the Rift

[PRIVATE] Once Upon a No

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus hummed as he worked, using the arc of his wing to gently clean a section of stone of the pillar, working slowly and gingerly with the utmost focus. To see something as beautiful as the Rotunda so dirtied and forgotten, broken and abandoned, was almost...painful. Already he had cleaned one pillar of dust, debris and caked dirt, and was working on his second. It was a slow process, every brush of his wing slow and steady, gentle to the stone, and he paused every other stroke to blow away the loose dirt. This task was soothing; he should be working in the mine, gathering the ore for the wall and gates... but there was only so much of the dank air he could handle, of hauling heavy stones in his bags.

This was a sort of...side hobby. He lacked the ability to restore the Rotunda, but the least he could do was clean it up. It's presence relaxed him, a sort of haven away from anything, and anyone, in the Throat. Pausing and taking a step back, he surveyed his work so far. A patch roughly the size of his hoof was spotless, the pale stone showing bright compared to the darker, dirtier stone of the rest of the pillar. "Come sweet one. Let me bring you back to glory days." He hummed, returning to his work. When the arc of that wing started to grow sore, when his joints protested the unnatural movement, he switched to the other wing.

He didn't know how long he worked, but eventually he pulled away once more, the circle of clean pillar larger than before, but only by a small amount, maybe the length of a cheek hair. Hunger and thirst pulled the black away from the pillar, and he walked towards the small pond, dropping his head and gulping down the water. Birdsong filled the air, and he lifted his head, smiling at the trees. A bird trilled out, and Buce raised his head, mimicking the call. There was silence, then the bird called out once more. And once more Buce copied it, and an explosion of chatter erupted from the trees. Shaking his head with a laugh, he turned from the bank, lowering his head to graze on the grass he could find under the snow. Green greeted his muzzle, and despite his every urge he skipped over the growing shoots, settling for the dry grass, letting the new life grow before he ate it.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 471 Tags: @[Ampere]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Are you ready for
The perfect storm

Steps were soft and quiet, gentle and muffled in the underbrush as Ampere crept forward. Her wings rustled with a hush every stride she took, the blue tips brushing over her back and each other, charged with excitement. Her mane sighed as it swept back and forth across her neck; it was slung low to the ground, straight and steady with balance. Her eyes, sharp as light, drove through the shadows of the forest.

She had caught sight of him when he trilled out to the birds, the sound interrupting her own travels and lunch, but it was a welcome distraction. She had come here to spend some time alone to clear her head. This place was peaceful, beautiful, secluded. It seemed like one of the last good places left, tinged perhaps by a finder memory of the last time her and Bucephalus and Serenity had been here. Before murders, before Gaucho as sultan, before betrayals.

Things had still been bad then, Gaucho had still been bonded, she had still abandoned her foal, Tandavi still hated her, and evil things were still growing int he world, but she chose to forget those, as memories often do.
She wanted the smiles while she could have them.

She sought them out now as she stalked Bucephalus. It had been a while since she had practiced her stealth, so he might hear her rust, but it was a skill she had some affinity for, when she wasn't screaming at someone anyway.

Grinning, Ampere crafted a blue static bird from the dead leaf litter and sent it flying towards Bucephalus, making sure it arced around in front of him to keep his focus. From behind she closed the space between them, mimicing his copy of the bird's tune just before lunging forward. She aimed a nip at his rump before she bolted off to the left, a laugh exploding from her chest.

A M P E R E
HALO OF COLD HAIR & _LIGHTNING

schwartz.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Something interrupted his graze. Something blue. Gold eyes lifted, spotting the electric bird. The black raised his head, surprised before he frowned. "Am-ow!" He whinnied and whirled, wings snapped open in a rush of feathers. His eyes focused on his 'attacker', and a wry smirk pulled at his lips. "So rude Ampere. Here i was, innocent little pegasus, grazing away before suddenly mauled by a wild mare. Oh, the tragedy." He lept towards her, wings folding against his back as he sought to return the favor with an answering nip to her withers, long legs carrying him away to her right.

"So what brings you here?" He asked, quickly flying ontop of a giant fallen oak for good measure, hooves slipping a bit on the bark before he found purchase and settled there, wings half-open to keep him balanced as he looked down at the blue-black mare. "And in such a merry mood as well." Buce added, grinning now, ears pricked sharply at the beauty below. "Surely it was not...gasp! I knew it. I'm so irresistible that you just had to follow me!" His tone was dripping with sarcasm, his amusement plain on his face. He was only joking... or was he? That was for him to know and for her to guess for eternity.

He gave up his perch and hopped off the tree, slipping into the Rotunda. "Oh! Come come, look at what i've been up to in what spare time i can get." He poked his head out, gesturing for her to follow with a toss of his muzzle before he vanished again, heading towards the two pillars, one clean and one with a single clean spot. The sight filled him with a faint sort of pride, and he turned to look at Ampere expectantly. "I've been using the arc of my wings. Slowly, very slowly and gently i rub away the decay and grit. Something such as this requires the gentlest of care." He said, gazing up at the stained glass of the Rotunda.

(Ooc: this is set after he develops his facial marking from COTM: http://sta.sh/01nifg7mmbob )
Bucephalus
Word Count: 339 Tags: @[Ampere]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Pixel by Aud

Are you ready for
The perfect storm

He was fast, she realized as his teeth grazed her withers, his legs dancing just as nimble and quick as hers. Trees shot past and between them as they moved, her gaze darting around them to stay with him. Her laugh fell into a wide smile, his own grin flashing in the woods. "I'd hardly call you innocent," she called back, her pace starting to slow now that the chase was over.

As she did Bucephalus hopped up on a tree and she wondered briefly if he intended to show off. "Same as you," she answered him nonchalantly, walking forward towards his perch as she did so, picking up tall weeds as she went to prove her innocence. "Good food," she mumbled around a mouthful. The desert had its perks, but cuisine was not one of them. It was an acquired taste that she had yet to garner.

She was close enough now that she aimed another playful nip at his neck, head shying away directly afterwards. She chose to use that as her only response to her following him, because although she hadn't, she couldn't deny her spirits weren't lifted by him being here.

His energy never let her down, even now. His excitement was like a wave that swept her into it as he raced off after the Rotunda, her legs pulling after him, high and bouncy with a glee she wasn't even sure off, but it didn't matter. It felt nice to get swept away with these good emotions, to frolic and dance like she was a filly again when the world had been smaller and easier to deal with.

She slowed with him, eyes filled up with the Rotunda. As before she was struck by its beauty, but equally its mystery. She couldn't understand its purpose or its construction. She didn't fear it the way she did the island, who's beauty seemed a lure to a trap - maybe because this beauty was hidden, forgotten, old. It had withstood all the ugly of the world and remained, quiet and peaceful and strong. Ampere liked that.

Even so she wasn't quiet as fascinated as Buce was and had to bite her tongue when he explained what he'd been up to. He was a crafter, no doubt, and she was not. She appreciated the thing for what it was, but wouldn't be too bothered if it crumbled away in the weeds. "Do you always take such gentle care of beautiful things, Buce?" she asked softly, her tone somewhat husky as she snaked beside him. The Rotunda cast colored light down upon them and the ground, but she was looking at him.

Every time she was with him she felt, free.

A M P E R E

schwartz.deviantart.com

What was it about this place that made him feel like a little colt, before his life went to hell, before he was forced to grow up too quick, too hard and into a cruel life he could wish upon no soul? Was it the air? The timelessness of the Rotunda? Or was it the wild one beside him? When she nipped at his neck, he replied with another to her mane, a laugh escaping him.

He gazed at his work fondly, with a pride, really. He'd been used to destroy, it was about damn time he could be used to create. Restoring the Rotunda... maybe it was a dream of a child. But it was a dream he one day wanted to see fulfilled. A glance at Ampere did little to dim his spirits, even with the lesser appreciation on her face. She was a warrior at heart, a fighter. He was...a bit of everything. Her words, however, caught him by surprise, and her husky speech shot straight through him like a dart. His gaze locked onto hers, such a bright blue, like the sky before a storm. Oh, this was going to be interesting.

"Only when they need it." He replied softly, unable to resist brushing his wing against hers. "I've found most beautiful things only need gentle care when they are close to breaking." He broke their gaze, his eyes flickering to the pillar. Damn this got solemn quick. In an attempt to lighten the mood, he turned his head and aimed a nip at her wing before dancing away, flicking his tail towards her face.

"So, Ampere, are you a beautiful thing in need of gentle care?" He asked with a laugh, tossing her a boyish wink before darting behind a pillar. Time to be sneaky... He moved silently as he could, ducking into the thick underbrush near the Rotunda, moving into the darkest shadows he could, lying in wait for her to pass.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 345 Tags: 000
CREDITS

Pixel by Aud

Are you ready for
The perfect storm

His touch left a prickle in its absence, as if the fibers in that region were left wanting for more and so stretched out to reach for it, for him. Through her lashes her blue gaze held him, warm and bright like the sea. He did not disappoint her, easily picking up on her motives, and to her glee, reciprocating them. Excitedly her heart fluttered in her chest, anxious for his touch, his attention, his love.

It wasn't that though, not really. Lust was a more suitable word given all their short history, but Ampere didn't often separate the two, or perhaps she just didn't know enough of one to tell it apart from the other. For her love didn't have to be forever, singular, limited. It was enough for her to feel loved by him in the moments shared under these trees, where even the light had a hard time finding them.

Loneliness plagued the blue mare as it did most, but perhaps she was more sensitive to it, having been left too many times before. That's why she usually left first these days.

Before that though, she wanted the feeling.

His question, so simple and unassuming, hit her harder than he could know. Her smile faltered, breaking, before becoming something sad. She glanced away, feigning a shake of her head to reset her mane, nonchalantly preening at a feather or two before returning her attention to him.

Gone.
He was gone.

She simpered, chasing away the shadows of a past, and moved forward to hunt for him. "Something like that," she murmured with a playful croon, pausing to glance around before continuing, slow and careful on her waltz. "Although I don't mind playing rough," she nearly growled out the phrase, storming abruptly towards a patch of bushes right where.... Buce did not hide in.

She frowned, thrusting around the vegetation just to be sure.

A M P E R E

schwartz.deviantart.com

Bucephalus saw when his words hit her, and a puzzled frown crossed his face at the change in demeanor. The fiery warrior, the sky's lover... looked mournful, sorrowful, something Buce couldn't have pictured on the blue's face before. He almost, almost left his hiding place to go to her, but before he could, right when his muscles bunched... she changed, moving to where she thought he was.

A smile curled his lips when she pounced on the empty patch. While she made a ruckus and beat the underbrush looking for him, he slipped into a large oak, laying down on a thick branch. It wasn't comfortable by any means(certain things were starting to get squished), but with enough shifting around(much to the 'things' relief) he could get moderately comfortable and enjoy the show.

But... why not. "Well, beautiful thing, come up here and let me care for you, gentle or not." He called, letting out a whistle to also draw her attention towards his 'hiding place'. He didn't know what to make of the sad Ampere he had glimpsed; was the blue close to breaking under whatever stress she was experiencing? "Although i'm leaning towards gentle." He added softly, not sure or caring if she heard.

He rose to his feet, standing with care and ease on the branch, wings flared slightly from his back, keeping him balanced there. "Or will i have to come down there?" He challenged, lowering his head towards her with a playful grin, a coltish look of mischief on his face. If he was a cat, his tail would have been twitching, for there was something, an idea, in his mind that made him want to cackle. Boys never do grow up.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 287 Tags: 000
CREDITS

Pixel by Aud

Are you ready for
The perfect storm

Her flesh rippled in response to his voice as it cut through the clearing. Unfortunately it did not come from the bushes, so with a final, defeated thwap she turned towards the source. She found him lounging, in all his glory and success, in the branches of a tree. She smirked, amused not for the first time in the similarities they shared with their habits. Some habits, she wasn't one for polishing old ruins or digging up metal. Still, he was fun, and he made sense, unlike some aggravating stallions.

She blew a snort through her nose in mock frustration at her failed attempts at finding him, tail swishing with unspent energy at her rear. Perhaps she could find something, or someone, to spend it on.

"I hardly think you've the room up there, I'd end up poked more than once," she called back, crass and laughing as she reached out with her magic to gently sway the branch beneath him, hopefully upsetting his balance. In a shower of sparks, leaves turned into energy and then left to fizzle out, Ampere dashed off into the woods.

Her turn to hide from him now, except she wasn't trying to hard to hide, not really. It was fun though, the chase; easy to get swept up into. Easily Ampere made it back to the rotunda, figuring the the beautiful place combined with his care and touch, might make the moment last longer, stronger. Whenever she did find love like this, it was so fleeting. She wanted to hold it, keep it, just not forever, not once it became work.

So she waited in the rainbow room, planning on jumping at him with a flurry of feathers and nips and close brushes once he drew around the corner.

A M P E R E

schwartz.deviantart.com

"Isn't the whole point of this for you to be 'poked'?" He teased, leaping down gracefully. Or...that was the plan. He lept just as she moved the branch with her magic, and it was just enough to throw him off balance so that the black did a graceful nosedive with his face buried in dirt. For a moment he froze, as if not believing that had happened before he sprang to his feet and vigorously shook his head, dirt flying.

By the time he got rid of all the offending particles, she is gone, and the forest is still. Bucephalus eyed the forest, a hum rumbling in his throat, eerily close to a cat's purr. "Oh come now Ampere... don't be cruel." He crooned, grinning as he dropped his head, scanning the ground for footprints. No luck...

Irked, but amused, the black lifted his head, lips curled. He began to sing, soft and deep as he prowled around the brush, searching for her. He made his tone as seductive as possible, his voice rising and falling like ripples in a still pool. He was, after all, a creature born and raised in the world of song.

"I see a silhouette, liquid that moves
Coat like a storm in the sea
I cannot resist this, her voice in the wind
But is it my eyes are deceived?
Is it you I see?"

He lept into the pond by the Rotunda, looking around before scowling. Well damn. He walked out of the water, golden eyes looking around for the blue mare, nostrils flared to pick up her scent, but by now it is all over the place. Damn damn triple damn. No matter, he was enjoying the fun, enjoying the solitude, the lack of worries she brought. He didn't have to watch his words, or hold the mask he kept close.

But he was not so stupid as to lower his guard completely.

Word Count: 322 Tags: 000
CREDITS

Pixel by Aud

Are you ready for
The perfect storm

His comment nearly went unheard as she dashed off before he could regain his balance, but it made her laugh all the same. Although perhaps not the most charming of stallions she'd ever met, he had his own, quirks, which pulled on her heartstrings, and elsewhere. She settled her mirth as she stepped into the Rotunda, an ear twisting as his voice called out for her, a smile ghosting over her lips. She hadn't meant to hide so well, although ti served him right, but she was just as eager as he was to get to the end of their game, for that was by far the sweetest part.

Before she called out though, his voice cut through the forest again, melodious and soothing. It surprised her, she hadn't thought this stallion had something so delicate inside of him. It reminded her of her homeland, where song was much more important than it was here (though not as much as his), and for a wild moment she wondered if he came from there too. They had enough striking similarities...

She shook off the thought as her own voice rose to give him a background melody to his words, her whistles lilting as they quivered past her nose and beneath her lips. She was calling to him too, but had to burst out in laughter when he unsuccessfully tackled the pond.

"Stop playing with the water and come play with me," she called invitingly, her wings dropping at her sides in relaxation.

[Mebe just fade to black in next post and wrap this thread up??]

A M P E R E

schwartz.deviantart.com

He hears her singing first, her whistles rising and falling with his song. Bucephalus pauses in the lake, drinking in the melody that was a balm to his soul. She did not know, nor would she ever know, how much a simple song meant to him. What it did to him, what it made him feel. He wanted to throw up his heels and dance as much as he wanted to cry and scream and raze the ground in fury.

Such a sweet, beautiful confliction.

The tempest swirls and boils within him, energy clawing at his insides, screaming at him to move, to do something. But he is content to wait until she is done... and her laugh breaks the spell, bringing a grin to his dark lips. Playfulness turned to something else, and he turned his body to face the Rotunda, feeling cold water lap at his knees.

His head turns, ears pricked as he picks up where the melody came from at the same time as her words ring out into the air. "I wonder why the lovely songbird calls to me so sweetly. Is she jealous, wanting?" He called, trotting out of the pond and towards the Rotunda, turning the corner to see Ampere waiting for him, her wings drooped in relaxation. Oh, he had plans to change that. Relaxation could wait until later, when all was said and done.

Nostrils flared, Bucephalus slipped into the rainbow light of the Rotunda, eager to enter a dance as old as time itself, and oh so familiar to him.

OOC: Aaaand end~)
Word Count: 260 Tags: 000
CREDITS

Pixel by Aud