the Rift

Will you kill what's left of me?

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
Once had been called the lionhearted. Once had been strong. Once he had been brave. Now he was nothing more than a sniffling coward. Broken by the torment inflicted by his captors. Scars lined his hide. Fresh wounds intermingled across his skin and with every step it was like fire, but he wouldn’t stop. They could be following him. He wouldn’t go back. Maitimo would rather die than face that darkness again. He wouldn’t let himself be bound and tied. He couldn’t even bear the idea of them tearing at his flesh and shattering his mind. All he wanted was his freedom.

The man had been running blindly for what had felt like hours. Gradually the little amount of strength was wasting away. He knew it would only be a matter of time before he would completely collapse. And collapse he would. Maitimo would fall in a forest beside a brook. All around were foreign scents which sent his mind ablaze with paranoia. Surely wolves lurked in the forest. He squirmed and fought his way up to his feet. The efforts were more painful than anything, but he knew remaining down would’ve simply made him an easier target. A twig snapped and his head jerked in the direction. A leaf was ruffled by a breeze and he looked over in the other direction. Terror was written all across his face and he cowered backward.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, please just kill me. Don’t hurt me anymore, please,” Maitimo stammered. They had found him. Maybe this would be enough. Maybe this would end it all. “Just kill me. Don’t take me back.” He crumpled and was seized by wild sobs.

[Open to anyone. Pardon any changing writing styles while I toy around with him. Please bear with me as well as I get used to his character. ]

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

THRANDUIL

God this torment had to end soon. The gold simply could not stand it any longer. Course it wasn’t some physical torment or any sort of pain, though to him it was just as worse. It was a small black spotted fawn which still lay in a cave up in the mountains. The small creature which seemed to have some power of the golden was more irritating and needy than the gold could have possibly imagined. So he had left it. Coming down south the gold had hoped to escape his new responsibilities and avoid the wondering eyes of the multitude in the more populace places.

Of course, that came with a price. Just because the Threshold could usually be traveled without interruption, does not mean it empty of curiosities. The gold had heard the heavy breathing and whines of another ahead by the brook, but wanting to avoid such creatures moved into the shadows to pass them. He trotted on through and cared not for what noise he made, but the noises he heard drew him to a stop. The panicked creature was worse than the gold could imagine. Pausing for a moment, with tail lashing about in thought the gold turned and moved to come through the trees towards the brook and creature.

Standing, sweating, broken, and shaking the poor creature made such a scene that the golden could only tilt his head in curiosity and concern. Stammering over himself the poor unicorn fell to the earth in a heap of sobs and shakes. Shit what had happened to this soul. The unicorn was handsome enough but like this he had as much worth to the gold as the fawn he so desperately wanted to be rid of. Still, if he could be convinced, and whatever strange corruption on his mind corrected, he would make a nice prize for the Basin. So the gold would play to the poor creature’s need.

Moving towards the fallen creature the gold laced his face with a veil of concern. “Hush now, you’re safe.” Coming to his side the gold lowered his own body next to the blue’s and his twin horned head reached out and, if the other would allow it, to touch the neck of the shivering creature. “This is Helovia, and I am of the Basin. No one will attack you or carry you away, peace brother…” Yes, let him think the gold carried some special power over this land, some protection over those in its boundaries. Very clever. “What is your name poor creature?” He would play this twisted creature right into his palm, and carry him back for one of the gentler ones, sweet thing, Lena perhaps to mend up and set straight. Then that would be a point for the gold.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Hidden Account
Minx
Maitimo caught a flash of gold and would clench his eyes shut. He felt his body tremble and his breaths came in rapid and brief. The stallion made no movement he simply remained in his sobbing heap of panic and fear. Even when the stranger spoke he wouldn’t move. “I’m sorry. I-I..” His words were lost to a soft sob. When he felt the touch of another his body tightened up. Bit by bit his panic level rose, but he wouldn’t flinch. He knew better than to pull away. To pull away was disobedience and he wouldn’t risk the punishment. Surely whoever this was, was an agent for him. This was all a ploy and he newt would be a matter of time before he was dragged back into the darkness.

He wouldn’t answer the question for several long moments. First he would dare to open his eyes and take in the sight of the golden man before him. When the sobs seemed to have subside, he dared to spoke. “Ma-Maitimo.” He sputtered. How long had it been since he’d heard his own name? Really he didn’t want to think about it so he would suppress the thought. His eyes focused on the ground and he forced himself up to his feet, but kept his head low. “I know he sent you…Please, please don’t take me back. Please, just end it now for me.” He dared to lift his gaze. He dared to even make eye contact. Boldness was punishable and he prayed it would be enough to end this misery he found himself trapped in.

Pixel by Aud
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material. 

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

All I see is silhouette

Birdsong was an interesting time for the Threshold, ushering in newcomer after newcomer. The Bloodskald supposed it was due to the pleasant weather, but in truth, he found springtime rather...unsettling. For life to come from death was a cycle that sat uneasily in the Bloodskald's chest, though he knew it to be natural. But death...death should be final. One died and their spirit was carried to Valhallr if the Valkyries and Odin willed it.

To be stuck in an endless cycle of dying only to live again...it sounded like hell. A warrior longed for a good death; to be eternally denied that was unthinkable. Such thoughts of death and rebirth consumed the mindspace of the warrior-poet as he wandered down from the Basin, half-patrolling, half-wandering, compelled by his nomadic nature. A concept of a central home was necessary, but staying in one place all the time? Unheard of.

As was usual, Irelyn skimmed the trees and informed him of those nearby. Most of the time the general would ignore this if he would not be passing close by, but his bonded's tone sounded concerned, urgent almost. There was a unicorn, and another, and one was in distress. Was it because of the other nearby? Thoughts of the blind one, Morir, came unbidden to his mind and Torleik's dark lips wilted into a grim frown. An allogenic nature didn't preclude suffering crimes from one's own - or perpetrating them, it seemed. Aligning his course with Irelyn's directions, the rune-horned demon altered his pace none.

“This is Helovia, and I am of the Basin. No one will attack you or carry you away, peace brother…What is your name, poor creature?"

Silence.

Broken only by sobs.

“Ma-Maitimo. I know he sent you…Please, please don’t take me back. Please, just end it now for me.”

The black, rabicano stallion broke through a thick cluster of trees to find the two in a small clearing, his eyes instantly attributing the question to the golden unicorn that stood tall and the frail answer to the one cowering on the ground, barely looking up. "I can assure you, Maitimo, no one here will be forcing you anywhere you do not want to go, nor performing any violence against your person," Torleik said firmly, voice powerful but with a comforting softness like he'd use to soothe a frightened youngling.

Crystalline eyes studied the golden stallion closely, having seen him mayhap once or twice before in the Basin. He was certainly no soldier; not with the...self-absorbed air Torleik sensed clinging unattractively to his lines - though perhaps that was bias. The dark stallion tried to reserve judgement for the time being. "Maitimo, I am Torleik, and I, too, am from this Basin. Whatever you are running from, whatever chases you, understand we can and will offer you sanctuary - right, brother?" he queried, giving the lighter unicorn a subtle look as he directed his question to the fellow Basiner. His misgivings about the golden boy were still clamoring at the back of his mind, but for now, showing a solid front to this pathetic soul was more important.

Torleik had never claimed he couldn't act.

Being a good skald, was, after all, in the delivery.

"talk talk talk"

@[Thrandruil]
@[Maitimo]
Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

THRANDUIL

It took every skill in the golden to keep from rolling his eyes, or growling and attacking the poor creature for a laugh. Instead the golden kept his mask well and let it earth eyes tremble and shake with concern for this shivering blue. Whatever tormented the creature it was incredibly deep, perhaps this stallion was more Falls material. Still, what more did the gold have to do today? Nothing but a waiting fawn in the mountains. This was MUCH better. However, there were others in the forest who wouldn’t be a huddled mass of panic. So standing up as the creature blabbered his name the gold set his mind to say a little more then leave.

Of course it wouldn’t be so easy. A rustling caught his hears and for a moment the gold wondered if there really was something chasing this creature. But nah, a familiar figure stepped out into the light. The gold sighed long, for now this meant he could not simply leave. This figure was of the Basin, a soldier, but that was all the gold knew. Unfortunately little was known about that class of persons there. Still, his presence made the gold remain where he was and turn back to the sobbing figure. As the dark horse spoke the gold nodded. Torleik. The name didn’t ring a bell, but as thought before, he certainly was of the Basin.

Though the gold was free to speak it, he never did like being called brother. Too close for comfort. Still, swallowing his distaste the gold nodded. “Indeed. I am Thranduil, of the Basin. It is a stronghold. Maitimo.” It was said more level and straightforward than before. “No one can touch you here. You are free of them.” Well actually that was a complete and utter lie. Helovia had the worst sort of prisons, villains, and liars imaginable. But, clearly, whatever this creature didn’t need to know that. Still, it was a possibility that the stallion was in trouble because of his own mistakes. And therefore the Basin might be bringing in a defeated villain, but a villain nonetheless.

Then again, the Basin had every kind of villain already, so really what was the harm in one more. Besides, could this sobbing, trembling creature really have committed a crime? “Torleik is right though, if you still feel afraid, our family in the Basin will protect you. We have healers as well, who can tend to those wounds.” Where was sweet thing when you needed her? “You will be safe there, this I personally swear. None has breached our walls, and none ever shall.” That…may have been a lie. The gold actually wasn’t sure, but one thing he knew was the solider by his side wouldn’t correct him even if he wrong.

OOC:: So I just 'really' looked at Maitimo's design and he is hot stuff! Feel sorry for the poor guy getting stuck with Thran, who is the worst with comforting people. XD Still so ec

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Hidden Account
Minx
A rustling came from the trees. His head jerked in the direction of the sound and he could feel his breaths coming in more rapid and quick, panic nearly taking him over. Pleading was doing little good to get rid of the first creature, and now he wasn’t alone. A rather large and a rather fuzzy man appeared, speaking more “comforting” words. Maitimo glanced between the pair. They were calling each other brother and that confirmed any suspicions he had about the pair. Not only was the golden one working for his former captor, the hairy one was as well. No matter how much they said he was safe, he knew better.

Stop,” He cried. “Just stop it!” Both of his ears fell against his skull and he clenched his eyes shut as he violently shook his head in protest. He slowly backed away from the pair toward the treeline. If they wouldn’t kill him, he knew he had t try and run. They would follow him most likely or they had others waiting for him in the trees. He needed to get away and he would seize the opportunity to flee. “Even if you actually were here to help me we all know you can’t keep those promises.”

That was bolder than he had been in far too long. Maitimo took another step back toward the trees. Despite all his exhaustion, wounds, and anxiety he would take off at a gallop into the trees. He didn’t even take a single glance backward.

Pixel by Aud
* Force permitted