the Rift

[OPEN] Until there's nothing to give

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

Good deeds after good deeds. It was nice to watch the faces of others light up as they realized their work had been appreciated, but a selfish part of Ghost wondered if she would ever get anything for it. Probably not and it was most likely wrong of her to think such things, but she did all the same. Ever since her ascension to Czarina the banshee found herself lost between herself and the duties before her. She didn’t quite realise how much of her time would be spent just checking on little things nor how much travelling there would be. How could one ever sit and plan anything when their mind was constantly busy with other matters. Sighing, the Cadaverous wished Seele was still around so she could ask questions. Although the former spy always acted disinterested and on top of things, in reality, the young mare was rather struggling with all the tasks her new role entailed. How did one wear such a title? With pride and honour, with power and ruthlessness? The fact she knew nothing about the horses she now governed didn’t help her come to an easy conclusion so she hovered between the two. Perhaps time would form the ruler in her, for now the banshee just felt like a small voice in the shadow of the Gallant who had achieved so much already.

Back to her good deed of the day, Ghost roamed the Hidden Falls in search of Rostislav, her General and member of the team who had formed on Sky Island in order to find a killer. She wondered if he had any more information on that too. If not, she could at least relay her own to him, the spy in Ghost hadn’t quite shifted from her habits yet. She had all this information stored away and nowhere to put it.

Making another turn and descending low enough into the Falls so her voice wouldn’t be drowned out by the crashing water, Ghost raised her lips to the air and called on the stocky warrior who liked to carry a flask of some strange concoction. She wondered how on earth he came across such a thing and why on earth he drank it. Did it add an extra enjoyment to the boring lives they led? Who knew, but at least it hadn’t stopped him from performing his duties to the herd so far.

@[Rostislav]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I've just finished meeting with who I know as the newest member of the Falls - White December. I've found her quite refreshing in comparison to many of the mares I've interacted with lately, and I find myself calm as I walk aimlessly through slowly-melting snow. A call floats through the air to my lazy lobes and I raise my head, stopping and looking in the direction of the call. It's the voice of Ghost, my czarina and partner in crime-solutionizing. I pick up a trot toward the hybrid lady, staying a steady but easy pace. It takes a little while to find my way to her, but soon her dark form is in my view and I whinny my approach.

I halt abruptly in the snow near her and stand square, my ears and eyes more alert than usual. My pouch hangs around my neck, dangling against the edge of my shoulder. I haven't been drinking as much as usual, though why I'm not sure. Perhaps life has been looking up lately? "M'lady? What can I do for ye?" I look over her form, all black including wings and horn, except for the white and red that decorates her wings midway down to the edge of her feathers. I haven't heard much about the governing ways, but then I don't tend to pay much attention to that. She seems to be doing a decent job, and has certainly been more present than Seele was, so that's a plus. I wonder if she has any more information on the murders that have been taking place... Perhaps that is why she called me here?

WC: 272
Tag: @[Ghost]
Solutionizing is my word. You can't have it.

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

Ghost offers a small smile as the Legatus comes into sight. His big bulky form and hellhound bonded a familiar sight. A bottle swung from his neck, but the banshee detected no oddities in his movement and presumed he hadn’t consumed a lot of whatever’s was in it. Much to her relief. She wasn’t sure her social skills were quite up to the task of dealing with a drunkard quite yet and she was sincerely worried that she might have had to resort to a knock over the head. That was if she could even manage that, so hairy and thick was his skull and so feeble was her own body. Alas, hopefully there would be no such altercations this time as Ghost was granting him a gift for his hard work that had been passed down from the Earth God. At least the alcohol didn’t get in the way of his performance.

She watches as he halts before her and she offers him a courteous proffer of her head in greeting when he speaks. The mention of murder and death would come after, right now she needed to complete this one task in order to cross it off her list of things she needed to do. A list that only seemed to get longer no matter how many things she crossed off it. ”Rostislav! Anything amiss to report? No border intrusions?” She asked of him first, hoping his answer would be no so she could get on with everything else.

After giving him a moment to respond, Ghost began with giving him the reward and thanking him for his duties so far in hopes that he would continue to stoutly guard their family. ”I bring you a gift from Lord Earth. We were to pick some worthy recipients and you are one. You may have a medium sized item of your choice that glows bronze or green. Choose wisely” her voice was high and soft, full of friendly familiarity. She wondered what he’d go after, something to help him fight perhaps? Or maybe just a fancier bottle to put his bad habits in.

After the gift giving was done, Ghost moved onto the subject of the murderer and the recent deaths. ”There has been more deaths. I saw one not too long ago of a sooty palomino winged mare and a male chestnut unicorn. They appeared to have died during a struggle, but all that was left was some white downy feathers.” She sighed in confusion as her mind tried to put bits of information together, ”black hair, sand, a black feather and now this… What do you think?” At least it was more than they had at the start, but Ghost still frustrated herself mulling over it.

@[Rostislav]
[Congratulations! Rostislav has won a seasonal prize from Frostfall!!
"one glowing bronze or green medium item" will be added to your prize records soon!]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
The pleasantries begin and she greets me as I greet her, with respect and friendliness. She asks if there are any new events that I need to notify her of, and I shake my head in the negative. The only one I thought might have been an intruder turned out to be a new member of the herd. I have not spent much time with the Czarina, and know little to nothing about her except for her general appearance. She seems to be handling her new responsibilities well, and doesn't appear to be disheveled or in any way perturbed. I know that I could never be a lead - there is way too much responsibility and way too many tasks to accomplish. I can barely manage the nonexistent army that we have here in the Falls. Which makes her next bit of news quite interesting to me. Apparently, I have been nominated and been rewarded with a price from Mr. Earth God. I cock my head with interest and my eyes widen, ears perking forward. A smile dawns on my lips as she gives me the news of my prize. I haven't the slightest idea what item I might like, but this gift is an opportunity to better myself perhaps in battle. A way to defend myself, or wound my enemies. I'm not sure what I would pick. It will most definitely take several nights of thought before I close my eyes for sleep, and perhaps the answer will come to me in my dreams.

"Thank you, m'lady." My mind starts to buzz with excitement, but no clear thought strands could be identified. Ghost draws me back to our conversation before I can tune out too much by mentioning the murders. I nod, remembering that I had been thinking of that when I saw her. She mentions the clues that we have discovered as a group, and I close my eyes, picturing each of the clues in my mind. I open them when she asks what I think, and watch her, still thinking. "Well.. sand must mean sand magic, or someone from the Throat? The hairs and feathers must be from the murderer, right? Decorations or part of wings. I think that a pegasus, or hybrid -- " I glance at her horn and wings with a half-apologetic, half-considering gaze. "-- from the Throat is a likely suspect. Do you know?" I consider the lady to be more intelligent than myself, and much more likely to have an answer. I am not stupid, but I am not brilliant either. I snort, clearing my breath passage way as if it will help me think better. More oxygen is equal to more brainpower, right?

WC: 448
Tag: @[Ghost]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.