the Rift

[DROP] [Royal SS Drop] Beach day

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

A beautiful bright sky and calm, glittering seas kissed Birdsong welcome to Helovia. Inland, bodies lay scattered, blood ran like rivers, but here, with ocean breeze and warm sun, it was almost a different world. Troubles melted away like the snow into the languid rush of crashing waves, and gulls picked away at mollusks just above the tide. This is where you found yourself this afternoon, drenched in a sea breeze and pleasantly calm.

Sitting in a pile of driftwood was a flawless, large egg. Its surface was perfect, a creamy smooth curve, and its size made it easily visible from where it was nestled between the graying, salty organic sticks. A crab walks by, tapping it with a claw before losing interest. The gulls avoided it, odd for the loud, opportunistic scavengers.

It calls to you with its song of romance and love, such a flawless shape, desirable. What was inside wanted life, wanted love, and it cried out for attention from the depths of infancy. Abandoned, left alone to die, this little babe wanted a chance, any chance. The song it sang echoed in everyone's minds, giggling and laughing as they came closer. It sounded different to each one, echoing their hearts.

In fact, it wanted you to sing back.

This is a species specific drop (Griffin, Zephyr, Dragon, Rougarou)

You have 4 days/96 hours to reply initially. After this initial period, each reply must be posted within 72 hours.

The first task is to sing a song to the egg! (Basically, write a poem). First round will be determined by
1. extra rolls/refusals
2. quality and beauty of the song sang
3. dice roll

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Rhoa

I belong anywhere but inbetween.

Father came to the beach to gather things for the festival of the sun. I know I said I would help but ... I just don't feel very joyous right now. I'm sure that's blasphemous, to not want to participate in the planning and preparation to honour our Lord of the Sun but .. my heart just isn't in it.

I miss Mother and I miss Ivezho. I don't understand this world yet even though everyone else seems to have things figured out. Everyone knows everybody else; they all know where the lands are, who leads them, and what's happening. I know none of it. I really try .. I try to learn, to remember but .. It feels like I'll never catch up, like there isn't enough time. Father tells me that I should just enjoy being a child because it won't last much longer. Ha.. I already feel like it's over.

All I can think about are the expectations placed upon me ... what the bird-lady said about being brave. What was the point? She had asked me and ... and then nothing happened. Had I failed? I thought I did what I was supposed to, confronting the things that scared me, but apparently that hadn't been right. Whatever it was she had .. she had shown to someone else. I hadn't even meant to go there I just .. I just wandered and look where it got me...

I'm wandering now and -

"Oh!" The word falls from my lips. I barely notice that I've said anything at all actually because all I can hear is it. It's so sad. I can hear laughter but .. but it's fake. I know fake laughter when I hear it, as I most often hear it coming from me when I'm in the presence of Father or Mother and the higher members of the Throat. I look around, but no one is here yet. Surely they will be soon... I can never stay alone for very long, but for now it's just me and it, and the song.

I shiver a little as I draw near. It wants me to respond in kind, I can feel that somehow but .. but I can't sing. Mother can .. but not me. I don't want to, and I shake my head in front of the egg to emphasize this. "I like yours better." I mumble, bright gaze peering at the egg.

But then I remember ... I remember being born. I remember almost dying, and the insatiable desire to hear the voices of my family before I was finally pulled into the blackness. Was that what was happening? The egg looked okay ... but maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was dying too .. I am suddenly filled with a wave of fear. Should I run? Find a healer? No .. I don't want to leave it alone. No one wants to die alone. "Okay then..." I whisper, looking around to make sure no one was around to hear what was surely to be awful. "I'm sorry in advance."

Taking a breath, I opened my mouth and let my tongue form around the thougths that bloomed and blossomed within my heart and mind. My voice was shaky, but had a pureness of tone that only children seem to have. The words .. well they were a little simple. Someone who might come after might offer something more intricate and beautiful.

But I'm young. I'm doing the best that I can. I'm trying..

"The bird-lady told me to be brave,
her words descended like a cold wave
I realized I knew not
Just what it was I ought
To do in order to be brave.

I've thought a lot about what she said,
but even now I'm filled with much dread
very hard, such mistake,
not knowing what it will take...
Feeling like i'm just staggering ahead.

My twin Ivezho has been away...
I get more and more lonely every day.
But maybe with you
it'll be easier to
make it through the silence and the grey.

I'm not even sure what you are,
and these words might sound from afar
like someone whose small
but my heart isn't at all
and together I know we'll go far."

I can feel myself shaking all over - like the kind of shaking that happens when you're being honest. The sort of shaking that implies vulnerability and uncertainty. I can't tell if whatever was in the egg liked my song ... I don't know if I liked it either.

I just don't want it to die alone. I just want it to know I'm here.

1 prior refusal: Maze of Hallways
Wishlist
Rhoa would like a pheonix zephyr.

TAG: @[Name] | # WC | Notes if needed.

FOXX

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
H
O
T
A
R
U

Freedom is a taste that remains stagnant in the mouth until ripped away, where the captive longs for it once more. Hotaru does not let it escape her notice so soon after being returned to her home and family, reveling in the breeze that happens to smell just a little sweeter than normal. Her three days captive in the Throat had not been horrible at all, really. Then again, reflecting on her redeemed status with Gaucho, it wasn't as if anyone really had a reason to hate her when she'd won over the quiet brute. They only knew her as the pink spy, and she had been careful to keep her coat dusted, becoming a sightly full palomino even if it made her stomach flip to look into the stillness of the Oasis and see so much of her mother looking back.

There are no real reasons to be on the beach that day, how she arrives at all is a mystery to her. Yet when she sees a winged boy crossing the sands, she feels her hooves moving to a quicker pace, subconsciously following him. Whether she wanted to chat with the youngling or merely discover what it was that seemed to draw him, too, to the Blue wouldn't be answered. All thoughts had been swept away on a tide of music and laughter, soft and feminine. Delighted in the most innocent, naive way. The way Ru, and Arya, and even Rae used to laugh. It warms her like hot cider straight to her belly, blooming like an opening rose and tickling her insides with the soft curled ends of each petal.

It's beautiful.

Young pegasus forgotten, she is drawn towards the source as it sings like a siren, but there is only gentleness and love to crash herself upon. All of which she is more than willing to do. It is beautiful, and she feels her world fade away. Should she be incapable of securing it (as surely she is a greedy creature, just as greedy as she is lonely) it is merely enough to hear the beautiful singing, to feel alive again. Her eyes are moist but for once she cannot bring herself to care, too wrapped up in the feelings that the egg sings into her heart. Singing back is no challenge.

"Tears not wasted on lonely days,
We both, one pair, two souls made quiet
They never knew how much we meant
Because nobody ever stays

But deep in hearts of gold are fissures made of black
Dear darling, dearest darling,
Let me help you take them back

Stasis in darkness,
We've come so far
Let me take those burdens from your shoulders
We can share them together, convergent
Our souls as one, fluoresce

Sweet darling, baby dearest
I'll stand by while you sleep
And guard forever, woes and wishes
Till darkest dusk does creep

We're lost treasures sweetling,
It's okay to want to cry
But know for now, my precious
I'll be with you till we die"

It is perhaps as precious to her own heart as Rhoa's, though her subtleties and gilded tongue help conceal what his youth cannot. Whatever story he tells it is not one she listens to, if only out of respect. Her words, similarly, are only for the happy child with the desperate, longing mental fingers clutched within the egg.

Denials: X :: X

Image Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

DESTRY
rise to the occasion
Flying to the beach, I felt a gentle push and pull of magic, a radiating force that withdrew me from the Throat, guiding me to a place I rarely stepped. Above the sand in the crisp, BirdSong air I flew, my wings appearing as a great expanse, shifting my weight with a flawless maneuver I glide downwards, gently lowering myself into the dry sand with my hooves sparking as they collide with the beige earth. Body lurching forward only to be caught by my fore legs, strides leading into a slowed trot, which is maintained as I follow the edge of the ocean, waves reaching for my crimson hooves but never quite touching them.

Dancing through my vision is a child of coal, grey as the stones that litter the beach. I do not hear the child's voice until I am within a few strides, listening as the babe sings in response to a nearby pile of drift wood that had been singing not but a heart beat prior. Perking my ears with curiosity, I find myself standing over an egg, round and smoothed to perfection. My heart skips a beat, missing a step and sinking much to my dismay. I had been seeking a companion for seasons now, and had never been able to receive one, instead watching everyone else leave victorious while I linger in self-pity with everyone else continuing on with their lives, acting as though such a loss did not actually happen.

Once the child's song is complete, I look down, and then up. The babe trembles as the last words slip from his lips, my brows furrowing gently as concern grows for the shaky boy. I return my attention to the egg, looking down with an anxious wave washing over me, questions following soon after. Was I too supposed to sing to this egg? Was I to soothe it? Glancing around, I watch as a mare of pink and gold who had stepped up not to long ago performs her own lullaby, sweet voice washing over the beach, all silent but the girl's voice. As she finishes her tune, I clear my throat wearily, hesitant to begin my song. I had never really sung before, not to others, and not my own song. Sometimes I would hum along to a bird's sweet chirp, or to a tune I had once heard someone else singing but never to anyone but myself. My heart beats swiftly, body shaking as I wearily sway to a rhythm that's playing in my head. Gently nodding my head, I close my eyes and begin to sing.

"Here beneath a BirdSong sun,
I've met you, little one,
I'll take you in and give it time,
You'll one day be a friend of mine,

I'll stay beside you through the night,
So if you ever have a fright,
Beneath my wing you'll find solace,
But fear not, for you are flawless

And together we'll be misfits,
Living side by side,
Bonded through our spirits,
Living tangled in fate's tide,

Rest your weary soul,
Lay down beside me,
And I'll wait for your gentle pull,
To know you're right for me."

Shifting my weight back, I await a response from the egg, fear knotting within my stomach as I wonder if my song sounded selfish and stupid, if it was off beat or if I had made mistakes. Sweat beads and my lips shake, ears flicking back as I rerun the previous few moments when I had sung the song, trying to find the mistakes I know I made somewhere along the line.
"talk talk talk"
-- previous denial
destry is seeking a roc zephyr --

art by dark, table code by tamme

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=10272 = wishlist
::[zephyr | arctic ] = wish

Aurelia</style>
Despite what you might think, I did not follow Destry. In fact, it was only by chance we ended up together once again. A toothy grin formed on my pink maw, the corners of my mouth tilting upwards. That was mine. That electric girl, with the light hair, was mine. She was what lulled me here, not the songs of the cream egg. Love was stronger than the sweet noises of an unhatched animal. I moved to the dark mare's side, her own song lifting into the air.

Her voice is beautiful, easing my nerves, allowing me the bliss of forgetting my stress. Why doesn't she sing more often? We always seem to need an uplifting song in the Throat. If I had such a spectacular voice, all I would do is sing. I'd sing my heart out day and night. Though, my voice is far from splendid. In fact, it's an awkward mix between a bat's screech and Earth God's voice. Once the singing has ceased, I begin. I am truly content, but my song will not portray the easier parts of life, yet it will not be a call for pity. This, my friends, is a song of triumph.

"There are two things I know are real.
The first is the brutality and cruelty of
my once-lonely heart.
It's a constant,
no change.

My sadness is a fog,
but you can't blow it away.
It's like the fog of the Edge.
Here to stay.

My fire,
oh, it used to be bright.
I used to burn hot like the Throat.
Truthfully, I got into one serious fight,
and my walls had crumbled.

My life,
it used to be vibrant.
There were rainbows of colors,
and waterfalls of joy.
Have I been too coy?
I'll only admit it now,
I do rather enjoy
the land of the Falls.

Now I'm cold.
Not physically, but mentally.
I've not grown old,
though it does seem so.
However, if I were to be old,
would I not need to be wise, also?
It's not wise to sneak into herds,
especially those guarded by machines.
I've learnt this from the Basin,
the place that reflects my very soul.

And yet, now I can mumble simple words
Words that I thought were so complex.
Is it too late to say those words?
Here are the words, for those that bother to listen:
I am sorry for the delay,
you deserved an I'm sorry,
Many days ago.

Days of endless struggle,
melting into hope.
A storm of depression,
sliding away.
Hope, it's where I'm headed.
Though I'm left with one quick question.
Will you sail with me...?
Me and my family?
Even if we fail?
"

I could feel my pent up emotions spew out. My song, it was not about the glory days of bonding. I've learnt the horrors of losing a companion due to foolishness-- I am half crazy because of it. In no way will I ever forget Shilva, but I won't try to dwell on the fact she is gone. I've accepted it, no matter how much I wish it wasn't true. A part of me wishes this egg could fill a part of the empty void that is my mind, my soul, my one-sided bond.

Quietly, I begin thinking about my song. My first section of lyrics, stanza 1, my once-lonely heart. I scooted closer to Destry, seeking comfort and security from my mate. Then my song flipped paths, and I had started singing of the herds. The Edge, oh, I had caused pain there. No longer, am I bitter over anything that had happened there, that had all been my fault. From the moment of acceptance, to the death of Shilva-- my fault. Then I sang about the Throat. I had been one happy camper, until my fight with a unicorn. This one fight, it spiraled my life downwards. That is when I had left the Throat. I am back there now, yet I still don't feel safe under their care. I was safe in the Edge, not in the Throat. The falls, that was a complicated place. I had saved Destry from them, and I don't regret that decision. However, the land was marvelous. The basin, my song nailed it perfectly. That land is me in every way. Then, came my apology. I'm sorry Africa, Gaucho, Kahlua, Kaj, Faeanne, Fall's horses, Ryuu, Silk, Rostislav, Mauja, and everyone else I hurt. I truly am sorry.

I ended my song with a question. Does this egg truly want to sail with Destry, myself, our future foals, and my raspy voice?

talk talk talk talk
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

You're all that still matters

As if every hateful thing that occurred in land could of been forgetten and swept away, the sea was the place that could be found void of all sin. A sense of everlasting calm existed over the moist sands and humid air, the heat that gained strength and might in the lack of shade. Shells and driftwood scattered their corpses about the Nirvana, releasing their lives to peace and serenity the champagne could only dream of co-existing with.
It all collapses beneath it's own weight and sickness, struggling to keep the norm when everyone has morphed it to change. Laughter haunts her thoughts and tempts her with Sirens' songs. When shaking and thrashing her head about doesn't cure the illness, she falls immediate prey. Curiosity doesn't kill the quick cat, it kills the girl who can't keep herself out of trouble and wounded places.
Song leaks into her ears and works with the laughter, and now, she see's more have gathered about a collection of driftwood, and the song that bursts from their lips is all different, blurred and distorted whenever she tries to listen. Within her own skull, there is one playing along, and she gives way, breaking beneath the might of seduction of song and falling ever more in the abyss of the crowd.
"We'll never have all that we want,
The treasures and riches we wished for,
The kind of dreams that make you chase shooting stars.

It's all a bit too rough out there,
And all our toys and parts get broken along the way,
In ways only time can fix.

But when I've got you near,
With your heart beat in my ear,
Soft touch against my skin....

Here's a secret,
Made just for you,
With my feelings in mind.

You're a sweet medicine,
That washes away the pain,
And puts stitches across my wounds.

There isn't ever a day,
When I don't dream about you,
And every one of your specialities.

So come away with me,
Where we can be one,
To heal each other's wounds."

Too far gone, too far lost. She's in now, and there's no exit sign over the doors. Then again, there wasn't even a door to the room she stands in with the others, warping themselves into a choir in a vast emptiness that can't seem to agree on the same tune.

OOC: Rougarou with shadow ability
Wishlist
Refusal 1
Refusal 2
Refusal 3

First two refusals are from her account before I left for a short period, but I was told by Tamme some time back that they still count.
notes notes notes notes

robb stark

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”

There was something...odd about the beach today. I didn't know if it was the wind or the way the sea rushed, licking at the sand. Something drew me to the sands. Then my gaze landed on the cluster of horses. What? What was going on? I slowly near the grouping, ears pricked as i heard the beginnings of song. Had i walked into some sort of festival?

A dark colt finishes the song i heard, then a beautiful mare begins. I listen in rapt attention to each word, soaking them up. When she moves away, it's then i see it. It is round, perfect, glorious in it's potential. I don't hear the horned pegasus's song, my gaze locked upon the alabaster shell in awed shock. How could an egg be so...perfect? It is then i hear it's siren call, pulling me closer with hope and curiousity. It was what brought me here, what the others were singing for, what wanted me to sing. I can feel it's nudging against my thoughts, and i move into the ring of horses, fearless for once, wrapped up in the beauty of the large egg. I didn't know what it held, nor cared. All i knew was it wanted me to sing to it. And i did not want to disappoint it.

I wait, barely, for the horned pegasus to finish her song before i approach the egg. Hesitating for only a moment, i lower my head towards the shell, speaking softly, enough for the egg to hear. I would only feel comfortable if i could hope none would hear. I knew the song i would sing; my mother's lullaby.

"When the night is icy and cold
When you feel that you are alone,
Fear not child of my soul,
For i walk beside you forever more.

You could cross over the sea
Over hills and through dark woods
But by you side i shall be
Chasing away the darkness you see

Dearest child, fear not the wolf's song
I will keep you from all harm
As far as you roam, i will never leave you
For you are the child of my soul

So listen to my song, 'ere you wander
Know i shall forever think of you
So when you leave my side
Know that my words be true

For when the night is icy and cold,
When you feel that you are all alone,
Know that i will stand beside you
No matter the distance
I walk with you.

I finish, lingering a few moments before i pull away, my head low. I didn't know if my song pleased the egg, considering the others it was... off tempo, others might think it odd. But i cared little, i didn't want to please the others gathered here. Only the egg. Only this perfection, this beauty before me.

OOC: Cetan is seeking his griffin companion~

Word Count:335 Tags:000

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
White December

The sand and salty ocean were never of her particular taste. No, her mind was most at ease in the frigid chill of cold rains or harsh winters. But her meandering had led her to this place of lapping seas and crying gulls, and already she had a headache. She had simply wanted to crawl away from the shelter that was the Falls, for the humidity had become too much this past Birdsong. Her bulk had only made it so far, to see a group of creatures surrounding a object, the view of it being obscured by the fellow horses. Ears pricked forward at once, attempting to take in the entire scene before deciding her next move. She wasn't going to walk right into the middle of a group just because she wanted to see the new shiny thing too. But, it was the sad song that arose from whatever the object was that caught her attention.

How she knew it came from it, she didn't know, but even her heart that was blocked by many walls could be swayed by the sullen lull, and a flicker of sadness flashed across her steel orbs. She related to the thing, having felt that abandonment and desire to find someone that would perhaps be with them forever. She had never told this to anyone, and had no intention of doing so, but for some reason she was drawn forward simply by the related feeling. Soon she was standing a little further off, hearing the others sing their lullabies in an attempt to soothe the... was it an egg? Her nostrils flared in a soft snort, lowering her massive head slightly to walk forward and look closer at the thing, before slowing bringing her maw inches from its shell, whispering;

"Hush little one it will be alright,
For being at my side I will hold you tight.
The world can be scary when others aren't near.
Don't worry now little one, I'll be right here.

With danger and woe ahead in life,
I'll be here to soothe you through all of your strife.
Know this for sure there's no need for alarm,
Don't worry now little one, I'll shield you from harm.

When others aren't with you, keep one thing in mind,
I'll be here little one, right at your side.
Take no fear in your journeys and look to find,
I'm always here little one, being your guide."

After a soft breath of warmth on the eggshell, her eyes opened softly, and despite her attempts to stop it, a single tear trickled down her face. Her mind and heart ached, and her whole body shook uncontrollably, for the first time in a very long time, she had felt what she'd been stuffing down for years. How could just a little egg bring so much out of her? How could her mind be so shaken by a not-yet born creature? She knew the answer, but she didn't want it admit it:

She was worried it would grow up alone just like she did.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

{WC: 508
Tag: Random Event
OOC: December would like a Silver Dragon with Frost Breath (no past denials/refusals)
Wishlist}

image credits

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
My wings have brought me over the beach of the Endless Blue, and although I normally pay little attention to the sands below, something has caught my eye. Not the sun that beats down on my onyx wings and torso, nor the crashing of waves upon their brethren. No, instead my gaze is drawn to a gathering around what seems to be driftwood below. Why would anyone be interested in driftwood? I have been in Helovia long enough to know that it may be worth my while to investigate. I descend rather abruptly and land just behind the last row of equines, shuffling my wings before tucking them away. I find a way to the front of the group to investigate what lies before us. Certainly, driftwood is not the only thing here to see.

No, it isn't. There is a large, smooth egg that lies buried in it. My heart begins to pound in my chest. It must be a companion! Like so many eggs that I have seen, yet it seems bigger, grander. As I stand there, a song begins to play in my mind. A siren song, elemental and full of grace and beauty. Like the sea, like the wind, like the flame, it runs through me, as if flowing with the lifeblood within me. It lulls me to a peace I feel has evaded me since Africa's departure. What is this creature that holds sway over me, unborn and cradled by shell?

I take a step back, looking up at those around me. Do they hear it, too? Do they hear what I hear? There are several faces I recognize. Sikeax - the one that turned me to darkness. I turn my gaze from her before the wrath and regret that are buried within me can begin to surface. The sweet song of the egg assists me in moving on from the darkness that lingers. Aurelia - the one I had relations with during my darkness. She has not let me forget it, and had even made a threat, or what I perceived to be a thread, to reveal it to my love. I would have come clean should the moment arisen, but I thought not to break my love's heart with something that I could not have controlled during that poisonous time. Again the egg's song quells the bile that threatens to rise in me. Hotaru - the spy from the Basin. She is a worth adversary, but I have nothing more kind to say about her: she is an enemy, nothing more and nothing less. They, too, seem to have heard a song, but each of them has a unique expression on their faces. Perhaps they have heard something different than I? Some of them begin to sing to the egg, and I try to hide my look of disgust - their songs do not go well with the egg's, don't they hear that? Or are they all tone deaf? When silence comes again, I begin a song of my own. The others melt into the background, and there is nothing left but myself and the beautiful egg that calls to my spirit.

Once there was a bird on the sea
None so beautiful, none so rare
And it came calling to me

It told of legends, ages old
Of knights and dragons
Sword-fighting and rescue
To which men raise their flagons

"You will be the hero,
You will be the knight."
It spoke to me
And encouraged my plight

It told me truthfully
"One day you will be
The most noble of all
Hero of your own story."

"You will be victorious
And save the innocent."
The bird of the sea cried
"You must remain vigilant"

It gave this prophecy
Then it flew away
Leaving me hopeful
For the next break of day

Once there was a bird on the sea
None so beautiful, none so rare

I finished my song, and the silence returned. I stayed close to the egg, watching it for its reaction. Its melody continued to fill my mind, and I was relieved at the solace it brought. Perhaps... everything does get better. Perhaps... I can be a hero for this egg.

WC: 741
Wishlist :: Phoenix companion
Prior refusal(s): One (2 parts)

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

I do not remember much. I think I have well covered this fact since my return to Helovia, but in case you had missed it, I'm one of those washed up amnesics. I do have a task, to find a mysterious murderer, one I suspect is too close to my heart. One of the few faces I recognized... and it scares me.

Walking along the beach with silver sands, I remember memories with Midas, a golden boy and the shadow of my sister (strangely, without wings). I am young, youthful, prancing about in the water with a foal half my size but hardly weak. Midas laughing, the shadow watching patiently. Who is she? So familiar to Ranjiri yet not. Our mother? Maybe.
I can't recall her face.

It pains my heart, this thought, but I have no rhyme or reason why. I am so distracted I almost do not notice the cluster of bodies and the singing egg. I am really out of it, no?

In fact, my face almost runs directly into an ebony rump before I blink awake, turning my head to avoid touching flesh and starting into consciousness. I pause, mouth slack for a moment, hooves dancing backward, until my bicolored eyes transfix upon the surface of an egg. Lost, abandoned, searching for the love of another, the egg was singing. The soft, echoing voice in my mind welcoming within me a warmth in my soul. For I was lost. I was abandoned. I was searching for my love now lost. And I... I was the Earthsinger.

Next to my side, my harp chirps awake, a melody reflecting the sudden bittersweet delight of my spirit. Without realizing, I begin to whisper a song, the earth at my hooves vibrating softly in response. The tone is low, the words arising with patient, eerie slowed syllables. A ballad for the lost little egg - one I thought we shared.

"Open your eyes, for your plight is repeated,
Deaf to our pleas, they would see us defeated,
Our hearts may be torn, our lives forsaken,
Yet hope remains, our future not taken.

Walk free, believe, feel the warmth on your skin.
To all of his children, whom life flows abundant,
The Land is alive, filling us with purpose,
To those he loved first, guide those who walk after.

From shadow, loss, the depths of our hearts,
Hear us,
Free us,
Lead us to his Land, where life flows abundant.

From one he loved first,
Follow me for your answers.
"

[ ooc; Wishlist : Bronze Dragon.
No prior refusals. ]

CREDITS

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
If Love Were Food, I Would Have Starved On The Bones You Gave Me.” .

As the light broke out across the sky revealing a new day the alabaster mare continued along on her chosen path trying to figure out what to do. The last couple of months had been challenging but they were also some of the best moments she had experienced in her lifetime. Her beautiful babies had grown before her eyes making months seem much shorter than they had used to be when she had been growing up. Despite wanting to keep them close forever there was also the part of her that knew that it was impossible to keep them from discovering who they were. The thought of them leaving her was devastating but it was a reality that she would have to face sooner or later. She would always be there for them and would love them endlessly their entire lives but letting go was the hardest part. If she could only freeze time and make them stay young forever to be by her side she would but such ideas were nothing more than fictional illusions created by her chronic need for companionship and love. Aeolus had grown greatly over the last month and eventually would leave her to strike out on his own. What would she do with herself then?

Treading quietly through the shallow water upon the shore she savored the fresh ocean breeze all around her. It had taken time to get over the phobia this place had given her when Antheia had been taken from them but the calm, relaxation was well worth the troubles. Her thoughts could be tossed around freely and any worries could be swept out with the tide leaving her satisfied but alone. Allowing the soft sounds of the ocean soothe her it takes a moment or two to realize that she is not actually as alone as she had thought. Lyrics fill her head at some point or another along her path yet she fails to realize this until she catches herself humming along to a similar tune. Pricking her ears forward in curiosity her glassy blue orbs skim over the sand until a shape catches her attention. Is that a...? The beautiful egg saddened her as she drew closer to find it alone and without anyone to take care of it. The lyrics it echoes are drenched in pain and longing both two things that she was sadly familiar with. Perhaps this little creature would allow her to become its somebody and together they could discover what life had to offer them. Only problem was how did she communicate with it? Drawing up a little ways from its majestic refined shape she waited and waited until its words sounded yet again as if it was begging her to sing along. Thinking long and hard the words that leave her mouth are soft and from her heart.

As you set out on life’s road,
unsure of the path you'll go,
the most important thing you can do
is to always be true to you.

Always remember who you are,
in moments of struggle or fear
Never give up on your hopes and dreams
For you are never truly alone.

Turn to me for guidance and love
For I know it all too well
That the heart needs someone to hear its cries
Before it can begin to heal itself

Once forgotten and left alone
you shall find kindness that will heal,
Each piece inside that weeps its sorrow
will cease to feel the wrath.

A home is something that you'll find,
Deep within my heart.
Come with me and you will see
the true home that be waiting
to welcome you home at long last.

Finishing these words with a smile the grey mare tore her icy orbs from the beautiful egg. To her horror others had gathered around making her feel rather embarrassed. There had been many times she had sang for her boys but it had always been just the three of them around not a bunch of strangers to listen. Dipping her head shyly she took a breath allowing the ocean to calm her nerves before she turned back to regard the object that had lured them all here in the first place. How could anyone leave their child behind? Pricking her ears forward she waited in the hopes of hearing that beautiful voice again.

"Speech"

ooc::
Brisa would like a Silver dragon with firebreath ability.
Wishlist: Click
Denials: No previous denials for SS companion
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

The rushing of the sea is like static noise to my ears as I amble down the beachfront, leery. It is not by choice that I find myself searching the long stretch of sand ahead, but a call to my heart. It irks me, this intense need, as it whittles away at my resistance. However, the day is too young and beautiful to feel so at odds and I continue to seek the mysterious force that has summoned me from my home in the Edge.

The sea rolls in, euphoric, before lunging back into itself like a timid animal. At times it washes up over my hooves as if trying to calm my erratic nerves but with no such luck. I am uncertain what brings me here and even more so dismayed by the feeling of loss and longing building deep within my chest. It is as if the waters have opened up a hole in my heart, pouring into my soul until I’ve no rhyme or reason for being. It is not until I discern a small gathering of horses, all species and colors, ahead that I understand.

In their midst rests a large, pale egg atop a pile of sea-washed driftwood. I am hesitant to approach and make myself apparent but the silent melody has only grown stronger, harder to ignore. My eyes sting slightly from its pull, its hold on my soul, so I approach quietly and without greeting. I am late to the gathering and there are many foreign faces that I have yet to meet, but I recognize Cetan amongst them. I nod sullenly to the young stallion but I can still see the perverse admiration in his eyes, the quiet desire to comfort and protect whatever creature lie motionless behind the immaculate shell.

I feel it too though... I am beguiled by the unknown magic instilled within the egg. I am lost to its power and I do not seek to fight it. Be it dark, be it light… I would watch over the unborn babe until its eyes found new life abound. It is not until Cetan steps forth, his voice starting softly at first before growing in tenor, and he sings. I am mesmerized by the sound but it holds nothing in comparison to the pleading of the babe.

I sigh to myself as the end of Cetan’s song before moving forward in turn. Everyone appears to have finished their own tunes, their own beautiful verses of devotion and though I am nervous and vibrating with excitement simultaneously, I begin to sing as well.

What would you do,
if I said I want, but
I don’t need you?

What would you say
if I asked, but
did not beg you to stay?

Where would you go
if I told, but
would not force you to show
me your love?

And how would you act
if I urged, but
would not keep you
from looking back?

If we two become one
with no greater the loss
equality as our minister,
granting devotion,
at no cost.

I’ll give you protection
and freedom, a gift
sleep now my child
for I’ll soon close this rift.

Slowly, I step back and away from the one thing I feel I can never part with. I sing of fairness and justice, a life not bound solely to myself… I wish to experience with the infant and not for it. I long to love once again.

[OOC| Wishlist Seeking a Roc Zephyr & no prior refusals]

Thor the Gentle Heart

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I….actually wasn’t going to see that crowd gathered around something that was obviously interesting. For one thing, it was the beach—with sand—and it was awful and I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. Second, I hurt--

--everywhere--

--and I was in no position to jump into a group brawl. No, believe me, the thought pass through my mind; it was tempting, but I had places to go, things to do, evil to thwart. No, I had to take my merry ass on away from there.

Except I couldn’t for whatever reason. I’m…still not sure why. It was one of those inexplicable feelings that I get in the gut, like an emotion but it’s obvious it’s not coming from me--like how Pa’s magic works sometimes and draws me to him, that spark of his connecting with my spark, or whatever. But this wasn’t that kind of spark; it was too nice to belong to the strange magic that I wield, too plushy, too warm, too…

happy?

I stood there for a while just feeling this…draw, as though whatever fantastic thing in the crowd needed me and only me to approach it. So when I did, I was cautious, kind of leering at everybody and shuffling my way towards the middle of the crowd. An egg was nestled there, all snug and cheerful in the shadows of these grown-ass horses, the receiver of so much affection and attention. Horses were singing around me, beautiful melodies and god-awful howlings, inspired by the queer magic of this egg. My face still hurt from the fire-bears--along with my neck and shoulders and pretty much my entire body—but still, I found myself fumbling for words, and maybe a tune—and hesitating multiple times, because I don’t even know how to talk, much less sing.

"Okay," I said, taking a deep breath—then another, and another, until I finally decided to hell with it and barked it out:

“You want me to sing, so I’ll do it,
You asked me to belt, so I’ll try,
It hurts really bad for my lips to move,
But you asked me to give you a song.

“Um…”
I clamped my mouth shut, stumped, and stared at the egg from the longest time. Because the kind of happiness it was radiating felt like—well, it was a kind of happiness I hadn’t felt myself in a long time. And it was weird, because I wasn’t the one feeling it, so it was just rolled up in my chest some weird way, brushing against my own abrasive bitterness; tangling with it, fighting it almost, like it was trying to wrestle it into submission. I definitely felt that, the battle between this bliss and the panic and temper I sheltered daily. There was no way I couldn’t. It pulled at the back of my throat and made my eyes sting; my breathing got shallow and my head started swimming with something airy and light and sad all at the same time. Familiarity? Or…no, what’s that word?
Nostalgia?

I’m not sure how I found more words to sing—but they came rushing out in a hurry:

“Alone in the sand’s kinda shitty,
Just trust me: I know that it sucks,
It gets in your eye and itches like hell,
And it’s stupid and awful and wrong.”

Yeah, because the beach was a terrible place to keep an egg. I was actually starting to get irritated, righteously angry that something had left their offspring to die here. Then there came that gentle, glittering feeling again, entwining itself inside me until it hurt; wrestling with the tempter that had become so easy for me. The egg was so happy that it was in love--but not the kind of gross-love that nasty people like to do from time to time. Or the mushy crap that horses do when they gather under a tree with rotting fruit-petals. This love was pure, like a child; like it was so content with everything, so peaceful and excited to see everything and meet everyone, without any sort of care in the world.

It’d been years since I felt like that. Back when I roamed the Foothills like I was some big shit—and I probably was, surrounded by this huge family of mercenaries, my Ma and my Auntie at its helm—and Jiji by my side and Bro behind, watching over me, making sure I didn’t trip over myself and eat dirt. And now here I was, having plucked everyone worth any kind of a damn out of my life, one by one, mistake by mistake.

This time I was aware of every word I sang as I looked down that this egg lying so hopeful in the sand.

“You’re pale like the moon—or some ivory(?),
You’re smooth and you’re round, like a ball,
I bet you they think you’re gonna be great,
Like you’re gonna grow up to be strong.”

Jeez, I thought to myself—surprised with how my breath was shaking and how my face was hurting and how something heavy was rattling entirely too hard inside my chest. I was ashamed and irritated to feel tears threaten to pinprick behind my eyes, all because of some shitty song I was singing to an egg that probably couldn’t even hear it. Was I going crazy?

Maybe. Because I wasn’t done singing a damn song.

“My chest and my lungs are on fire,
But I’m cool, if it means that I sing
Just so you know that you have me
To whisper all day: 'You belong!'

Because maybe, I thought, that’s what it was really wanting. Just someone—a whole crowd of people, actually— to soothe it and tell it that it was okay to be so happy; it was okay to be born to an exciting place, and no, we wouldn’t let it turn into a shithole before they were born. We’ll keep it nice and clean for you; we’ll save you a seat.

In retrospect, the egg was kind of a dick.

[Wishlist--Royal Electric Rougarou. No prior refusals.]

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Odd

Rhoa

A pinkish unicorn comes next - in fact, I think she's the one Father recently took prisoner. How strange that she's here .. does that mean he's here too? Before I can follow this trail of thought, she seems to be singing as well. Can she hear the egg too? Does she hear its sad -

Oh.

I skitter backwards. Her voice is unbelievably beautiful, and her words seem perfect. The lyrics that had just fallen from my muzzle suddenly feel so... so completely worthless. I managed to rhyme, but so what? Her phrasing, her pitch and tenor ... everything is just pristine and somehow explicit of whatever it is she's trying to communicate.

I can feel tears begin to well up in my eyes, and I stupidly blink them back. If Father is around what would he think? To see his son singing and then crying? I sniffle as quietly as possible, skittering backwards on the sands, wishing desperately to disappear somewhere, but of course we're on the beach. There's no where to go. I suppose I could fly away but...Oh! More are coming! Moving even further backwards, I listen with a mounting anxiety as they too begin singing. Everyone's song was better than mine. Being young is the WORST.

I look towards the egg, tears now blurring my vision and giving the world a dreamlike quality that burns my heart. I wish this was a dream. I wish I could wake up and take comfort in knowing that my travesty had never been spoken aloud. I tried, I really did but ... But they all have so much more life than I do. They've seen things, done things! Obviously they can offer so much more than I can. I'm stupid for thinking the egg would want anything I could offer.

"I'm sorry..." I mumble under my breath as bodies begin to block the egg from my vision, and their lovely voices fill my ears squashing my apology.

I wanted the egg to know it wasn't alone. I guess it knows that now, no thanks to me.

FOXX

Helovian Ancient
Everyone's poems were so lovely!
I decided to do a dice roll instead to eliminate a few.

Even moves on, Odd does not win. If you have prior refusals, and have an odd and an even, the even will let you move on.

- If you roll a 4, the egg favored your song
- If you roll a 2, the egg disfavored your song and you will have to work harder
(this counts for the first roll only for those with prior refusals, not all)

1. Rhoa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
2. Hotaru || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
3. Destry || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
4. Aurelia || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
5. Sikeax || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4), 1d6 rolled for a total of: 4 (4) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
6. Cetan || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
7. December || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)
8. Silk || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2) , 1d6 rolled for a total of: 3 (3)
9. Hototo || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 1 (1)
10. Brisa || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 6 (6)
11. Thor || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 2 (2)
12. Roskuld || 1d6 rolled for a total of: 5 (5)

Helovian Ancient

Moving forward with favor: Rhoa, Sikeax
Moving forward without favor: Cetan, Silk, Thor
Moving forward: Hotaru, Destry, Brisa
Eliminated: Aurelia, December, Hototo, Roskuld

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The egg, intimated by the strength of the god blood, looked over many, the radiant pull and romantic lull drifting away from them entirely. Two others, one whose heart still belonged to another, dead, and another, so new and fresh, were also removed from the egg's tender, sweet call. The silence following such a beautiful pull was deafening, but to the others, the sweet melody only intensified.

Rhoa's romantic call of being strong together was beautiful, as was Sikeax's desire to heal each other's wounds. However, the songs of Cetan, Silk, and Thor were too rough, lacking the tender, loving romance desired by this soft concept of a companion.

With songs and poems sung, the egg still had quite a few, handsome choices left, and so it set up another task. The egg wanted to be cared for, raised with a deep bond. How would they prove their bonds of love? Each of them would have to tell their tales, their most romantic stories of love between any pair.

-----------------------------------------

Time to tell a romantic tale! For the next round, come up with a story either pertaining to your character directly or involving other characters in Helovia about their romance. Feel free to fudge facts and romanticize the details!

Those with favor in the next round will get three rolls. Those without any get two, and those will less favor will get one.

Stories that are sweet or funny or involving the most blunt lies will certainly win brownies points that will help earn extra rolls. For example, this egg knows nothing about anyone in Helovia, so if anyone wanted to spin a tale about the deep, tender love of Kri and Paladin, I would be deeply amused.

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

DESTRY
rise to the occasion
Many gathered after my song was sung, singing tales of desires to cure, tales of bravery, my mind sinking into a swimming ocean of beautiful harmonies that rang through the air. I listened closely to Aurelia's song, my mind at ease as I melted into her delicately woven words, feeling her presence shifting closer to me. I turn my head and give her a delicate smile, eyes loving and tender as I shift my attention back on the egg, ears flickering to better hear the songs of others.

In the end, there were many who would not be accepted by the egg, Aurelia included, which made my heart sink as I remembered her tale about her companion whom she had lost. You could simply tell by the shift of mood, the way the air around you changed as the egg chose who to listen to and who's songs had not fulfilled it's needs. I could feel it's presence linger upon me, and my thoughts changed to romantic stories. Is this what it desired next? A tale of passionate romance? My heart races as I think of Delinne and my father, wondering if my tale should be other their romance, a story which I am quite familiar. A small smile draws itself upon my lips as I take a hesitant step closer to the drift wood nest, looking down upon the egg. This story may take time,
but it was surely worth it to hear of such sweet times before and after my birthing.

"I'll tell you a love story of my parents, Delinne and Azzaron." I sigh softly, trying to soften my words, leaving my sentences falling from my lips at a gentle pace. "They met in the decent of Birdsong, in the Thistle Meadow which is East of here. My father at the time had been on a quest for magic, leaving him to suffer with smoke in his lungs and burns on his hocks for all of the season. Yet still he worked his way to Delinne, where other stallions were trying to take her as their own. Azzaron stood out for her, a man of gold who could harness fire and soft words, even though he was battered during that time, she still somehow found the good within. Out of sheer luck they met again in the Deep Forest, Azzaron confessing his adoration for Delinne, and from there his actions spoke louder than any of his words ever could." My eyes drift to the horizon as I think back, grasping at the stories that had been told to me over and over again. "That is when I was conceived," A small smile befalls my lips as I think about how happy my mother must have been after finding out she was pregnant. "A mare of the Windtossed Foothills, which is now the Hidden Falls, stole my mother from my father while the moon watched. She remained a prisoner in the Foothills for many a night, hoping to be rescued by her knight in golden hide. And indeed he did come, ready to set the Hills ablaze if that's what it took to get the mare he felt so strongly about. He was determined and courageous, some may say even a little stupid for his brash actions. Together they fled the Hills, granted freedom by the dark mare who had taken my mother, not daring to look back at their new found enemies. They were stopped in the Heavenly Fields when labor befell my mother, leaving her unable to go much farther. It was then that I was born, beneath the watch of Mauja, King of the Basin, and his wicked wench. Mauja with his silver tongue deceived my mother into believing my father had already impregnated another mare, and she was but another lost hope to him. So my mother followed Mauja to his frozen kingdom, my father flying from my birthing site with teary eyes and a sunken heart." A gentle inhale as I prepare to continue on with my tale.

"Yet Azzaron refused to let my mother go, and he followed her and I to the Basin, trespassing on the territory of the unicorn supremacists. Their hateful gazes did nothing to damage him, nor did their threats to remove of his prized wings. Nothing could keep him from seeing his love, not even Delinne's murderous father who had already sliced into Azzaron's flesh during a fight prior to his crossing of the Basin border, the fight leaving him with permanent wounds. My father crossed the border of the Basin, looking for my mother so that he could see her once again and explain the truth to her, win her heart over from Mauja's cold grip. Much to my father's dismay, there was Mauja and his loyal followers to threaten to tear him apart before me. My mother did nothing to help— and she let him go. She let Azzaron leave the Basin without an exchange of words, she did not think what she was doing was hurting him, because she believed the lies Mauja and his foul friends had woven." A gentle smile crawls across my lips as I remember what comes next, when my father taught me about my magic and how I could fly. "I wandered from my mother at that age, although I had no friends to play with because those of the Basin were not in my interests. I found my father outside of the Basin, and I learned of my magic, he taught me the basics of flight, it was the first I had ever actually spoken to him. The reason I hadn't spoken to him much before is because my mother pulled me from his gaze before anything could be exchanged. It was not long after that my mother left the Basin, but my father could not, for he was now a prisoner. Again they were torn apart, this time they feared they may never see one another ever again because Azzaron was forced to remain in the Basin as a prisoner of Deimos, a former ruler of the frozen lands. I too remained in the Basin, tucked away without ever interacting with many. But this isn't really my story, so I won't go into detail about my own adventures during my father's seasons as a prisoner."

"For a season or so my father fought to be freed, insulting the unicorns of the Basin for as long as he could, annoying them and desperately trying to free himself. Fortunately he wasn't noticed one cold night, and flew away to find my mother with her name on his lips. He found her in the Deep Forest, reuniting with her with his heart bursting with joy and together they made yet another child beneath the sky's watchful gaze. That was the turning point for their lives, when everything began to shift and change in ways both good and bad. My mother birthed outside of the Edge where they had been seeking a home, during her birth they were attacked by vicious beings whom tried to consume my brother Azarel. My father bravely fighting alongside Amika, a family friend, to protect my mother. Azzaron learned his efforts were for almost nothing as a golden dragon descended before him, telling him that he could not stay for he had previously challenged Kri, the Sultana of the Throat. Yet he did not give in to the golden queen who came to tell him that if he did not make amends with the Throat, he and his family could not stay, he did not turn away and forget the Edge. I believe he did try to close the open wounds he left the Throat with, I really do think he tried. But it was not long after Azzaron faded into the background, assumed dead by many, however Delinne had not lost hope that one day her golden king would reappear just as lively as before." This is where their story takes a bitter twist, my heart sinking as I recall what happens next.

"The world above was taken over by demons and shadows, leaving the residents of Helovia stuck underground in caves that weave beneath the Heart, which is a lava pit near my home, it is a place where Frostfall does not linger. There my mother, Azarel, Amika and I were, when my father came stumbling from the shadows. He was broken and blinded, and despite only being ten, one would've mistaken him for much older than that with his skinny body and battle wounds. His wings were falling apart, and you could tell he had suffered a great deal during his lifetime. And all of it had been for my mother, he dedicated his life to keeping her and his family safe. He died that day, and I kept his feathers close so that he will always be with me. He gave me this locket too," I crane my neck to put my lips to the golden locket that rests on my breast, a few tears rolling down my cheeks as I do. "It's sad, how in the end, my mother forgot about my father not long after he died, staying with another stallion as though she had been hoping for another life of love and loyalty. I don't think she realizes that the life my father sacrificed for her is a life no one can ever replicate. For there is nothing so bittersweet as a dying breathe given to you with the words 'I love you', dancing from your lover's lips." With tears in my eyes I step back, praying that my story had been enough for the small child within the egg, heart racing as I try to keep myself calm as I recall the blood that slipped from my father's lips as his life faded from his clouded red eyes.
"talk talk talk"
-- really long :x
seeks roc zephyr companion --

art by dark, table code by tamme

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”

I spot Thor amongst the group, and i move closer to him, seeking a familiar face in this sea of strangers, all drawn by the egg's melodic call. I can feel the displeasure directed at me, and a flinch crosses my features before i drop my head. But... unlike some i have not been sent away. Did it still hold hope for me? But when i feel the nudge through my thoughts of what it desired next, my hopes plummeted like a stone off a cliff.

Romance? Love? I had little to no experience of such things, nor did i know anyone here who had such a tale... save maybe... It's a long-shot, and i had already fallen out of favor with the precious being. "Forgive me dragă dragoste..." I wait until the winged-horned-one finished her story before i begin, my voice wavering slightly, fearful of being rebuked and shunned by such a beautiful thing. Not to mention what my story was about. I kept my gaze locked on the egg, focusing only on it and no one else around me.

"I have no stories of love to tell you, for i have never experienced such things. I cannot tell you of love others here hold, for i have not met any who are or were in love... but i have a story, of a growing love, that i hope fulfills your needs.

I am used to being unloved, unfit among others, shunned, scorned, hated, abandoned. But the one that captured my attention did none of these things. He welcomed me as family when he knew me not, and never once mocked me or showed any signs of the dislike and abuse i have grown to expect. Yes, he gets...annoyed with me and my ignorance, my stupidity, my lack of understanding some things. But never once has he raised hoof or tooth against me.

Before he found me, i feared everything. I still do, a little, but much less than before... He was the first, the first to treat me with kindness, with gentle words. He is my dascăl, my teacher. I fear nothing more than failing him, failing the trust he's given me. Love...it is foreign to me. But i like to think... i love him. As the love i've seen between a father and son, a brother and brother. I don't care if it's not returned. He has shown and given me all i've craved since i was born."
I can't keep my gaze on the egg any longer, my eyes falling to the sand. I find it hard to speak now, emotion clogging my throat. To admit this before strangers... i didn't care. I surprisingly...didn't give a damn.

"You're alone. Even though we surround you, you are alone in this world, as i was. I want to help you, more than i can say in this language. I wish to do for you what my blând unul did for me. I want to show you the love and care i have been given." I can say no more. I'm at a loss. Was this the type of love the egg sought? Would i be the next to be sent from it's side, cut off from it's beautiful call? I didn't want to. I felt like i was drowning, and this egg was my salvation. Without warmth, without a caretaker, it would die... i couldn't bear the thought.

My gaze returns to the egg, pristine and pure. Suddenly i feel foolish. The horned-winged one before me told a tale of romance, of love between mates. And i gave it what little i knew. Ignorance. Ashamed, i drop my gaze again, ears pinned back tight against my skull. What was the love of one who knew no such thing worth compared to those who were older, more experienced, who knew what love held in all it's bonds and glory? My relationship with Thor was the only scrap of 'love' i had, that i knew. And i prayed, prayed, it would be enough.

blând unul: Gentle one
dascăl: mentor/teacher/leader
dragă dragoste: dear love
Cetan is seeking his griffin companion~

Word Count:676 Tags:000

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

Odd

Rhoa

I think i've just learned something about the feeling of panic. I thought I knew what it was...thought it was what I felt in the moments when life was seeping out of my body just after my birth. I thought that was panic, that quiet growing darkness that lingered and whispered promises of eternal sleep. But I was wrong. That was nothing compared to what I feel now. This feeling is real, tangible. It isn't dark and quiet, it's bright and demanding. I can feel it tug at my heart, restrict my breathing, and force pin-points of light across my vision.

Panic. Panic. Panic.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ROMANCE. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED TO ME YET. I'M STILL A BABY.

I want to scream this, but I don't. Mother and Father love each other...don't they? The only thing I ever see between the two of them is duty, obligation, and a few whispered words when they think no one is around. I know that I love Ivezho but ... I feel my lip tremble as the thought brushes against my heart. He's been away for so long ... if the Egg wants a story of romance and love conquering all, well...that story has already failed. The time he has been gone has forever robbed us of memories we might have made, and the absence of what we could have had lingers heavily upon my heart. Perhaps I am being selfish, for there will be time later for such stories to begin and end but ... I want them now, and I won't ever be able to have them.

PANIC. PANIC. PANIC.

It froths in my throat, rising up to my tongue and making my mouth feel dry. Only now it is accompanied by something else, a renewed sense of want. It feels urgent and demanding.

Mother and Father won't do .. .and neither will a tale of Ivezho and myself but.. but maybe .. just maybe, this will work.

"Okay. This one is about the Oohlwrick and Cahlooah, and how the Ancient Rotunda came to be." I whisper softly, closing my eyes to try and remember the details. I"m sure this is one that Mother told me ... I'm sure I have the names right ...

"A long time ago there was a novice-builder called Cahlooah. She was very beautiful, but that wasn't the most interesting thing about her. She was very clever. Now this story takes place so long ago, it occurs in a time when mares weren't allowed to hold any ranking positions within herds, and so it was nearly unheard of that Cahlooah could hold such an important position, even if she was just an apprentice. The reason for this is that her uncle, Kadj, was very well liked, strong, and noble. The rest of the herd obeyed his decision, even if they disagreed with it. It was rumored that Kadj was secretly her Father, for no one knew of Cahlooah's sire or dam...but I suppose that isn't important.

Anyways. Kadj wanted Cahlooah to have the best training, so he hired an older unicorn called Oohlwrick to come and train and teach Cahlooah. Although at first this arrangement was strictly a business venture - Oohlwrick would teach Cahlooah and in exchange he would have access to the crafting materials of the Edge - eventually something more blossomed between the two. It was ultimately Cahlooah's wit and impressive intelligence that won over the unicorn engineer more than her beauty (although that didn't hurt either). Romance blossomed between the two under the moon and fog of the edge, with Cahlooah eventually becoming Oohlwrick's equal when it came to crafting.

It wasn't long after their love grew that Cahlooah's belly grew round with a child. Given Oohlwrick' affiliation with the Basin, and given that Cahlooah was an equine and under the employment of Cahlooah's father/uncle/herd leader, the birth of the child was sure to bring scandal. In a panic, Oohlwrick proposed that the two join together in a union with him coming to live with her in the Edge. Cahlooah however hated this plan. To her the idea of placing a title on what they had simply to placate the rest of the world and Kadj seemed to detract from the love that pulsed between them. She didn't care what the others had to say, for she was strong and determined and devout in her love to Oohlwrick. However Oohlwrick was proud, and feared that his creations would be discarded or abandoned if his social standing was called into question. In this regard he begged Cahlooah to be reasonable for his sake. Agreeing unhappily, the two were joined together in secret with only Kadj and a Seer present to witness the bond, under the light of the moon.

Things continued as normal with Cahlooah growing more and more round, unhappy with the politics of the situation, but flourishing with Oohlwrick nonetheless until ....

In the night, sent by Kadj came two mercenaries. Under the cover of darkness they slipped into the meadow were Oohlwrick slept and gelded him viciously, demanding that he be gone by morning lest he wish to suffer more physical reductions. Disappearing with only a note etched in glass for Cahlooah, Oohlwrick returned to the Basin with a story of how his contract had ended with the Edge, and how worthless the hornless truly were. Kadj denied any involvement but his intent had been clear - it wouldn't do to have his niece and most promising builder wrapped up with the likes of a Basin unicorn, much less one he suspected as being involved with The Plague. Unable to do anything in her current state, Cahlooah waited until she gave birth, before abandoning her child to be raised by the Edge and disappearing into the Wilds.

Unable to surface for fear of Kadj's wrath, Cahlooah remained hidden while Oohlwrick was busy creating once again - making creatures even more beautiful than before. He created a great mechanized scorpion to signify resilience, sending it to the Edge to hopefully courier favour once again with Kadj, only to be informed that Cahlooah was no longer there. In an almost immediately response, a blue dragon dropped down from the sky holding a piece of glass. Etched upon it was a crude drawing of the lands, indicating one in particular with a heart on it.

The Rotunda, (although I should mentioned at this time it wasn't ancient, but quite new!). As Oohlwrick made his way into the Wild's where the map indicated, he grew more and more certain that he would see his beloved there and that they would run away together. However as he arrived she was nowhere to be seen. Instead he found the pillars of the structure covered in the most beautiful glass. It wasn't complete yet of course, more panes were needed, but there was only one with the skill and talent to make such a thing: Cahlooah. Suddenly he understood. If they couldn't be together, they could create together, as they always had. Getting immediately to work, Oohlwrick created hinges, braces, and brackets, expertly attaching them to the joints of the structure so that Cahlooah's beautiful work would remain sturdy and supported.

Then, before turning to leave he placed a single rose upon the floor of the Rotunda, before departing back to the Basin before any could wonder where he had gone.

For seasons the two worked like this, always under the cover of darkness and never together, but eventually the labour of their love took form and became apparent. Soon all of the herds had heard of the beautiful structure being created, and Kadj, being no dummy, knew exactly who had been creating it. Sending patrols out the Rotunda was constantly under surveillance, and yet (to this day no one knows how) Cahlooah continued to make improvements and additions, as did Oohlwrick, with Oohlwrick always leaving a rose for her upon the floor. "

I pause, sighing as the images of what I had just described swam before my eyes. "No one knows what happened after that ... No one knows who the foal of the two is, or what happened once the Rotunda was completed."

I'm fumbling now. Mother always told me that stories have morals. So what was the moral of this one? Why in my panic had I decided to tell this particular story?

"Sometimes life gets hard and it makes being with the one you love difficult. But...if you're creative and determined you can make it work. I guess also...well, Oohlwrick and Cahlooah were apart longer than they were together, but they still loved each other. I guess I like that. It doesn't take a lifetime together to form a bond that strong. Sometimes it can just ... it can just happen. I guess I think that's sort of special." I shrug, the weight of being young and uncertain and filled with want pulling heavily on my shoulders and soul.

Rhoa tells the story of Oohlwrick (Ulrik) and Cahlooah (Kahlua) based upon the story of Abelard and Heloise (a 12th century love story!).

Brief Abelard/Heloise lore: Heloise was the niece (although rumored to be daughter) of a man named Fulbert, who brought in Abelard to tutor her (their studies centered around religion and other general academia of the time, as Abelard was a renowned scholar). They have a secret affair and fall in love, Heloise becomes pregnant, begrudgingly marries Abelard to placate Fulbert and keep Abelard in good standing, although Fulbert castrates Abelard anyways. Heloise goes to live in a convent, their child is sent to live with Abelard's family in Brittany (and is never heard from again), and Abelard continues his work. The two write love letters back and forth discussing politics, philosophy, and ethics over the course of several years.

FOXX

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

After attempting to soothe the babe with song verse, I was surprised to hear a shudder in its soothing melody. I tensed slightly, worried that I had not pleased it. The feeling itself was almost heart-wrenching and somewhere in the depths of my mind I knew that I had not given my all. However, each of the subjects was allowed a second chance to earn its favor in the art of storytelling. I feared that I had nothing to share, no imaginative telling of love as mine had always been tainted. When a red-winged mare stepped forward to begin her narrative, I panicked. All around everyone looked as though they had some idea in mind and here I was flustered and nervous without one of my own.

As I glanced around, desperately trying to summon the nerve to fabricate some fairytale of true love between a handsome prince and beautiful princess, I paused on Cetan. He too appeared nervous, though it was typical of the young stallion. He clearly had little to rely on as a colt and somehow that bothered me, even after accepting my responsibility as his mentor. I smiled gently to the Sleuth before looking back lovingly at the egg. When the crimson spotted woman stepped back in order to allow Cetan closer, I watched the stud with fascination. I did wonder if he had ever experienced love in any of its forms but before I could ponder long, his words began to sing a familiar tune.

As soon as the terms “family”, “brother”, and “friend” reeled haphazardly through my understanding, I gaped. Had I not hear right? Were we not supposed to talk of romantic love? But Cetan’s story was so obviously about me! I was frozen, unable to escape the idea of admiration and devotion revealed to me in his story. It wasn’t until he backed away from the babe that I was able to regain my composure… what a day this was becoming.

Another young colt took Cetan’s place before the egg and told a story that I had a hard time hearing. I was still too shocked by the admission of my very own Sleuth to comprehend anything else. However, when it was my turn, my mind was so hazy that I was uncertain I could even formulate a sentence, much less a story of love and romance. Hesitantly, I moved forward again while peering down at the babe. I’d wasted all of my time and now I had to come up with something quick.

But what came to my mind was not what I’d expected.

However, I couldn’t fight it. I couldn’t fight her memory anymore and so I relented, determined to paint the “fairytale” of my own love and my own loss.

When I met the first woman I’ve ever loved, there was something in the way that she looked at me and saw beyond my insecurities that captivated me. She was fiercely loyal and kind, but not without fault. A mysterious darkness plagued her and made her someone she wasn’t and it… well, it broke my heart to see her that way.

The hatred that fueled my burning desires was directed inward, at the weakling with whom I am unfortunate enough to share a body with. It would be a lovely joke of the gods, to trap two such different faes in the same form, forever battling for control.”- Tamira

She was ill, so very ill, and fought hard to keep her secrets hidden until she just couldn’t. This woman, the one this story is about, had the most beautiful soul and you could see it when you looked into her eyes. She was vivacious and intelligent, so much so that it was easy for me to look past her sadness, her silent cries for help.

Could he help me? I didn't know, I didn't care. All I knew was that I needed him. I needed Thor.”- Tamira

I was blinded by my love for her; I had been a truly selfish man in my youth… But after witnessing that darkness for myself, I could stand it no longer. I did the only thing I knew to do and perhaps the only thing I’ve never done before. When I called upon the great Earth God to provide me guidance, he answered. You see my dear, the only magic I now possess is the ability to heal such darkness… darkness of the mind.

"Serve those you seek to heal, Thor, and you shall have my appreciation."- Earth God

When the Earth God granted me my wish, he taught me how to erase my beloved’s pain. He blessed me with the power to divide the separate personalities existing within her head and I did so hoping that it would be the answer to her grief. For a time, we were infinitely happy. I was able to convince her to come with me to the World’s Edge where I introduced her to my loving family and she was graciously accepted into the fold. We thrived there, building trust and a life together.

I smiled to myself at the thought of Tamira and the way her deep brown eyes always seemed to find mine, even in a sea of faces. She had been my light, my comfort, my soul… For the first time in years I was able to conjure her image within my thoughts. Her smile was just as I remembered and it brought a single tear to my eye. I attempt to dash it away but it only crept down my cheek and stained the dark fur.

I was the happiest man on earth with her at my side… But, not as happy as I was when my daughter was born. It was the most magical day, and still is, in my entire life. To look into her eyes and realize that I could no longer love anyone more... I guess it’s enough to admit that Essetia and my beloved changed me forever. I was high on happiness, high on their love, and high on my perfect life.

I would not leave this child if death were upon me. I would fight through any pain in order to see her safe. It was instant, an impact that only a father and mother would know of.”- Thor

Some weeks after my daughter was brought into the world, I was offered the opportunity of a lifetime. I was asked to lead alongside a great mare in the World’s Edge. I couldn’t believe how wonderful things were, how successful I’d become in such a short time. I had found love, a family, and reputation… at least that’s what I thought. That is, until everything started to fall apart. My beloved was the first to fall. With sadness filling the holes I’d created in her conscious with my magic, she began to question everything about herself. It was a never ending spiral that eventually consumed her and broke her down.

Of course, I had been so occupied with my new rank as WeyrLeader, to notice. She became more distant and cold, overwhelmed by her doubt and ever-growing angst… and all of that pain it,-“ I stammered heavily, “-it devoured her. It forced her to wander recklessly in search of the side of her I’d taken. At first her journeys were but a day, but then they grew longer and more unpredictable... Perhaps that why I didn’t go looking; perhaps that’s why I stopped waiting,” I choked.

I couldn’t find the strength to look around at my observers and instead fixed my eyes on the babe, unabashed.

It wasn’t until days after that I learned of my beloved’s murder and I don’t think I ever truly recovered from the blow. I was so young, so naïve, and certainly too immature to deal with the repercussions of her loss… so I abandoned my perfect life in favor of seeking punishment for the things I’d done or failed to do. You see my dear, though that love was tragic, it will always be remembered. I have learned from my mistakes and have matured from the young, foolish man I used to be. Age can be a funny thing and a life changing thing at that. I know now that I am capable of loyalty and of making my family my priority. I can care for you and we can learn and grow together… This is my chance to love again and so fully that nothing can break us,” I breathed with new resolve. “I may not be the daring young boy you’d imagined or the sweet, maternal woman you’d prefer, but I can promise you love and devotion. I can promise that I’d never make the same mistake twice.

[OOC| Wishlist Seeking a Roc Zephyr & no prior refusals]

Thor the Gentle Heart

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring