the Rift

[OPEN] Rebirth... Take two

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The sun had risen almost to its regal pinnacle in the bright blue sky. The valley was steamy and warm and the residue of recent rainfall lingered in pools wherever the earth sagged underfoot; glittering in crystalline beads across leaf and litter.

Africa marvelled at the phenomenal beauty of this home, her sanctuary, and strode with a new confident aura, for the first time, beyond the prison cells inside which she had made her bed of late. Midas had visited for the first time since her arrival mid-blizzard, Frostfall, and her heart was filled to the brim with optimism - a sentiment rarely felt since Helovia’s Darkness, since he had left the desert sands for this valley. The painted Czar had given her new responsibility and purpose, a healthy distraction with which to occupy her time and thoughts and Africa was more than grateful for the privilege to serve his herd, and that of his Lord, the God of the Earth.

Although her step still seemed a little tentative as she moved along, there was not the nagging worry flinching through her dull, dappled hide; nor the apprehensive guilt pinching her delicate, kindly expression. She felt near weightless – like her hooves were not shackled by the curse of gravity any longer and her lonely wing stretched upwards and outwards, the lax muscles lining bone quivering to life. Africa rarely used the limb, it was no longer functional; the cruellest of punishments, but it bothered her little nowadays. She beat it down heavily, though only new itchy barbs lined its length – they wooshed loudly as the humid air rushed between them, and then she folded it down again against her slim flank. Her plucking had been so damaging that many feathers threatened not to regrow this time. Between the flaking, white sheaths were empty follicles, bald patches, though the newly frivolous creature seemed hardly to notice.

A trail, muddy and quite slippery, wove its way up steep slope between rock, pool and scrub, and Africa followed it curiously. Her dark ears were tipped forward, straining through the blissfully bright ambience of mid-day, searching for sign of any other who called the Falls home. There had been neither sign or mention of Dragon’s Throat by the few she had met already- December, Adelis, and it gave her vain hope that her whereabouts was yet to be discovered by those she had plainly abandoned. She wasn’t sure in truth, if she ever wanted to rejoin the desert ranks; the morale had changed, the peaceful intelligence she and Sohalia the Transcended had struggled to instil had been more or less been for nothing she felt- once a Spartan nation always a Spartan nation.

The one-winged mare was for the most part glad she had fled. Though cowardly and pathetic, the action had delivered her into the bosom of the stallion who she had missed so gravely- wherever he led, was where she belonged.

That was becoming more and more obvious...

Hooves slipped clumsily on slick mud and clattered loudly as a sudden sideward stagger found improved traction upon granite. Heart lurched, thundered, and for a second she paused upon splayed legs to regroup. Pale eyes glanced around to see if anyone had witnessed the blunder, but only the circling shadow of her companion above moved by.

Image Credits

@[Cashmere], Any

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I stood in the shadows for some time. I would not let the voice back today. Hopefully. A small whicker escaped my sealed lips as I stepped out and into the light. Slight concern glazing over my eyes as I near her.
A mare had slipped, almost fallen. As I near her, I reach out my muzzle -don't help that bitch, let her fall!- why would I do that? I ask Her, my wishes for the day not coming true. I nudge the mare's shoulder, attempting to help push her into a standing position. I smile, getting closer I speak soft words. "Hello" I say, my voice soft and reassuring. Although, this mare looks old enough to not need that reassuring tone in my voice, I use it anyway. I guess it is just out of old habit. The Voice hasn't broken me yet.

Though my voice betrays my attempt at a straight face, I ask "Are you okay there?" A small chuckle escaping my lips, though concern laced my tone. Friendly and kind; as I come closer to her side if she needed a bit more support. I gaze at her kindly, wondering if she was going to be okay. It wasn't much of a fall, more like a slip. But I was still a bit concerned. It had seemed to take her by surprise. A bemused look spreads my face when I wonder about her and who she was. Though I cover it with a smile I can still feel the curiosity slipping to the surface. To my stormy eyes.

I soon find myself wandering through my own mind, thinking of how this mare might not be okay, or how she could be perfectly fine. I think of how she seemed to have this heat about her. One wing. She only had one wing as well. Where the other should have been attached, remained a few lost feathers and I don't make a face. More like...look away un-noticeably. Hopefully...I have been using that word ever-so-often in my thoughts and I wondered if it was wrong to hope.
I suppose I would ask this mare when she was devoid of crazy form. She seemed like a thoughtful woman. She had that aura about her. Thinking of Elsa and all my friends...of Oxy...I don't want to think about them right now because I haven't seen them in so long. I miss them. A lot. Though, the one-winged mare would not understand my sadness...but then again, as of late I have been wrong on a few occasions. So, I do not let anything stop me from adding my missed friends to the list of things to tell her about...
What if she runs away? I did not contemplate that before, thinking of it now made me kind of feel bad. I mean, I've made this whole list in my head of things to ask her...and she would just run away. I mean, it's not like making the list is hard just, I don't really know!
But she does not run away. -Not yet.-

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS

@[Africa] {Would you like to be tagged?}
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

From a web of shadow nearby stepped another clothed in similar drab. She was quite an aesthetical contrast to the Starry-Eyed however, not nearly so bland upon the eye.

Sunlight seeped through the Falls’ restless canopy, illuminating pollen dust in thin threads to cast soft, swaying spotlights across the ground. The glassy horn which spiralled from skull between the stranger’s amber eyes caught the light in its midst, and it glinted marvellously and glittered as her slim ashen face moved about. There too was a murmur of blush across her breast, and together such beautiful attributes broke the grim monotony of disability and a dull monochrome coat.

It was both insecurity and a vain wish to be liked by the God of the Sun which had compelled Africa to pursue the gift that now brightened her appearance, literally. Fire licked through the heavy, long tendrils of her forelock, mane and tail, enhancing in turn the demure turn of sandy-hued eyes and bringing a warm radiance to an otherwise bleak exterior. Unfortunately, the effort to impress and be noticed by one so brilliantly fierce and blindingly perfect had been futile; before even the chance to meet with him alone again had come, the one-winged mare had fled into the snowy wilderness of Deep Forest – perhaps, she thought, never to return.

In effort to restore the Starry-Eyed’s skewed balance, the stranger extended her nose, touched it to warm skin – and she flinched beneath, wildly, unprepared for such unanticipated connection. Nevertheless, her eyes traced the path of the other’s head as it pulled back, those warm brown eyes, and long black-tipped ears flickered as a soft, comforting greeting brushed by them. Embarrassment reddened the skin canvassing her face, and Africa’s chin dipped modestly as the new voice slipped to cloud the air about her again. “I’m alright,” she answered, flexing both shoulder and thigh to test for strain, ““...yes.” The other laughed a little and it drew forth a similar sound from the one-winged mare.

Silas wove through the thermals high, high above them and the turn at last, of her mind from nervousness to cheer, eased his wariness.

“Africa,” she introduced herself quickly with a growing smile, right before the fog of awkward silence had a chance to ruin their meeting. “I’m new to these parts, just finding me feet – in a sense.” The Starry-Eyed chuckled again softly, this time stepping from the slick muddy trail to join the other grey on more solid stone.

Image Credits

@[Cashmere], if you remember :) I’m not really fussed either way. Do you want me to keep tagging you?

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I stood there with a newfound smile spreading my lips. She seemed kind and calm-natured. Although, her mane grew with flickering flames. I do not take a step back out of caution, or forward of wonder, I stay in my spot, marveling at them from where I stood. I chuckle as well, and guess my own feature, me and this mare could become friends, or enemies.

Though, I want her to become a friend quite frankly. "Cashmere" I announce my name in the way she has, soothing quiet laced my tone. I felt like I should be quiet for some odd reason, like someone -or something- was watching us. But, I had yet to know about the mare's bird-like companion that flew that skies at that very moment.

I smile again, more un rehearsed and genuine. "So, where do you hail from, Africa?" I ask, not meaning to be an intrusion on privacy, just trying to get a soft feel for this mare. If she where to become a friend, I should know enough about her, right? Not the stalker-y kind. Just the friendly kind. Just go with the flow, Cashmere.

Just go with the flow...

I am in a constant whirlwind of feelings for this new mare I have met. Though I express kindness and curiosity towards her, I feel as though there is much more. Things like everyday thoughts. Like...favorites? Places, colors...so many possibilities. But I suppose I should not get myself relied up right now. She might not even want to become my friend. Who knows? Maybe she hates me inside, maybe she envies me. Who in the world truly knows, but her?

The Gods? I suppose they can read thoughts, but do not take action in that way. They probably only read bad thoughts. Thoughts like: I'm going to burn down the Hidden Falls. They could stop something like that.

And in my opinion, I don't think they should mess with hate-like thoughts. Maybe the ones that concern the King and Queen, but no one else really. Hm.

I don't even know why I let my mind wander this far, and I return back to the present.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS

~ @[Africa] Yes, rambling. One of my many talents.
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.