the Rift

[OPEN] the edge games, an invitation

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA
She was not original by any means, but she was capable of copying what she had seen before. An invitation to the Edge, a drawing upon a shard of glass pulled from the shattered wall, made of crushed berries collected by herself and Khan. The red juices streamed across the glass, an image of a cliff with a few coniferous trees upon its ledge. Then below, several crude stick horses in something of a race, galloping towards a line. A finish line? It was not exactly a race that was proposed, but something similar and something rather difficult to convey in a picture. Finally, a moon- an indication that any who wanted to arrive should come in one month’s time. Whatever would make them come, Kahlua only wanted to help her herd. The idea had been a good one, birthed from the womb of her council, and she would make it work.

Only one stone remained on the bottom of her basket, one having been delivered to each of the herd lands and the Rotunda thus far. Watchful as ever, her mecha scorpion maintained his residence in her forelock as the queen continued on her journey to the final outcast land she had decided upon. After all, the Edge didn’t just want to invite those in a herd. She had a planned route. Basin first, then Falls, then Throat. Then, for the last two stones, one settled upon the ground of the beautiful Rotunda building and one settled beneath a tree in the Thistle Meadow.

She arrived at the Thistle Meadow in the bright of day and she couldn’t help but be surprised by the destruction that spring had brought to this place. With mud everywhere, this land was close to unlivable. Still, there were plenty that made their home here, she was sure of it. Whinnying out, hoping to draw attention to herself, Kahlua took the remaining glass message board from her basket and settled it onto a small, dry mound beneath a lone tree. Hopefully sitting up above the mud, it would be easy enough to find. Waiting just a moment then, she and Khan retreated from this place. There was much more to be done, they could not linger long.

Kahlua out. This is an invitation to the edge games. Any and all are encouraged to participate!
EDGE
fo Lyfe
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Since the event on the land bridge, Ampere had been more aware of those without wings, and their shortcomings. On her last patrol those that had been with her had all been flighted, so it hadn't been an issue, but this time she was paired with the unicorn mare Sikeax. For that reason she chose to walk to their patrol destination of the Thistle Meadow, though she wouldn't sacrifice their patrol for social niceties. The air was her domain and gave her a different vantage point that she intended to use.

"Sikeax, see what you can find on the ground, I'm going to get in the sky," Ampere announced, looking for the other pegasus, Destry, to ensure she was airborne as well. She didn't like having to split up like this, especially when Sikeax wasn't a warrior, but the meadow was a rather open field and she should be able to spy danger before it got to her.

In fact, there wasn't much to patrol here. With its openness it didn't harbor many secrets. It was a fine grazing spot though, albeit most of it was still white with the remnants of snow melt, so the spring flowers and grasses hadn't quite reclaimed it yet. Still, duty was duty and at the very least it was good endurance training. Maybe on the way back she'd get to know the two mare better - on the way out she'd been a bit quiet, sunken in her own thoughts. Perhaps she could even interest either of them in a little spar before leaving?

Ampere couldn't get ahead of herself, she still had a lot of ground sky to cover before she could call the patrol off. It didn't make it any less dull though.

[Blah post sorry - I was thinking Sikeax could find the invitation on the ground, my assumption being it was partially hidden by snow/plants so hard to see from above.]

@[Destry] & @[Sikeax] our patrol thread, if you wanted?

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Sikeax

Turn everything off
And just cover your neck
Cause life is full of your regrets

Having left with the group instead of sprinting and chasing Gaucho like a manic was an unspoken pleasure, growing with the fact that the two Pegasi which she had been assigned with walked with her. Whether their acts had been of kindness or nothing but exercise for their legs, it was appreciated. Safety in numbers gave a better sense of ease to her to nerves than wandering alone.
Ampere was gone as soon as they made it to the meadow, the small mare uniting with the sky as Sikeax watches in amazement and shear awe of the act. It's beautiful, exotic, and something she'll never know. Envy taints her blood for a moment before fading to black.
Pale eyes scan the ground for impurities among the grass and remaining snow beneath the trees. Two trees are pawed about with her legs aching slightly after each with no avail. There seems to be nothing by the time she reachs the third, pawing about the moosh-y snow with a feeling of boredom. What could even be lying about-
Something hits her hoof, stopping in the process. The cracked and distorted edges of her hooves were nothing to be bothered as of the state of; she'd banged them against every object to Timbucktu and they were still as ugly as ever. It was what she had banged them against that caught her eye, now twinkling in the light of her horn. Amusement fills her as she stares into it for some time before noticing the pictures. Finally, something had come along of importance.
Coming out from underneath the brim of the tree's branches, she scans the skies for Ampere and Destry, looking for the presence of her companions. "Hey! I found something!" She shouts to them, hoping that her voice is enough to bring their attention back to her. In a last feable attempt to gain them, she rears, whinnying in the act she's never taken much thought to. She mustn't leave the stone to move further out and risk losing it's place.

@[Destry]
coding
images

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

The sound of Sikeax's voice cuts through the wind just barely, Ampere only catching it as she was circling back around for her final circuit of their patrol. Surprised, her eyes drop down towards the pale unicorn, squinting through the breeze as she tries to see what it is. There's no immediate threat, and no obvious gain either. Confused, Ampere drops into a circle by lowering one wing, gradually decreasing her altitude in the downward spiral before landing in the snow amongst her sister in arms.

"What?" she asks, breathy with the exercise. It doesn't take long though before Ampere catches the familiar glint of the glassy fragment. Recognition flashes across her gaze, a quick step bringing her in closer. "I've seen this before," she murmured, "In the Throat. I thought it was a warning of incoming famine." She shook her head, snorting. It was a strange warning to be sure, particularly since it didn't make sense. Birdsong was the most plentiful of seasons, how could everyone be doomed to starve? And if it had just been a warning for the Throat, why was there also one here, in the meadow? Was it a sign that all of Helovia was to starve, just as they were doomed to bleed with murders? Yet, the gods and the darkness had always been much showier than this.

"I'm not good at reading though," Ampere confessed. "What do you make of the markings and pictures on it?"

@[Destry]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

Ampere and Sikeax were who I had been paired with to patrol the Meadow, my wings tucked at my sides as we left the Throat, my eyes drifting back to the Throat growing fainter on the horizon and the thought that Aurelia was likely there awaiting my return. Oh Aurelia, how I already miss you and the thought of our little family. A stubborn huff escapes my lips as I trudge behind the two mares, focusing on the wingless champagne shoulders of Sikeax. It would have been far more convenient had she wings to fly with, but I suppose I couldn't just fly off without them as I would have done if this weren't a patrol.

Ampere rises to the skies and asks Sikeax to cover the ground, her wings opening to carry her away within the breeze. Guiltily looking towards Sikeax, I offer a sympathetic smile. I didn't want to leave her there on the ground without us, but I wanted to stretch my wings and make up for the time I could've spent flying on the way here. "Sorry," I murmur, hooves jumping forward to light up red sparks erratically jumping through the air as I collect speed, bringing myself into the sky to tag along behind Ampere. I had never really talked to either of them, only given brief and curt nods when I passed by them, as I do most everyone in the Throat. One would probably consider me antisocial or narcissistic for never really bothering to talk to anyone. It's just I'm afraid to introduce myself and be rejected, because how stressful would it be to just say hi to someone and have them immediately decide you're not worth talking to?

Shaking my head I push myself forward, hearing Sikeax's call from below. My body shifts, weight distributed to the left so that I can circle back and see what Sikeax needed. Ampere was already closing in on the ground, with me following as she lands, my hooves colliding with the earth but a handful of strides behind her. My body leans forward as I teeter on my forelegs, putting my right foot forward as my hindlegs pursue. Trotting closer to my gathered herdmates, I perk my ears in interest as they discuss a glass fragment laid out before them. I pull in beside Sikeax, bending my head down to examine it further. "I'm not one for reading myself," I trying to find a meaning behind the glass piece, why was it here? And why had it also been found in the Throat? Who's been leaving these everywhere and why? "There must be some reason for these to appear here and in the Throat. A reason of some importance." I mumble, brows narrowed towards the shimmering object.

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: -
word count: 466

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse