the Rift

[OPEN] holocene

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx

She harbours a sword within her unquiet roaring heart,

Her last words to him were venomous and spiteful. I am not your little princess. It had been truth though. Arya wasn’t a dainty little thing to be doted upon. Even now she grew more and more independent from her mother. The need for milk was obsolete now and she had learned how to find grass. That mattered little though. Her mind was consumed with thoughts of her now seemingly absent parents. Where was her father? Most of all… Where was her mother? The nights alone were taking a toll. Bags were evident underneath her eyes. Her mind always seemed be plagued by the sound of her mother’s screams and the sight of her own blood in the snow.

She wandered far from the icy grips of her homeland. Arya wasn’t sure if it was a desperate attempt to find her parents or just an attempt to break free of her cage of thoughts. The journey was lonely without the comforting presence of Odette. She missed the boring patrols and her father’s endless amount of stories. She’s missed his rough nuzzles. Above all else, she missed her family being one unit. Even if her parents weren’t “together” they still had a piece in her life. Her thoughts turned to her half-sister Mirabella. Did she know about their father’s potential kidnapping?

“She deserves to know... He is her father to.” Arya muttered to herself. A sigh passed from her lips as she continued walking. After some time she wandered noticed the vast expanse of water before her. Where she once would’ve gasped and given loud exclamations, she simply stared at the water with a frown etched upon her face. The wind blew strands of her hair as she sighed and dropped her head.

There were too many questions and simply not enough answers

[open to anyone.]
arya woman-king

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

You're all that still matters

No matter where you ever fled to, you were never you, alone to yourself and your thoughts where you could find peace and figure out all that has happened. There is no room to think and no place to hide. Regardless of where you would stray off to, someone was there, either with their voice, memories, scent, something of whoever they were. Even the Steppe was full, through all of it's vast emptiness that there ended.
She knew it ended, like all things. Your life ends, death will end someday, the air will end, as well as the world. The sea itself ended and began before her very eyes when the waves intertwined with the sand beaches and jagged cliffs that dotted every coastline of the land.
Dead air lurks with a heavy weight, trudging about the atmosphere and bringing all the physical things to a halt. Sand engrades itself into her champagne coat while foam clots the border between the sky, the sea, and her body. Sleep knocks on her door by the time something comes along.
A child whose size is one she once was recently comes by. Temptation taunts her into almost scolding them for being out on their own, but is halted by the fact that she's aware of the feeling and grip that strangles the heart and throat at being told you're not old to be out on your own. They all grow into mares and stallions some day, and it's better to be independent younger than older because then, separation is much harder than it would of been.
"Are you okay?" Her position is held firmly, refusing to rise when the waves come in more and thrash her into her bedding more. A chocolate tail rides the waves and bathes itself in the scent of rotting seaweed and decaying ocean life brought ashore. Scent was useless here, giving into neurtrality. It was nothing more than a weanling. Children could say hateful words without knowing their pungence. There's not harm they could do to her compared to the rest.

notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Hidden Account
Minx

Arya scented another. Her eyes remained focus upon the waters ahead of her. For a moment she closed her eyes, as if that would drive all her problems away. Mere weeks ago she would’ve leapt at the potential for a new friend. At this point all she wanted was the gentle croons of her other. She wanted the booming laughter of her father. She wanted Odette’s wild games of chase. But now all of that was gone. The huntress was completely powerless and that sent waves of anger through her. For some reason her body kept her soul tied to it, but she couldn’t use it to defend that which she loved. What was the point of this prison if it couldn’t be put to use? Silently she cursed her youth. Silently she cursed whatever bondage kept her soul trapped in it’s vessel.

A voice broke through her thoughts. It took a moment for the words to register on her mind. Are you okay? She opened her eyes and glanced over at the stranger before her. Arya noted the horn upon her head. Yet she couldn’t remember her from the Basin and the scent upon her was foreign regardless. At least the stranger wasn’t a stallion, as they had proven to ruin everything they touched.

She looked at the mare only for a moment before her gaze went out to the ocean before her. “I… No,” Arya admitted. There was no point in lying. She wasn’t the clever woman her mother was. She couldn’t disguise anything with a sly roll of the tongue. “Evil people took the ones I love from me. Men ripped apart my family.” Despite the pain in her voice, no tears would form. The time for crying was over. She had promised her mother she would be strong, thus, strong she would be. “I’m sorry… That’s probably more than you wanted to hear. I’m Arya by the way, of the Aurora Basin.”

The child didn’t comprehend the dangers of disclosing her home. For her, the icy north was naught but home. Little did she know of the malice and wickedness that had descended upon her home.

@[Sikeax]
arya woman-king

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

As expected, the child has a quick, flickering tongue that has yet to discover the ability to lock away secrets and thoughts. It would come with time as it did with Sikeax. She doesn't mind the words that the filly frees, drinking them in with a caring and understanding fashion. Her features speak of an alert mindset completely out of habit. Children could be followed by herd members or parents with times like these.
The child, whose name comes out to be Arya, short, sweet, simple, and overall, beautiful, comes to apologize. Chuckling softly to herself, the champagne shakes her head with ease and offers no more movements. "I don't mind. You're free to speak to me as you please." She is nowhere near the motherly type, but leaving someone after they've split all of their beans before you was rude, and rude actions towards a foal, definitely one from the Aurora Basin, was a sin above all else.
Pulling herself up from the sea, she heaves, struggling to place weight on her stocked legs and sighing once her hind legs are beneath her and pushing upwards to get her level. Her youth has been seeped away with Frostfall and had yet to be returned by the welcoming gesture of Birdsong. Shaking, water flies from her frame and the dirty ends of her hair. Shivers nip at her body when she stands for a moment, barely trusting the weakness of her legs to hold her through the slaughter they've faced through the recent harsh winter. She's a bit broken, and children never really seem to matter with that issue.
Slowly, she walks towards the child, head held at a lazy position and horn glowing outwards to Arya, though she cares not for the danger as of this kid. A spot is made in her heart for her, only because she understands, or at least knows, the feeling that Sikeax knows too well: the feeling of what it feels like to have the whole world work towards ripping your family to pieces.
That's how they all ended up dead.
Well, they say the truth hurts, but someday, you've got to build an immunity to the pain that comes when the truth bullies you.
"Your family will be fine as long as you don't work to keep them apart. If you try, they'll always be there. It's not ripped apart unless you let yourself believe that is."
And that's why mine was ripped to shreds, or maybe it was all of our faults. We never loved each other.
Before the child, standing hock deep in the waves and sinking into wet sand slowly, she tries to offer what comfort and support that she could manage. It was not a subject that she would be expected to give away usually, but an inner part of her cares, due to the fact that she's been there and doesn't want to see another there. She doesn't want to see another whose whole life is ahead of them and full of dreams and possibilities fall deep into the depths of depression, illness, self-loathe, and an overall sense of having yelled 'fuck you' to the world.
"Where is your family?" It was a simple start in caring, but not enough for Sikeax to throw all the cards onto the table just to get somewhere.

notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,

Hidden Account
Minx
Hundred years, hundred more
Someday we may see a woman king, sword in hand.

Swing at some evil and bleed.

Arya watched the mare as she shook her head and spoke. She nodded her head at the mare’s comment. The huntress never thought that permission was required to speak freely. Both parents had always encouraged strength and she had always believed everyone tolerated the concept of saying whatever was on one’s mind. Thing such a timidity, shyness, and nerves were foreign. The anxiety that wracked her mind still remained an alien feeling. She knew not how to wrap her head around the giant that seemed to hover over her at every moment. There was no one to explain the turmoil that burned through her mind.

She watched the mare rise from the ocean. Arya couldn’t comprehend the appeal in sitting in that water. It couldn’t have the soothing appeal like the hot springs in her home. She assumed it was more like the lake which was cold as a frostfall wind. Nonetheless, the filly would keep her eyes locked on the mare walking toward her. It didn’t go unnoticed that she hadn’t bothered mentioning her own name. Part of that unnerved the huntress. Did this individual have a reason to withhold information? Her eyes rested upon the horn that protruded from the stranger’s head. Memories flashed through her mind. The cold snow against her neck as she collapsed to the ground. The ain that had shot through her as the chunk of bone broke through skin.

She grimaced and fought back the memories. The mare’s voice pulled her out of the battle in her mind. Arya dared to seek eye contact. Slowly nodded her head, Arya knew they would always remain tucked within her heart. For a long moment she struggled to find words. None came so she simply stood there in silence with her eyes upon the tide.

She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes. What would her mother think if she saw her this way? Hotaru would’ve embraced her and told her to be strong. She would tell her everything would be alright. That was all she needed. She needed her mother to tell her everything was going to be alright. Arya needed to know that the storm would end. The mare asked a simply question. Arya shrugged and shook her head ever so slightly. “If I knew I would go out and find them. Some winged man came and stole my mother. He said it was her fault.” Hatred and rage seeped into her voice. She could remember looking into his eyes. She remembered how easily he had shrugged her off. One day she would face that man again, but, she wouldn’t be some babe. She would be a warrior. One day, she would inflict the same helplessness upon him.“One day I will make that man pay.” Her gaze flickered out to the ocean before her as her anger slowly settled. “Where is your family?”

@[Sikeax]

Salty air is breathed out to them, Sikeax basking within the scent of rotting seaweed and dead sea life washed ashore. It never smelt or even felt like death; it felt like a place where it couldn't be abnormal as death was.
The child is unusually quiet compared to before. Relaxing in the glory of a beach day, she hadn't taken the quiet into full effect. Overhead, gulls spoke with lively tones while the ocean attempted to hush them in repeated commandments. Worry grows within the pit of her stomach as it drags onward. She could of easily crossed a line and gone too far, but no, Arya rediscovers her voice and puts it to the original use.
Anger clots and devours her now, listening with a confused tone. As a foal, she had been almost kidnapped, stolen from her mother's side when Adrixaura's teat was the lifesource. This filly was clearly big enough to be off the nutrients of her dam, but there was still love to their bond. Deep down, she envied her. Cut ties between her mother and her had left a dark spot in her chest towards loving other soul in fear of repetition, but seeing someone with a caring heart strong enough to provoke anger over a lost family was a beautiful feat.
"Whatever reason it may of been, if it is her fault, why not ask her what happened? Knowing a single side is deadlier than knowing both."
The next bursts her frail heart, shattering it to pieces and leading her back to number one on the list of screw ups in her life. Her family, her real family, was dead or had disappeared, abandoned her as she had done then..... She see's now: they were all the same.
A tear wells in an eye and breaks free, colliding to the ocean. She was everything that she hated in them.
"Gone. I abandoned my mother, my father abandoned me without a goodbye. Those that made up the rest that were a small outcast band more of a mismatched family all died and disappeared. I haven't seen them since I was younger than you. We let each other fall apart. Do you see why it is important to keep them near, but at the same time, don't cling on too tightly for when you lose them?"
The advice altogether was difficult to purge from her mouth, leaving a bad taste in it's wake and laughing as she spills her beans.
Well, they'd both done the deed, and there was no issue in trying to cover it up.

notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,

Hidden Account
Minx

She glanced at Sikeax as she spoke again. Did the mare not realize her mother was gone. Her mother had been stolen. She couldn’t ask her why things had happened. It would be like trying to find her father. For the moment she had no lead or even a name to the face. “I don’t care about his side.” She growled, hatred lacing her tone. All she wanted was that man hurt and writhe in the same agony she felt. “I just want my mother back.” Her voice had softened by this point and displayed more hurt than anything else. So much had happened in such a short expanse of time. Her innocence was being chipped away blow by blow and she knew not how much more she could handle. The idea of being lost to cynicism and hatred frightened her. Yet, she found herself so easily caught up in thoughts of vengeance and justice.

For a moment her eyes remained focus upon the sea in front of her. But she dared to glance over at her new companion and she spotted the tear that came down the mare’s cheek. Had the huntress pressed too much? She opened her mouth to apologize, but, the mare answered instead. Both of her eyes widened as she told the tale of her broken family. He thought of everyone leaving her was too difficult to even comprehend. The thought of the Basin falling apart… impossible. No, she wouldn’t let herself fall into the same fate as this mare’s. Arya would keep her family together no matter the cost.

“I won’t ever let them go,” She said softly. “Even if I never gaze upon their faces again I won’t let them go. They are my family and my father always told me to never give up on blood.” She gazed at the mare with a bit of fire returning to her eyes. “I’m sorry what happened to your family… I hope I didn’t make you upset…”

She looked back out at the ocean, desperate to find a way to make up for her curiosity. “I can tell a story. My da always told me stories and they always make me feel better.” She offered her a weak smile.

@[Sikeax]
arya woman-kingfont color=#eebabb>arya woman-king

Eyes aren't gentle as they touch her, burrowing within her skin and drinking her sorrow with an uncontrolled thrist. Bare before the eyes of Arya, she draws herself away from gaze and cloaks the pain.
The girl is stubborn and willful to keep what she has. Loss would be hard if it ever came to shove unless she came to let go of what needed to be let go of. It was better not to love someone than to have to face the suffering, the emotional pain and the downfall that destroys all it touches. How was she not dead after all that she had done to bring it forth?
An apology swifting takes place, leading Sikeax to shake her crown with a sigh. "No, you didn't make me upset. I have a new family within the Dragon's Throat and they are more like true family than the one that birthed me."
What comes next is a shotgun shell to the heart, leaving behind a bleeding hole within her chest that is worse than any death. Amara and her, as children, had slept together upon the beach after sharing stories. Long before Sameira was born, the short, few hours before the night swallowed the Sun and took it's time in vomiting it all back up. Fate wasn't going to repeat itself if she was lucky, though living within endless night for unknown amounts of moon cycles was comforting, growing beneath low light of horn and learning to be accustomed to the glow.
A few stories never killed a soul if they didn't bring upon endless night.
"That's fine with me. My best friend and I as foals smaller than you met here and shared stories before the Night took away the Sun." Was Arya old enough to know of the darkness and macabre lifestyle that the land decided was worth wild to have once the light had faded? Her body still appeared young, and Sikeax guessed not.
Moving with a slight struggle of sea salt oiled joints, the sand hangs onto her keratin hooves and dissolves as she nears the child. "Would you like to know what it feels like to bathe in the sea while sharing stories, or does walking better suit you?" A simple question, but everyone had their preferences, and she'd still rather not step upon the toes of a child hailing from the Basin.
notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,