Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Kvothe

Tomorrow
All Will Be Known
And You're Not Alone
So Don't Be Afraid
Of The Dark And Cold

Birdsong filled the morning air, i remember it fondly, it heralded a change of season from the frigid cold of Winter's grasp. Seems my arrival was timed rather well, for the chill here was mild, tolerable once the sun raised his head. I recall the scene well, there was a bubbling creek nearby, and the woods, dead at first sight, yielded the hope of spring in the form of little green nubs. The chiming of bells added to the morning melody, and for a moment it seemed as if my presence had startled the world into quiet.

But, i waited patiently, still, the wind stirring the small bells wrapped with care around my horn. The birds slowly began to sing once more, and i took that as my cue to continue my walk. Oh, i knew where i was heading. Helovia... a place that even my troupe dared not venture. Of course, i was too young to be told precisely why when we passed Helovia's borders in favor of another land... and still had not been. Overwhelming curiosity was what drove me from my troupe, my family. Although... i had not been alone.

I had long since stopped looking for my twin, for my Bast, quite some time ago. It had been a month or so since we were separated, but i worried little. Bast did not scorn fighting as i did, and he knew the direction Helovia lay. So, with a moderately light heart i crossed the creek, the only sound of my passing being the splash of hooves in water and the eternal chiming of my bells. You may ask why i had bells on my horn, and the answer is twofold; each bell is a member of my blood family, and i wear them to let others know i was coming. A...heralding of sorts. Fitting for one such as i.

But my arrival seemed... empty. The smell of horses, faded even by the snow that still lingered, was everywhere, yet the bodies nowhere. For an idle moment i had considered that the land of Helovia was no more, that my troupe avoided it out of superstition. "Ho! Does any walk here?" I yelled, breath forming in the air and fading quick. My ears strained, sifting through the sounds of birds and my own long-since-used-to bellchimes, seeking any sign that i was not alone in this wood.

OOC: MUCHMUSE. Longest Threshold post for me, check XD Anyway, Kvothe is gonna become an outcast, but i'd love it if someone could meet him and fill him in on what's going on in Helovia, the herds, ect.

[Image: untitled_1_by_wyckeddesigns-d89adg8.png]
Word Count: 400 Tags: @[Spice]
Table Credit!

All force and minor powerplay is allowed against Kvo provided it doesn't kill
Please tag me in all posts!

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

I liked it here. It was where I was first introduced to this land of Helovia, and two of the four herds that ruled different areas of the vast place. I didn't know what I was doing back, perhaps just wishing to meet another just like me. New to the land, seeking adventure and trust in strangers I only dared to believe. But now, I know that it is true. The endless sea and the crimson-sanded desert. The heard of different equines...with the sticks upon their brow. I wonder what I was to come upon on this new journey?

I was in the sky, my wings beating, searching the ground of the Threshold for an opening to land. My emerald orbs flashing through the trees to find a darker creature. I decided to land then, close as I could. Swooping over, tilting my wings to the desire of the air current, I flashed by. The trees came shooting towards me, a look of pure shock and insanity rest on my face like a regular emotion as I pelt towards the ground.

I land in a jumble of footsteps and whinnies. It was so thrilling. Although, I didn't really know if I had been doing it right...I ignore the thoughts of ignorance and flying, because...How should I know how to fly correctly in the first place? No one ever truly taught me.
I then remember my whole mission.
Find the other soul. I smile, not a particularly wicked one, just...a simple smile. I listen to the soft sound of birds in the trees, and the low rush of a nearby brook. I start to walk, the snow was beginning to melt and I suddenly despised heat. Once again, I was scared the snow didn't like me. Why would it when I have lived mostly in desert land? I huff, making my way through the trees in the direction of the other equine.

He comes into view. "Hello there!" I call, my voice kind and crisp. As I step into view. Ooh! He has a thingy on his head!
I smile, staring at the stick. I've found another one! Though, it looked different from the one she had seen before. More...branching sticks. And noise. More noise.

It kind of sounds like music (well, what I think music sounds like.) Though, I would really know what music sounds like. I mean, I've never heard it...

"I am Spice." I find myself saying, eyes flicking to his build, strong and lean. Eyes a mixture of green and brown. A different but beautiful sight and she is then dazed by the unique beauty of it all. His mane is a different color. Like the sky...but darker; varying in lengths. His tail has a little ruff at the end with some falling off the bottom, and I suddenly wonder if he is okay...

He doesn't seem so...

I force a new smile, not like the one when I had when I landed from the skies...that one was genuine. This one...not so much. I try not to stare, focusing on his eyes. His tail...whatever it is freaks me out a little. But I like it. Unique. Who knows, maybe they could become great friends one day!

ooc;; quite an optimist, young Spice is. c: lol hi!
"Spice Yapping"

Word Count:549 Tags:@[Kvothe]
Credits
Image: Link
Name Font: cooltext.com
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Kvothe

Tomorrow
All Will Be Known
And You're Not Alone
So Don't Be Afraid
Of The Dark And Cold

The world remained devoid of another's voice save my own and that of the birds that trilled from their roosts in the trees. A sigh parts my lips; mayhap i'd find others deeper into this land. Bells chime as i move, stepping with care across the small creek nearby, the water bubbling cheerily around my ankles. I was not bothered by this solitude, for i was not truly alone. The stream, the birds, the trees, the snow... all of it was my company. So you see, even when you think you are alone, that there is nary a soul to be found, there is always someone there. It is an age-old adage i knew to hold true.

But for me in that moment, there was, quite literally, someone there. Well, specifically someone overhead. I catch the movement and raise my skull to watch a youth fly by, and i bolt across the creek when it seemed certain she looked as if she'd crash into the trees. But she landed fine, albeit noisily and clumsily. Ah, pegasi foals. It never ceased to amuse me to watch any winged creature new to flight. But i could rest my worries at ease; she rose without injury. She turns and heads towards me, and i remain still lest i scare this little chick away. She calls out to me, and i can't help but smile at her childish tone, and the way she stares at my horn. To me, it was not something unusual, just as wings were not. I've seen many horses with my family; there had been horns, dragon like wings, feather wings, even insect wings and those with nary a wing nor horn upon their bodies.

"Hello there yourself, wee one." I return her greeting with a smile and dip of my head, the bells tinkling merrily. She introduces herself as Spice, a rather fitting name, for this little filly seems rather energetic. "And my name is Kvothe. I am in Helovia, correct? Or have i made a wrong turn?" The thought is mildly disturbing. She studies me, and i her in return, my gaze flickering to her wings, her body telling of her youth. Her crash landing didn't help much either.

She smiles at me once more, only this time it is strained, and i wonder if i had upset her somehow. My tail flicked against my legs, the long hair all along it's underside swatting away an imaginary itch. I tilt my head, bicolored eyes focusing on this slip of a girl. "Forgive me, have i done something to upset you, child?" I ask carefully. It would do me no good to insult the only equine i've met since i lost my brother. "And from whence do you hail?" My questions would either yield answers or more questions. But questions were part of my trade, my friends. When all else failed me, my faith, family, friends... my questions were always there.

Word Count: 492 Tags: @[Spice]
Table Credit!

Hidden Account

Spice

[Image: cheshire_cat_grin.jpg]

I instantly wonder what a wee one is. My eyes flashing a curious look back at him. Though, I'm sure he does not catch it. "Wrong turn? When could you ever take one of those without finding something beautiful? Yes. You are in Heloiva, sir." I smile. I am becoming better at talking to strangers...and to think-stranger was a dreaded word only a little while ago when the world was new to me and was it's doll. Hailing from a land of heat and quiet, the world took me in and told me what was true. It told me the answers to many of my questions, though not all, many. And that was what I liked about strangers-as well. They tell you things you would not believe to be true if coming from only a story. Sure, they could lie. But why would they? That would be rude and disappointing to the one they where lying to.

I carefully dismiss the apologize from his lips. "No, I apologize. You have not, I was just worried about your tail..." no. I was not familiar with this thing...that seemed to be pretty normal to him. "From whence do you hail?" The words tumbled from my new acquaintances' mouth before I could even comprehend what the heck he was saying. "Excuse me? Whence?" I hope it was clear in my wording that I didn't understand what he was trying to get out to me. What could whence even mean, anyway? Who? I stumble through my own memories, trying to find a time or place that my mother had used a word like that.

Wee...yeah, he sure liked to use different and confusing words. Which...pretty much made him more unique than before.

ooc;; sorry this is kinda short. :P
"Spice Yapping"

Word Count:288 Tags:***
Credits
Image: Link
Name Font: cooltext.com

Outcast
Kvothe

Tomorrow
All Will Be Known
And You're Not Alone
So Don't Be Afraid
Of The Dark And Cold

Her words make my smile grow, and i tip my head to the filly's words that are far wiser than she knows. "Such is the way of the world, alas few seem to realize such." I scarely finish before she trills again, and i cannot hold back the laugh that escapes me. Worried about my tail? I turn to look at it, amused now. I suppose that to one still new to the world that my tail would seem odd; it was long and sinuous, constantly in motion. To one not used to it, it must seem as if my tail had been a victim of the mange, hairless and grotesque. But for me, it was...well me. I knew not what i'd do if i had a tail such as Spice's. Suppose that too would be me, should i have been born with such rather than what i possess now.

"There is nay a thing wrong with my tail, t'is merely as i was born. Quite common amongst unicorns, actually." I turn my head to her once more, and scarce 'fore i finished speaking, she chattered again. Alas, the impatience of children. I wasn't old by any means, in my prime actually, but there were times when i felt far older than my years led on. "Pardons, my dialect... my way of speech must be strange to you. Whence... i meant where do you hail? Er, come from?" I speak clumsily for the first time in a long time, my tongue tripping over the strange phrases.

By now i feel as confused as she must be; do you know how difficult it is to shape one's words to conform to a dialect that is alien to your own? Her speech was so abrupt, i had attributed it to youth, but it seems not a child's speech, but rather the way Helovians spoke in general. Made me wonder if others in this land spoke as this little one did. So informally, so blunt. T'was enough to make me feel almost...saddened. But, i could nary judge a land based upon a single foal. So i had withheld my judgement on Helovian speech for the time being, instead awaiting the filly's reply.

Word Count: 371 Tags: @[Spice]
Table Credit!

Hidden Account

The tail...it was how he was born! Just as I had been born with wings! And like my mother...and then my grandmother...and back and back. I listened intently to the stallion. He seemed like one to entertain interesting knowledge of the world with his special tongue, a different and deep tone in his voice, just as the Wildfire's.

"Ah, now I understand." I clarify. He seems abrupt in his sudden stumble in words, and I do not expect such a thing from one with this altitude of language. Though, I continue on. "I do not know where I come from." I remember this as déjà vu, when I had told my friend Rhoa about where I was from. I had simply stated that I did not know. Just as I was doing now. I hoped it would come and go quickly with this guy. I really didn't feel like talking about how I abandoned my mother. I feel guilty as of now, but I do not let the feeling spread to my face, holding it back at the gates of emotions. Where tons of others were piled up. Some not necessarily upsetting.

I smile at the stallion before me. My green eyes dancing with the light of understanding and gratitude. I wonder if he could teach me that language of his. Though, I do not voice these thoughts because-I do not yet know this new comer of Helovia.- Thus, I do not know how he is going to react to such a question. That would be so much he would have to give...Although I know a few others that would be willing to help me with a language any day, I do not yet truly know this stallion. And if I were to wish to know him...I'd have to befriend him.

Which, in a way, I have. Even though I was not aware of my open-ness towards him I welcome this new feeling of free. I can do whatever I want here. I am not bound by a fence and a protective mother any more. I can do whatever I want. Meet whoever I want and befriend whoever I want. It it all seems to over whelm me all of a sudden. The thought of being free pouncing on me, shoving me back into my cage where I was before I was here and I didn't want to be there. Of course. I felt like the world didn't want me to be free. But I had to believe it did. For now, at least.

It did want me to be free.

And so, I was.

― zoe ―

ooc;; trying this thingy...

Outcast
Kvothe

Tomorrow
All Will Be Known
And You're Not Alone
So Don't Be Afraid
Of The Dark And Cold

Glad i had managed to convey my point across, i let relief show on my features. T'was then i realized i was still halfway in the creek, and with a snort of amusement i moved myself out of the chilled waters, shaking each hind leg free of the water. An ear cocked towards the filly, and i managed to catch the words she spoke next. She knew not where she came from? "So a wee lass such as you is just wandering amok?" I don't bother to mask my concern, this was pressing. Mayhap the youngling was merely lost, rather than alone due to a parents negligence.

However, it seemed to not trouble her, the reality of this situation. Her green eyes hold naught but gratitude, but it does little to soothe my own concerned gaze. "Pardons, so you just wander alone?" I rephrase myself, recalling her earlier problems with my speech. Already i could tell this constant revision i was going to have to do would grate upon me, and oh how feverently i prayed that i would not have to do such with every horse met.

"Well...will you walk with me, child? I care not for standing in place, and there is still bite to the air. A walk would do us well and keep us warm." I offer, smiling then before i bow down upon a knee with all the grace i could muster, as if i was a prince before a princess. Children, i've learned, had a love for such formalities, even if they knew not what it was. I straighten and turn, smile still upon my dark face, and my mismatched eyes glittering with amused fondness. Aye, fondness. I could hardly be blamed for that, foals were just so...endearing. I waited for the little one to move to my side 'ere i walked, shortening my strides to let the gangly filly keep up.

Word Count: 320 Tags: @[Spice]
Table Credit!

Hidden Account

"I do not wander...I walk in a just manner, away from home. I had searched for a new home, and I have found one in the bountiful lands of Helovia." I smile, my lips could never grow tired of that one, simple and easy way of expressing so many emotions. I look down as I hear him ask about a walk, my mind suddenly returning to the thought of being chained up. Away from other living souls I would wait alone for no one to rescue me...

He was bowing.

Oh, what a gentleman. And no, I am not be sarcastic. That was a kind gesture. Something I would like more often but am to modest to say it because it is not something I need like water and food and life. It is something I would like to have. Well, I had it with him. I guess. He had explained how he was getting a bit cold just standing there and I nodded my own agreement as I rushed up beside him, he seemed to be slowing for my catching up. I didn't want to go slow...

But, this was a walk. And it was his walk. SO... I resulted in just keeping at his pace. Why would I rush ahead anyway if I had so much to see and talk about right there? I look up at him, only seeing one side of his two mismatched eyes. I liked that, finding the unique difference in every one she met. Rhoa, his love of adventure and the connection he has to his family. Gaucho, the steady and calm look in his eyes, only he could pull off a look so stern yet captivating at the same time.

And Kvothe's...? Ah yes, his eyes. "Does your mother have the same eyes as you?" I ask, my curious self taking over, kind orbs to thoughtful.

― zoe ―

Outcast
Kvothe

Tomorrow
All Will Be Known
And You're Not Alone
So Don't Be Afraid
Of The Dark And Cold

Oho! Clever tongued this little filly was. I laugh at her words, the bells draped around my antler tinkling almost with the same mirth i felt. "Well, little Silvertongue, where in the bountiful lands of Helovia does your home lie?" Perhaps i had judged this one's speech pattern a little too quickly, for truth she seemed to be making more of an effort to speak eloquently than she had previously. It made me both amused and grateful that i need not fully change the way i spoke. She wasted nary a second in hurrying to my side, albeit she seemed to champ at the pace. So i lengthened my stride to normal, my usual rolling gait that seemed to make me flow 'cross the ground rather than stomp. Being my breed had it's perks.

For a little while we walk in silence; i can feel her emerald eyes upon my face, and i bother not to hide my smile. I was used to the startled looks, i learned early on that not every horse had such unusual eye colorations. So i was hardly surprised when she asked about my eyes. Nay, my surprise lay within the way she asked; through my mother. "Nay, she does not. Her eyes are green, as is such of my sire." I turn my head to look down at her, making sure my gait was not too fast for her to stress herself over on keeping up.

"In fact, t'was quite the surprise when i opened my eyes after i was born. Green eyes are all that lay in my ancestors that i know of." I reply, a wry smile on my face. Oh, i've been mocked for my gaze by cruel colts when i was young. But the fillies always considered it handsome, and who was i to deny a female's wisdom? They thought me handsome, so handsome i thought myself.

"But, before you ask little Spice, she looks very much like me. Tail included." Amusement fills my tone, and i cast her a knowing glance, my lips tugging up in a grin now. I gently swat her ankles with the tip of my tail, laughing once more.

Word Count: 364 Tags: @[Spice]
Table Credit!

Hidden Account

"The Dragon's Throat. It is a fiery herd surrounded by water." I felt at home next to this stallion, it felt so casual and wonderful. I really liked being with Kvothe, and I felt happy to admit that. She tried to match his pace as he looked down at me with those multicolored eyes of his. I smiled in return, a gleeful one. Full of joy.

It truly felt good to be open like this to someone. Just like I had been with Rhoa. We were a good match, me and that little boy. And I could see a new friend in this new comer as well. The way he spoke in the same casual tone as me, the way he didn't stress over being perfectly sutured or anything like how I would imagine other equines to be like. Laid back and unique. That's it.

I open my mouth, eyes glistening as I was about to ask another one of my nosey questions. Though, he answered it for me. I smile and nod. "So, would you like to know about where you stand?" I ask, looking around at the trees and grass and undergrowth, pulling the slightly chilly air in with a deep breath. I look at him as we walk. Not the creepy kind of stare, just the regular casual kind.

It occurred to me that I was really laid back and casual. But I could also be formal when needed. I smile at my own self-awareness and then wonder if that is only what I want to be like. Am I really casual but formal when needed? Or is that what I want to be? I ponder this as I await his response.

"."
― zoe ―

Outcast
Kvothe

Tomorrow
All Will Be Known
And You're Not Alone
So Don't Be Afraid
Of The Dark And Cold

Dragon's Throat? She lived in a dragon? I veil my surprise and confusion before this little adult. Soon her words settled my doubts. Nay, she did not live within a beast. T'was just the name of her herd. Queer name, no doubt, but name nonetheless. "I will have to visit The Dragon's Throat at some time... can i count on you to greet me that day, little Spice?" I ask, glancing down at her with a playful grin that only grew wider when i saw her joyous one.

We walk a bit longer in quiet. It is a comfortable silence, one that held no awkwardness, a silence between companions that, for the moment, have little to say and much to think of. As we walk i gaze upon my surroundings, keeping the creek to my right and the filly to my left, with the small path ahead of us. The silence is suddenly filled with the sweet chatter of Spice, and i cock an ear towards her. "I would like to know, yes. That is, as long as you know where we tread." Ah, her speech was growing more refined. I knew not whether my own dialogue had an influence, or if she merely wished to please me by mimicking my way of speaking, but it was a welcome thing, flattering truly.

"If you would, tell me where your Dragon's Throat lies. I shan't visit it now with you, i wish to wander some. But i promise, in a few days time i shall come." I stopped walking to look down at this little one i've grown rather fond of. Most children were energetic, loud, and generally all over the place. Whilst i'd not say Spice wasn't fiery, she certainly had an air of maturity around her that surpassed her age. Actually made me wonder what made this little filly grow up quick; my mind flashes back to her earlier words: 'I do not know where I come from.'. Had she been abandoned? Well, whether she had or not, she seemed to love her herd, mayhap they gave her a new home, new family.

Word Count: 354 Tags: @[Spice]
Table Credit!

Hidden Account

I nod vigorously at his question. Of course I would meet him! My eyes widen at the idea. I am already exited for that day to come, my eyes ecstatic with a new electricity.

"Of course I know!" I smile and then explain "we are in the Threshold. The only entrance to the land of Helovia. Helovia has a couple different herds, as I am told. I have only heard of the Dragon's Throat and World's Edge and the Aurora Basin." I liked telling someone about this new place I called home. And although I have yet to wander as he claims he will do, I already felt like I knew a lot about Helovia.

I like it when he promises. It makes me feel closer and...just simply more of a closer acquaintance to him. Already making promises to meet again. It kind of reminded me when I made a deal with that little horned boy in the cold. I told him I would fly, show him my wings. In exchange for information I would seek about the stick upon his forehead and the wonderful cold.

I soon let my mind drift, getting farther away from shore as the waves try to pull it under, they do not succeed because it is a forever floating piece that I will always have. Even when I am dead. It lets me think. Feel. Death should not defy feelings and thoughts, I believe. And I wouldn't let it.
I think of him, and his wonderful tail and long history of green eyes and how he was magnificently different in his family, but oh so alike. I thought of the way we seemed to click two old friends and I wonder how he found Helovia and what his past was like? Was he grown up like her? Alone with only his mother to care for him until he was let free? Was he just getting away then? Escaping that cage of boringness and day-lessons about manners and stuff she didn't necessarily care about.

"Spice Yapping"
― zoe ―

Outcast
Kvothe

Tomorrow
All Will Be Known
And You're Not Alone
So Don't Be Afraid
Of The Dark And Cold

I'm greeted by her enthusiastic words, and i laugh softly at the excitement in her gaze. For myself the days would pass swiftly, i wondered if they would pass slowly for her or not. Days for a child could seem like years. I listen keenly as she speaks of other places; The Aurora Basin, World's Edge, and of course Dragon's Throat. "Well, seems i have much to see!" I glance to the sky, mildly surprised to see that the sun had risen far higher than i had realized.

I glance down at the little filly, then nudged her shoulder with my muzzle. "You'd best be headed home, little Silvertongue. I am sure you are missed." I raise my head, gazing down at her. Truth be told i was anxious, eager to begin my wanderings, to explore this Helovia and discover all it could offer. Oh, the stories i could weave of my journeys here. What events would i witness? I would normally stay with the filly till she tired of my company, but i found myself rather...impatient. I knew not where i was headed, nor what dangers i would face, and i would rather my tongue be cut out than lead an innocent to harm

So i walk past her, veering towards the trees. Just before the treeline i pause to look back at her. "Look for me upon the borders of your home by the end of this moon cycle. Until we meet again, little Spice." I turn, bowing down elegantly once more to her before i am gone, a phantom amongst trees that quickly fades away. I worried little about the filly; she possessed wings and was fully capable of flight, and at a year's age she would know her way home. So i left the filly with a light heart and curiosity broiling in my chest.

My adventure in Helovia had begun.

(OOC: Went ahead and wrapped this up :D)
Word Count: 316 Tags: 000
Table Credit!