the Rift

[OPEN] !! Take Me to Church

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She was not meant for this. She had to get away. She was useless anyways, they wouldn't even notice that she was gone. But space... that was something she horribly lacked inside the borders of the Edge. Would anyone care? Would anyone care if she tried to take her own life? What good was she for them anyway? She couldn't heal. She was too afraid to spy, too weak to fight, too boring to craft.

She was useless. So, with her sorrow radiating, she dove deeper and deeper into the forest. She went deeper and deeper into her fears. But it was okay, though, because she didn't get much sleep anyways. This wouldn't change anything, really. If anything, it would just allow her a way out of all of the pain she was already dealing with.

So Valiance took to the sky, searching the land above for anything that might resemble danger. And, when it was seen he would carefully prod her in a different direction. All-in-all, he worked with her to keep her safe without her really knowing it. He knew he needed to take that job on, after all, he didn't know where Quil was. It seemed that almost no one did, and that had to be part of the pain that she was dealing with. She just wanted him back. No, she needed him back. It wasn't fair, and it was breaking her slowly. So much more slowly than the knowledge that she couldn't help anyone anymore.

She was ruined. Could she ever actually help?

Please keep this thread to a max of 3 people joining (4 total) and only join if you're going to continually respond. My last open thread died before the second round, so yea... Thanks!
Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

Nasreen doesn’t like the Deep Forest, of that much she is sure. The pines here are dense, and the way they crowd together blocks the sky in a manner that makes the girl feel unpleasantly claustrophobic. Still, she presses on. She’s a mare on a mission: Birdsong has softened the snow and chased away the clouds, and with the spring she swore that she would renew her search for Th’orqui. Quil may have given up, but it wouldn’t be the only thing he’s abandoned since coming here, the princess thinks bitterly. Without realizing it, she shakes her head at the thought of her brother. Who knows where he’s been this past winter? They’ve barely spoken since their fight, but the longer the silence continues, the harder the girl finds it in her heart to forgive him. With each passing day, he is making his choice clearer: rather than rule, rather than finding their family, rather than being with her, he has called this place his home. He’s adopted their ways and taken that long-haired little equine mare as…well, Nasreen doesn’t know quite what to call her. It wasn’t like she had seen Quil around much, but this one seems to have lasted longer than the others he’d been known to pass his days with. Thinking of her, the princess frowns. The poor Moon Doctor—she can have no idea why Nasreen harbors any resentment towards her. It is rather petty of the girl, since the first time they met, the little mare was nothing but gracious to her, but she has been tainted by her association with Quil. To Nasreen, it seems that her brother has chosen this stranger over her, and that is enough reason for her to dislike the mare.

Oh, and speak of the devil! It’s almost startling the way that the very soul she’s thinking of comes into view between the trees, for as if she has conjured her up by mere thought, there is Resplendence. The princess halts, intending to slip away, but it’s too late. A twig has snapped beneath her hooves, and she’s sure that the healer must have heard. So she continues through the trees resolutely, until her full form is visible. Only then does she speak. “Oh,” she intones flatly, gray eyes cool as she looks the mare over, “It’s you.”

OOC: Sorry for Nasreen’s version of hostility xD Hopefully she’ll muster up a little compassion once she sees the state Res is in.

"speech"

Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

They had come, only out of concern for the once Moon Doctor. Alanna slipping in and out of the trees silently helping keep any threat of danger away from Res. The paint by any means cared for few these days, after all the more he cared for the more got hurt or left him. However he had always been protective of the little healer. Her sweet personality had drawn him in, and he only stepped in for her safety when needed. After all for so long she had Quil... Another painted knight who had not been seen for many months now.

The snap of a twig had Aaron shifting his weight into a faster pace, catching up to come up from behind the pale fem. He kept his distantance, the distantance that let others know that should they mean Red harm he would step in. That is until his eyes fell of the one who had also arrived. The Seer. He was thankful that Alanna stuck around and learned things when he cared less. With a nod the painted knght spoke, his voice a deep rumble. "Wht brings both of you ladies to the Deep Forest, and so far from the safety of home? It's not safe to travel alone..."They had stayed for many months now alone. He had slipped away from his Glazier position to be only skilled among the crafting ranks.

However that did not mean Aaron was not aware of the rumors. Something evil lurked. Something was was killing. He had yet to stumble across any who had fallen victim. For that he was thankful. After finding the bodies of his sisters and watching helplessly as his mother was murdered.... Well that was enough for one lifetime. Alanna moved along side her bonded, looking up to the red dragon and wagging her tail slightly trying to be friendly. They were not a threat, but that didn't mean others near were not.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Aaron
I'm Waking Up
x - x

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Resplendence

There was a comfort to the darkness of this forest. The way that the trees seemed to sway, and it offered some kind of solace for her hurting soul. Gentle eyes peered around until her limbs began to draw her to a halt.

There was a noise, though, that caused her to shuffle her weight, spin around, and look directly at the painted form that looked similar enough to Quilyan to give her a shock. "Quilyan?" she questioned as the form emerged only to realize it didn't exactly look like him. Still, the delusion's hung as she begged for it to really be him. It was this paint's voice, though, that told her it wasn't him, that it couldn't be him. Flat, uncaring. It was far from what he would have ever sounded like. So distant, so mean. It was as if she were the scum of the earth, as if she wasn't allowed to live. The words seemed to hold this underlying tone that repeated "you don't deserve to take the oxygen from the earth that we all use. You're useless." And it repeated this, in her head, over and over. It might have been completely in her head, but that's what she made up - and that's what broke her. Tears began to brim as she began to shuffle backwards, broken as she realizes he is still gone.

Yet, it was the form of the painted draft that emerged that gave her something to cling to. She tried to move in closer to him, his voice much calmer and filled with more emotion than the painted pegasus. He seemed safer, he seemed to actually care. He asks what brought the two of them there and notes that it wasn't safe to travel alone, but she didn't care anymore.

Her voice wavers as she speaks, "I need to find him. I need to find Quil. I have to make sure he's okay. Aaron, I have to make sure he's okay..." She's panicked, mildly. The clear image of him emerging from the trees thanks to Nasreen's arrival earlier had shattered what was left of a coherent brain. So, Valiance came down from the sky and took his place upon Res's poll, giving harsh clicking sounds to the Seer for the way she had spoken, offering a puff of smoke in her direction, and then what seemed to be a curt nod toward Aaron.

If only she could find joy in this forest...

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

It is with a cruel sort of satisfaction that Nasreen watches Resplendence stumble backward at the sound of her voice. She is not close enough to see the eyes that brim with tears and desperation; she only knows that the one who has caused her pain has felt the sting of her anger—the anger that she has buried for so long since her argument with Quil. And in his absence, compounded with the availability of a ready target just before her, she feels her wretchedness direct itself at Resplendence. For there is still a part of her deep within that longs to idolize her older brother again, to call him Quilly, to know that he is telling the truth when he assures her that everything will be all right, and to believe that he is good, and noble, and strong. Something desperate in her heart clings to the thread of hope that whispers this whole mess isn’t his fault—he would have come looking for her, he would have gone home, he would have made everything all right had it not been for the mare that stands before her. Yes! She held him back, she beguiled him, she kept him from Nasreen when she needed him! The princess draws herself up, intending to tell this interloper that much. She feels her chest constrict with hurt and expand in anger, and she sucks in a deep, steadying breath, winding up for the spewing rage she is about to hurl at the little healer…when she is interrupted before she can begin.

A deep voice rings out from the trees, startling the princess. Grey eyes dart to the treeline, where a large painted stallion is emerging from the shadows. He seems vaguely familiar, yet his is not a face she recognizes. Beside him trots a strange dog, white with a face the color of blood. Though the creature’s tail wags, Nasreen has never seen a hellhound in such close proximity. Nervously, she eyes the thick canopy above, and while he is not looking, the maiden takes a small step back. Her actions are not unnoticed by Resplendence’s dragon, who has swooped down in the meantime. From his mistress’ poll, he clicks and hisses at the princess, blowing smoke in her direction. Uncomfortable with this strange, lizard-like creature, she looks away, focusing her attention on the stranger instead.

However, it soon becomes apparent that he is not a threat. Any misgivings Nasreen may have had about him are laid to rest when Resplendence moves towards him, addressing him by name. Aaron. Warily, the painted mare walks a few steps closer. Though she may not be fond of the healer, she has no desire to offend this stallion. Intending to introduce herself, Nasreen opens her mouth, but her name is lost to Resplendence’s wails. “I need to find him. I need to find Quil. I have to make sure he’s okay…”

At her words, a strange rush of emotions washes over the princess. Her brother has not been with her? Fear and joy grip Nasreen’s heart simultaneously—joy, for she seizes the hope that he has come to his senses and gone looking for home…yet great fear too, for she knows there is darkness afoot. Quilyan is strong, but the magic here is deep and powerful. Her brother was born to be a king, trained in the arts of combat and diplomacy, yet even the maiden has realized that mortals cannot contend with immortal forces. “Quil? He isn’t with you?” Before she realizes that she is speaking, the words have already left her mouth. She has no time to remember the cold indifference of earlier, for suddenly, she finds that she cares very much. For all of the pain her sibling has caused her, when Nasreen is confronted with the reality of losing him again, she cannot stand the thought. She feels powerless, like a the filly who fled Th’orqui years ago, as her world begins to come crashing down around her. Swiftly, she draws closer to the healer, a burning question lingering on her tongue. She may still blame Resplendence for this all, but the anger will return later, when the find Quil…or when they don’t. Now, her only concern is for her family, and if the doctor is the last one who saw him, she will temporarily bite her tongue. “How long has he been missing?” she whispers, willing her voice not to break.

"speech"

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

The movement of Res and the Seer both comforted and alarmed the young knight all at once. While the Seer, he hated the fact he didn't know her name, looked an awful lot like the knight Quilyan that was so often was at the Moon Doctor's side... Her tone did not seem as affectionate. He noted this for another time as Res moved to cling to his side. Deep pangs within his heart were set off, but with the help of Alanna he shoved them aside. Now was not the time or place to be weak or think of... Her. “I need to find him. I need to find Quil. I have to make sure he’s okay…” Res wailed at his side. Her red dragon flew into sight to try and help comfort her, as Aaron gently reached out to nuzzle her neck if she would allow it. "Shush Res. It's alright. We will find him. Until then you can stay near me." His eyes looked to the Seer as her own reaction seemed to wash over.

It's clear now that Quilyan means something to her as well, as her words are different than the first time she spoke. “Quil? He isn’t with you?” She pauses as if in shock. “How long has he been missing?” Yes. Good question. That would give them a place to start. His mind began to turn faster, knowing that they were not safe here in the Forest. Alanna, scout around us. Make sure I know before anything gets to close. The hellhound nodded and moved off silently, giving a glance to the red dragon as she went as if to say 'let's keep them all safe.' Aaron then turned his attention back to the two mares. "When is the last time you both saw him and where?" He paused, Alanna growling at something in his mind. "We should move this conversation home, alert others among the herd. It's not safe out here." His fire magic burned in his veins, ready to spring to life at a moments notice. Oh how he was thankful he could protect them somewhat.... As long as they took off running and he and Alanna could block the way of the danger... They needed to move home, alert the warriors and spies of Quilyan's disappearance....

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Aaron
I'm Waking Up
x - x

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Resplendence

She was broken. That much was normal. But she didn't quite understand why Quilyan wasn't here. She inched in closer to Aaron, clinging to his side. She needed to find Quilyan - surely Aaron could understand that. She closed her golden eyes, forcing herself to try and stay in the present moment as Aaron began to speak. He reached for her, nuzzling her neck as Valiance began to start pulling and braiding at her mane. "T-thank you," she whispered, taking in a shaky breath.

However, the question that came next forced Resplendence to think. How long had it really been since she had last been able to look into his violet eyes? Too long. Definitely too long. But how long? "He's… he's not been with me for a while. I've trusted him to come back, but it's been too long. And with the murders… it's just not safe," she whispered, choking a little bit as she spoke. However, as Alanna began to move around the forest, she looked up at Valiance and he took to the skies as well. "Keep safe." he informed Res and it allowed her attention to return back toward Aaron's words.

"The last time I saw him… Just after the herd meeting speaking of the challenges which had occurred, when we went as a troop to the Falls. I haven't seen him since after we returned…" she explained, eyes lifting a little as she looked around the forest, uncertain as to why it was dangerous. Really, everywhere is dangerous.

So, shuffling her weight she glanced back up toward him. "I suppose… though no where is really safe, when you think about it…" she said, glancing to look back at the Seer. The shift had been so drastic in the way the Seer had acted that she didn't quite know what to do with it. Then, carefully, she began to move forward - afraid to move too far off from Aaron, but also wanted to follow his orders.

She just hoped they'd be able to find Quilyan…

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

Before the little healer has a chance to respond, the voice of reason intervenes. “When is the last time you saw him and where?” Aaron asks evenly, looking at them both. “He’s not been with me for a while,” the mare confesses, explaining that despite her trust that Quil will return, he hasn’t. She’s not the only one who’s made that mistake, Nasreen thinks bitterly, mulling over the doctor’s words. Had her brother grown tired of the timid thing? While she had been too young to understand the full implications of her brother’s past…dalliances…the princess knew that back in Th’orqui, Quilyan had kept the company of several beautiful young mares, and none of them had ever lasted as long as Resplendence. Her brother had left behind both blood and country, and as far as Nasreen is concerned, Resplendence is no different. She almost pities the mare--almost. Still, the healer’s admittance does nothing to reassure the maiden about her brother’s safety or whereabouts.

Sure enough, the last time Resplendence saw Quilyan had been several seasons ago, before the floating island had appeared or Nasreen had been promoted. Internally, she scoffs, for indeed it appears to be true: her brother has abandoned yet another consort. As for her, she had seen Quil on the island—it had been brief and strained, but she had seen him and spoken to him. Omitting the family drama, the young Seer tells the pair this much. “The last time I saw him was on the floating island,” she replies, eyes focused on Aaron. She permits a copper ear to flick in Resplendence’s direction and continues: “That was at the end of Tallsun—maybe the beginning of Orangemoon. I haven’t seen him since. Perhaps he has gone looking for our home?” Just as he should have long ago, she adds silently, before finishing, “Still…I’d rather be safe than sorry.” She was still angry with her brother, but she would not abandon him as he had her. If he was missing, the girl would do everything in her power to find him.

In response to Aaron’s suggestion that they return to the Edge, the maiden cocks her head, but takes a step or two after Resplendence. She does not like it here, to be sure, but the stallion speaks as if there is danger afoot that she does not know of. His anxiety makes her nervous enough to abandon her search for Th’orqui for the day—she will continue later, perhaps in an area that is less thickly wooded. As she passes him, she pauses to introduce herself. “I’m Nasreen, by the way—Quilyan’s sister.”

"speech"

[/quote]