the Rift

[OPEN] Fortune (Herd Meeting)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I stood on the slanted grey rock, looking North at a cluster of trees. Wondering how far it was to the icy ocean which lay just beyond our land. Tis high noon, comfortably warm when presented with a full sun. But today the sky is a patchy white, often delighting in covering yon warmth. Fina sits on my patched rear with a dwarfed, pale version of herself close at heel. Both are pruning their feathers, though Fina is spending the majority of her time showing Neve how to do the task. Something that seems to be redundant and mundane to a child.

They take turns prodding each other before Neve finally grows beyond bored, a shrill whistle erupts from her feathered breast. Their squabbling is cut off when I cry, "Come, brethren of the Falls." Vocals rumble, rising high above the trees as the wind carries it forth. The trumpeting deepness of my tone sends Neve scuttling to my nape, burrowing within feathers and mane. Her alabaster body is gaining length, she no longer easily hides behind the swath. I smile and glance her way, trying to be soothing, "Don't fret, all is well." She pokes her head out and stares toward me with big, round, grey eyes that almost look black when encased in shadow. "My-dis" she hums, smiling, "na, ell"

"Aye," I whisper, while Fina looks on. Caught between feeling amused and perturbed. Herd meetings are close to the top of her list of dislikes, with general socializing claiming the number one spot.

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

The season had changed and that meant the time for meetings had come. Ghost had never been overly fond of such affairs, even now when she was the one co-hosting them they were terribly dull and left her feeling exposed whilst she stood in front of so many. At least this time the banshee felt as if she knew a few of them a little better than once she had and felt a little less inadequate. Either way, whether they grew to like her or not, those who would stand before her now trusted her to keep them safe and safe she would try keep them. She wondered how many of the faces who stood in their family knew of the murders, what if one of them was the murderer? The notion was intriguing and frightening at the same time, it might even be someone she knew well. Pushing aside the disturbing hypotheses, Ghost travelled until she found Midas upon the rock which she had stood upon last time to be crowned, her footsteps quiet as she pulled up alongside the immortal being.

"Hail, Ascended one" her honeyed voice greeted him by his new title as she nodded to his two bird like companions as well. It had taken Ghost a while to become used to her new role and in that time she had talked little with the Czar who lead at her side. Perhaps it was time they conversed a little about their slowly growing family and finally get around to understanding one another more. Though the banshee was sure in all his glittering gold and hidden armour, through the words of the Earth God, he was probably the soul of honour and bravery. The kind that was meant to be in legend. How did one achieve such a personality?

A back foot came up to rest as she looked out across the rolling green and crashing falls. "Is everything well?" She asked of the Gallant whilst waiting for the herd to gather.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Morning songs had long faded into the colored haze of pre-dawn leaving the world quite sullen and empty. The quiet was like a sickness that weighed heavy on Essetia’s heart as she ambled along the borders of the Falls with no particular destination in mind. Romul swayed in her wake but did little to interact with his companion for other things occupied his studious mind. As of late the pair had drifted, as sometimes they were ought to do, but there was no doubt they would come back together when things had settled. With Essetia’s new position and Romul’s assimilation into their new home, each animal sought to deal with the many complexities that life presented them separately. However, when a vaguely familiar note breaks awkwardly through the symphony of their daily routine, both mare and wolf paused to look at each other curiously.

Herd Leader?” Romul questioned . Essetia didn’t reply at first but instead traced the sound northbound. “I guess we’ll find out when we get there,” she finally acknowledged hopefully. The soft sounds of wolven footfall turned the mare’s gentle ears back as the pair treaded toward what they deemed “the unknown.” There were yet inexperienced members of the Falls but would certainly learn to place important faces, fall into the appropriate pecking order. However, Essetia was unsure how obliging she would be, as she had only met a few vague eyes and nameless intentions. “Stop worrying, we okay.” Romul soothed.

Essetia allowed herself to steal a glance at her companion before smiling openly at the golden eyes peering back. “Yes… yes we are,” she agreed. With the sun hanging high overhead and the soft rays warming their backs, it was easy for Essetia to imagine just how casual such an ambiguous meeting would be. Perhaps she would see Elsa and Rostislav. Perhaps they would welcome her into their company once more and she would stretch her figurative legs and relax in their shadow. However, the Falls always proved to uncover new and exciting things for her; she was now their Sleuth after all…

Upon locating the intermingling of familiar scents, Romul pushed ahead of the mare before leading her into the company of what appeared to be both herd leads. However, her jaw worked tightly beneath the flesh of her cheek as she recognized the painted stallion she’d met during her first patrol as a warrior. He had failed to mention the integral role he played within the ranks of the Hidden Falls but Essetia could only assume he’d had much bigger things to occupy his time than dealing with the likes of her. Ghost, the Czarina, stood near the large golden-tipped boy and she smiled openly at the mare before nodding solemnly to her counterpart. “Good day to you both,” she murmured softly.

Now she had only to wait...

With Romul perched indignantly at her shoulder, the mare calmed and settled effortlessly into the solitude of her thoughts.
Credits

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
K
I
P
L
I
N
G
Time had passed slowly since Kipling’s arrival at the Hidden Falls. While his mind teemed with brilliant adventures and extraordinary feats of heroism with which to impress his new herd, his body stubbornly refused to cooperate. Although he was eager to explore his home and beyond, he often found himself unusually tired and listless. He would prepare himself each morning for some newly conceived excursion, but by mid-day, all he could think about was finding some sheltered place to doze off for a few hours.

It was all the hangover from his treacherous journey to Helovia during the harsh Frostfall months. Young Kipling had not understood the toll that solitary travel would take on his body. While he travelled, from day to day he had not noticed any remarkable changes. Now, in hindsight, with ample time to properly assess his condition, he was struck by the sunken depressions that once stored muscle and the dullness of his coat that used to shine like a copper coin. Even his metallic, spiralled horn felt strangely brittle. Grudgingly, he quelled his wanderlust and allowed himself to rest and regain strength, never traveling much beyond the safety of the meadow.

As Kipling impatiently shuffled pine needles to prepare his afternoon bed, his drowsiness was interrupted by a booming call. His head snapped upright and his ears pricked forward alertly. Brethren of the Falls? Wait… That’s me! With his thoughts still slow from near-sleep, he could not fathom the faintest idea of what the voice wanted. Nonetheless, it resounded with an authority that could not be ignored, and it promised a welcome break from the mundane routine he had succumbed to. His heart pounded with anticipation as he spurred himself into an unwilling canter; the gait had grown awkward with its recent disuse, but he was pleasantly surprised by how quickly he could cover ground once he was moving. Soon, the gathered souls at the rock came into sight.

He stumbled to a stop awkwardly, trying to disguise his heavy breathing with an oversized smile. Between his physical tiredness and the unplanned exertion, his mind could not be bothered to process the various faces around him. Instead, he announced breathlessly, “I’m a brethren… Yes… Hello, brethren.” As an afterthought, he wheezed, “I’m Kipling.”
Image Credit
Code by Sevin

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

Call. I was called forth, as was the rest of the herd. Yes. I should go. My pace quickened, glad to finally be healed and able to flex as was necessary to make my steps light and airy. The vibrations were strong today, the wind lower and not messing with the gentle roar of the waterfalls that were so vibrant around me. I had learned how to negotiate across this terrain which was hazy in the image my mind had conjured.

It was once I felt the other frames that I forced myself to stop moving, taking my place just behind the line of horses. I was not important, so the back would be my place for the time being. "Sir Midas." I said, bowing my head down as a sign of respect for the Galliant who was one of the few reasons I still held loyalties to these lands.

But, just what was the reason that we needed to be called forth? And where was that unicorn mare who stood by his side? It was strange, indeed, though I didn't doubt he would bring this all to light given the time. So, I settled in my own section of the open field and awaited instructions from my ever valiant leader. Should I be called forth for his purposes… I would try my best to assist him. After all, there did not seem to be many of his old home and family left in these lands.

Though, maybe he had created his new family since then. Maybe that was the one thing I'd yet to do - too afraid to be judged as I had many times before. Thick skin I may have, it takes a toll on an already hurt soul. I would find a new family later. For now, Midas and Alleo were all that I really needed.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

'Do I have to go?' I plead with Damaris in my mind, looking over at her with the best puppy dog face I can manage. It's no match for the hound, who is actually canine. She scowls at me and snaps at my legs, propelling me forward. 'Yes, you must go!' She barks back at me. 'Midas is big boss!' I know she is right, but that doesn't make me like it any better. I pout and let her move me toward the herd meeting that Midas has called. I can't imagine that anyone is a fan of herd meetings, least of all the leaders that must call them. Of course, I realize they are a necessity. General updates and news and good fun like that. But so often they are so booooring and I'd rather be doing other things like sleeping, or.. 'Kiara?!' The hellhound whispers in my mind slyly.

I shoot her an indecipherable look and remain silent. Yes... I did tap that. Quite recently. I was enjoying the high of it while relaxing under the shade of a tree when the meeting was called. As much as I enjoy the company of Midas and Ghost - really I do - I'd rather enjoy the postcoital glow usually associated with females. But here I am, making my way toward the meeting. I wonder if Kiara will make it here as well. We separated for a bit after our bit of fun... I feel a small pang of concern. Perhaps it was rude of me to leave her... though it wasn't as if I didn't stay for quite a bit.

A few have gathered before my arrival, standing near Ghost and Midas who are positioned near each other. I have heard rumors of an honor being bestowed upon Midas. I assume that such an honor, if stories are true, will be addressed here. I stand silently next to Ciceron, my second in command. My eyelids droop, and I rest a hind hoof. Damaris sends waves of disapproval through our bond, but doesn't pester me. She lies down next to me, keeping a watchful eye. I will rouse myself when all the important stuff starts to happen.

WC: 365

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
In recent days Africa had grown tired of hiding herself away from the glare of strange eyes and their whispering, gossiping tongues. Every night still she slept beneath the mountain, wrapped in dense rock and blanketed snugly in heavy shadow, but as the sun lifted from its eastern nest beneath the cliffs every day, her soul was stirred to life by the promise of another day; another beginning, a clean slate. Her disposition had been swayed from the perpetual downward spiral of recent years, gloom and self-pity; hooves stepped higher since her heart had been relieved of such devouring anxiety, and young eyes shone with new hope and direction.

On this day, even despite the white streamers threatening the ambience of the bright blue sky, the Starry-Eyed slipped from her prison cell bed with a bounce to her gait and began at once up the worn track to the region’s central grassland. Far above her, the obsidian profile of her companion sailed silently aboard heavenly thermals, watching always, for the sake of his tender-hearted beloved’s safety.

As she went, there came word upon the wind a summoning call for all of the horses of Hidden Falls to assemble. The owner of the voice was unmistakable, and carried brilliantly between rock and tree, lifting further still than the steady roar of the falls dotted throughout his realm. Long ears fluttered forward to bask in the glorious sound, and path shifted slightly to follow - not solely to obey the instruction given... Minutes later she was closing on the rear of a group gathered, and she hesitated shyly. Few faces were recognised, and only two offered comfort.

Soft golden tones invited her forward again, and whiskered muzzled reached to brush the warmth of Rasta who had not breeched the main body of the assembled herd. Deliberately, in that same moment she sought a stone to skip with a careful beige hoof so as not to startle her sister of old. "It’s just me..." she whispered lightly, and moved to stand close – there was not the same revolting heat that compelled bodies apart from one another in the desert. To Midas ahead Africa offered a humble smile and she tilted her slim face so that silky grey forelock might swing away to the side and offer a clearer view of the proceedings (she knew not who the Unipeg beside him was, though her position amongst the meeting hinted power).
Africa

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

I moved uncomfortably toward the small group, ears tilted back and cold eyes watching from behind a veil of white. So, you know, I look no different than usual. The first face that I focus on is Ghosts', her dark ribs shielded by those brightly-fringed feathers. Something in my stomach lurches at the idea of her standing next to Golden Boy rather than Seele nearly every time I see her; but I find a strange comfort in the mare, knowing that she is one of the few I clearly remember being a part of our family. I want to sigh and drop my head at the thought of what the Asylum had been, and now is. Where had Eris and Seele gone, anyway? The Blood Queen had likely ran off with her lesbian lover, Circuits, but where Clown Face had gone has stumped me.

Why would she just leave us?

I remember going to Illynx in the bitter cold, needing to vent to someone who wasn't a part of this shit show; I also remember how the snot felt thawing from my nostrils. Ugh, very unpleasant. Still, I had been strong enough to make it there and back in a matter of only a couple of days without freezing into a meatsicle, so that was kind of nice to gloat about to myself for a couple of days. But, really, why had I even come back here?

I fall back into the present, standing quietly to the far right of the runner-up to Oxy, Ross.. What's his actual name, Rostislav? I don't think I've heard his name directly announced for quiet some time. I ignore him, still ashamed pissed off about the last time we had a meeting on that godforsaken slab of rock in the sky. Laced snout turns on a palomino woman and instantly I narrow my brows, lips tightening simultaneously. I want her hair.

Now my eyes are stuck on this woman's shiny, glorious hair. I can only imagine what I'd look like blond rather than... silver, I guess? I'd still look good. With that thought, I glance down at my legs, inspecting myself for any splashed mud or filth that I may need to clean.

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I'm wishing, wishing further.

When I arrived, I felt flustered and nervous. I was always late, because it seemed I heard news last. As soon as I heard there was a meeting I made my way to the Falls, but I got side tracked and once again I was late. at least the day was pleasant. The sky was clear and a most beautiful blue. A slight breeze danced through the budding trees, and birds chirped and small animals rushed about. Spring was here.

When I at last arrived at what seemed to be where the meeting was, it looked like I was last to arrive (of course). I gazed around nervously; I felt completely out of my depth. I've never seen anyone but Midas here. I assumed the dark horse beside him was the other leader, I've heard of her. I believed she was called Ghost. The mix of horses were odd; all different. I should really spend more time at the falls instead of just wondering off.

It was a time where berries and herbs grew; a wonderful time for gathering, but I had no knowledge of the plants here. I still wanted someone to teach me, but it felt as if there was nobody around. Ever.

I sought to climb the ladder as a healer and learn more. Maybe one day I'd be good enough to work alongside the little Medic, Kiara. Come to think of it, I never saw her around anymore. But I believed someone already took the spot next to her...I just had no idea who. But in the meantime I could move up to Medicus, and maybe one day a spot would open up to be a Medic.

I then shut off my thought train and focused on our leaders, waiting to hear them out. Herd meeting were so uneventful.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;;
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Much, nearly too much had happened in the wake of the last few days. Not only had a musically inclined otter given her the gift of eternal winter, but she was now feeling incredibly hormonal and fat. It wasn't an obnoxious fat, but her sides had distended enough to catch her attention in the past few weeks. There was a lurking feeling in her mind that it wasn't for overeating, but she couldn't bring herself to admit it. Lord knows that if she was pregnant... how would she handle it? Most importantly how would Oxy handle it. She loved him and all, but he was not the type she would peg to be all that fatherly. At least there was a chance... it was still too early to tell, right?

So when the call of an all too familiar Midas rang throughout the Falls she groaned. She was quite comfortable on the ground, and with her current state she wasn't exactly ready to stand before a crowd to talk should she be asked. Yet again, another change of plans. Slowly she pushed herself off the ground, it was awkward and much less graceful than it used to be. She'd normally fly to something like this but god dang, her wings were sore. With an irritated sigh she began her journey, the only thing keeping her from walking back to sleep was the fact that she had her own personal flurry. Without that, she'd easily melt back into a coma-like state.

Edgar too, at least joined her mid-way on her journey. His little claws latching onto the mane just between her ears. He was still just a baby.. and oh god.. how can she deal with another? It was her thoughts that kept jumping back to that conclusion, but how? The first time she was no where near pregnant and got through all of the season without a single complaint. Now, she felt like she'd been hit by a truck and asked to walk a tightrope across a gaping chasm. At this point she'd just like to fall off of it.

So when she reached the little gathering, she went no further than the treeline. Should Midas and Ghost need to see her, she was visible, but otherwise would hide from the rest of them. Ahead she could see some familiar faces; Rostislav, Agrona, Essetia and Kirah but none she wished to converse with at that moment. A little anger brewed within her when she didn't see him. If she had to drag her butt here, so should he. So, with a flick of her tail, she continued to snow, with nothing but the company of herself and Edgar, who now was sleeping quietly.

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
K
I
A
R
A

When the all to familiar feeling of her stomach growing larger than normal arrived, Kiara knew exactly what was going on. With a sigh, she resigned herself to become a mother one more time. At least this time, the act had been well.... Self pleasing. Rostislav was different than the others. Even drunk as she had been well, she couldn't deny she wanted to be closer to him.

Keiran rolled his eyes, irritated as his bonded mused about her most recent lover.... Well only lover really. If you could call him a lover at all. More like loved and left... But Kiara didn't see it that way since they lived in the same herd. Plus, he had not forced her. It had just happened. Oh the things he wished he could not of seen from his bonded. Both past and present. At least she was happy for now, even if she was not thrilled to be a mother again.

While they rested together near the herb garden the call rang out. "Come, brethren of the Falls." Ah Midas. Why when she was so comfortable on the ground did he have to call. With a grunt the red roan stood. Her panther moved beside her as they headed off to the meeting.

They were one of the later arrivals, arrving just after Elsa who the Medic noted was also looking a bit more round than normal. Perhaps she would seek her out later to question... Maybe not. Her green eyes then fell on Rostislav... Her heart raced, wondering if she should move to stand beside the father of her unborn child or not. Keiran however was going to make sure there was no doubt that everyone knew who's child the Medic was not carrying. He strolled right over, sitting just off to the side of Rostislav. He purred softly, letting both the Legatus and his bonded know they had arrived. With a sigh Kiara moved forward, taking her place beside her companion. She glanced slightly to the side and shyly smiled. No need to be shy now. You slept with him already. Keiran spoke in her mind. With a snort she looked at him. Yes, but the entire herd doesn't need to know. He glared. You know just as well as I do, they will know soon enough. With a sigh the Medic turned her attention to the meeting, wondering why Midas had called them all there.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Adelis Posts: 33
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: Seven
Nevada

>> ADELIS <<

The voice that she barely knew but would always remember calls the herd together for her first meeting. Eventually the dull woman finds herself seated along the edge of the quickly gathering group, her eyes averted from anyone else's gaze. Her chest rose and fell quicker than normal, anxiety filling her scrawny body by the second. Most of the faces belonged to those who the rag doll had seen before simply passing by within the walls of the homeland, but she knew close to none of their names. Cyan eyes peer up from behind a black veil, secretly looking for anyone she could hide beside.. to blend in with the crowd even more than she already did.

Finally, she finds the gentle face of the medic who could control the earth - Kiara - but also failed to remember the blanketed woman's name, as well as that of her companion's. The Appy moved into the crowd to the side a man with ghastly eyes and a pair of twisted, gnarly antlers sprouting from his large skull. The confidence to speak up and call for the healer shriveled until it disintegrated into a pile of make-believe ash. Something about the stallion with the canine lying between himself and a thick, gray man made her heart crawl up her throat.

So, instead, she remained silent; words of admiration never to be heard by the caring woman who had rushed to her aid. Now focusing on her increased pulse, curious eyes scout out no more faces, but instead fall back to the green earth. She remembers numerous voices telling her to eat, and they came from the mouths of concerned strangers every time. Had she not gained weight yet? The winter was harsh on the emaciated mare, and very little - if any - weight had been put on.. even if that weight was slowly falling off as the climate grew warmer once again. The insecure brutt dips her ripped cheek into her shoulder, her breathing back under control after a bit of work.

"Speech"

"I DISMEMBERED A MILLION FLOWER PETALS
AND YOU STILL DIDN'T LOVE ME."
- J.F.P.

Please tag me in all replies, ♥ 

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

The call that comes from home is one that can not be ignored despite how much one would want to. With all of the confusing drama going on the last thing he needed was yet another twist to really set things into a tailspin. After much prodding to wake his rather stubborn partner in crime their feet finally tread back onto familiar ground. Midas stands before them all with Ghost by his side to call a meeting of unknown circumstances. Having arrived much later than he would have prefered he walks in as quietly and inconspicuous as possible to stand next to Rosti who as usual seems to be in his dazed stupor. Come to think of it had he ever really known him to be sober or without the flask taped to his side? Things were how they were regardless of the fact so there was no use wasting brain cells on the matter.

Cringing as Kiara's claws grazed into the flesh of his back momentarily he turned his head to glare at her as she finally settled herself into a comfy position upon his back. Bemused yet completely unperturbed by the discomfort she had caused she chuffed softly her apologies. Rolling his eyes with a slight shake of his head he decided to leave it alone for there was really no harm done. Turning his head towards Midas once more he waited quietly to hear what all was to be said. Was this about the murders that had been happening? Perhaps something more had come to light in his brief absent daze. It sure would be nice if the killer had been caught and brought to justice for the cold blooded killings.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: Worst post in awhile but wanted to throw something up. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I had come late to the meeting, but hark, I was here. I saw Rostislav first. I remembered his comment about rendezvousing and I figured saying yes to that request was harmless. Was the date still set? After all, I was still pretty new here and I had probably only seen about half of this fairytale land. I wondered if he would show me the rest of if I'd have to find another tour guide. At first, I thought I would walk up and halt next to him, but upon seeing another mare nab the spot next to him, I decided I wasn't going to stand with him. I figured he was taken, and I didn't want to cross his mate, that would be bad. I began closing in on the meeting when I see the grey stag I spared steal Rostislav's other spot. I hadn't really ever seen a homosexual couple and I had already assumed the pungent smelling stallion was mates with the mare. This, I choose to stand next to the stallion I had onced danced with on the battle field.

I flicked my head towards him and smiled a greeting. My attention was turned once more at Midas, who had called this meeting. Wondering what it was like to lead, I began to get lost in thought. Midas was a crafter and could fight, I had witnessed him do both before. Dressed with scars, I was not. I hadn't gotten any permanent injuries from our spar. I sought to speak with him once more. I have been feeling the pull of my crafting element, but I didn't know how to command it to do what I wanted. I wasn't sure what I had to do to activate it. Seeking to learn, I knew I would have to focus my energy into this task, but I had a rank that came with great responsibilities. When was the last time I had spoken to the Earth God? Would he have anything new to say? Would he be mad I hadn't called him sooner? Should I bring someone from my murder mystery group? Perhaps I would speak to him of this darkness? Would he have more to say?
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Ghost arrived with all the confidence her position demanded. I felt she'd become a reliable lead over the past month...a suitable replacement. It was good that yon spy took change with surprising ease,(at least by all appearance on the outside,) because inside our souls we fought demons. Tis the curse of being a ruler, and claiming a mantel suited for kings.

Now that Seele was...gone. I looked to her most trusted kin with renewed respect. "Hail, sister." She calls me by the title our gods granted. It serves to remind me of my position and unyielding endurance; gifted from their combined powers. Had my choice been misguided by dreams of grandeur? Only time would say, and time was at its most plentiful.

The dark one asks if everything was well, I'm silent for a moment. Gilden stare posed toward the trees, "Nar, there is news I bring, it shadows my heart." Somberly my crown falls forward, "I pray ye has better tidings about the murderer." Fina sighed and fluffed her breast as the clan began to trail in. A bay girl, known to me as the one favored by Earth and gifted as such. I return her nod and whisper, "To ye as well."

The vibration of pounding feet and noise of someone thrusting past the shrubbery follow her entrance. A breathless fellow comes into view. Momentary concern raises my head as ears press forward and a tight line is setting firm across my jaw. Though the moment I catch sight of his huge grin and nervous excitement the display is enough to tug a small grin across my lips and relax a rigid pose, "Aye, Kipling, welcome."

Rasta comes along, unencumbered by her mate or guide. How said girl managed to get around as effectively as she did was a mystery. "Rasta, good to see ye. Where is Alleo?" I'd not seen the fellow for many moons. My Legatus follows, trailed by Africa and Silas. Honeyed stare lingers on the dappled healer for a moment longer than needed. It was no secret that my heart was pleased to see her still among us. Fina remains surprisingly silent as Neve whistles an offtune song. I straighten and force my attention to others. They mill in rather swifty, some lingering in their accustomed positions toward the rear, others grouping with kin.

When a suitable number had gathered, I tap my foot to the grey slat below our toes and call attention to the hushed mass, "Welcome," voice boomed. Gilded stare passes over the group, allowing them a moment to settle. Silence. "Our clan has inherited a new sister," focus travels to her, "She stands as a Medic for Hidden Falls," tone softens but loses no volume, "I present Africa to ye."

Another moment of quiet. "Dragons Throat is now seeking the guidance from Gaucho and his mate Sohalia -- I have secured their allegiance." The dragon folk were among those I trusted most in this land, "I encourage all to take advantage of this; be it sharing knowledge, crafts or battle skill."

The sour part of my announcements was yet to come. I took a breath, and try to swallow sudden tightness, "Ye might have heard a rumor on the wind," yar, tis hard to work my tongue in a desert dry mouth, "Seele vanished a few months prier to Frostfall setting in." I have to tell them; there are those among us that would never know otherwise. "It is with a heavy heart that I announce her death." Those weeks I spent healing were suddenly not enough to branch the gaps of pain that reaps sadness. "Those who wish to discuss the details of her passing, may meet with me later."

Where was her sister? "Ghost," I was thankful to be done with my side of the announcements, "What news do the spies bring regarding murders in Helovia?"

@[ghost]

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

She was late. Very very late. Her hooves were thundering forward as she worked her way through the rocky hills and to the grassy center, where all the fellow herd members were gathered before their leaders. She skidded to a halt silently, keeping herself in the back and looking over each creature before her. Some were familiar and others were not, most of them not. Her eyes slipped to that of Africa, the dappled damsel, keeping close to apparently another friend of hers, and seeming to feel much better.

Her ear flicked over to the other one she had met, Rostislav. Standing there looking very bored, she couldn't help but feel his pain. She was about to join him at his side when she finally took notice of the red roan at his side, seeming to shyly take in his presence with a slightly swollen belly. Oh, so he had a lover. Maybe just a one night stand, who knows. She ignored the sudden jab in her stomach, and finally turned her attention to Midas, keeping her gaze locked on his gold one, as she just caught the words of someone's passing.

She had no idea who Seele was, but she wasn't going to be disrespectful, and so she only nodded, remaining calm and paying attention to anymore announcements. She didn't know how Seele had affected the herd and how they were going to react, but she was simply going to remain quiet, slowly pushing more of her weight onto one hind hoof and taking this time to take in all that was her herd.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 265
Tag:
OOC: So sorry for the late post! Have very limited internet access! Also apologies for the awful post.}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

She watches as the Gallant drops his head, an action that was accompanied with sombre words that spoke ill of the news he brought. Ghost said nothing to that and decided to wait for him to bring it up when everyone had gathered; perhaps it was too unkind to ask him to speak of it twice. Though her mind gnawed to know what information he brought. He mentioned the murder topic and Ghost regrettably shook her head, before she might have been excited by the prospect of hunting down such a killer. However, now she had so many souls to look out for, all it brought was sleepless nights and constant worry that the next strike might be in their very territory. Ghost, the once emotionally void and socially none-existent, was experiencing what it was like to have responsibility hanging over ones head. To say the least, it wasn’t her favourite part of leadership. ”Afraid not” she responded to him simply, a sigh lacing through her words.

From then on, the rest of the herd gathered and Ghost took a moment to regard each individual. ”Essetia” she greeted her successor warmly, the child would do well, she was sure. A stud heaved his way into the gathering and announced himself as Kipling, Ghost offered him an amused nod and did a quick survey of his overall appearance before moving on. Many more appear, some she recognized and some she didn’t, in the small amount of time the banshee had she attempted to memorize the faces of her family before Midas began the meeting.

Proceedings began with promotions and Ghost offered an approving deep nod to the newly appointed Medic who was to stand beside Kiara, her name was Africa. With the herd slowly growing in number, the Cadaverous was glad of the one winged mare that came along just in time to tend to the growing population. An eyebrow rose, however, when Ghost learned that the identity of the new Throat leader was Gaucho. That well muscled hot shot with the strange accent?! She couldn’t quite imagine it, but stored the information away with a surprised snort. The last news that Midas delivered sent a strange emotion through Ghost. Sadness. Seele was perhaps one of very few who was classed under fond in the heart of the Cadaverous. They had never quite spoke to each other on terms of friends, but there personalities had been so similar that they simply just got on with each other. For a moment, Ghost cast her head downwards with her eyes becoming tight with pain, keeping the image of the Necromancer clear in her mind before letting her go. She would ask Midas after about what happened to their former Czarina. Cruel, that life wouldn’t let you know how much you cared about someone until silence fell over the heart.

Her name was spoken and the banshee took a deep breath, shaking off her sorrow to bravely face the masses before her. She needed to fill those hoof prints left by Seele now and whilst she rested in the ground, her time here moved on. ”In order to gather information one must have somewhere to deliver it to, the one who fills this role is a spy who can manipulate and defend their herd without making a sound. Until now the position of Sleuth has been left vacant-“ she paused, searching the crowds until her shrouded gaze fell upon a bay mare from earlier. ”Essetia has risen to this task and now stands beside you as both family and Sleuth. Congratulations” she offered the girl an encouraging nod. The position would be what she made of it as long as the information and the stealth’s got dealt with, Ghost would approve of whatever way Essetia decided to adapt herself to the role. ”Along with the Throat herd we may seek more future alliance, the Worlds Edge has been a long time friend I think it is time we renewed this close tie.” She informed, though her own thoughts were torn over this for both wider and personal reasons, though she would follow Midas for the sake of the herd if she must.

Her voice dropped to grim tones next, there was the matter of the new plague spreading across Helovia, the recent murders had affected many. ”To you all, stay safe when travelling outside of the Falls. As many of you may have heard, there has been a series of unusual deaths taking place with the murderer, or murderers, still on the loose. I myself have seen the corpses. Stay in groups if you can, keep your family safe and report anything you think might be unusual or a threat to our brethren.” She wished she could tell them more, something about the murderers appearance would be nice, a name would be even better. Yet, that was all she had and she hoped that they would think with safety in mind and take care.

The banshee curled her lips into a mischievous smile, throwing a calculating glance the Gallant’s way before returning to the crowd with one final announcement to deliver. ”Now, this last piece I must tell you for the noble man appears far too selfless to mention it himself” she laughed, before position her body to the side so they could all view the Czar in all his gilded, armoured glory. ”May I present Midas the Ascended.” She announced, enjoying herself a little too much ”the Gods have honoured his remarkable dedication by bestowing this title and immortality upon him. If I may, I’d like to congratulate our well esteemed Czar” with that, Ghost offered him a low nod of respect, the mischievous smile still playing on her lips.

[ooc: post order is a lie! <3]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Faces, all foreign to their new Sleuth, flooded in from the surrounding borders. Essetia imagined many knew nothing of her and nothing about her, let alone her name… It was a cumbersome feeling being privy to such sensitive information, but Essetia hoped these mere strangers would receive her with open arms. She feared the looks of concern or of question, after all she only knew but four by name. It felt as though a heavy stone had been placed in her gullet and now she was forced to carry it about without complaint, without relief. Being so fresh and new to entitlement was a peculiar feeling for the mare and she often dealt with the obscure nature of her standing amongst these strangers by ignoring it altogether. But here she was, hidden away behind those who had comforted each other, supported each other, and worked for each other for as long as time cared to reveal… and she, once a mere passerby, now meant to protect and serve them.

Oh the many spoils life intended for her.

Quiet, pale eyes fixed themselves willingly on the painted man, a man she now regarded as -Leader? Czar? Sir?- commander, before settling more comfortably into position. Her muscles had worked themselves into knots and her nerves had trembled to life in response to the impending summons, but now that her kin had arrived, each one greeting another with recognition and trust, Essetia relaxed. The stallion welcomed her kindly as did Ghost, but they were most certainly gathered for more perplexing causes. The mare did her best to follow their exchange but her throat caught and a small sigh fell from between parted lips when unexpected news graced ill-prepared ears. She had heard of their new medic, had celebrated alliance with the almighty Throat, had prepared somber thoughts for departed friend… but could not overcome the idea of murder in Helovia.

Fear, quite strong and swift, pressed the very air from her lungs and Essetia chilled, frozen in a mire of frightful thought. It wasn’t until her Czarina, in all her shadowy brilliance, uttered the very syllables of name and rightful calling that the mare shed surprise in order to feign appreciation too far gone in the waves of past glory. She was grateful for introduction and the need to welcome her into their folds but with panic gripping the hazy regions of her former life, Essetia was all but jubilant. “Thank you,” she echoed in reply.

Words of wisdom or grace were naught in the wake of dark tidings.

However, as fate would have it, that would not be the last of Essetia’s fall from ignorance. An alliance with the Edge would put she and Romul on the fast track to learning of her father’s whereabouts and somehow it, if painful, was a relief. She feared that without such knowledge she might surely drown in despair, wondering if her father had been taken by the hand of another. Murdered. Gone.

She wasn’t quite sure what took place after that.
Credits

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
A great many horses gathered before the Gallant, the Ascended Czar rightfully, and his exquisite hybrid Czarina. Pale eyes watched in humbled quietude as the girth of the meeting swelled beyond her the one-winged mare’s belief. He had quite a following indeed, and she wondered as her focus wandered between the complimentary coloured, winged pair how many of those formed the Asylum – surely after the unfortunate passing of the Necromancer, those faithful to her cause had remained. Africa took a closer look at Ghost, trying wholeheartedly to appear not be staring, and guessed that in fact, she might have been one herself. That’d make sense...

Silas yawned where he rested in the curve of her spine. He was nestled comfortably amongst the sparsely regrown feathers from her tucked wing (neither were sure if the remainder would return).

Don’t you think? She probed persistently at their bond, but the zephyr snapped his beak at her only before turning his glossy, black head beneath his wing to snooze. Since Birdsong had dawned, the zephyr had taken residency in a tall pine by the Secret Pool and he watched the descending, access path from there each night while she slept in her cell.

The dappled mare snorted, but her offence soon waned as the painted stallion began his address- no less bringing her name to light first. Of course Africa squirmed in place, warm flank flinching as it brushed nearer to Rasta’s sleek coat – but she smiled boldly, visibly in response. "Thank you." Flames licked steadily along her crest, poll and down the length of her forehead as she lifted her demure face for the masses to see; but the unlikely gesture was withdrawn quickly soon after and the Starry-Eyed’s warm heart fluttered with wild apprehension. The last time she had been any sort of spectacle was when she stood at the head of the Dragon Throat heard beside Sohalia the Transcended.

Quiet descended in wake of Midas’ first announcement, and the meeting continued like, she thought, any other she had attended in the lands beyond. In fact, it brought memories back of those which she had shared with the Gallant – and Rasta partly too, of times long ago when they had been siblings of the sand together.

It both gladdened and saddened her heart to hear word of the great southern desert, and jaw clenched tightly as she swallowed hard, against the bubble that grew large in her throat.

It’s inevitable, she told Silas grimly, irrespective of his nap; the zephyr groaned without stirring. ... They’ll hear word of my desertion soon. Silk already knows... and bitterness often feeds rumour. Gosh, it will be a feeding frenzy. Glumly she glanced to the blind mare by her side. Truth was a curse that seemed to stalk her life’s path.

Long ears swivelled forward, startled by a new sound – the strange voice of the Czarina whose turn it apparently was to talk. Glassy gaze followed, swimming beyond pity and guilt to find the striking mare where she posed aside the king. Ghost... Midas had mentioned – Africa had been listening on some subliminal level. The Cadaverous spoke of the new Sleuth firstly, alliances, and then the murders which had grazed her thoughts, but never truly raised fitting alarm. She imagined vaguely a line of anonymous faces, blurred identities that she neither knew, nor would mourn.

A heavy breath filled her lungs. The low, grave tone underlining the topic was unsettling. The Starry-Eyed nodded slightly, as though to confirm that she would indeed, and without hesitation, report anything unusual or untoward.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly (although she imagined Midas would think modestly), the Czarina raised word of his Ascension into glory, to immortality and a smile still broader than it had been since her arrival amongst this herd, spread through her expression. The one-winged thought nothing of the mischievousness lurking behind the announcement - perhaps had not noticed; faint affection glossed her eyes, and they were trained upon him exclusively.
Africa