[OPEN] hunger hurts but starving works

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo
So Thistle Meadow it is then (:
They're cute adventure buds.
@[Bucephalus]

(open to anyone else who wants to join in!)

Phrixus shakes off the snow dusting his wings and back, extending his wings and dipping onto the quiet winds. The moon is still bright, brighter than before even, she’s peaked and now she’s descending. In a few hours she will be creeping behind the mountain tops and the sun will find his place on the horizon. When he bows she cannot help but let a blushing giggle escape her pursed lips, she returns the gesture with an odd equine version of a curtsy (pulling it off rather gracefully, despite what she thinks).

So the meadow then!” She takes her place behind him, looking upward briefly to make sure Phrixus was circling above like he is supposed to (and he is). He seems mightily uncomfortable discussing the Insula but he did not deny permission to keep picking about it. Rudely, Tangere decides to ignore the hint of his uncomfortableness and press on with her electrified curiosity. “What happened up there?

As they walk the bird keeps an eye on them and the path ahead. Others pass them as they walk the common road, solitary and in groups, chattering, laughing or crying and brooding as strangers usually do. The forest morphs from hardwoods to evergreens and the air is starting to smell like fresh mountain water. They’re already close to one of river’s fingers that reach eastward.

tangere
AND THE DOVE OF HOPE
BEGINS ITS DOWNWARD SLOPE...

sorry it's short <3

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

When she asks of the Island, he hesitates, as if deciding precisely what to say first. "Something... attacked myself and a unicorn. It wasn't something of flesh and blood. It was... unnatural." There were no words to describe the wrongness. "And later i heard that there was a murder, a gruesome one, on the island as well. So, i plan to avoid that place unless i have no choice." His gaze is taut, and he falls silent as they walk. But once they reach the meadow, he relaxes and turns his head to look at her as he leads her deeper into the icy field. "So, tell me, how did you tame Phrixus? He is...a companion, yes? I've heard rumors about such things, but never fully understood what it is." He steps around a rabbit warren as he speaks, guiding her away from it with a nudge of his wing.

Finally he leads her to a grove within the heart of the meadow, where the snow is thinnest. He paws at the ground, unearthing enough winter grass for her before he begins on his own patch. Oh, how he missed spring and summer. The sweet grasses that cropped up everywhere... if not for how active he was, he'd most likely be a rather fat horse. Gods only knew if he managed to live to old age he planned to die a fat, happy man. Very fat and very happy.

"Dinner is served." He joked, gesturing to the patch with a wing and a grin. "Also, i am curious about the Basin. I hear... i hear they do not take too kindly to pegasi." That was putting it mildly. He knew not if it was rumor thrown out of proportion or actually true. But considering this mare had yet to attack him or really do anything of the sort, it might just be rumor and reputation.

Word Count:316 Tags:@[Tangere]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

His reluctance makes her only hungrier for information, but clearly he was not into the notion. He was struggling to do all he could to avoid the subject. Tangere was not the type to intentionally make someone uncomfortable, not these days anyways. She nods to him after he lets the heavy words fall from his mouth. “I see,” She takes a short breath into her lungs, it is biting and cold, frostfall’s last frosty nights are fading yet it leaves small reminders still. “There is talk of murders…I didn’t know that’s where they happened.” This sentence is almost under her breath, it’s obvious she is going to allow the subject to fall to the wayside, to his relief, she’s sure.

She moved along after the core of their conversations is forgotten and renewed to something different. Phrixus is their subject. When Bucephalus mentions the bird’s name she tilts her head to the side to look up at him soaring above them. “Tame him?” She chuckles. “His God’s gave him to me.” She returns her eyes to the path ahead, smiling as she recounts the memory of finding Phrixus’s egg in the Hear Caves when the wraiths attacked Helovia. It was quite some time ago. “I found his egg and carried it for many moon-cycles until he hatched. He’s been with me ever since.” She notices that they are getting closer and closer to their destination, she lets him lead her wherever, trusting him completely. “They’re called familiars, or demons, or companions – it is different in different cultures and lands. Either way they are a gift from the Gods, whichever ones, and they are somehow tied to one’s soul. You become knotted with one another, never to be unbound.” Her voice gets mixed into the whistling wind, her smile remaining even though she’s stopped talking. He leads to where the melting snows have cleared away a little bit, revealing dried, preserved grasses. She walks for the patch with a reach muzzle, grabbing and ripping tenderly before looking up at him, mid-chew. “Thank you.” She giggles (at his joke) and chews as the words chime sweetly from her grinning, moving mouth. She grazes for a moment before his question causes her to stiffen and pause, bending the closest ear to him. Her head rises and she stares at him while gathering a string of words to say. “I’ve heard that to.” She cannot help but laugh at herself. “To be honest I do not discuss it with any of them. From what I gathered they are in fact superior feeling to all others except their own kind, but really, it doesn’t seem to be of the utmost importance for them to maintain aggression for everyone.” She sighs and takes another mouthful to chew before continuing, “But in general, yes, they hate a lot of things – pegasi being pretty high on their list.

tangere
AND THE DOVE OF HOPE
BEGINS ITS DOWNWARD SLOPE...

@[Bucephalus] <3

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(: