the Rift

of black wings in the cold

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ahrk fin Kel lost prodah, do ved viing ko fin krah,
Tol fod zeymah win kein meyz fundein!

"What is this damned place?" she grumbles irritably to herself. The darkness of night had begun to settle in when she seemingly stepped through an invisible force field - some sort of barrier that stripped every ounce of magic from her. Her shouts? Gone. She had tested it, shouting a simple Fus Ro Dah and nothing happened. "What sort of arcane trickery is this?" she hisses, narrowing her eyes in annoyance. She is disgruntled, clearly, but with a sharp snort and a deep breath - she neutralized her exterior to appear aloof. So why, then, had she left? Why had she not turned around and gone back the way she came? Curiosity, perhaps. Or maybe a desire for adventure; something new. That did not change her displeasure over her current circumstances, though.

At least the giants don't seem to venture this far.

Each step is powerful, but light and swift. Her green eyes devouring everything in her path, watching carefully for any potential threat. In truth, the trees and melting snow didn't seem any different here than where she came from. The trees were nearly all the same and the temperatures were comparable. She might as well have somehow been transported from one edge of her old home to the other - like an infinite loop. There are differences, though. They are just subtle differences.

The moment she arrived was the moment that dusk swept in, lowering the light level just enough to make seeing difficult but not so far to allow the eyes to adjust fully to darkness. As a result, her other senses picked up the slack. Her ears erect and constantly swiveling to take in every sound, no matter how little. Various smells tickle her nostrils but her focus clings to the most recent of the aromas, utilizing those to pinpoint possible dangers. So far there were very few signs of life, none of which were truly physical signs.

Dovahkiin is alone.
Dovahkiin could wait.

Patience is, after all, a virtue. Moving forward, she settles into the shadows of a group of trees - effectively shrouding herself, making her more difficult to spot in the increasing dimness. Dovahkiin remains alert, always searching and always listening.

dovahkiin

image credit

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Grounded

Birdsong was apparently upon the land, but Torleik saw little sign of it in the Basin. Then again, his resident herdland always did take longer to thaw out - it was what reminded him of his home. His resident herdland was also still settling in after a change in leadership once more, and though the Bloodskald approved of this particular shift in power, he was still...unbalanced by it. The God of Time had swept in like he'd always been there and announced Ophelia the Lady of the Basin, making sharp quips and barbed observations as he supposed all the deities were apt to do.

As tough and hardy as he was, Torleik was not a stone on the inside. He felt more like one of these trees he was wandering amongst, root system torn asunder and hastily replanted, struggling to find hold, find life. And with each new Helovian he met, some left their mark on the surface, some bit deep, drawing out the sap, scarring the tough exterior where they had broken through. Perhaps that was why he wandered alone today; alone as he could be, at least. Irelyn flitted from tree to tree, small pulses of anxiety radiating through their bond from her tiny end.

Guilt scratched at the soft exterior of his soul, leaving claw marks and marring the surface. Glacial eyes glanced up at the boughs of the trees, seeing his little owl griffin up high and gracefully moving from limb to limb. Everything was in upheaval, it seemed.

'Unicorn!' came the sudden and jarring telepathic exclamation and Torleik's skin twitched in surprise, drawing his head up sharply to gaze around. Not that it would much help; Irelyn's owl-eyes could see for...gods knew how far in comparison to his primitive vision.

'Guide me,' he requested, following the path she laid out by silently moving from tree to tree in the quickly evolving dusk. It never ceased to fascinate Torleik how much of a predator Irelyn was, how she moved without sound and with such grace. Time oozed by slowly as he walked, wondering how far away this unicorn was - and who it was, at that.

'Trees, in shadow. Ahead.' His bonded paused in a tree some distance away from this spotted mark, in the proper line of sight for Torleik to see them himself. The Bloodskald made out a vague shape, curious that someone was trying so intensely to hide.

"If I can see you, I am certain you can already see me," the stallion called out. "What is it you are hiding from, vinr?"

"talk talk talk"

@[Dovahkiin]

OOC: Vinr means "friend." Torleik is using it loosely and in his own language since he doesn't know if Dovah is friend or foe.

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster

The slowly returning wildlife and the crashing falls springing back into raging life could only mean that Birdsong was on its way. Although it dragged its steps and still Ghost could travel and land her hooves in snow. The winter was being a stubborn one this year. `At least there was better fodder to be found! The Hidden Falls had been quiet of late and despite her efforts to try and stoke some life into a simmering fire, there was little change. It was the reason she was travelling to Threshold so much, in hopes of finding new creatures that might help her breath life into her sleepy little herd. After all, a stallion blessed by Gods, who wouldn’t want to fall under such a banner with all the glory and honour that Midas dragged around with him. Ghost respected the armoured Czar though his golden form and archaic turn of word almost made her cringe at how heroic he looked. An honourable Sir with no darkness that she could uncover, boring clod. Though he was trustworthy and very much needed all the same, despite his lack of mysteriousness.

Light drifted away slowly and soon dusk descended as the Cadaverous roamed the claiming territory, looking for unsuspecting foreigners to lasso and drag back. She wondered briefly how many ventured into the Threshold only to turn back, there wasn’t anything greatly appealing about a bunch of trees anyway and Ghost wouldn’t blame them. How many had slipped her grasp? Probably quite a few and it made her pace quicken with annoyed determination. If she found no one in the next hour then she would make tracks home. That was the banshee’s plan.

However, she did find others.

Slipping around another dark corner before flitting into more shadow, Ghost caught the scent of another close by and she drifted closer until his voice drifted onto her dark ears. She didn’t recognise the stallion calling out on appearance, he was thick bodied and devil horned, a white ran through his hair and splashed up his sides. He was staring towards the shadow of a tree where the banshee could make out a vague outline of someone lurking and smiled briefly.

Another who too liked the company of darkness.

Deciding to join the little gathering, Ghost shot an amused glance towards the hulking stallion with an attempt to break the ice ”I don’t think anyone could miss that beard” she concurred.

@[Dovahkiin]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Unregistered
Ahrk fin Kel lost prodah, do ved viing ko fin krah,
Tol fod zeymah win kein meyz fundein!

Here, safely concealed in shadow, time passed and darkness overtook the lands. With the dim glow of the moon providing the only source of light, the patch of darkness she had been hiding in simply grew and softened. The relative silence is broken by the sound of hooves approaching from the side. Dovahkiin shifts, her emerald eyes sweeping over the darkened trees. She spies him as the volume of the hoof beats increases. He is a rather large, dark figure - dominating the space between the trees making them feel smaller, weaker. And those horns? My, my are they attention grabbers. Time seems to tick by while the two simply stand watching each other - it seems like ages before his voice rings out across the void between them. 'If I can see you, I am certain you can already see me,' then 'What is it you are hiding from, vinr?'

Dovahkiin stifles a laugh from bubbling up and out of her chest but her lips curl upwards slightly instead. "Ahnok?" she asks, then she takes a step towards him. "Not... hiding, zuruniik. It's just a habit to keep to the shadows." Another step and then she pauses. Green eyes sweep over him, scrutinizing yet curious. Questions flood her mind but before they can slip from her lips, another arrives. Dovahkiin shifts her vibrant gaze to the newcomer. 'I don't think anyone could miss that beard.' the other adds, her amusement clear. This mare has a horn as well, but she also has wings like a bird or a feathered dragon. How curious, she thinks, resisting the urge to move beside her and get a closer look at the wings. Shaking her head briefly and pulling herself back to the present, she smirks. "He is difficult to miss." she agrees.

She glances between the two, lingering on each one for only a moment. "Where am I? And... who are you?" she asks, not in the least intimidated that both towered over her. "I am Dovahkiin, of Taazokaan."

tags: Torleik, @[Ghost]
ooc: so sorry for the delay and the short post! still figuring her out.
ahnok - hiding
zuruniik - stranger

dovahkiin

image credit

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

I feel it deep within, it's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster

Another shadow lover, how marvellous! Ghost hadn’t met many who enjoyed the company of darkness other the harsh glare of light. Her heart lurched to extend kinship to this mare that shared her love for the dusky side of things. The further the mare crept from her safe place, the more the Cadaverous could make out more of her composition, her make up, the patterns to her appearance that would make her identifiable in the future.

Red. It was the most predominant feature she noticed that littered her body in interesting stripes. It tinged the ends of her hair and the bottom of her legs, as if she’d been wading through a pool of blood. Macabre, intriguing and sturdy, the stranger didn’t reach great heights, but her physique was like that of a hardy traveller. The crimson touch reaches to that of her antlers, two that grow tall from atop her head, formidable weapons when used correctly surely. Lastly, her eyes were a sickly shade of green that captured the attention and drew in the banshee who watched, listened and took note. A smirk appears on the foreigner’s lips, an action Ghost herself had done many times before on moments of mocking or superiority, there was something about a smirk that spoke of arrogant power. It only leads to draw the Czarina in more.

After agreeing with her short humorous statement, the stranger finally introduces herself with a name and a place. Dovahkiin of Taazokaan. Odd sounding names from a land not of Helovia and for sake of memory Ghost shortened it to Dova before smiling briefly and proffering her head to the red touched mare. <->”You’ve stumbled upon Helovia, a land that never sleeps for long”
her eerie voice laughed as she answered the girls first question. Indeed, it was either wraiths or murder or floating islands, Ghost couldn’t remember a time where she had lived at peace for a lengthy amount of time. ”I’m Ghost, Czarina of the Hidden Falls. A land of water and fodder that lies just north through these trees and under the mountain, its not easy to find if you don’t know how to get there” she replied whilst motioning towards the North to indicate the general whereabouts.

Turning back to the girl, she paused a moment to see if the bearded fellow would step in to offer his own name or a place he hailed from before finally Ghost spoke again. ”Do you need anything? Want anything?

@[Dovahkiin]
Sorry to skip round you Red! Feel free to jump back in.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

It did not surprise the demon that the female hybrid newcomer spoke first - women were apt to do that across all lands, he'd found thus far in his life. Both females took amusement in his beard (which he was quite proud of, if he were being honest) and found him hard to miss. Torleik was unsure if this was directly a size reference - as he was not small - or a flirtatious statement.

He was outnumbered here and that was never good for a man.

The newcomer in the Threshold called herself, among the rest of the mouthful, Dovahkiin, and the hybrid Ghost. Curious, the Bloodskald first queried, "Your name, does it hold meaning like the other words you spoke to me?" He had clearly been able to glean that ahnok meant hiding, and he could guess that perhaps zuruniik meant something along the lines of his loosely bantered 'friend' term. Glancing at this Ghost, he offered his name to both. "My name is Torleik; I am the General of the Aurora Basin, also north of here."

Something about this stranger was interesting enough to him; mayhap her coloring, or her unflinching attitude. There were the makings of a shieldmaiden about her. "Taazokaan - what was this land of yours like?"

"talk talk talk"

@[Dovahkiin]
@[Ghost]

OOC: HHNNGG SO SORRY I DROPPED OFF THE PLANET. Finals KILLED me. >.> Translation of the title if you put your mouse over it, or if you can't, it says, "Hearken now, son of snow, to an age long ago"

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Unregistered

Darkness. Shadow. Little else encompasses the three predominantly black figures. The big braided one is a warrior, that much is clear. He reminded her, at first glance, of the warriors she had met in The Companions. The dark mare, however, is different - more like her. At first glance, she has an air of cleverness and of distance. Oh but one could never be too sure. Dovahkiin felt the mare would likely fit in with the Dark Brotherhood back home but it was little more than a feeling with nothing to base it on. She had gone through her fair share of groups back home, dropping them, without question, as soon as boredom struck. She had never burned the bridges, although a couple were lit unintentionally. Dovahkiin simply wasn't to be tied down.

Aside from the obvious connection through shadow, the two were alike in their shades; black, white, and red. Dovahkiin is far less subtle, of course, her colors vibrant and encompassing her most of her body. Perhaps going with her would be a logical choice or at least a desirable one but it was never that easy for her. Dovahkiin rarely allowed herself to get close to anyone and the mare of wing and horn was someone with which she felt a kinship. Her heart is drawn to Ghost, though she hides it well. Besides, the massive hunk of braids and male-meat is certainly nice to look at. Her gaze drifts between the two, green eyes nearly glowing in the darkness. Helovia. So that's what this place was called. That didn't intrigue her nearly as much as the mare's following statement. "Is that so? Well, you have my attention." her voice contains an almost silky quality; smooth with an underlying sensuality. Giddy excitement blooms in her chest at the notion of frequent changes. Perhaps she would finally get the adventure she craved or perhaps she could finally pledge her loyalties more firmly. As long as the excitement never dwindled or faded, Dovahkiin had no problem sticking around. Which way she goes, however, can never be easily determined.

The mare introduces herself and describes her home - Ghost of the Hidden Falls. Dovahkiin locks it into her memory, pairing it with the mare's scent for future reference. Then the stallion speaks, and her bright green eyes shift to focus on him. "It does." she agrees, another smirk itching to curl the corners of her lips. "It means dragon born." she answers plainly. After the barest moment of silence, his introduction comes - Torleik of the Aurora Basin. Once again, she automatically stores his name, scent, and home in her mind. Both he and Ghost would surely be worth remembering - an army general and a queen; these were individuals of some importance.

Ghost spoke again, her voice breaking through the silence that had settled in around them. Dovahkiin shifts her attention to the black mare and a knowing smile contorts her features. "What are you offering?" she asks, her eyes shining with a sly, almost sexual quality. Oh, but isn't this fun? Torleik's question tickles her ears, then, and she returns her attention to him. "Taazokaan is quite varied, actually. Though mostly cold and snowy. It has it's dangers, of course; dragons, giants, mammoths, warriors and assassins." she explained, keeping her answer shorter for the time being. If he asked, she might divulge more but now she simply falls silent and allows her sickly green eyes to shift from one to the other.

tags: @[Torleik], @[Ghost]
notes: so sorry I apparently forgot about this! I'm hopeful we can finish this quickly now so we can all move on. Also, no idea where she started to develop this hypersexuality but apparently she'd tap both of them. xD
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)