the Rift

the .s o u n d. of madness [open]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
Light filtered down in a soft green dappling through the thick leaves overheard. It was almost ethereal how the bright yellow-white sunlight was transformed into a gentle glow that made everything in it's path look mystical. Even the moss-covered rocks nestled in between massive tree roots looked special. Birds twittered through the trees, light and carefree. It would be the perfect setting for a mystical creature such as a unicorn - but not for this unicorn.

Psyche was fuming. Her pelt was a harsh contrast to her soft surroundings, and as she passed, it all seemed to change. The birds stopped singing, the squirrels withdrew into their nests. Even the plants seemed to shrink a little bit. But then, perhaps it was just her ego getting the best of her - not that she was paying attention. She was far to angry for that, not to mention that such simple forest animals were beneath her. But that didn't matter today. No. Today, Psyche was on a mission. She was returning to the land of Helovia, following her child who had gone on a quest for his father. Which, of course, required her to return to his presence, which would be somewhat.... difficult. Dramatic. Any number of words could describe the situation.

It wasn't that she disliked Mauja. It wasn't that at all. In fact, the very fact that she felt anything except neutrality for anyone had been what drove her away. She did not connect with others. It simply did not happen. She was above that. She made alliances based on what she could get from them. This was her mantra.

And yet, she couldn't stop a small twinge from her black heart at the thought of seeing Mauja again.

Stop, she ordered herself silently. You are here for Sno. Sno and the Plague. You are here to finish what you started. That is all. Mauja was nothing to her, unless of course he was interested in allowing her to reclaim her rightful post as the leader of the Plague. And then he was only an alliance. As it should be. Psyche shook her head, her mane, with intertwined feathers from former pegasi victims of her wrath, flopping from side to side. She picked up the pace, eager to arrive, having steeled her resolve. Granted, she was far from the Edge yet, but she would be there sooner or later. She would rejoin the herd. She would be leader of the Plague. It would happen. Psyche would make it happen.

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[ooc: Hope you don't mind me jumping in c: Also hope it's okay I posted before Lumina]

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

The tobiano mare wandering, for lack of a better word, through the forest had nothing on her kindly mind. It was very clear through her warm brown eyes that she had a kindred spirit that had no intent of harm in it, nor racism. Attractive enough with her silky coat, thick feathering, and plain but inviting face. Perhaps more breath-taking was her coat, a shimmering blue-gray splashed white. Her bald face was mostly a clean pearl color, except for a splotch of blue-slate across one dark brown eye. She paused, her gray nostrils flaring delicately as she scented the air. A low hum started in her chest, and she shut her eyes for a moment, her long lashes a brilliant white. The scent of unicorn tainted the air- well, perhaps that wasn't the word. In all ways, Tor was opposed to racism. She was the antonym of 'racist'. Her belief was that unicorns, pegasi, horses, and hybrids, were basically all the same, except for a couple of changes. Why anybody would think to hate pegasi instead of admire them for their wings was beyond Tor's mind.

As it was, unicorn scent was on the evening air. The Deep Forest was not a place Tor feared, and she paused for a moment, wondering if it would be best to pursue the possibly hostile encounter. She was well aware of the multiple rumors worming around about the World's Edge and it's racism, and Tor was also certain that the unicorn carried the bitter-sweetness of the unicorn's herd. No harm in at least checking it out, the mare decided, breaking into a brisk trot. Despite her graceful but heavy form, she was no delicate horse, and rather a clumsy one. Her form, most thinking it would be warlike as she was a Friesian cross, was incapable of the fluid movements of battle. For this reason, along with others, the mare had thought, and thought correctly, to pursue medicine and healing. She was questing at the moment, but there was nothing wrong with taking a detour through the forest. After all, I might as well check out for those Qian Paladin told me about, Tor mused, thinking back to the handsome warrior she had encountered in the Threshold.

The scent enveloped her nostrils, and she tripped, bumbling through the brush and falling onto her knees before jerking herself back up, tensed at the sign of vulnerability. She lifted her eyes, and there was the unicorn.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
[ooc: Sure, totally fine that you joined in! ^^ Lumina should be able to post this afternoon. :3]

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
The trees began to thin, giving way to a sort of small clearing. No trees grew from the center, but the branches of the trees all around provided shade to the entire area. It was quite pretty, a perfect little hideaway. Of course, Psyche didn't see it that way. To her, it was a strategic location, a murderer's hideaway. Imagine how long it would take to find a body here! She paused, looking around, almost enjoying herself now. How quickly her moods changed, when she thought she had stumbled upon something to help her cause. She smiled. That was all that mattered. Suddenly, interrupting her little reverie involving several dying Pegasi and perhaps and Equine or two, the sound of loud hoofbeats reached the black mare. Her ears pricked toward the sound as she waited with obvious irritation. Who or what could be that careless with their hooves?!

And then, into her little clearing, stumbled an Equine. Of course. That would explain the stupid, careless nature of the mare's approach. Psyche looked down on the multi-colored femme with scorn. She was so far above this stupid little - big? - mare that had stumbled across her path. She briefly contemplated attacking the creature, taking out her pent up anger and energy, the desire to do something to further her dreams, on it, but she refrained. Perhaps the Equine knew of others, or of Pegasi - for those were a far superior target. Yes, why should she waste her energy on trivial beings such as this Equine when there were larger targets? Still, she couldn't keep the arrogance from her voice. "And just who are you, and what in the world are you doing stomping about like an idiot?"

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

Tor resisted the urge to shudder at the sign of the plain, but obviously foul-tempered beast before her. There was only one way to deal with horses like her; bluff. The unicorn was black, with white socks. Her gnarled, twisted horn had a red rune at its base, and her eyes were cruel and vicious. A lesser horse may have blustered or jumped gamely into a fight, but Tor lifted her head, drawing herself up to her full height and stared down at the mare. "And just who are you, and what in the world are you doing stomping around about like an idiot?" Disgustingly rude, Tor thought to herself, stung by the insult. She had always been rather sensitive about her clumsiness.

"Excuse me, but I was travelling through the forest. It's open land here, and last time I checked, nobody owned it, unicorn or other." Tor replied coolly, careful to keep the annoyance out of her voice. She sensed this was not a unicorn to piss off, but neither one to show weakness before. Her nostrils flared, drinking in the scent of rage hovering about the unicorn. The mare's eyes narrowed as she took in the multi-colored feathers and equine teeth strewn about the unicorn's mane. A wave of illness swept through her stomach; who in hell was this unicorn?

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
Hmph. Gutsy, this one, the ebony unicorn thought sourly, but with an ounce of grudging respect. This mare, though clearly clumsy and not so bright, to be challenging Psyche, was brave, and this deserved at least a bit of witty banter. She really should be educated as to who Psyche was, though. The femme's amber eyes gleamed as she smiled, none too sweetly, at the tobiano before her. Psyche sensed the mare's unease, but then, who wouldn't be uneasy, gazing at the trophies woven into her silky mane? But she did not sense fear yet, and this was what she desired. She was crawling back to Helovia, practically with her tail between her legs. She was angry, and she wanted to be seen for who she truly was - a racist, murdering, power-hungry unicorn.

"You may be right," Psyche replied, her voice colder than the other femme's, though it had taken on a smooth, coy tone. "Last I heard, this land was unclaimed..." A pause, a quick look around, as though claiming with her eyes. "But then, perhaps that should change." And it was true, too. Psyche firmly believed that she should own all of Helovia, that it should all be under her rule. That equines like this one ought to be wiped out, or perhaps subservient. After all, what could this gentle giant do to defend herself? The tobiano may be bigger, but Psyche was bloodthirsty, and learned in the ways of killing. She took note of the mare's gaze on her trophies. "Do you like them?" she cackled, shaking her head and sending her prizes flying.

As they settled against her nape once more, Psyche smiled her most smug smirk and waited - surely the mare would run off in fear. Perhaps this would be better - she would bring word of the appearance of a black unicorn with a black soul, blazing amber eyes and a gnarled horn, out for vengeance and out to get the lower species of the world. Her story would become a story mothers used to scare their children into behaving, a story that would shock and strike fear into the hearts of the world. If they knew her, they would fear for her return, and if they didn't... well, if they didn't, they would quickly come to fear her. What a nice afternoon this was turning out to be.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
[ooc:] Psyche can bite her or kick her. You can roleplay her actually hitting Tor. If you like... I'm sure Psyche would like too :)

The mare half-closed her eyes, hiding the rage building up behind her silver white lids. The mare smiled, amber eyes glowing savagely. "You may be right. Last I heard, this land was unclaimed. But then, perhaps that should change." Those chilling amber eyes flitted around. The words coming from her mouth was a like a serpent- smooth and glistening, but filled with venom and terrible danger. What does she mean by that? A chill ran through Tor's body.The unicorn's eyes snatched up as Tor looked again at her mane, wondering darkly how the black mare had gained the items, and a wicked smile came over the horned horse's lips. "Do you like them?" The jibe stung Tor, and she had to focus on not taking a step back as Psyche shook her mane, sending the teeth clattering against the muscled black neck.

For a moment, Tor sought for a good jibe back, but instead had to settle for more quiet words. "The Deep Forest is too vast except for the strongest and largest of herds. Unfortunately, you are clearly not a herd of your own. And as for your... decor, I do not care for them, but how you came across them." The gray tobiano's lips curled in disgust, and she hooded her brown eyes again.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
[OOC: I'm sure she'll like that very much! ^^]

It wasn't that she was particularly interested in the land. Thickly wooded terrain was not particularly likeable, in her opinion. They were difficult to invade and difficult to defend. The offered far too many hiding places for the enemy. There was far too much annoying chatter from the squirrels and twittering from the birds. So many distractions, and yet, everything was the same. But, clearly, the worst part about the deep forest was how easily the enemy can sneak up on you. All they had to do was stay downwind. They didn't even have to be quiet - think of how close this painted mare had gotten, and she was trampling about like she had nothing to fear!

Well, Psyche would show her. A satanic gleam entered her amber eyes, a slow smile spreading across her maw. And she began to walk, a slinking circle along the edge of the little clearing, a circle centered on the tobiano. "Ah... well, now, how did I come by these little trinkets?" A cackling laugh burst forth. "Perhaps you would understand if you had a horn. Do you have any idea how simply inferior you are in comparison to my race? No, of course you don't." Her circle was growing smaller. "I suppose everyone has told you how all the races are equal. How you're no better or worse than anyone else." Her voice took on a sarcastic, stinging quality. She had circled to where she could look the mare in the eye as she spoke softly, menacingly: "They. Are. Wrong."

Psyche took a lunging step forward, her haunches now even with the Equine's shoulder, and swung her hips upwards, lashing out hard with her back legs, hoping to open a gash along the femme's shoulder. Quickly swinging her legs down, she darted around so that she could watch her newfound victim, try to block her if she ran. She was panting slightly with a mixture of excitement and need - it had been so long since she'd made any headway with demolishing the Equine race. She'd been so caught up in Mauja, and then in Sno - how could she have let them get in the way with this. Adrenaline, pure pleasure, filled the Unicorn's body, and she led out a shrieking laugh.

"One feather each!" she screamed maniacally, "One feather each for each Pegasus I've killed! One tooth each for each Equine!" Another high, piercing laugh. "Shall you be my next?" She had now resumed her circle, amber orbs glowing hungrily, her walk now jerky, halting as she held herself back from another attempted hit. She would relish this fight, would take things slowly. It would be even more fun if the mare tried to run. This stumbling, bumbling giant in the deep forest? One misstep and she'd be dead. Psyche's lithe form would easily dodge through the trees, leap over obstacles. Triumph emanated from her pores, watching the tobiano's every move, waiting for her next opportunity to strike.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable
[ooc: Tor leaves the thread after this post]

She's crazy. Absolutely crazy. Tor thought, taking a nervous pace back. A sleek, cruel smile slipped over the unicorn's mouth. Slowly, with a cocky ease, the plain femme began to walk, circling Tor. "Ah... well now, how did I come by these little trinkets? Perhaps you would understand if you had a horn. Do you have any idea how simply inferior you are in comparison to my race? No, of course you don't." The circle tightened up around the Friesian cross. She tossed her head, brown eyes growing in size as the black femme's voice took on a hard, stinging tone. "They. Are. Wrong." The circle was cut suddenly, with the brutal mare's haunches even to Tor's shoulder. Moving faster than Tor had ever possibly expected, the mare who was known as Psyche lashed out with her hind legs, carving two hoofprints in Tor's white shoulder. Screeching, Tor leaped to the side, ears pinned to her gray skull. The black mare swung around, blocking Tor's forward movement.

Tor jerked back, her muscles tightening in anticipation of danger. A crazy, chaotic laugh chattered from the stranger's mouth. "One feather each! One feather each for each pegasus I've killed! One tooth each for each equine! Shall you be next?" A deep sense of horror trilled inside Tor's white chest. Nostrils flaring, her brown eyes flitted. She seemed to swell with fury, growing bigger in size. She took one step towards the small horse.

"You are being very foolish. Leave. Me. Go now, before you do something more stupid than before. I will seek out Mauja, and I'm certain, even if he is as racist as you clearly are, he will side in that you have put his operations in risk, if they exist. I will find the Qian. I will side with them. You have been more of a bumbling idiot than I have been." Tor's lips curled distastefully, her eyes glowing with rage. Tor backed up, hooves precise and hitting the ground with a quiet thump. Tossing her head one last time, she paused, waiting for a reply. Then, the tobiano would flee, racing to any sign cluing to safety.

"blah blah blah."
move move move
think think think

TOR

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil
You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

My work here is done. A malicious smile, matching the glinting amber eyes, spread across the ebony mare's maw. She could smell the tobiano's fear, and she soaked it up, relishing in it. How she loved the power that this gave her, the heady rush of adrenaline in her veins. Even the anger of the painted femme did not scare her, despite the fact that she was much larger in size than Psyche. Indeed, a snicker worked its way from the Unicorn's throat as she pranced in place, clearly pleased with herself. It was all fun and games - until Mauja was mentioned.

Eyes narrowed. A new feeling replaced her exhilaration of moments before: anger. "Don't you dare speak of Mauja as if you know him," she hissed, auds pinned flat against her nape as she stalked closer to the fae. "Listen to yourself, you fool. Don't you know that he allows none but the horned to enter his herd? Why do you think that is?" She waited now, wanting to see her words sink in. A comment about the Qian - something that Psyche had not heard of previously - was not lost on the mare, but she was blinded by fury. The Qian was a question for a later time, for another being. Thoughts of pursuing the femme who was clearly so eager to leave had vanished - now Psyche simply wanted her out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind, they say. Not true for the dark one - no one who scorned her was ever out of her mind. She would carry a vendetta for this paint, that was for sure.

She took advantage of her pause, studying the mare's bulky form, the splotches of ebony and white, committing the attributes to her memory. "Leave. Now," Psyche spat, never the first to turn away. She would solve this problem. She would go to Mauja herself. Surely he had not turned to weaker ways. No, his hatred for the inferiors was too strong for that - wasn't it? Yes, it was, and Psyche would go to him and prove it. There were other days for this femme - she would be one of those who would be killed in months to come, as Psyche purged the land. But for now, she would live. If only she would leave.

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche