the Rift

[OPEN] As fickle as a feather.

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

I walk slow, head low, dragging my lips along the ground. My lips are chilled from touching the ice, but I don't care. I haven't been in an overly caring mood lately. I mean I haven't cared about anything. Not the trouble I had been in with mother. Not the warming weather. Not the chill I now felt. I really just felt buried in mixed emotions. Memories flashing in my mind. Blood from a fellow herd mate, the screams of terror of a mother losing her child, the amazing healing power of time. The sight of my sad father, and his pitiful apology for whatever he was apologizing for. I wasn't sure. It struck me however that my mother only knew so little about him. I wanted to know more, to know about the father I had been stuck with. Would I even see him again? Did I have any siblings. Who would know the answer to these things.

The growing child moves closer to the center of the Basin, and searches for her herd mates. The ones she looks for are the older ones. At least anyone who was here for her fathers reign or knew him in any marginal way. Finally the child comes to a halt, and she looks around her. All is quiet. Was anyone even out?"Hello?" My voice travels around, echoing in the quiet. I wait for someone to arrive, to help me understand him. Understand why he doesn't want me, why he is sorry, and to understand the forced family I would now have.

"talk talk talk talk "
Tagged;; Open to anyone who knows Mauja
Words;; 263 words
Notes;; I think this is a major part of Glacia's development, and I would like it if she knew as much about her father as possible, as well as about her siblings. @[Aviya] Maybe she could arrive and possibly give some insight on Tamlin in some way? @[Jakar] maybe he would want to be here to learn some about Sno? Anyway, it is open to anyone and every one who knows Mauja and Glacia's siblings. (:

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan & Mauja,
I am near you, you don't see me, can you feel me, I'm closer than close

Ridiculous.

The Nightshade had been restless for days since the makeshift meeting that announced another Lady to oversee their herd. Although the Time God seemed quite set on it, the Mender was unsure whether he would get along with Ophelia and her tainted blood. In moments of clarity, he could reason with himself for being a hypocrite when he didn’t have the conviction to try take the crown for his own and every time he thought of why he came up blank. Was it because he had followed all his life? Was this now all he was capable of? Did he even want such titles? The shade’s answer to that question was a mixture of yes and no, the responsibilities not so much and the power maybe. Yet, didn’t his role already hold a certain amount of influence? In the end, as always, the shade convinced himself that he didn’t want to try his luck in order to win something that meant so little to his own desires. He was a selfish creature with insanity problems, the herd wouldn’t want him at the head and he’d only lead them down the gutter.

Still, uncertainty racked his mind as recent events all hit him at once, change never sat well with d’Artagnan and this time certainly wasn’t any different. He paced through the snowy landscape of the Basin with a look of thunder on his face whilst Aramis had disappeared on a hunting trip. The odd wave of satisfaction would hit the Doctor when his bonded friend landed a kill. At least someone was having fun.

His aimless pacing brings him towards the middle of the Basin where he catches the sight of a dark movement. A child, not quite a yearling, the tell-tale gangly body giving away her youth and her questioning voice travels far enough to reach the Nightshade’s ears. The closer he gets to her the more familiar she becomes though exactly why the Doctor couldn’t quite put his finger on. The filly looked like a darker, sootier version of Mauja, as if someone had turned him inside out and shrunk him a fair few hands. Who was this girl? Surely it was just a coincidence. However, d’Artagnan wouldn’t be all that surprised if he found that the child was indeed related somehow, the Frostheart had a way with mares. He knew this because he’d seen it for himself, that day many years ago on the cliff tops of the Worlds Edge; he’d watched the former King be seduced by the all too tempting Lotus whilst he got sent away to knock Gossamer off a cliff. Alas, he couldn’t complete the latter, but ‘ol Mauja managed his end easily enough.

Indeed. Who was this child? “What's wrong, young ‘un?”

[ooc: Glacia is an almost Mauja ;~; I CAN USE THIS TABLE >< *sobs*
anyway, d'Art knows Mau quite well? Or well enough that he should know enough to give you some development. Hope you don't mind me chucking him in here <3]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

For a few moments there is no one. Then a mildly familiar face emerges. I tilt my head slightly at him, trying to place his face, but failing. He moves with grace, that denies his age. The young face lifts and the thick neck arches, giving her a shoulders a lift from the slightly slumped position. She now stands tall and straight, pride etched in the face and each muscle of the child. Her white horn spiraling into the air. The small black ears flip forward as the icy eyes close slowly and open again. The bay speaks to her, the curved harks catch the vibrations, that give signals to her brain, forming the sound of words. “What's wrong, young ‘un?” Says the man, and I take a deep breath, the glacial eyes closing as I think carefully about exactly what I want to say. What was wrong exactly? Nothing really. Not really wrong in the sense of the word.

The glacial eyes open to find the man with the glass horns. "What is wrong is my lack of knowledge of my father." I state. My head cocks slightly to the side, and my bright eyes narrow at this man. "I am seeking information about him. You may know him if you where once under his reign. His name is Mauja." I hope that this man knows him well enough to give me what I want to know. If not. Well. I might have to go searching else where. The thought of the terrifying mare Aviya strikes my mind, and my insides squirm in mild fear of her. She obviously knew my father. But I had a feeling her vision and hatred of him might be twisted, and I wanted to hear the honest truth about him. I already had a pretty good idea of his faults.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your name? You can call me Glacia."

"talk talk talk talk "
Tagged;; @[d'Artagnan]
Words;; 336 words
Notes;; Yay! This is wonderful! Also, d'Art is a time mender, and Glacia has an interest in becoming one ;3 Thank you for throwing him in here for her too.

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan & Mauja,
I am near you, you don't see me, can you feel me, I'm closer than close

He was right! This was the Frosthearts child.

d’Artagnan struggled to school his face from bursting into laughter. That shady bugger! Was this becoming his friend’s new occupation? Repopulate the world with mini versions of himself?! Not that the Mender could talk with his band of misfit children, yet, at least they all knew who he was and about his life. This one had no clue, perhaps even only a name, ”that punk” he muttered internally. What, was he getting lazy enough that he couldn’t even educate his own kids! Why should he do this? A plethora of curse words sprang to mind and he directed them all at the snowy bastard. In the end, the Nightshade gave in to to the girl and her problems, but he would teach her history in his own way. A young mind was the easiest to corrupt and especially one that sought answers. He rolled his tongue and waited for her to finish her last question before a calculating smile curled onto his lips as he dipped his head in greeting. ”I’m d’Artagnan, your local Time Mender” he introduced first. ”It’s nice to meet you, Glacia, daughter of the Frostheart” he played with his words taking enjoyment in what was turning out to be an interesting meeting.

”Do I know Mauja?” He mulled in his head, he knew some facts, a little of his friend’s personality, but did anyone ever really know the former King? Even the Nightshade struggled to keep up with the spotty git’s up and down roller coaster of changing personality. He had changed a lot from the stallion that had recruited him to Moon Doctor that time many seasons ago and at times, d’Artagnan missed the ruthless stallion that lead with conviction and power. That Mauja was easier to understand than the Mauja of now and this was the Doctors verdict.

”Mauja, aye, I know him. Quite well really, or I used to. What do you want to know?” He asked the daughter. Was he a good man? Was he aspiration worthy? Weren’t they the things a child wanted to know, or wished of a parent, footsteps to follow or a guide to stop them falling.

[sorry for the lateness!! D: I almost completely forgot ><]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!