the Rift

a .l i g h t. in the dark [ Query | Paladin ]

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

They were headed toward the northeast, away from the slowly sinking sun. Kanti hadn't realized how big the mountains were, nor their actual distance from the Threshold. Now she gazed at them in awe. She was still trying to put all her questions into a coherent order, but she couldn't seem to focus. The mountains were just so big! "I've never seen mountains before I same into Helovia," Kanti stated softly, her amazement evident in her voice. Her herd had lived on plains - there were a few rolling hills, but nothing like the rocky giants before her now.

"You don't live all the way up there, do you?" she couldn't help the hint of fear from her voice - Kanti wasn't necessarily afraid of heights, but she'd never been higher than the low hills of home, and she was sure that no Equine, or even the Unicorns, could brave the steep sides of the mountains without plummeting to their deaths. Perhaps the Pegasi, with their wings and flying and such, could perch on such treacherous terrain. But not me, she thought.

This had been a strange day for Kanti. She was, on the one hand, very confused about this new land and its off hybrid creatures - at least, that's how she imagined them in her head. But then she was also very pleased to have found her new home. Home, Kanti thought, rolling the word around in her head as she surveyed the mountains. Yes, this was her new home. She had a good feeling about this. Kanti smiled to herself. It was good to be home.

Table & Character © RayoDeSoleil | Background Image © B-r-a-c-i-a-t-a.deviantart.com

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
As the sun was setting behind them Query led this new mare toward the Foothills, she kept an eye on the reactions of Kanti for they were kind of like her own when she first stumbled into this new land. Though Query had to admit, that she wasn't quite as shocked as this mare appeared to be. Of course Query had the experience of moving around a lot, so she got to see a lot of new territory.

The golden mare slowed down a bit and was staring up at the mountains. She seemed awestruck over the height of those mountains.

"No, we don't live up there, but we do live close to those. I myself haven't been up in those mountains yet. Though one day I will try to explore them. But probably not until I get a better feel of this land."

"Anyways, if we wait here a bit I'm sure Paladin will come along to welcome you to the herd."

Query decided to lay down and rest a bit, although it wasn't a very long or grueling journey it had been a long day for Query. Curiosity really takes a lot of energy out of one.