the Rift

[OPEN] Going, going, going...{Alysanne}

Sheba Posts: 114
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 13 :: Frostfall HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Minou :: Ocelot :: Sing Shady
Winter is nearly over, and it seems that so are you. This observation is made with a cold and clinical sort of apathy, noted with sunken brown eyes—the same eyes that used to glint like golden gunmetal. But now they are dull, just like the ragged winter coat that is falling out in ugly clumps to reveal jutting ribs and hipbones. Frostfall has never been kind to you, but in this body, you barely stood a chance. Starved, sick, and shivering, you’ve never looked more pathetic in your life. That is, until a few moments later, when you stumble and fall into the freezing slush.

Covered in ice and mud, you find your joints too stiff to get up. What a way to go, you think in disgust, dropping your head in defeat. You’re not the sort to give up on anything, much less on yourself, but you’ve spent all your energy now and you can’t seem to muster up the desire to care about this dying body. Mentally, you curse the one who did this to you, that flaming stranger who took everything for the promise of a gift. You should have known better than to play with magic. You of all creatures knows that the world is a cruel place, and that everything comes with a price. Too bad that the price for this mistake is about to be your life.

Fool, you think scornfully, a bitter taste flooding your mouth. You deserve to die, with judgment like yours. A raspy cough pushes past your lips, and you sigh deeply, closing your eyes. If this is the end, you’ll at least spare yourself the gruesome sight.

@[Alysanne] @[Miykael]

Please tag Sheba in all posts!

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Birdsong is fighting desperately against Frostfall but the transition is slow and Frostfall is reluctant to give up its' icy grip on the land. The snow, in most places, had softened to slush and beneath that the ground had begun to thaw. The combination, of course, creating a cold, slippery and muddy mess. Perhaps more-so outside the cover of the trees. Despite the chill in the air and the slick slush-covered ground, Miykael finds himself wandering outside the bounds of the Edge more frequently than ever before. Unfurling his massive white wings, he takes off and heads east over the trees with Eliana close behind. The flight is invigorating to say the least, the cold air is enough to wake him up completely, like a splash of cold water on one's face, but it is also enough to send shivers down his spine.

After a fair distance had been covered, the two drop down in the threshold to take a quick peek of any newcomers that might be there. They find no promising leads and continue south, heading for the deep forest instead. Why? The reasons are unclear, to be honest. The pair are simply following their whims again. The slush grows thicker and becomes more snow-like in the shade but that doesn't slow him down. Eliana flies ahead, the night dark bird swiftly dodging and weaving through the trees. She is the first to notice the old, old mare simply laying in the cold slush and mud. Circling around the old mare once, then twice; Eliana heads back to Miykael to lead him to her. Once he sees the old mare, he sends Eliana to go find Alysanne. Though he has healing magic, he knows very little of herbs and remedies - the Mood Doctor has greater knowledge of those.

In the meantime, Miykael couldn't just leave her here to die. The faded gold and white paint makes his way towards her, carefully - oh, so carefully. He has no desire to startle her. Once he is close enough for her to hear him (without him shouting), he looks her over and makes note of her patchy winter coat, scraggly appearance, and protruding hipbones and ribs. Genuine concern is clear in his bright blue eyes. "Are you alright?" he asks, his brow furrowing. "I'm a healer. Please," he begins, "please let me help you." Miykael steps closer to her, slowly making his way to her side where he hopes she will allow him to lay beside her to share his warmth and blanket her with one of his massive wings. Eliana would find Alysanne. They would be here soon and then Aly could help this poor old mare.

tags: @[Sheba]
ooc: so sorry for the delay and the not so good post. they will get better!

you tried hiding another you,
but your evil was coming through

image by sara vay at flickr
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
Frostfall had been hard this year but, so Alysanne thought, it had been manageable. Even in the temperate Edge they had experienced bitter chills – and she had been thankful for company on those long nights. The blessing of the floating island had been one she would not fail to thank the gods for – that place alone was a saving grace as it never seemed to be touched by the harsh climate that snow and ice create.

Oh, it was a beautiful season! But reality often threw it into a harsh light.

On that particular late Frostfall day, Hemlock had been leading Alysanne to nowhere in particular – he simply wanted his bonded to get out of the Edge and reacquaint herself with the forests of Helovia. It wasn’t very likely that they were going to find some herbs that they could harvest and bring back, but it didn’t hurt to look.

Besides, he had the ulterior motive of keeping her busy so she wouldn’t go wander off and find someone he did not care for her to be friends with. Like that healer mare – who was alright he supposed – with the retched dragon. Or, even worse, the retched, fumbling lover stallion with the silly fox.

Or, worse than all of them, that other retched, sad lover stallion with the pretty star-bird.

Why couldn’t his bonded find suitable mates and friends with equally suitable companions?

Alysanne, having been lectured on the matter all morning, followed her owl to spare herself from hearing such opinions about her friends.

During their stroll, they were sought out by the previously mentioned pretty star-bird, Eliana, who was making enough of a fuss that Alysanne wasted no time in following her – fearing what they would find whenever they reached their destination. The fear did not dissipate upon discovering the pair laying on the ground – Mikey doing what he did best and doing whatever he could to help the old mare who seemed to have come out this side of Frostfall with some difficulty.

The genuine concern that had come from Mikey was echoed in Alysanne as she came forward and looked between the two – trying to figure out where she should start with helping.

Thoughts of the Moon Goddess pushed into her mind but she couldn’t refuse to help. Not this time!

Spring-green eyes focused on the mare and she made a decision – they could help her find some hearty food to get her energy up but that slush she was lying in was worrisome. “Hey there, I’m Aly. Now, I know it’s pretty comfy underneath the wing of my friend Mikey but what do you say we move over to that dry spot? Just underneath those pines right there?” She moved easily so that she was standing on the other side of the mare, feeling the icy impact of the slush even as she stood in it, ready to help.

Just as she knew it would be for Mikey - it wasn't even a question about whether to help this mare or not. Of course she would! The fact that they were strangers did not factor in the slightest.

@[Sheba]
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Sheba

With your eyes closed, you cannot mark the passing of time. Thus, you do not know how long you lie there in the sludge, waiting for death. You drift in and out of sleep (or delirium, it’s hard to say which), feverishly grasping at the dreams and memories that pass through your mind like shadowy ghosts paying their last respects. A snatch of a song, a hint of a face…wearily, you wonder what has become of them all now, these specters of your past. Have they all crumbled to dust, just as you soon will? Or do they live on? Do they think of you at all, Sheba? Or have they forgotten you, as you have tried so hard to forget them?

But it seems that you cannot even go about the business of dying in peace, for the crunch and slosh of hooves in the icy slush interrupts your soul searching. Irritated, you open a rheumy eye to find a winged stallion standing over you. Your first instinct is to tell him to get lost, but when you open your mouth, all that comes out is an incoherent rasp—and oh, wonderful, now it’s too late. You can’t shout over him while he’s speaking. “Are you all right?” the stranger is asking, though you both know that the answer to that is obvious. I’m dying, you want to whisper grandly. That ought to take the bounce out of his crunchy steps. Maybe then he’ll go away and you can get back to your deep and personal musings. But before you can draw enough breath to impart that impressive tidbit upon this lovely Good Samaritan, he says something that you cannot help but respond to. “I’m a healer,” he informs you earnestly, “Please. Please, let me help you.”

You suck in a sharp breath, and a scratchy laugh bursts weakly from deflated lungs. In the meantime, he is attempting to shelter you from the cold with one of his wings—a well-meaning gesture, you suppose, but it won’t do any good. “Don’t bother, cherie. What I’ve got, you can’t cure. Only old Fireball can, and I don’t suppose I’ll ever see him again,” you wheeze, making the mud bubble with your violent breaths. You don’t begrudge the Samaritan his attempts though—in your last moments, you have decided that it is permissible to indulge in a little bit of this sappy drivel. At least you won’t die alone.

Irony seems to be having its bit of fun with you today, for as soon as you think that, your death suddenly becomes a party. The telltale crunch-slosh-crunch-slosh of another set of hooves signals the arrival of a second pegasus, this a one black and white mare who introduces herself as Aly. It also appears that she knows your Samaritan, for when she speaks, she addresses him as ‘Mikey.’ Brightly, she suggests that you move to where it is dry, and your ears tilt back in exasperation. Would you be lying here in the muck if you could help it? Oh, how far you have fallen, Sheba, to be dying in the dirt like this. Frustrated, you are about to lash out at the gentle mare…when something catches your eye. As she bends over you, the glass trinket around her ears dances and shimmers in the light. Your thoughts dart to the baubles buried in the tangled remnants of your once well-kept mane, and you remember their creator. The one who crafted them for you possessed a talent you had never seen elsewhere—surely this was his work as well? Dragomir…” you breathe, gaze focusing on the twirling glass heart.

"talk talk talk"

@[Miykael]

Coding base by Tamme | Image by Shady

Outcast

Miykael the Angel

and, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

The mare opens her mouth to speak but all that slips from her lips is a raspy noise. He can't help but to worry, can't help but to wonder over the ways he might be able to help. Very little springs to mind except to attempt to warm her up or at least keep her from freezing. His healing magic works on many things but old age is not an ailment in and of itself. It isn't the same as a broken bone or an open wound. Sighing softly, he ignores her weak laugh and settles in beside her, attempting to press himself against her side. "Don't bother, cherie..." she finally speaks and her voice betrays her weakened state. "Don't underestimate the abilities of others. Besides, it isn't in my nature to not help someone in need." his voice is firm but gentle and warm. "Fireball? The God of the Sun? What did he do to you?" he asks, curious if more information might help him aid her.

Fortunately, Eliana soon returns followed shortly by the little owl and Alysanne. As much as the sight of her adds a new fine crack in his heart, slowly but surely breaking it into a million pieces, he can't help but to smile at her arrival. Surely she'll know what to do to help. Her first suggestion is for the old mare to move out of the slush and though the idea is a good one, Miykael wonders if the mare can get up. Perhaps with the support of him on one side and Aly on the other? Could the two of them keep the frail mare from falling? With his brow furrowed, he moves his head, placing his lips near cheek. His breath blows thoughtlessly against her flesh and his words a soft, just above a whisper. "If I...if we help, do you think you could stand?"

Aly and Mikey are quite the duo when it comes to saving others. It is part of the kinship he feels for her. She understands. She cares. He cares, perhaps too much, but that was what led to his fall when he was an angel. But his angel status is long forgotten history now. Now he is just another mortal with the ability to heal and an uncanny ability to mess with the memories of others. Since none of those abilities are of any use here, he can't help but wondering if he should even dare to hope that they could save just one more soul together. In the silence that surrounds them, he hears her whisper a name - Dragomir. One of the glaziers of the Edge? Confusion reigns as his lifts his gaze to Aly - communicating with her silently, hoping she's as in tune with him as he is with her. There is nothing magical; just a close relationship built over the years. Their minds work in very similar ways - anyone on the outside can see that.

ooc: sorry for the delay, guys. D: things got crazy-busy and my muse took a vacation without me.
tags: @[Alysanne]
Image by Vail

Alysanne
Alysanne happily allowed Miykael to do the convincing, who could deny that sweet face when he was offering to help? If anyone was going to make progress, it was going to be him, but she would be ready to help if called upon. She stayed where she was, ready to move to the other side and assist with the move. Surely the two of them would be able to provide enough assistance!

Possibly one of the last things that Alysanne expected to happen was for the pale, sickly mare to look at her and say someone else’s name. Not just someone else, but someone she knew. “Dragomir?” She repeated, dumbly, at first as she tried to figure out just where that thought had been going. It was a small world, she didn’t know why it surprised her that – of all the names – she would hear that one but it did. She felt Mikey looking at her and returned his glance for a moment before the movement caused her headband to jingle and she realized what the elderly mare was looking at. “Oh!” Dragomir was the Glazier for the Edge!

Well that explained it! How silly of her not to make that connection right away – sometimes she just plain forgot that little decoration was there. A smile grew again then having established this and she looked back to the mare. “He’s a friend – I live in the Edge with him.” Alysanne doesn’t really feel like mentioning that it was Kahlua, not Dragomir, that had gifted her this headband. She was just happy for the connection with this mare, maybe they’d be able to use it to give her some help.

Close as she is, she can see light glinting off of something buried in the tangles of the mare’s mane and she recognized the shine of glass – hard not to, when it was so common around the Edge. “Did he make the decorations in your hair? They’re beautiful.”

@[Sheba]
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Sheba

You are surprised when he scolds you, in a voice so paternal it aches. Not that you would know the love of a father if it turned into a serpent and bit you on the nose, though you’ve hungered for it all your life. Still, his reprimand silences you for a moment as it catches you off guard, and it is then that you finally receive a name to put to the face that has plagued your nightmares for the past three seasons. “The god of the sun?” you rasp, half-doubtfully…yet half-wondering. “God of the sun, my—” Another coughing fit interrupts your would-be unladylike outburst. Could it be? You’ve never been much of one to believe in gods (or kings either, for that matter), but these are strange lands with strong magic.

“What did he do to me?” you finally wheeze when the coughing has subsided. This, monsieur, this!” you hiss, gesturing at your own emaciated body in disgust. “I suppose you wouldn’t believe me, but I was a great beauty once.” Your tone grows bitter again at the revelation, for by now the truth seems far-fetched even to you. How long has it been since your pale hide was soft and smooth, your hollowed ribs full with the skin stretched beautifully over your slim barrel? How long since your hair was luxurious, weighed down by heavy braids and delicate ornaments? In truth, the ornaments are all that remain, and they only serve to make a mockery of you with their ethereal beauty so out of place in your ratted mane.

And it seems that the pegasus mare has noticed them. At first, she looks confused when you mention Dragomir’s name, but soon enough, your meaning becomes apparent to her. From the ground, you watch impatiently as the thought dawns on her and recognition sets her wide eyes alight. “He’s a friend,” Aly tells you, in a tone so sickeningly soothing that it actually comforts you. “I live in the Edge with him.” Dragomir, you think with a strange touch of fondness. If only you weren’t so terribly ugly, you would have liked to see him again.

However, Aly’s affirmation mollifies you, and you decide that you might as well let this pair help you. By now you are sure that they are no threat to you, and quite truthfully, you’re rather beginning to enjoy their attentions. “Well,” you mutter begrudgingly, “If you’re going to help me, you might as well get on with it. I can’t get up on my own, you know.” Painstakingly, you stretch your neck out and try to shift your weight. If they can help you roll onto your belly, perhaps you can get your legs under you, and with their assistance, rise. You suppose that you can put off dying for another day.

"talk talk talk"

Not to be obnoxious, just tagging @[Alysanne] since it's been a bit and it's easy to lose track!

OOC: Sorry she's such a poop xD

Coding base by Tamme | Image by Shady

Outcast

A lover not a fighter on the frontline with a poem
trying to write yourself a rifle, maybe sharpen up a song
to fight the tanks and drones of you being alone

Her sudden silence following his gentle reprimand is enough to make him smile softly. He had almost expected her to get angry with him and send him away. The silence, however, is short lived and the old mare rasps her disbelief. Her words are cut off by a coughing fit. Miykael hadn't ever seen the god of the sun but he had seen the shrines at the Vein of the Gods the day he received Eliana's egg. He's also felt the sun god's magic - at least to the extent that he possesses light magic. Perhaps he had been wrong, but the mare's reaction suggests that he had likely hit the nail on the head. Shortly after her coughing fit subsides, she speaks again with a tone laden in attitude. She gestures at her own body and though he doesn't fully understand her meaning he nods gently. "I do believe you." he agrees, his voice soft despite the harshness of the old mare's tone. He firmly believed that everyone is beautiful at some point in their life - no matter how long ago. What he didn't realize was that she was talking of a time more recent.

Miykael grows quiet then, merely listening to Alysanne and the old mare. It isn't long before he and Aly are victorious in the pleas and the mare resigns herself to being helped. Their relentless attempts to convince her to allow them to help her aren't fruitless. "Wonderful! Let's see what we can do, hm?" he exclaims, blue eyes dancing. Joy surges through his chest after she speaks and within moments he has rises from the ground, turns himself so that he might nudge her up off of her side. Getting her hooves beneath her was the first step, though he wasn't sure how much force they would need to do so. Leverage was needed to get her to her belly and from there they could brace either side as she began to rise. It is a plan, whether it is a good one or not is yet to be seen. Could they save her? Miykael didn't allow the seed of doubt to plant itself in his brain, instead he looked to Aly, seeking the hope they needed to save this old mare's life.

tags: @[Alysanne]
notes: it's short and awful but at least it's here! if you all need to skip me at any point, that's okay.

Miykael
At war with love

credits :: royal genesis, sippanont samchai, coding by rottie

Alysanne
The pale mare gave them consent to try to get her up to somewhere more dry, to that sunny patch not too far off, and Alysanne was relieved. It did not matter to her that there was anything but gratitude in the voice that they were treated with - neither her nor Mikey were the type to turn away from someone if they needed help, whatever their attitude. Besides, she figured that it was merely a result of where she was lying, it could not be comfortable. Surely this mare would feel much better once she was dry and safe! Even the kindest soul was bound to feel a little grumpy while lying in a cold, muddy puddle that they were unable to get out of on their own.

Alysanne could feel Miykael’s eyes on her, his attention making her uncomfortable but she was thankful that there was a reason for it this time - a reason that was not them so she had little problem in meeting his gaze. A nod of encouragement was given, urging him to move ahead with the plan. It was better to get it over with as soon as possible and not stand around here, talking while their new friend remained uncomfortable by their hooves.

Arranging herself quickly, she stood over the mare and wrapped her head around the old unicorn’s back as best as she could to pull assist Miykael as he pushed from his side. “Let me know if we’re hurting you, dear.” She offered softly, remaining conscious of how strong her touch was the entire time - hoping that she wasn’t causing bruises on such a delicate looking frame.

They may be worth it if it saved her life but Alysanne wasn’t fond of the idea of causing any more trouble than need be.

Once she was on her belly, Alysanne took a step back and paused for a moment before moving in again, readying herself to get to the tricky part. Though she was rather worried, a kind smile stayed where it was in her emerald eyes. Neither her nor Mikey were going to let this old mare die - not today, nor any day soon if they could help it. “Not so bad, huh? Alright now, we’ll help you stand up.” It was her turn to look to her friend, making sure that he was ready, before speaking to them both. “Ready? 1… 2… 3!”

Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

thank you so much for the tag! I was silly and thought the tag sitting in my inbox from Miykael was from another thread. So sorry for the wait <3

@[Sheba]
made by the lovely tamme