the Rift

[PRIVATE] you build me up and then i fall apart

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
AURELIA
She had walked this narrow bridge before, but today it was different. I could have easily plunged into the cold water and let myself sink to he bottom of the ocean where my heart would stop pulsing and I could be free. It took self control not to do that. In the end, I told myself that I didn't deserve the freedom that came with death, but I didn't understand why. Why didn't I deserve death? Who did deserve it? What use did I have living? I was a sack of bones, peppered with fire, salted with depression. I wondered why I thought I could become a legend by harming those around. Where would that ever get me? Well, it got me here. I was hated and depressed. Was this my fate?

I walked myself to where the shrines had been. Remnants of them remained, but none were fully intact. I doubted that even the gods knew what lay ahead. Things could change easily, and even the future was mold-able. I needed direction, I needed something to do. I knelt down before the shrines. The Sun God, he should hate me for leaving his herd then coming back to it, like a lost puppy. The Goddess of the Moon should hate me for challenging her queen for lead, and abandoning my post as Seer. The Earth God... I don't know where I stood with him. His feather was secured in my mane, yet I had burnt and attacked his herd not very long ago. The Basin's patron, the Time God, should hate me for thinking I could just go to his land's border and not get caught. I couldn't help it, I am fascinated and fearful of unicorns at the same time.

My eyes shut and I prayed. I didn't pray for anything or anyone... not even for myself. My prayer was a question. Would the gods descend today? If they did, what would I say? I was sure a simple "I am sorry" wouldn't suffice. How could I prove to them that I was legitimately apologizing? Once I finished my prayer, I stood. My eyes reopened and I glanced around the shrines. I saw no gods, no horses, no life. I only saw lava. Bright blue lava. Oh, now that would be a quick way out.

ooc: @[Vadim] hope you don't mind having them meet here c:
Walking "Talking"
Image Credit

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.