the Rift

That sweet satanic kiss -

Wezen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

W e z e n

Hooves tip toed across stone. It was a climb that was for certain, this travel was not for the weak; mentally or physically. The mountains though were home to this creature, the stone and rugged terrain was normality and comforting. Yet to another this would be tedious work ascending these cliffs, ledges and such. The temperatures were average for Spring weather but an usual humidity was about the atmosphere, possibly a storm would bless the lands on this day. Bewitching blue eyes studied the land so that she may carefully ascend these grand structures, mane and tail were tussled wildly by the wind and with little muscles bulging the mare had almost reached her destination. Front hooves reached the ledge of her destination, while well toned muscles carried the feminine framework to the peaks.

The wind rushed passed her body, it was refreshing and breath taking literally as the mare stood to full height taking in the surroundings. The sights on this level of the Earth were incredible, even as a truly darkened soul Wezen was still one to enjoy life. Wezen used to be one to live and thrive, to live life to the absolute fullest. How well this motto changed when she sort of killed the only one she truly, madly, deeply loved. Thoughts were horribly interrupted by a droplet that landed upon her skull, rolling down her pure white skin and trickling to his muzzle.

Clouds had begun to rise, the skies turning into darkness and the sun being banished ever so quickly. Thunder began to roll through the skies, erupting it's grand scream. It would seem as though it could shake the Earth, and all that crossed her face were devilish features. Storms were truly incredible, the lightning that bolted across the clouds illuminated the lands. Wezen could not be more at ease or delighted.

*Picture Wezen: http://i-mes.deviantart.com/#/d5b6g4c
* She doesn't have a manip, yet.

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shade when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your window. So that's why I'm scared when you say you love me.

Ricochet the Incendiary Posts: 133
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hands :: 5 years Buff: BULK
Blu

The buttermilk boy slipped from the herd land near midday. Affairs between Paladin and Soleil had not yet been sorted amongst, but with a seeming delay in her arrival Ricochet took that as an opportunity to live there whilst he could.

Mostly he just needed to get away from all the mixed bodies polluting his vicinity.

Side by side the duo streaked across the plains, each testing the other's speed and endurance. Guns as always shot ahead like a monochromatic bullet, but eventually the long legs of Ricochet caught up to the collie and overwhelmed him. They laughed and they slowed to a walk, the dog barking his excitement at his feet as the pair played like youngsters.

Let the dog enjoy these moments, he wouldn't like where Ricochet was headed.
Upon his arrival that stranger had swept in an nearly trampled the border collie. Ricochet had not forgiven that and still intended to bring justice to that marauder. That and he was just itching for a fight - Soleil didn't seem to be an ideal target now that she'd sustained those burns.
He'd have to wait.
He hated waiting.

Thunder bellowed overhead and the dog startled a little, slinking closer to Ricochet as they moved into the forest of the Threshold, the last place they'd met the stranger. If all went poorly at least Ricochet could look for new blood. Equine blood. Maybe just maybe, he'd even find an ally in these woods?

His grin glittered through the trees.

The mare was soon spotted by the dog, a soft 'ruff' directing Ricochet's attention to her. He nodded in turn to Guns and then strode forward just as another peal of thunder tore the skies. The dog jumped against Ricochet's legs, earning a slap of his tail. "Don't be such a filly gun-dog, forest'll give us protection," he chided as they drew upon the pale lady. Her mane and tail were of a most unusual color, and around her neck was a strange device and on her back leg an even stranger one. Ricochet took the time to openly stare as such oddities before remembering his manners with a clear of his throat. "Ahem. Pardon me for staring, I've just never seen the likes of such devices, much less on such a pretty mare as yourself," he smiled apologetically to her. It was a lopsided, boyish thing on his face, and in a way it matched the tousled style of mane he wore.

"The name's Ricochet, Ricochet the Incendiary and this here pup is Guns. Welcome to Helovia missus."

Unregistered

W e z e n

Memories tugged at her mind, an angry, hurt voice calling out, the sensation of having no breath in the lungs - and no ability to draw one, a constricting on the throat, something blocking the windpipe. Lost, murderer.. Pure blue eyes striated with white-grey, eyes of a leopard, circled by dark lines, What resulted more permeability. Wezen’s gaze narrowed a fraction, and slowly the mare drew in a deep breath just to assure herself that she still could.. Words washed over her ears as her attention suddenly turned, to the other - less peculiar in color stallion who had approached her. Eyes almost equal to hers, his fur immersed in dunskin. Wezen must conceded, she loved the simplicity of this creature.

"depends how you see it. You can see it as a gift, a never ending blessing of dazzling beauty" She smiled slightly while she repeated her sentence“Or you can see it as a curse, doomed for eternity, never-ending outcomes from cruel humanity ” She looked up and inhaled deeply, as if she dragged her thoughts from the sky. "But that really isn't your concern, so I feel quiet happy that you see the beauty of it, don't judge the book by its cover right?" She raised the angles of her mouth for a few seconds before she turned her form completely so that she stood there, right before him. Her gaze was anything but unfriendly. On the contrary, she looked at him with a familiar look, kind of a happy look despite the circumstances. Wezen had lived too long in pain & sorrow and tried to hide this by playing games, talking in riddles, … "Wezen, nice to meet you, and you too little pup" She reached her nose a little as she watched the little creature. But again it din't took long before she established her eyes back on Ricochet with a little smile that seemed to say forgive me, for the strange way of being me.. Not knowing what else to say.

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shade when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes you close your window. So that's why I'm scared when you say you love me.

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

The black dun knew that in order for his triumvirate to work that he would need to find an honorable and noble pegasus to take the position. Also, he was the lead now. One of his duties was to provide invitations to the Foothills. With those goals in mind, he had taken to scouting the Threshold, forcing himself to not take on any duties with the warriors until he was fully healed. Or... at least healed enough to fight without limitations.

As he strode boldly through the trees, his eyes spied a familiar pelt - buckskin with a destroyed face. The child. He narrowed his crimson eyes, wanting to spy on the two as they spoke, but he would have to be chivalrous. Paladin knew that politics were a dangerous game, and obviously Ricochet held some weight among the equines of the Foothills. The black dun grinned to himself. However, he could use the opportunity to crush the little boy's ego in a subtle way.

The stallion schooled his features and walked proudly up to the two, nodding to Ricochet with a suspicious flash in his crimson eyes. Paladin was taken aback by the mare's beauty. Her mane and tail held the entire color palette of a rainbow after a rainstorm. She held wisdom regarding her appearance. Physical features could be both glorious and a curse.

"Greetins, Wezen," he spoke in his deep, thundering voice, giving a small bow with his hairless neck. The evidence of his previous battle was obvious. A line of flesh from his shoulder to his eye was hairless, and his once thick mane was now just a line of white on his neck. "My name is Paladin the Valiant, and I am the leader of the Foothills." With noble chivalry, the black dun bowed his head to her, his actions typical for Paladin.

Deceased
Blu

She offers very little in explanation for the contraptions, which is not what Ricochet had been hoping for, but he does not press her further on the matter. They do not interest him enough to run the risk of upsetting her, as he is quite sure it would, based on her ending comment. Curiosity had never driven the stallion, only a competitive urge and childhood need to prove himself. Knowing more of a mare unwilling to give it would only lead to an unsuccessful gather and he did not need to tack another failure onto his list so soon.

A gift or a curse. He wondered how she truly felt of them.
She spoke of humanity. Such things his father had known of. He'd once worn odd things too, so Ricochet had been told. Perhaps that had some relation to books and their covers? Ricochet truly had no earthly fathom of such things, but nodded all the same to appease her.

A soft rumble in Gun's chest alerted Ricochet to the approach of the Valiant. The dunskin's head turned, scars revealed for a moment to the lady, scars he'd been artfully hiding from view with a genial tilt of his head towards the left. Teal met red for a moment; ears slanted back for just a flash - uncertain. Ricochet did not know where he stood with this lead, this unicorn. He had not made a friend to be sure, but the dun sincerely hoped he had not made yet another enemy, at least not so quickly. The favor of Paladin was not an honest concern for Ricochet, but it would make his life a whole lot easier. Damn Smoke his mind hissed once more. It would have at least been worth it if she'd let him.

The Incendiary's gaze inexorably was drawn to the stallion's naked neck. He had not much glanced at the creature since the meeting and the healing, but his flesh crawled at the sight of the burn mark. His own scarring throbbed against his face, his jawline twitching as though the fires still graced it.
He glanced away quickly.

Thankfully Wezen was here to draw his attention. Her voice beckoned him to do just that and so he glanced back to her, head bobbing casually in response to her well-mannered greeting. Guns' tongue lolled happily, the dog slouched in the dirt near the dun boy. His ears and nose remained alert on the woods, but for now the Collie was at ease, accustomed to the approaching storm.

Ricochet was glancing down affectionately at the pup when the other voice slithered in. I am leader of the Foothills. Ricochet grunted to himself, face souring as he turned it away to hide the look from at least Paladin. The unwanted mongrel had arrived to boast then; come to steal Ricochet's thunder when the sky had plenty to offer. Surely the black dun had more charm than he, but Ricochet would not submit so easily to his superior.

"You've healed nicely so far Valiant. Quite a battle you had with the previous lead, although you came out worse for the wear. Hopefully your hair will grow in before the snow comes." Ricochet was pleasant as he spoke, his features all an image of concern as he held Paladin's red gaze. Yet there was an underlying current of apathy, perhaps not heard but at least caught int he corners of his patient, steady eyes. Paladin wanted to play games? Ricochet might flip the board over eventually, but for now he'd roll the die like a nice little boy.

"Speaking of snow," here he pointedly turned back to the mare, his rogue grin returning. "I wouldn't encourage you to test the wilds of Helovia with such a season approaching Wezen. There are three herd lands here which could offer you safety. Do you intend to linger long enough to make use of them, or are you simply making your way beyond?"

Unregistered

W e z e n

The pebbles clattered softly beneath her hooves as she picked her way daintily off the edge into the water, ears set at a wary angle as she lowered her head to stick her nose into the stream. Slowly sucking up the refreshing source of life . At that very same moment Wezen’s ears perceived some noises, probably hoofsteps she presumed. Her ears pricked an her nostrils flared, She scanned the horizon for any sign of another creature. It was a stallion who was approaching. Wezen froze a bit, her muscles tensing beneath her featherwhite hide. She turned her head slightly, wide eyes almost panicked looking as she flicked them along the length of the stream and back to the approaching stallion. His dark painted coat was damaged , only a few hairs survived whatever happened to him. Wezen couldn’t help but stare at him in an unattached way of vision. "Well hello.. Paladin" she mumbled “I was considering to introduce myself by the name Wezen, but it looks like you couldn’t help yourself but overhear us” A little smirk approached as she spoke. “ Unless you are highly gifted.” She looked at him, slightly with a smile. But her attention turned as she heard Ricochet’s voice. So they knew each other, that was certain. Wezen just listened to them, wondering where the hell they were talking about. –a fight?, What fight?, Why?- Many questions filled her head up, but not a single thought left her mouth. Only when she noticed that Ricochet was talking to her instead of Paladin, she opened her mouth again. “Well, I ‘ve heared about it, but I really have no idea what I want.. I guess a herd is for the best, but as you can see I have serious trusting-issues” . She softly sighted. "But please, continue about the different herds".

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

Ricochet's words made the stallion laugh, a deep rumble vibrating from his chest. "I was born into scars. This is just another with another tale," he said with warrior's violent glint in his eyes. And what he said was true. From the moment he left the womb, he had been thrust into violence and murder, trained in the brutal art of killing and war. "Though I have never had to fight against a dragon before, and the pain I cause is often not... physical in appearance." A dark, cruel though entered his mind - a vision of Ricochet writhing while his blood boiled beneath his skin. Then it passed.

The mare said that he had overheard, and the stallion pricked forward ebony ears. "I tend to listen before interrupting," he replied analytically, thinking that he would be foolish to stumble into a trap without first taking all of the details before him into consideration. Ricochet warned her about the approach of Frostfall and mentioning the other herd lands, and Paladin nodded.

"The Edge does not welcome those who are not unicorns. My daughter lives in the Throat however, and they accept all. It is a desert, I hear, though I have not seen the territory myself," he replied, watching her carefully. The Valiant could not quite pinpoint her intentions or personality. She was a mystery that was taking longer than usual to unravel. "Ricochet is right. Frostfall is approaching, and being on your own will be difficult."

"The Foothills is open to you. If you wish to join our ranks, Ricochet is able to lead you back or point you in the direction. For now, I must leave." The Valiant bowed his head respectfully to the mare and then backed away a few steps. "Good day, Wezen." He gave a terse nod to the dun child before trotting back in the direction of his lands.

Deceased
Blu

Ears tilted back in displeasure as the ringing sound of laughter broke from the black dun. Ricochet cast him a sidelong scowl before directing his gaze elsewhere, least he forget his patience and engage the haughty unicorn here and now. Did Paladin think he was the only one born into scars? Ricochet snorted, unimpressed.

He took at least some small satisfaction in that Paladin looked utterly ridiculous without a mane.

"You are free to leave the herd at any time if you wish," Ricochet murmured in-between Paladin's explanation oft he herds. Wezen's trust issues were not uncommon, but he hoped she would realize that she would only truly benefit from joining them. "Just be sure to let someone know if you leave, so we don't waste stallion hours trying to rescue you." Here Ricochet grinned good-naturedly, but he cast the Valiant a steel glower. Like Soleil's abandonment his mind hissed to the ignorant unicorn.

In time Paladin took his leave which Ricochet was only thankful for, although it was annoying that the twig-head thought he could sweep in and out at his pleasure, taxing Ricochet with the hoof-holding venture of leading her back. He already had other plans today by Nieque! Although he supposed he'd much rather be the one walking her anywhere than the horned monster.

"Where do you come from Wezen?" Ricochet asked conversationally, hoping to gain some more insight on her.