Fable Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
F
A
B
L
E

She stands on the border, her senses telling her to stop. Empty blue eyes sweep over the barren landscape, slowly coming to life. Patches of melted snow lay here and there, but for the most part new grass has started growing, fresh and young. She turns her head to gaze into the valley, nestled into the mountains. As far as she can see, there is nobody around, but it does not matter, for soon someone would come. She knows this as she allows the breeze to carry her scent away into the Basin.

She has come here for one reason only; to practise. She sought to ally with the Basin to practise stealing. She does not wish to join, or actually steal, merely to be part of the alliances so she can practise without making enemies just yet. She would have to find out who the allies of the Basing is, of course, if they let her, that is.

Although her days of herds were long gone, swept away by the winds of change, she knew the herd life well. She knew of the basic ranks necessary to every herd, she knew of the things the ranks did. Her most beloved rank was that of the Ghosts; stealing. But she does not know anything of this place called Helovia, and so she must learn. That is why she has come here today.

She lifts her dished head and her nostrils flare as she tries to find a scent. None. She lowers her head and pricks her ears, waiting for any movement. She will learn to survive in Helovia yet.

Speech

Image Credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Gah! That small creature had proved such a pain. It was only a day or so old, but the gold was already tired of it. The fawn had not only broke his precious, but was calling upon the golden at his every moment for food, or water, or whatever, and the gold was simply done. Snorting and shaking his horned head he stepped out of his cave over the valley to leave it. Let it fend for itself and see how lucky it had it. The sharp cold wind which usually took his breath away, was light now that spring was coming. Though the Basin was always a bit of a winter wonderland, those who knew its harshest moments could sense its change. Looking out over the valley though, it seemed no one had noticed. Not a soul was out in the valley. Shaking his horned head the gold moved off to head down to the valley. They must all be huddled in their caves like bats hiding from the sunlight. Typical.

Coming off his ridge though the gold sniffed about the air a most curious scent. It was not of the Basin at all. Pinning his golden harks back he turned, and headed towards the scent. Keeping to the pines, he came to their end and saw in the distance a mare, waiting at the edge of their lands. At least she had the sense to not enter. Still, she seemed to hesitate on the edge, waiting. Now the gold was not one to seek out company, but he was a curious soul, and seeing how no one else decided to wake up today, might as well investigate. Picking up a rolling three beat the twin horned moved up to the ridge where the grey lady stood. She certainly was not of the Basin, but had every qualification, mainly two long, red tipped horns. Though there was not a hint of tension in her, or anything yet to gain the gold’s suspicion, she had it. None usually bothered to come this far north for a holiday. So either the lass had a purpose or she needed to get lost. Sliding up to a stop before her the gold played out his usual charms. “You’re far too lovely to be all up here on your own.” Smiling as he spoke the gold flicked his tasseled tail about his hocks. He needed a distraction for the little creature holding up inside his cave, and though he was never one to take things all the way, a pretty little distraction might be just what he needed.

OOC :: @[Fable]
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
"You only say that because you wish to woo this fine maiden to satisfy your loins."

Sarcastic tones spit from Rhiannon's upturned, grinning lips before she's capable of really stopping herself, but that was simply how she treated most of the male kind. Only a few were exception... Save Deimos and her father, Crowley. Although their last encounter left her equally as bitter and hurt. They were petty, imperfect, and unsavory creatures to look upon, males... And Rhiannon didn't want this newcomer's first impression to be of him, this golden-boy who she had never had the displeasure of meeting. Thank the God of the Spark.

The Brindled Devil had been moving across the Basin borders since morning, doing her duty as a Soldier should when she spotted this little 'meeting'. The golden male smelled of home, and while she didn't recognize him as Plague, that didn't matter. He was a male, and he was beneath her in status... But Rhiannon remained standing with that smile upon her lips, icy-silver and molten-gold eyes focused only on the stranger who had wandered towards their borders.

She was a pretty thing, as white as snow, long, furling strands of her mane and tail and a savory, dished face that would've made Rhiannon drool had her heart not been stolen by her Spy, that was for certain, but it was clear that this stranger was here for a purpose. No one, unless suicidal, came to the Aurora Basin for a casual chat... And since this female specimen had two beautiful horns upon her brow, the Brindled Devil assumed that she was looking for a place to call home. Or so she would hope.

"Greetings, Miss," Rhiannon began casually, sashaying closer and stepping up close enough to be next to the golden-stud without truly standing beside him, and smiled towards the newcomer, "I am Rhiannon, faithful Knight, Soldier, and Weaver of the Aurora Basin... May I inquire your identity?" Eloquence to welcome the newcomer, kindness to make her feel at east... Everything this stallion lacked. As she spoke, the brindled female kept her head poised high, horns ascended towards the heavens, and didn't show one weakness before this stranger and the male who she had never met.

Funny... She had been among the Aurora Basin since her birth, and there were so many who she didn't know.

@[Fable] @[Thranduil]

Unregistered
F
A
B
L
E

Finally.

Her waiting has paid. A movement draws her attention, and her gaze narrows before spotting the origin of it easily. A sharp golden contrast against the white and green of the world surrounding her. On the winds she caught scent of a stallion, infused with the smell of pine trees sucked into his coat like one might absorb the sunlight. He carries two horns too, a satisfying sight, but one that little notice is taken of; a simple note taken to the back of the mare's head. He slides to a stop in front of her, lightly spraying snow everywhere.

A charmer huh? Well, Fable has never been one to be charmed. She simply looks at the golden one with a blank stare, eyes empty and unaffected. "Hardly," she says flatly before her attention is pulled from the beast to another approaching. A mare. Well well, how interesting. A small smirk tuggs at the ghost's dark lips. But, she has to be decent, because she needs this.

The other mare speaks; soft bells ringing with a dark sound and full of confidence. But Fable takes little notice, only addressing the words before tossing them away. Useless. She studies the mare; she is quite beautiful.

Dark in colour with horns similar to the golden one's. White lines crawl up her barrel, before a barren strip of black separates them from similar lines dripping off her back. Like blood. A most beautiful pattern dominates her one eye, curling just underneath. She is a sight sure enough, and someone who's name shall be remembered. Eyes of ice and gold clash with the cool blue of the white mare's as the dark one speaks.

Fable's head simply bows a little in a return greeting; about the extent of her kindness. Ah, Aurora Basin. So this is the place the ghost is looking for then. Another thing jumped at Fable out of the sentence; a name. Rhiannon - pretty enough. Although, like Elsa's, the name seems to lack meaning.

"Name? Hmm... that would be Fable," the ghost replied to the spoken question, seeming to forget her calling for a mere second before falling upon the vocals. A cool sound, nothing like the warmth names were usually called upon. To the ghost it makes no difference, whether an individual has a name or naught, then again; little matters to her.

"I am here because I ask a favour..." she finally begins, pausing to let her words sink in. My, aren't you chatty today? she thinks sarcastically to herself. "I understand your herd has an alliance with another?" she asks, abandoning her earlier words for the time being.

She pauses again, waiting for an answer.

Speech
Sorry for the wait <3. Please tag Fable! :)
@[Rhiannon] @[Thranduil]

Image Credit

Why did every mare in this frozen hell have to be a little more than a bit of a bitch. Hearing a spitting comment come rolling in from behind him the gold only takes a deep breath. He knows that voice. Turning his head to see her clearly the gold watches the mare join them. The comment of the visiting mare forgotten. So much for getting a little happiness out of this screwed day. Lowering his ears back and twitching his tassled tail the gold says nothing, but watches the girls talk among themselves. There is something, almost hungry in that dark mare’s eyes. The gold is not sure of it, but there seemed to be so much more in that look. Clearly, the gold was not the prize here. Not that he cared. As sharp as the bitch’s accusation was, he was not a man leaning to lusts. A petting of his ego was always nice, but there were far more in the Basin who deserved such strict words. Honestly, he hadn’t exactly asked her for a night cap.

In fact the gold was actually ready to head on. It seemed the pair got along quiet well without him, and if they did fine. Let the dark mare gain the victory of a recruit, the gold did not care. He no longer had anything (even if it had been as small as a pet) to gain from this. That was, until the visitor mentioned a curious little subject. Alliances were not usually something visitors were privy to know about. She most certainly knew more than she let on and which made the situation ever more tense. It took the gold’s skill not to let his attention show. Harks kept down and eyes listlessly rested on her. That loud mouth flirt beside him better keep her trap shut and recognize the danger in an outcast knowing the politics of their herds. Though, in honestly the gold knew she wouldn’t, so best try and get some damage control up here. “The peace of this realm, we believe, requires all of Helovia.” It was a lie, but it was one which the leads had clearly stated was their goal. For now, until he decided it was time to rock the boat that also was his goal. The golden lifts his head slightly. “What favor do you ask?” Though, standing on that side of the fence, she was unlikely to get it. Unless the black bitch had more to add.

OOC :: @[Fable] @[Rhiannon]
"speech"

credits

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Unregistered
F
A
B
L
E

The snowy mare tilted her head sideways at the golden boy's comment. There was never complete peace, no matter how far you ran or where you found yourself. There was always unrest, someone looking for blood. Fable just happened to know this out of experience, so she knew his statement was untrue. Why would he try to cover up alliances though? Was there some deep dark secret? And should she call him out on it? She thought it would be better to keep her mouth shut.

So she grit her teeth and pulled her ears back, swishing her tail in annoyance. The long hairs slapped the ground as well as her legs as she drew graceful arcs in the air in the proud way that her breed carries their velvety soft tails. She lifted her dished head and pricked her ears as the gold spoke, her tail resting in the snow behind her.

He wanted to know what favour she wanted. She thought it through, her blue pools absentmindedly scanning the landscape. She finally settled her soulless depths on the gold, empty and piercing as always. She held her head proudly before she spoke.

"I want to benefit from your alliance," she began, confirming that she did not believe his earlier words. "I wish to practice among your ranks...as a ghost, a thief," she tried to find the right word; she did not know what it was called here in the Basin, as herds often had different names for ranks. But she went on, not able to find a different explanation on her tongue. "I do not however want to join your herd. I simply want to use your alliance to practise stealing without making enemies...yet,' she repeated her earlier explanation. A flicker of emotion, hope maybe, stirred in her eyes, but in a second, it was gone.

She looked at him blankly then, waiting...

Speech
Sorry that I took three hundred years to respond :(. Also, one of admin told me I can do what Fable requested aove ^ 9can't remember who though :3)
@[Thranduil] @[Rhiannon]

Image Credit

This mare was more bold than she first let on. It was not a happy comfort, and neither was her annoyance. It was clearly written on her face as her ears pinned against him. She certainly was not getting anywhere quickly with that attitude, the golden resolved. The gold did not change though and waited with unusual kindness to what the mare had to say. For he was interested on what authority she thought she had here to offer call on an alliance to give her a favor. The Basin was not likely to even give its own members a favor. You did your own and made your own. But if it’s one thing the golden had learned, it was you never knew what tricks creatures around here had up their sleeves.

So as the mare begins to speak the gold’s brow noticeably rises. This outcast (for that’s what she was, right?) wanted the Basin’s training but none of the attachment? And she called upon an alliance to do so! An alliance with whom? The gold snorted but let the conversation pause a moment, thinking. She wanted to become one of his spies but not under his control? That was incredibly unsettling for the golden, but he could see she had some raw skill. She obviously had some control over herself, which was always a needed skill, and did seem to have the skills of vagueness, and information at hand. There was just one tiny little problem. The Basin didn’t give free hand outs. “Who’s alliance do you pull authority from? You do not seem to belong to one of our allies.” His twin horned head shook. “Regardless, why should we be responsible for you, and you not to us?” There was still a chance for her favor to be accepted, but ever passing second it was growing dimmer.

OOC :: @[Fable] @[Rhiannon]
"speech"

credits

Unregistered
F
A
B
L
E

The grey mare was getting quite frustrated, but she stayed calm, swishing her tail lazily. She could not seem to convince the golden beast before her. She ducked her head down to scratch her leg, her long horns drawing a graceful arc through the air. Her long mane gently bobbed on her neck as she looked the beautiful beast in the eye. She sighed, quite surprisingly as she was not one to portray emotion, and decided on her next words carefully.

Her icy eyes followed the trace of the mountains that sheltered this beautiful place. Her eyes lingered a second longer before she spoke, looking the stallion in the eye to show that she did, and would respect him. He was smart, probably a thief himself. He had the brain, the golden tongue, and a twist some of the phantoms had; he had charm.

"I do not belong to a herd, no. I wish to ally with the Basin, which is, in turn, allied to another herd. I understand you and that herd practice skills such as stealing, fighting, creating and so on, and I wish to fall in with that practice, simply without joining the herd. In return I shall not harm the Basin or any party in the Basin, and neither your allies...and I will help both sides whenever needed, without question. It is not much to offer, but it is all I have at the moment," she explained calmly, and sighed before continuing again. "You do not have to be responsible for me. I shall still do anything and everything on my own condition and risks, no strings attached. I simply do not want to make enemies just yet, but I need to learn the ways of the ones here in Helovia. I need to learn how to steal."

She stopped then, and looked at the golden one expectantly. Secretly she admired the way his muscle rippled under his glorious coat, the way his horns curled. She dropped her gaze and returned the empty stare to the mountains.

Speech
I'm really sorry that I'm taking so long and that this is really bad XD. I've been working all week and my muse is at an all time low :/
@[Thranduil]

Image Credit

She was such a pretty little thing. Her eye had a nice edge, and her head carried in a fashion befitting her so well. The golden did enjoy her company, and her fine looks, but her request it seemed was not so nice to hear as she was to look at. As figured she did not hail from any ally of there’s and as such was nothing more than an outsider, a street rat knocking on their door. A common mutt who can crawling to beg for scraps of their brilliance. The golden’s ears fell back as she spoke, and his eyes grew ever colder and sharper like the mountains towering over them. He did not like those under his control. At least not directly. Nor did he like two headed snake she was. Steal a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to steal a fish and you never eat again.

A cloven hoof lifts to crack down on the icy terrain. The word no was on his lips, ready to strike out like lightening, and see the thunder of loss roll across her. Oh but there was a whisper in the wind. A nagging of a thought slowing his progress. The Basin always needed more eyes, and ears. It could always use another devil’s bride. Perhaps in the end she was see the light of their brilliance, and join them. Perhaps not. Tasseled tail lashes out and harks lift back forward and the golden considers her more weightily. “Very well. You shall have what you seek but at a price. We are allies with Dragon Throat and World’s Edge, to cross them is to open your flesh to my horns. However, you may practice upon….others. And if by chance…” The golden leaned in, his voice dropping. “…you happen to hear a curious voice of an outcast, let us know. There is more to this trade than simply collecting trinkets.” (Though that was his most favorite part) His brow raised at her to complete the suggestion. Though the stronghold knew most of what transverse the land it seemed the vagabonds of outcasts often escaped their close watch. That was not acceptable, so if she was willing, this might be a useful trip after all.

OOC :: @[Fable] After discussing it we have decided to agree to this proposal! Fable may create stealths and receive training from the Basin. We ask that you please do not steal aimed at the Throat or Edge, as that would disrupt out alliances (or if you do, please put a disclaimer that it is for practice only).
In return we ask that if Fable hears any information of note from outcasts, she report them. If you would like formal lessons from Thranduil (in which I promise to be faster at posting to XD) please let me know, and please keep me up to date on what training exactly you would like!
"speech"

credits