the Rift

[PRIVATE] Spread your wings and.. Flop?

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Please help me take this all away, And bleed like me

Finally the snow was starting to melt, and the day had slowly started to warm. The bright rays warmed his golden and teal hide. His young body was slowly filling out. His muscles were thickening and growing. He was going to be quite the looker when he finally grew into himself completely. His feathery teal and silver wings were growing larger every day. Now they were large enough to safely carry him into the sky. His smile was small and laced with the sadness he felt inside. He would learn to fly alone, just like he had learned just about everything else. Yes his mother was around, but he didn't want her around that much really. He did not want anyone around really. The only people he had met that the colt would like to be around were older than himself. Why would older equines want to hang out with him? Sighing heavily as he gazed around the muddy clearing.

It would be hard to get a good footing here so he could get up, but he didn't really have a choice. This meadow was the only clearing he knew about. Silver oculars scanned the area as he moved slowly towards the middle of the clearing. The colt half hoped he would try this all alone, that nobody would come to help him. Deep in his lonely heart he prayed someone would instruct him.

Closing his silver orbs the youth gathered his strength and nerves for that matter. Did all young Pegasus feel this way, or was he being a chicken? Would he even be able to get up, or would be be a grounded eagle? Taking a steadying breath her reared pumping himself up, eyes flying open. Throwing his slender body forward into a canter he huffed before spreading his wings. it was going well, for a minute. Then his front hooves slipped in the mud. With a startle whinny the young colt just had time to pull his wings in tight before he fell. Golden and teal frame smashed into the ground with a squelching sound. Breath huffed from his nose as it was forced from his lunges. Mud splattered everywhere. After Ilios caught his breath, he struggling to his hooves shaking slightly. His golden coat and silvery teal wings were covered in a cold layer of mud. "Maybe this is pointless..." His voice was coated in disappointment.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Nasreen] @[Kaj] @[Cera] You can pick which you want to use <3
Words;; 400
Notes;; He looks a lot like This
This
is what he sounds like, only not quite so deep lol

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
It’s a perfect day for flying, and Nasreen does not let the opportunity go unnoticed. Not only has she missed the world above, but her wings had grown heavy with disuse during Frostfall, and she is determined to build up their strength once more. The sky, for its part, seems happy to have her back. A light breeze creeps beneath her wings, buoying her up into the lowest reaches of the thin spring clouds, and she laughs aloud, flapping higher. Poor groundlings! They don’t know what they are missing in the world up here.

Subconsciously, she finds herself heading in the direction of Thistle Meadow. Ever since her encounter with Bucephalus here, she’s begun to frequent the place to practice her flying. Thinking of the display he put on, the princess tries to copy him from memory. Her corkscrews are not nearly as tight and rapid as his (and she doesn’t dare try flying upside-down on her own!), but she is pleased with her new tricks, and her broad smile says as much. Frowning in concentration, she climbs back into the sky to try again.

However, this time when she begins her descent, she sees a small figure below. The sun peeks through a cloud behind her, as if it is also curious, and her gray eyes catch the glint of something shining in the light. Curious, she drifts downward…just in time to recognize Ilios as he jumps into a mud puddle. Nasreen laughs in merriment and flaps down to join him. She is happy to see a familiar face, especially one that reminds her so much of her lost little brother’s. “Ilios!” the girl calls, smiling brightly. “That looks fun—mind if I join you?” And without further ado, the maiden stomps into the mud beside him, the earthy slush coating her white legs and underbelly. After all, it’s a good puddle for a romp, and a good puddle is always much more fun with good company.

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
StormBringer

Spring had arrived in a slow flourish, thawing the ice of their surroundings and brightening hope into the previous shadows of his flock's faces. Winter was a harsh time for many of them, and though Kaj had been born on a tundra with snow present nearly all year round, Helovia's warm seasons had made him just as uncomfortable to return to such cold temperatures. Though mud liked to suck and cling to his lightly feathered legs, Kaj could forgive such transgressions of the earth if it meant he did not worry over the health of his family. There were no tasks to be done, nothing to forge or break in the world. It seemed everyone was merely reveling in the slow warmth budding on their skin, and peace had temporarily overtaken worry. Though he'd had no reason to be in the meadow, he'd learned from Cheveyo that it was good to escape the stress and work of his herdland, to take time for himself. From the sidelines, the king had watched with a quietly amused smile upon his face as young Ilios fought in solitude against gravity. Memories of his own failures at flight warmed him from the inside, and as he heard the muttered defeat in the young colt's voice, he stepped forward to be seen, mud squelching and signalling his appearance.

"It is not pointless, little one. Flight is difficult to achieve." Deep vocals thrummed out like a thunderous growl, but soft with care and affection. Let it never be said that Kaj was not pathetically fond over younglings. Large wings slowly lifted, flaring and illuminating every feather and filament. "How do you think someone as big as myself can achieve flight?" Humor laced his tone, eyes warm with amusement as his wings dropped to clasp round his sides once more. Spring had lifted the shadows of hunger from his ribs at last, and he was fit and glowing once more.

"This is a terrible place to first learn, and alone? You are very brave, Ilios," Kaj murmured. Turning to Nasreen he gave his brother's younger sibling a fond smile, looking between the two before coming to a decision. "Perhaps we can move somewhere more fitting? And then we can play in the mud as a reward for Ilios learning how to fly. May I teach you, little one? It would be my honor." Flight lessons were more appropriately done by the father of the foal, but as it was well known that Parelia had left with Ilios alone, Kaj felt as if it would be kinder to keep the colt from further self-harm. An adequate teacher was better than learning incorrectly in solitude.

venomxbaby @ DA :: Blusl @ DA

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Please help me take this all away
And bleed like me

As he spread is silver laced teal wings the colt hears a voice drifting down to him. To his dismay another as stumbled upon him in this wretched state. As silver lanterns fell upon the beautiful chestnut and white mare he realized who she was. A small shy smile rose to his lips. if she knew anything about people that tried to hide their true emotions the mare would know the colt was unhappy. His eyes were dull almost lifeless, no matter how fake his happiness, he had yet to master the mask his mother wore so well. Either way he smiles up at the mare. Before he can speak however another strides into sight. Horned head dips low as his golden king moves towards him. As his kind thunderous voice rings out Ilios looks back up meeting his icy blue eyes. Eager to hear it was ok to fail at this task, his body visible relaxes.

Massive wings flare out shinning in all their glory causing the young male tries to copy him. The mud coating his wings doesn't help at all though. He waits silently as the king speaks again. His words make his body draw up with pride. He was brave? But did the large stallion know he had come here, because he was to ashamed to ask for help? What would Kaj say if he knew that tidbit of information? Finally the smile reaches his silver eyes and his handsome head dips again. His voice is deep, but it still holds a squeak showing his age. "I would be honored if you, both," a smile flashes towards the now muddy mare. "would teach me how to fly." Unsure what else to say the colt steps away from everyone and carefully flaps his wings, freeing them of as much mud as possible. Some deep ingrained instinct told him the mud would not help him achieve flight.

"I would have found somewhere less muddy, but this is the only open field I know about, mother liked to keep me close when it was cold." Lips upturned even more as he gazes between the two mare and stallion. It was true Parelia had wanted him to be at home where he would be safe while the temperatures had been so fridge. Now that it was warm and he was not, in his eyes, a foal anymore Ilios wanted to explore the world. He longed to find himself within the wild world of Helovia. The poor fatherless colt wanted nothing more than to feel at home somewhere in the world.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Nasreen] Kind of rambling sorry lol
Words;; 430
Notes;; He looks a lot like This
is what he sounds like, only not quite so deep I changed his voice lol

[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
Of course, it is just after Nasreen has stomped into the muck that their king decides to make an appearance. A small squeak of horror escapes the girl’s lips, for she realizes that it demonstrates very poor manners indeed to be coated with mud in the presence of the Edge sovereign—and playing in the puddle? She had been scolded severely for transgressions much less offensive in Th’orqui. Blushing, the young Seer bows her head, too embarrassed to say anything.

Thankfully however, Kaj’s attention is on Ilios. A gentle laugh rumbles from his barrel of a chest as he assures the colt that flight is difficult. Huh. So he hadn’t been playing in the puddle, after all—he’d been trying to teach himself how to fly! How silly she was, and how foolish she must appear. The maiden shakes her head slightly, scolding herself for her failure to realize the truth of this situation. Abashed, she sneaks a peek at Kaj, expecting to find disapproval written across his face…but instead is met with a warm smile. It is the kind of smile that Quil used to give her—that is, when they were still on speaking terms. Nasreen feels a dull ache in her gut at the thought of her oldest brother, and though the smile that she returns is bright with relief, it is also tinged with sadness.

“Perhaps we can move somewhere more fitting?” Kaj suggests, providing a welcome distraction. “And then we can play in the mud,” he adds, and Nasreen thinks that she spots a merry twinkle in his eyes. This king is full of surprises! But then again, she reckons, Kaj is a young ruler—much younger than her father by several years. In fact, he’s just about Quil’s age. This is what Quil was born for, what his destiny should have been back in Th’orqui, she muses as she nods her consent and awaits Ilios’ response. How different things would be, could they have found their lost homeland.

It is no surprise that Ilios agrees to Kaj’s idea, and the girl giggles softly as his young wings flare out in imitation of Kaj’s massive set. Playfully, she spreads her own feathers, letting the slight Birdsong breeze tickle them as it passes by. But there is nothing playful about Ilios’ tone when he turns to both older pegasi and solemnly asks both of them to teach him how to fly. Nasreen shuts her wings abruptly, casting a sidelong glance at Kaj. He had already offered to teach the colt how to fly, and she was sure he had loads of experience where she had none. She doesn’t dare intrude on his promise of a lesson. Still, she is moved that he would ask her for help. “I’m sure Kaj knows much more than I about flight,” she tells him with a gentle smile, “But I’d love to watch. And should you ever need help or advice, you can always come to me.”

OOC: So sorry for the wait! The next one will be faster :)

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link

StormBringer

Crowns dip and bow before him, a gesture of respect as he strides to meet them, envelope himself in the air of innocence they give off. A nod of acknowledgment to their displays are given, but he is far more intrigued by the stubborn youth and the playful Seer. Such political dances were not a necessity, not among family. Even outside the herd lands, they were held to his bosom through love and loyalty, and though he appreciated their respect he wanted only to be a carefree friend to them for one day.

Laughter tinted his maw in effervescent aural colors, unseen but audible in the deep ring of his chuckles. The child's wings stretched, still young and growing, and to his side the young seer's smile was soft and saddened by a burden Kaj could not know, could not heal. They all seem to be broken in some manner, yet they reserve those secrets to the dark corners of their minds and hearts. Would there ever come a time where Kaj could lift their spirits far enough to make them forget whatever travesties they held in the shadows of their pasts? The young boy was not nearly of proper age to have such sorrow etched into the runes of his eyes, and even his seer was far too little and sweet for such apparent despair.

Nasreen follows their lead, until all pairs are spread and inviting to the spring winds that shuffle all feathers lovingly. From the beautiful mare's lips falls a humble declaration that removes her from the position of teaching, and Kaj tutted softly and turned his full attention upon her with a handsome smile. "Nonsense, my dear. The more teachers the better." He would not allow her to merely watch, for she was a flighted figure as well. And with a slighter build than he, she would likely have different tips for the lithe boy in their midst.

Turning, he quietly started to lead them towards the harder packed earth north of their position, humming softly to himself before turning and facing the two of his flock. "Flight is all about air currents, Ilios. You need to gain adequate speed, as a new flyer, to achieve the proper liftoff for the currents to grab you. This hill will be your aide, to thrust you higher into the air." A hard thump of his forehoof upon the earth, and he smiled.

"The lower you are, and the less of a lift the current gives you, the harder you will need to flap your wings. You won't be able to lift straight from the earth until after you've built muscles into your shoulders and wing bases." Here, Kaj took a deep breath, and thrust his wings hard. He battled the weight of his own form, the gravitational pull of the earth, and with each hard thrust the buffets of wind lifted him higher until he hovered before them. Dropping easily, a light sheen of sweat coated his neck but his eyes were glowing with happiness. "Now, jumping off even a mild incline shall be a little frightful. Fear not, you shall land on your hooves so long as you prepare yourself for the landing." Gesturing to his side, Kaj awaited anything Nasreen had to share or build upon, before stepping back and awaiting whatever Ilios chose to do next.

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
The painted mare feels herself swell with pleasure as the king of the Edge brushes her misgivings aside and invites her to join him in the flight lesson. It is a feeling that she has only ever experienced here in Helovia, that of budding responsibility, of importance…and she likes it. She offers Kaj her best attempt at a demure nod, but there is an extra bounce in her step as she trots after him to higher ground.

Nasreen listens attentively to Kaj as he explains the basic principles of flight to Ilios. From time to time, she glances at the boy with a fond smile, recalling the excitement of her first flight. Oh, how clumsy she had been! She’d taken more spills than thrills on that first day, but in time, she had learned. Ishtar had been more careful than her twin, but Nasreen had flown first…before promptly crashing into a branch and tumbling the few feet back to earth. With a sudden bittersweet feeling, the princess remembers her sister’s advice to her that day, and she resolves to share it with Ilios after Kaj has finished. After all, it is what she would have told Eirik.

She cannot help but watch in admiration as Kaj pauses to demonstrate, muscles rippling beneath a light sheen of sweat as he hovers above them by using several powerful downstrokes. At first, she is merely observing the technique, but she catches her eyes lingering on the stallion’s frame even after he is safely on the ground. Startled (and a bit shocked at herself) for the audacity, she quickly turns to Ilios, choosing to ignore…well, whatever that was. “Kaj is right,” she tells him gently, looking into eyes as silvery-gray as her sister’s and as wide as her brother’s. “I cannot offer much more than that, only…look where you want to go,” she finishes with a chuckle. “Don’t look down if you can help it—I learned that the hard way.”

@[Ilios]

Image Link

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost

Silver eyes gazed between the two switching back and forth, the pain slowly slipping from his eyes. It was nice to just relax and be on friendly terms with others. He had no reason to prove himself to these to; no feeling that he would be discarded. He smiled warmly up at them, man he could not wait to be tall and grown. Maybe when he was an adult he would no longer feel the need to prove himself to a father that picked others over him. Sighing lightly ears pricked to catch Nasreen's words. Shaking his head softly the colt smiled again warmer, "I think it would be great to have two teachers instead of one. You can never have to much knowledge. I appreciate the offer, and should I ever need help I'll take you up on it, thank you." His voice was low and kind.

Kaj's laughter drew a chuckle from his own soft muzzle. Laughing was such an interesting and contagious thing. Nodding warmly in agreement he smiled happily towards the chestnut and white girl. He trotted smoothly beside the pretty girl as they followed their king up a hill. Ears pricked excitedly as he caught and memorized every word the golden man had to offer. He needed to take it all to heart or he may be land bound forever. Trembling with pure joy the boy copied the blue eyed stud, stomping his own fore-hoof. Silver eyes widened as he watched the massive man throw out his wings and lift off the ground. 'One day I'll be that strong too.' Determination filled him like steam from boiling water.

Did the King really thing jumping would scare him? Snorting he turned to listen tot he seer taking in her advice as well. Taking a deep breath the boy turned to look over the hill. Spreading his wings he waited for the air to ruffle his feathers. Heart pounding like a war drum he leaped thrusting his wings powerfully to catch the air. It felt for a moment that he would simply fall, then the winds caught him. Unsure how to steer himself he looked up pounding at the air with hooves and wings alike. He was running on air climbing higher. Thinking better of it he angled his growing body back towards the ground carefully legs slightly bent to catch the earth. With a loud bone rattling thump hooves met solid ground. Running to keep his balance he turned beaming to his teachers. Throwing horned head skyward he let out a whinny of triumph. He could do it! Flight was just another thing he had conquer, with help of course.

Speech
Tag;; @[Narseen] @[Kaj]
Words;; 444
Notes;; Voice

Tag me

StormBringer

The eyes on him do not inspire nervousness, rather they make him bold and surer than he was before. Nasreen's open appreciation of his frame was misunderstood for the practicalities of flight, and he turned and smiled at her winsomely as his wings dropped, knees bending to absorb the shock of reconnecting with the earth. She was everything of Quilyan that he appreciated, and at times it hurt to gaze upon her beautiful caricature, as it made him ever more aware of the fact that his brother was lost to him. Disappeared once more. Kaj made a mental note to pull Nasreen aside later, to ensure she was okay. He felt like a failure for not thinking to do so sooner, too involved in his own jobs, his own grief over losing one of the few people he could shamelessly confess to. But that would have to be later, as Ilios needed their full attention.

He was eager, perhaps overly bold and reckless with how he wordlessly declared his stance on Kaj's warning with a harsh snort. Kaj leveled a stare at the boy, mildly patronizing, and far too paternal for his own good. The boy's father may not be present, but that did not give the king the right to step in, no matter how his heart yearned for the possibility. "Do not be so flippant about the matter, Ilios." It was stern, but not in a severe, uncaring way. Fear was a normal, healthy emotion. Young foals often thought themselves invincible, and Kaj would not see Ilios breaking his legs because of his foolhardy desire to be fearless.

Nasreen chimed in softly, and Kaj turned his mighty head to smile upon her words, knowing well why she was warning Ilios against looking down. It was a sensation that disappeared with time, but looking down at such a low altitude was disturbing even for Kaj. It was far easier when he was higher in the skies, and why patrols were such a simple process for most pegasi. Not that there weren't disadvantages, but Ilios would not have to learn those for quite some time, when he was old enough to be assigned to a mentor and he would experience the tasks firsthand.

Together with Nasreen, Kaj watched as Ilios prepared himself, exploding off the hillside and catching the wind with ease. Kaj could not help but to beam proudly, though he knew it was a dangerous emotion to partake in. He was magnificent, no matter how awkward and fumbling his movements, and Kaj wanted to bellow out like he would have in his homeland. A cry that shook the mountains, that all the elders participated in, when such a passage was completed. He felt odd and empty without it, but his grin could not falter. Ilios landed and whinnied to the skies, and Kaj answered with his own call, forelegs lifting off the ground and wings flaring wide. He cast himself up and out, wings catching and rippling as he coasted easily down to the young flyer, grin as bright as the sun.

"Magnificent!" he cried as he landed gracefully, jogging up to Ilios and reaching a wing to nudge at him in delight, unable to contain his excitement. "You did very well, Ilios," he assured, a little more contained despite the light that flickered in his eyes. It was not an experience he would soon forget, teaching the colt to fly. Perhaps someday he could do the same for his own foal. Ilios had given him a great gift.

@[Nasreen]

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
She cannot help but whinny in excitement as Ilios leaps, falters for a moment, and then catches himself on wings spread wide. Her heart seems as if it will burst with pride, and she watches joyfully (albeit a little nervously) as the boy finds his flight for the first time. And then, as first flights almost always are, it is over in seconds. Nasreen sighs in quiet relief as he lands safely on the ground, grinning hugely at him as he celebrates. Beside her, Kaj rears up, the wind from his flared wings tossing the strands of her copper mane here and there, and she laughs to see how happy he is too—it really is a defining moment in a pegasus’ life, she thinks. Once one can take to the skies…well, there really isn’t anything better she can imagine.

As Kaj rushes forward to celebrate, the girl follows—but at the same steady trot as before, for her landings are still a bit clumsy at times, and she figures that she has already embarrassed herself in front of her king enough for one day. “You did it!” she squeals, when she reaches Ilios, red wings revealing their white undersides as she moves forward to embrace him if he will allow it. “You flew!” A happy giggle bubbles up from her throat, and though moments before, she had sworn off childish behavior, Nasreen can’t help but twirl and wheel in her giddiness. “That was much better than my first time—I didn’t want to tell you before you tried it, but I flew into a tree my first day,” she explains, still snorting in laughter. “You did do very well, Ilios,” she continues, echoing Kaj. And then, with unexpected tenderness, the words slip from her mouth: “I’m proud of you.”

@[Ilios]

Image Link