the Rift

[OPEN] Mucho Macho

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

THRANDUIL

A warm breeze brushed under the vanilla locks of that golden son. His breath sighed out longingly, in a purr at the pleasure. How he had missed the warmth graces of an unforgiving sun. It had been ages since he had lived in a place such as this, and felt the sand shift under his hooves. Had it really been a year since he had crossed into the boarders of these lands? It seemed so strange now to think of himself being anywhere else. Clearly this is where the action was. So much had been accomplished in a year’s time. The title of Thief he now proudly carried, new treasures adorned his figure, and a powerful magic was soon to come into his grasp.

There is also a little one. Harks pin back as the thought slipped into his mind, especially as it spoke in such a way. The new cerndyr, Haldir, was not a source of happiness. The fawn was tiny, still not even coming to the golden’s knee. His dark brown coat was like that of a normal fawn, but his spots were black as night. The gold still blamed that sickness for the mistake of taking the orb. Yes, it was an all-around mistake, and like one, it should have been tossed into the river. The gold had tried. Using the natural instinct of that little one he would push it into some bush and tell it to hide while he went to graze (something which the thin gold needed a lot of). But after several hours his nerves would begin to creep with tension, and no matter how much he ate a strange hunger would grow. So the gold would wander back within sight of where he wanted to leave the creature. Haldir would still be there, waiting, like an idiot. A long sigh would always go through the gold at this failed attempt and he would walk to the deer. Grateful to have him back the deer would spring from its place and on childish legs run towards him. He was greeted with pinned ears and a little less than playful nip, but usually a comforting nudge, and the two would walk off together.

All in all, a very unfortunate situation. The fawn was much too innocent of the world for the gold’s tastes that would soon have to change. If the gold could not get rid of him, then the creature would have to learn. Still he didn’t want others being able to control the creature. Despite his distaste, the gold was, as he always was over his things, possessive. Perhaps, if he could remember his old tongue, it would serve him well. Shaking his twin horns the golden removed himself from distraction. The fawn was stashed well in a bush by the oasis, there was no need to worry (it was such a strange feeling for the gold). Reaching back down the gold grazes once more on the spring grasses of the desert. Yes, much had changed over the course of the year, but there was also so much still to do.

OOC::
@[Satanic Silk]

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Little does he know that I have been watching him since his entrance into the Throat. The golden one was not a stranger to me - I know him from his reputation as a sleuth in the Basin. We have exchanged stealths with each other. I have dogged his step, remaining far enough that he does not seem to have noticed me. However, the horned one does not seem to be up to mischief, at least not that I have noticed. Perhaps any mischief he has created has been during the few times I may be caught eyelids shut and mind at rest. Who can say?

I've lost him and his wanderings for awhile now, and with all the changes taking place here with Gaucho, the Sun God, and the bridge, it would serve me well to make sure that no secret plans are getting back to the Basin from here. My search for him is shortened by the blessing of my wings. Strange and alien as they are, they are a boon to me and all my efforts, and shorten many tasks that I have. They benefit me now as I surf the clouds, my ruby eyes gazing down hawkishly to search for gold upon gold. Damn his camouflage! But luckily, I see his horned figure near the oasis, and I float slowly to the ground, landing nearby without much fuss.

I approach slowly and stand a few yards away, speaking only once he has noticed me as it should not take him long to do. "Thranduil." I dip my head briefly in not-entirely-false respect. I still maintain my reservations about his loyalty and truthfulness in being in the Throat. His past with the Basin is the only cause I have to suspect him, and certainly that is unfair. I suppose this is where I must present a pretense for finding him. "We have not spoken since you joined the Throat. I am glad to see you have chosen to leave the Basin in favor of our desert home." I have constructed my sentence carefully, and I think that diplomatic Africa would be proud of me. There was a time where I would have failed miserably in such an endeavor.

WC: 370 Tag: @[Thranduil]

image credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

THRANDUIL

Though many have tried, the all usually failed, to sneak up upon the gold. Wings are heard in the sky above. Harks tip back pensively as the gold runs through his list. Most here were Pegasi, but so was one particular creature he did not wish to meet again so soon. His harks strained to hear the lick of flames about those wings, but nothing could be heard. Perhaps he was lucky? Or just out of hearing range? Lower and lower it sank until a rustle of grasses and scattering sand tells the gold he’s landed. The one he would not prefer to see would not take such time. So Thranduil with a hidden curl of his lips, which is quickly wiped away, waits for a moment to let the creature walk up in anxiety and awkwardness. He needed to act smooth for once, now that his life had been crashed through by the small creature which lay not far in a shrub. The golden desired back his power over others, to help him forget how powerless he was against such a small and helpless creature. Though don’t expect him to say that line. Ever.

When the creature finally stops the gold lets out a sigh and swallows the last of the grass he had and raises is twin horned head to turn and look at the approaching creature. This one he had seen at the herd meeting, Satanic Silk, recently promoted thief, or whatever the hell they called them here. So as the dark bat like creature dips and drops the gold’s name, much to his irritation, the gold returns the favor. “Satanic Silk, you look well in your new position.” Oh how much a tit-for-tat would this be? Certainly the gold was feeling the weariness of before as a tingle in his spine told him of the coming conversation. He knew he would little to no information out of this one, only suspicion, so he would not bring up the subject, but still a tease would be fun right?

The dark creature seems to pause and then speaks again. Yet the dark one speaks of things he does not and it does cause the golden some thought as to what exactly the purpose of this all was. Still, he’s quick on his feet. “I’m much more suited for heat as you can see.” Hey that wasn’t a lie! Good job golden man. For to tell a truth as a lie instead of a lie is trickier to do than just telling a lie. “Still it was not all my own decision….”Hanging on the sentence the gold sighs and draws out what he is sure the Silk wanted so badly to know. “Andromeda, a kind enough soul and aided me when no other would, and since last fall, by the grace of Africa, I shall have a chance to repay it.” Come and steal away all their secrets and security more like, but that was such a small matter. The fold only looked over to the silk with a calm and plain enough look. If this dark creature wanted to get into the gold, well he was going to have to try a lot harder than that. Come on sneak, show us what you’ve got.

"lieslieslieslies"
@[Satanic Silk]

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE

I hold my tongue as I listen to the once-Basiner speak. I am wary of his presence here in the Throat, but he seems to have committed well enough. If Gaucho trusts him - if Andromeda and Africa trusted him - then I must at least.. well.. pretend to trust him. He has a silver tongue and I don't doubt hard that if he tried, he could fool me. It's what keeps me wary of him. He starts off by complimenting me, and I bow my head courteously. "Thank you." 'Do not think that a compliment gets you into my circle of trust, Golden.' Though I can't help that I enjoy my ego being stroked. More suited for the heat? "Very well, then you shall be enjoying yourself very much here in the heat of Tallsun. You might imagine it gets hotter here than in the Basin." A tight smile passes over my lips, and my taunt is plainly clear. It's not mean, but telling. I look over his body, taking in the appearance of pointy horns (blech), the stripe down his back, the wolf's hide the he wears that almost completely covers said stripe. He mentions Andromeda and I nod solemnly. I have not seen the healer for quite awhile now and I think that she may have left the herd. I hope that she returns soon, as she was a calm and cheerful face in a herd that seemed plagued by ... disappearances. So much for consistency.

'By Africa's Grace.' My heart pangs, and there's no covering up the pain that runs through me and over my face. It leaks into my blood red eyes and the crinkles of my mouth fall. I snort quietly and my head drops slightly, not covering up the emotional strife I have been and am still enduring. "Yes, I am sure you will have a chance to repay her kindness. And Africa's too, perhaps..." I turn my head away, trying to hide the sorrow. I do not want to appear weak before this near-stranger, but hiding how I feel is a near-impossible feat.

"talk"
Not sure if he's got his wolf cape on, if not please ignore reference to it.

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

THRANDUIL

What the sneak had was only suspicion and downfall. The first words to fall from his mouth were but razors of cunning. Or attempted. He smiles, and the gold smiles back, all pleasant enough. But inside they both laugh to themselves it seems. The dark creature taunt just rides over the gold without touching him. How can he see how suited the gold is for the very heat of hell. That golden son was born in the sun and raised under the compression of such sweltering days as would test the best here. Not to mention any heat from scrutiny was a wasted effort. Though the gold sweated as with any horse, it was never from pressure. All seems well, suspicion had been expected, until the dark creature makes a curious expression.

By finishing his tail the dark one crinkles his face and turns slightly away. Snorting as if to manage himself. My, my what has happened here? He stutters out a response, before turning his head away. Hide though he may be trying, the very act turns on the gold’s notice. The gold’s nods his response but his mind is most certainly set on the strange emotional change of this creature. Africa had disappeared from this land near a season ago, the gold had known such when attending a herd meeting. At that meeting even the silken dark had begged of knowledge of her. Why would he care so much about where she was or hurt so deeply at the mere mention of-oh. The gold tried best his could to stifle a growing smile at the realization that Africa broke more here than just leadership.

Still the gold couldn’t help but feel sorry for the poor guy. Trying hard to show the gold he was boss about these parts, but also having such a weakness flaunt out just at the start. In a twisted way perhaps he felt the same, not that the gold ever empathized with another. Perhaps though they both could use some toughing and distraction. Turning away he looks out over the expanse. “I am so enjoying it here. The sands and heat as so…invigorating.” Returning his view to the silk one he speaks full of empowerment. “The sweat and blood pounding does seem to awaken and toughen those of stronger caliber.” Which was mostly the gold here, but sure why not include this poor little pup. "Do you feel it too?" The gold smiles with a Cheshire cat grin.

@[Satanic Silk]

I can't be feeling sorry for myself when I'm around Thranduil. He's a sly character and I realize that I need to stay on my toes around him. If I let down my guard who knows what I may let slip or how he might take advantage of the situation. As I gather myself, I notice a smile that seems to slither it's way onto the Golden Boy's face. A frown threatens to creep across my own, but I keep it at bay. Is he finding me amusing? Probably, of course Thranduil would find me amusing. I shouldn't be surprised. He doesn't say anything though, which shows more respect (or pity, though I don't entertain that notion) than I would expect. I appreciate it.

Instead, his rebuttal to my snide comment brings a smile to my face. Not a happy, cheerful one, but amused all the same. Invigorate? Awaken and toughen? Of a certain caliber... I don't miss the sarcasm that threatens to strike me. But who says he has to rein it in? (And that is certainly what he seems to be doing, or else he's coy for the fun of it.) I am no leader, no god, there is no reason for him to offer me respect or to refrain from openly mocking me. And yet he does. Silently I give him credit for this, and put it toward his good name.

"This is true." I let the smile become more genuine. Perhaps I can... loosen up a bit and appreciate the good moment. And banish the thoughts of Africa and my broken heart away and to the back of my mind. "Seems we have something in common, besides our good looks." Hey, I can see a good looking stallion. I don't swing that way but I've got a good eye.

"talk"

@[Thranduil]
Pretending that this thread started after Africa broke his heart so it will be more relevant. :) We can either have them not talk about it.. or it can be totally heart-wrenching!

image credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

THRANDUIL

The sun shining down upon these two, heating their backs and seemingly powering the two up. That dark silken bird did let loose a smile, and it causes the golden’s to grow all the more. Though of course, to the golden this creature was below him, on principle of his skills being so revealing, it seemed he was growing less of enemy. Friend was a stretch, an incredibly long stretch, but the gold certainly wasn’t hating the company at the moment. And that was progress. The twin horned nodded as the other agreed, for he could see now how this conversation was progressing. His tasseled tail twitched silently by his hocks. Like a thermometer it showed his view of who was in control of this situation, and just how it was going.

The golden son, crowned with his circlet, nodded again to the silken dark. It was certainly not an equal good looks, the gold surmised but lucky for the other that’s not how it had been worded. The other stallion was handsome, though the gold could see why someone would easily leave him (whereas to him his own looks were untouchable). “Indeed.” His horned head rose slightly, and he seemed to frame his body. It was humorous to him also that they actually shared more than the silken dark thought. They shared a job as well, but that was far from the golden’s mind now. Silk would not be foolish enough to let slip some dark secret, and besides the gold knew them all already. “Simply devastating good looks.” The earth eyes watched closely. “ But we of such caliber can not be broken.” It was a tease, or maybe a peptalk? A twisted convoluted pep talk? Would this be a therapy session, or a manly macho build up? It was up to the dark silk to decide, but already the golden was feeling much relief from his own trappings hiding not far away in a bush.

@[Satanic Silk]

Thranduil's words leave me wondering exactly what all is going on here. He agrees that we are devastatingly good looking, to which I must suppress a snicker. Two boys talkin' up each others' good looks was quite.... juvenile. Trying to be macho. But of course, only those that need to feel macho talk as such. I don't mention it, for the cursed thought would be damning to us both. 'But we of such caliber can not be broken.' What is he referring to? Does he realize that Africa has broken my heart for good? Is he referencing that? Is he being more abstract and perhaps he means it in general? Is he referencing some brokenness of his own? I do not know of any breaking that has happened to Thranduil, but then it isn't like I've kept track of ALL his doings. He certainly looks in perfect health, so what am I missing?

Perhaps he does know about Africa, though it's happened so recently he surely can't know the details. I don't reference the falling out, but nod as if he means his words in a general, abstract sense. "Indeed." Perhaps one day I can discuss what has passed.. but I don't think it will be with Thranduil. I may have proven myself a wuss in the past with my tears and heavy emotions, but I do not see him that way and I would never lower myself to confess before him. He would be gravely mistaken if he ever thought that is what would truly happen.

"talk"

image credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread