the Rift

i was born without this fear[Open/Throat]

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
If you could flick the switch and open your third eye
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die

The sun rose over the hills and valleys, lifting the world around the still beast to life. Black wings carefully shielded the stallion, his legs tucked up into his belly. The massive, dark pegasus was pulled into a tight ball, painting the obvious picture that he had been trying to protect himself. But from what? Nothing but the dark stallion gave life to the forest, he was utterly alone. His breathing was even, his sleep undisturbed in this moment. The sun passed above his head, far above the trees and the mountains that lined the foreign lands around him, time ticking away slowly. The beast seemed to be in a state of perpetual rest.

Finally, he began to stir. Feathers twitched and muscled began to be felt once more before the stallion groggily lifted his head from the safety of his impressive black wings. Blinking in the bright sunlight, the stallion let his ears twitch and his nostrils flare as he took in the scents around him. This place was foreign to him, and confusion stirred in his mind, but panic did not flare in his breast. Shakily, the stallion lifted to his cloven hooves. The image must have looked like that of a newborn foal rising onto gangly limbs for the first time, for this man was waking from a terribly long sleep. How long he had been out he did not know, nor did he know how he got to where he was. All he could remember was fire and ash, and then blackness. Where was he?

Taking careful steps forward, the stallion walked deeper into this new land. As he woke, his senses heightened to their peak once more, and his adrenaline tightened his body. Every sound around him made him jump to alert action, his wings spread at his sides, ready to take to the skies for evasion or battle. Einarr, the lone warrior, was truly alone. Eyes, colored like the deep sands of his home, fluttered about left and right, up and down, searching for signs of horse-life. Grunting and sniffing, the stallion explored the forest on quick cloven hooves, muscles bunched and ready to react. Reaching a clearing, the stallion waited. The sun was high now, and it warmed his dark back and his wings. His body was beginning to sweat with the stress of this new place, though no horse-like life had been seen. Spreading his wings to their full wingspan, Einarr lifted his body into a high rear and struck at the wind with his dangerous weapons. "Jadi!" His command and call rang out, his deep voice seeming to shake the world around him. Birds flew from their limbs and rodents scuttled away from him, taking shelter. Come to me, reveal yourself.

[Open~ I prefer throat for him, but I would love some multi-horse interaction!!]

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

This quiet Birdsong afternoon is shattered to a billion pieces by an uplifting bellow. The word sounds like a name, though I wonder if such was what it truly was. Yar, tis a word that is unfamiliar to my span. Though truthfully the vocal itself is of little significance, tis the tone that is evidently pressing, urgent. This body lopes for the trail without hesitation. Smooth steps quicken into a brisk trot. With Helovias murderer still afoot, I wouldn't chance the cry for simply noise. Fina erupts from the overhanging canopy, Neve is in tow and proudly carrying a branch full of cherry size berries, their hue resembles the vibrant essence of twilight. (Their name alludes me.)

Fina's talons are empty, a thing which has evidently rubbed her cross. Both avians alight across the patchwork flesh on my rear. Their combined weight is a growing familiarity. Fina scowls and refuses an offering of what nature has provided. The sulking phoenix would rather have a pump squirrel hooked in her beak. We break out from the treeline; I boldly push past low hanging bramble with less care than would be otherwise shown. Gaze stretches to a tall stranger standing in the center of yon glade.

His battleborn body ripples with muscle, massive feathers stretch along his mature length. I pause, breathing in a soft rasp, "Pardon," this fellow didn't harbor the appearance of someone in need of assistance, "I heard a call." Ears pitch forward, uncertain. Perhaps he'd heard the same.

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus

There was nothing like flying in the Birdsong air. The winds were changing, wild, unpredictable until they settled into their summer pattern. Spring and Autumn were wonderful times to fly in, and the Morningstar was taking full advantage of it, out on a morning fly across the Threshold, idly looking for any recruits to bring home with him.

It was a shout, a demand that pierced through the air, that drew Bucephalus's attention from the air towards the Threshold below. There was a pegasus... unfamiliar. Opportunity. The Morningstar tucked wing and dove down, landing before the other stallion, his gold eyes flickering over him. "No need to yell, friend." He called, walking to a polite distance from the other, noting just then the painted stallion that had entered as well. "And well met once again, Midas was it?" He called, approaching the pair. His gaze turned towards the newcomer then.

"Bucephalus, Chancellor of the Dragon's Throat, at your service." He said, bowing his head to the other. He didn't include his title nor his rank, the former still...odd to him, and the latter just wasn't of importance as of yet. Later, rank could come. For now, introductions.He lifted his head to look at him, ears pricked. His gaze flickered to Midas again, spotting the second bird on his shoulders. Well, that was new.

"Welcome to Helovia, by the way." Then again, he didn't make it a point to search for other ways in or out of Helovia. He had too much going on in his life. It was actually going to be difficult to seek out recruits for the Throat with his new rank and all the responsibilities that went with it.

@[Einarr]

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3
Force and minor powerplay is allowed
Please tag me in all posts

Pixel by Aud

Time

The beast's call is obeyed quickly, and it causes the inky creature to fold his massive wings back at his side and stand squarely on the loamy, moss covered soil. His head lifted proudly, an arch that was confident in his abilities as he surveyed the two pegasi that came to his beck and call. They were both smaller than him and painted in black, white, and hues of gold. Perhaps they were brothers? Warriors at arms together? His nostrils flared. Surely not, for they smelled completely different. The smaller one held the scent of pine and deep water, whereas the taller one smelled of cracked and dry earth and sweat. The second was a smell all-too familiar to the lone warrior, and he was drawn to it. Taking one step forward as the pegasi spoke to each other, Einarr's tail flicked against his dark hocks.

"Name Einarr." His voice was deep and handsome, but the words seemed strained. It was apparent that he had not used this tongue in quite some time, for the word he had screamed into the wind before their arrival was smooth and easy. "Einarr lajak. Strong army. Serve strong army." His brows furrowed as he listened to the stallions both speak, taking in the taller, desert-smelling one's name. Bucephalus. It was odd, truly, and the dark stallion wondered if it had a deeper meaning. "You have army?" The stallion asked both, red-brown eyes flicking between the two black-white-gold stallions. He was still not entirely convinced they were not brothers.

He knew he was far away from his home, far away from his herd and his family and his life as a warden. In this new land, this warrior would need to fit in to what he knew. He knew warfare and battle, his scarred body a testament to his knowledge and prowess on the field and in the lead. His ears continued to flick upon his head, his eyes narrowed some in a manner of a studious scholar hunkered over a troublesome problem, waiting for the stallions to respond to him--and for the smaller one to give his name. Even with his wings folded at his sides and his cloven hooves planted squarely, Einarr was on alert, ready to spring into action should these brothers-not-brothers turn on him.

[Translation: lajak -- warrior || @[Midas] @[Bucephalus] ]

pixel by sourful
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Before anything more could be said or done, the musical rhythm of wing beats drummed a steady tempo overhead. Fina frowned, glancing his way with as much care as a bear gave a tick. My bottomless gaze lifts curiously toward the clearing above us. A familiar fellow known as Bucephalus touched down, his focus is eagerly on the stranger.

Once upon earth the desert stud took note of me and offered a polite greeting. Thus saving this voice the trouble of announcing myself, "Aye, well met," he'd remembered the name though I couldn't recall if this gilden soldier knew the embellishment that went with such birthsake. Likely not.

Though it would seem that the lad had earned a rank for himself; the familiar label 'chancellor' followed his introduction. Yar, it would seem Dragons Throat had three leads seeing to the herd. Politics were set aside when our company introduced himself as Einarr. His mention of armies brought a knowing smile to my jaw, the dark fellow seemed to be a soldier.

Aye, a possible boon to the herd. With Birdsong in full swing it never hurt to bolster the crowd with promising new blood. "Yar," I answered first, "we are many warriors strong. Ye would be welcome in Hidden Falls as a brother among the ranks." Neve chortled her agreement and clicked her beak, which was stained a vibrant shade of crimson from the juice of those berries. Drops dribbled down the front of her feathered breast, giving the illusion she'd been stabbed.

MIDAS

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus

The black regarded the taller stallion, his gaze flickering over the mottled scars on his hide. Soldier to the bone. Where Buce's strengths lay in subterfuge and clever fighting, this one looked more the walk-up-and-bash-your-face-in type. Gaucho's type. It amused Bucephalus for some odd reason.

"Einarr. Strong name." And he meant it. The name rolled off his tongue, a purring sound across the 'r's. Finally a name that fit the bearer. "Dragon's Throat would welcome a soldier as well." His head tilted slightly, gold eyes regarding the taller curiously. "I think this would be a choice of your preference in habitat. Dragon's Throat is a desert, and it's people as fiery as our home." Wasn't that the truth?

His gaze flickered to Midas, curiosity in his eyes. The black's thoughts flickered to his own crossing through the Threshold; how different would things have been had he followed Elsa that day? Thrown his energy behind the painted stallion's rule? But shortly he returned his focus to Einarr. He was happy, content in the Throat. The desert had caught his heart, and he was growing to be... well fond of his herdmates. Of his family. "The Throat is always welcoming of warriors, vast majority of the herd are fighters in one form or another."

His wings shifted as the black rolled his weight, a thoughtful rumble in his chest. "Believe me, there's also potential to rise rather swiftly through the ranks." He spoke from experience. Sometimes he still wondered what Gaucho saw that made him vault Buce from crafter to Chancellor so quickly. "I think you would make a fine addition to our family." He said honestly, gaze flicking up to the other's.

Tags: @[Midas] @[Einarr]

The Morningstar
Art done by Euphoriaxo
Coding by Tamme<3
Force and minor powerplay is allowed
Please tag me in all posts

Pixel by Aud

Time

With his attention so keenly focused on the stallions before him, Einarr had not noticed the companions that perched proudly with the smaller black-white-gold stallion. A flicker of movement caught his attention, however, and he set his scope on them. One was a glorious, fiery bird. Age made the face look wise and experienced, opposite from the beautiful bird of ice that rested near it. The other bird was smaller, younger, more innocent to the world. Einarr had seen only glimpses of creatures like them in battle against smaller bands. The creatures--companions--were strong, the lone warrior knew, but he also knew they did not survive if their master fell in battle. His own king shared a bond--with a companion--but it was not as majestic, as mystical as these animals, no. It was simply a large, aged vulture that hissed at many. It was an unpleasant creature to be around, but these magical avian cousins seemed more tame than the wild beast that shared Einarr's once-king's heart. The warrior knew, in the pit of his stomach, that he likelihood of seeing his king, his family, his army again was smaller than the grains of sand that lined his home. This saddened him, but the warrior did not let his stalemate of a stoic expression fade.

The smaller stallion, laced with companions, spoke little, but gave insight to his army. The man welcomed the dark warrior with open wings, offering a place in his regime. Einarr nodded, listening well, but the words still mixed in translation in his head. He spoke their tongue, but not with the fluency and eloquence that this one did before him. He was a peon, still learning the way to move his tongue. He only knew how to perform these words because of prisoners he had to maintain--gain information from--and one had been kind (if you could call it that from the force it took to break him) enough to teach him. "Hidden Falls." Einarr said the name of this stallion's herd, letting the sound of it roll off his tongue with ease. He would commit it to memory, though he was wary about this land. This stallion--king of this land, the warrior assumed--had yet to give his name. Somewhere deep in the primal stallion's mind something told him not to follow someone who did not have the trust or the confidence to share his name with strangers.

It was when the other black-white-gold stallion spoke that Einarr turned to him, ears moving to listen. Unlike the unnamed, Bucephalus trumpeted praise of his land in many words. Einarr kept up with him, but his brows still furrowed in a strained way. The massive warmblood mutt have no sign, no nod, but simply weighed his options in silence. The Dragon's Throat seemed strong--it held a stronger name, even, than the Hidden Falls, and that intrigued the inky stallion. However, it was the promise of desert that finally captured the stallion's mind and heart. Reddish-brown eyes widened some and he took a step towards Bucephalus. "Dragon's Throat home sound good. Einarr lajak in Dragon's Throat, serve with life." Einarr looked to the other stallion momentarily, tail flicking against strong hocks. "I remember you, Hidden Falls, for peaceful meetings in future." The tallest stallion of the trio nodded his head to the unnamed king and his magical birds, in a slight sign of respect, before moving closer to Bucephalus and stretching his impressive wings.

"You take me to Dragon's Throat."

[Translation: lajak -- warrior. Einarr has chosen the DT! Thanks for threading with me you guys <3 I am going to make a thread in the Throat for Buce to introduce him/accept him. || @[Midas] @[Bucephalus] ]

pixel by sourful
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Yar, it was dually noted that the fellow could rattle off words in rather quick succession. I listened with polite amusement as they conversed on. Behind me a certain companion yawned; Fina was expressing through our bond that she was bored beyond measure and would rather my purpose be to wrap this up swiftly. I smiled to myself and said nothing in reply, she doesn't find my hint toward humor appealing. A snarl is my reward. When I take no heed, the girl spreads her flaming wings to show outward agitation. Beside her, Neve opens her jaws to softly coo a soothing hum. For the moment my transgressions are forgotten.

The dark one called, Einarr, stats his choice of home. I nod to him and reply, "I welcome future meetings. Long days and pleasant nights to ye both." muzzle angles to Bucephalus as a small smile flicks across. It was time to make myself useful elsewhere. Unhurried, I turn to trail from their mist back into the shadowy forest. On my rump a single pair of sharp, judgmental eyes are watching the Throat lead with all the discontent they can muster and another set is gazing with a strange fixation at something above us.

Aye, as much as I would've enjoyed having a newblood to take home. The Throat needed to boast their numbers, just as we needed to nourish ours. There would always be other opportunities in these woods and out among the wild reeds.

MIDAS