the Rift

[OPEN] Trilogy (Leads/Ranked)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

We'd spoken in good faith before the season turned. The Edge folk came to our borders during the autumn, apologies on their lips for the actions of one rouge member. A minor slight that was easily forgiven. Our talk whelped hope of future terms. A spark. Now I sought to breath into our kindling and see it catch fire. These families had no grief against each other. I felt we could be a boon to one another, just as Dragons Throat was.

Beneath the pale sky I flew toward their land, mindfully of border placement. The air smelt of damp earth and rain. A brief echo of thunder could be heard far in the south, dark clouds gifted us with Birdsong storms that spent themselves upon this thirsty mass. I alighted upon the ground, glancing back expectantly to see Fina and Neve dotting their way into view. The flaming phoenix and a chilling white zephyr stood out against a darkening background. Both mythical avians are a magnificent sight to behold. Fina lashed her talons (not so gently) into my flesh at the rear, Neve followed suit but with a more tender caress that didn't leave a mark.

Though it wasn't just companions that had my crown on a swivel. Ghost should be arriving shortly. In the meanwhile I walked to their border. Pausing when the tip of the territory struck a familiar cord. Golden stare slipped beyond the clearing toward a cluster of trees. Eyes traced the shadows before drifting to heaven in anticipation of a soldier or scout.

@[Ghost]

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

With each passing day the Cadaverous seemed to learn something more about the role she now played. At four years of age she felt as if someone had taken her by the scruff and dragged her through life’s lessons, there was no gentle guiding hand. Just a scramble to know everything and a rush to apply it properly, whether she was doing it right or not Ghost had no idea. She made decisions when they needed to be made and hoped her intuition and Midas’ wisdom would lead her to make the right one. As she flew after him her mind wondered onto the Gallant himself, what made him so convinced that they needed to secure allies? Had the Hidden Falls done something in the past that warranted aggression or did he know something Ghost did not? She wouldn’t be surprised by the latter, he had been around much longer than the young Czarina and had surely seen more strife than she had. Yet, why did they ignore Ophelia’s land to the north? Perhaps she would take up the matter with him later.

For now, she shifted uncomfortably in the air as the hairs along her spine felt like they were standing up as soon as they reached the borders of the Worlds Edge. She hadn’t been here since the reign of Mauja, since she had been born and since the Frostheart had banished her. The Cadaverous knew from meeting him a few months ago that he no longer ruled here, but it still didn’t stop the feeling that she should turn and run from this place.

Ghost landed near the border, where Midas and his pair of bonded had eventually made their way to and the banshee looked at all his all his gold marked immortal face blankly. Their experiences in this land were starkly different it seemed. The Czarina shifted uncomfortably and slowly she walked up to his side, a shaky sigh passing through her lips as she looked out at the territory in front of them, “I haven’t been here in a long time” her eerie voice whispered. Soon the sprite's mind wandered between past and present, were the occupants so cruel now? Did it matter? Probably not, they were after security through bargaining a deal, cruelty could often be a sign of physical strength that they might need.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald the Dauntless

You need to know that you're in for the fight of your life

Red and white ears flicked up as Loretta was alerted to sounds just beyond the border of her home. She and her bondmate were already on patrol, and the keen bitch alerted the Captain to what she suspected to be outsiders. Loretta crashed through the brush to gain purchase at Archibald's size, and the pair skillfully moved through the forest they had memorized well at an impressive gait. This was Archibald's duty, to guard this place with his entire being, and to be on the frontlines of an attack. He had aided in thwarting Confutatis at their borders when he had only just earned his title of Captain, and he would continue to do so until this was no longer his calling duty. Archibald and Loretta made no attempt to stealth their arrival, and made no attempt to guise their power and authority as they broke the treeline at the border.

Golden eyes moved from one pegasus to the other, massive head lifted high on a thick-set neck and shoulders. Archibald's muscles rippled powerfully beneath his inky fur, shedded well to remind him of the summer to come. The Captain's face was stoic, unreadable expression fading on the darker side of neutral. What did they want here? They smelled heavily of the Hidden Falls--once his own home, which he ruled over, when it was known as the Windtossed Foothills--and he decided they were the knew leading hierarchy. Archibald remembered the smaller stallion as Midas, the man who had fought beside him a few times, as well as the sire of Ktulu's daughter, Ranjiri. Archibald gave a solid nod to Midas, before turning his attention to the monochrome and crimson mare. She was unfamiliar to him entirely, and his nod seemed stiffer when given to her.

"Archibald the Dauntless, Captain of the World's Edge army. What brings you to our borders on this day?" Archibald had never been on for small talk, always ready to deal business straight out. He was no politician to hide behind the facade of lavish introductions and welcomings, but he did not drive the pair from his territory either. They seemed to harbor to illness towards his herd, but the dark knight and his bitch were still on guard. There was no harm in keeping peace by being a solid wall none could penetrate, and in the minds of his leaders that desired peace, Archibald the Dauntless and Loretta were that wall.

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

The day was warm and beautiful as the mare took flight to survey her home. Even though the cremello painted mare had been moved away from the warrior position she still longed to make sure they were all safe. It would not do anyone any good to let herself get flabby and rusty. She had to patrol and maybe spar, but life was much to crazy for the latter right now. Ilios was pulling away from her, Ciceron was going to come home, and there might eve be a little one on the way. A bright smile light her face as she gazed up at her Falcon companion. Penna screeched his own joy down at her. They were both going to be whole again; happy, safe. How long had it been since Parelia felt like her family was whole?

Thoughts wondered as wings pumped easily against the warm air as Penna flew off ahead investigating an odd smell. The Falcon flew lower as the scent became stronger. It smelt like, ''Falls here.' His voice sounded sharp agitated, but his words confused her. What was falling, or did some random waterfall suddenly show up? Flapping her wings in large easy movements the mare hurtled towards her bonded concern rising in her blood. After a few moments she came to a hovering halt beside her soul-mate and gazed down at the scene bellow. A hybrid black and tipped with red, her Captain, and black and white with wings stood below. The painted man was easily recognizable as Midas, but the one beside him was not Seele. Brow furrowed the teal streaked dove descended slowly.

Parelia was careful not to be silent as she approached the ground, so she would not startle anyone. Angling herself so she could touch down beside Archibald, but not to close to his hulking frame, the ground thumped lightly as her weight settled firmly upon it. A smile was painted smoothly across her face as she nodded softly to Archi, before turning to Midas and the red tipped mare. Her voice was warm, but business like, "Midas, Miss, welcome to the World's Edge. I am Parelia the Glazier." Dipping her head slightly she spoke again, "How can we help you today?" Her smile was authentic as honey orbs gazed quietly upon the pair standing firmly beside her Captain and his red beast. If they were not here on friendly terms they would have a hell of a fight on their hooves. Penna's sharp claws landed squarely on her shoulders as he prepared himself for whatever was to happen.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’ 'Penna'
Words: 430
Notes:

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Ghost arrived soon after me; ashy crown turned with a smile already starting to form. I gave the crimson hued woman a reassuring grin and a polite nod. "Yar," say true, I hadn't stepped upon this soil in a long while and those few times had been because of the call for battle. "Much blood has been spilled on these grounds." If I closed my eyes there was that coppery musk in the air, the smell of burnt flesh bubbling beneath fur of another victim-- searing many layers of flesh down to pale bone. I could still taste the pungent, acidic bouquet; still hear those agonizing screams as dragon fire and acid rain came from a forsaken heaven.

There was no glory in war. Only those that would die a pointless death and those that would survive to see yet another fruitless fray. This heart was sick of war and as young as it was in the lesson of immortality, I was naive enough to believe the rest of Helovia could be swayed to my ideals. Such truth remains to be seen.

Archibald, came first. A proud soldier that I'd know at a distance for years, my smile to him is respectful and returning nod curt, "Hail, Captain." A creamy Pegasus came flying down, I knew her as Parelia. Glancing toward the seasoned lass, I replied, "Well met again, Parelia." It felt misplaced to announce myself, considering my title was well known to them, as was the position. "I present Ghost, Czarina of Hidden Falls," it seemed only proper to introduce a lady first, "and myself, Midas." Smile widened, "We would like to break words with thee leads on terms regarding an alliance." Politics are my least favorite pass time.
@[Ghost]

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Dead men tell no tales.

Much blood. Yes, Ghost could imagine there would have been blood spilt in these parts. In her mind this place was a dark place, not for its current inhabitants, but from her past experience or lack of. A perfect world would have seen this land as her home, the place she should have felt the most secure, except she looked upon it now with a guarded eye and a scared memory. Her thoughts filled by her mother that the place was no good and she should never return here, but here she was, stood on its borders. Mother would have disagreed, but mother was not here and she had already climbed higher that her dam could ever achieve. It was time she made her own judgements. Midas clearly valued this place and the Cadaverous stood dutifully by his side.

The first to arrive was a bulky stud, all fur and dispassion. His proffered greeting to Midas was much warmer than that he offered her and Ghost simply stared back at him blankly, her cold exterior boring into his macho makeup. Captain. Dauntless. Archibald. He was titles and bluntness, a bear but not the toy kind and though many might find him quite stifling, Ghost preferred this kind of personality. They were much easier to understand and respond to. Near him was a carnivore, a dog, also puffed up in hair and the banshee was sure that behind those velvet lips were rows of sharp teeth. An interesting companion, but one well matched it seemed for a Captain. Midas greeted him familiarly whilst the Cadaverous remained silent as the next stepped into the fray. This one of the winged race, blue lacing her pale body to make her intriguing enough to look at and she was quite a lot smaller than the beast who stood next to her. Parelia the Glazier. So the soldier and the artist had turned up, an interesting combination to say the least. Atop the mare’s shoulders was a falcon and Ghost began to wonder if it was becoming an increasing trend to be followed around by a creature that was not a horse.

The Gallant pressed on with proceedings with a kind introduction to which the banshee took the opportunity to finally greet them both with the same mutual nod. ”A pleasure” it wasn’t really, but her voice rang with pretend sincerity, there was no need to piss off the welcome party now was there? Midas might not appreciate her facetiousness.

An alliance was mentioned and Ghost watched their faces with intent to see how they might respond. Wasn’t the Edge former allies? What would they do if this failed? Would Midas agree to travel to the Aurora Basin? At least some of her questions might be answered today. ”With the land currently plagued by mysterious deaths, rekindling ties might keep both our families remain safe and, of course, opportunity to share resources is always an open option. We come with friendship and hopes of diplomatic discussion.” She spoke after Midas, her vocals held no clear emotion, but she was confident in her delivery.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
For all their memories of bloodshed and war, for all their thoughts of the evils that used to wander the forest, Kahlua did her best to forget these things. Only at night, when the darkness came and the nightmares crept into her head did she remember the way the screams had filled the forest when the Basin had invaded, and even those nightmares were rare anymore. She had so many other demons chasing her that the battle she had fought with Farenjar hardly seemed important anymore. Those nights where she was a wraith, Aurelia’s snake Shilva, the invisible walls that pressed in around her every day that she was stuck in the Edge… those were the nightmares that haunted her now, in the night of the forest.

Arriving fashionably late to the meeting, just as Midas decided to offer introductions to those around, Kahlua was surprised by the voice that she heard and the face that she saw. She knew that face well. It was the face of a man who had been a different one of her nightmares, many seasons ago. She had almost forgotten. She did not forget now. Instinctively, for a moment, she stiffened as she emerged from the shadows. It was a deep breath that finally allowed her to relax, memories of Onni that finally allowed her to move forward. “Midas,” she cooed softly as she settled her basket of goodies onto the ground. Yes, she knew that name. Ghost, however, she did not.

“Kahlua, queen,” her tinkling soprano announced when it was her turn. From the trees, a dragon’s caw rang out before Khan dropped to the muddy ground, front legs perching upon the handle of Kahlua’s glass basket, watching the gathering before him with wide eyes. Of particular interest to him was the golden firebird that was near Midas. For now he simply watched and contemplated, but Kahlua could feel his own mind whirling and affecting her own mind. “We’re open to hearing what you have to say,” she suggested then, turning to confirm with her Captain and Glazier. This was their home as much hers and their opinions mattered as much to her as anyone else’s. “Thank you for guarding our borders so well Captain, Glazier,” she greeted them then, the smile upon her face genuine.

Suddenly, she added a few more words. She had not learned much as queen- she tried so hard to avoid her responsibilities- but she had learned a little from Kaj and Evangeline. “I agree that there are many strange things happening in Helovia right now.” A quick frown accented her words. “What would the Falls seek out of an alliance with the Edge?”
Kahlua
only light can drive out the darkness
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
and I will fall with shadowed dreams, a mask of old beliefs

Returning from teaching Ilios to fly had delayed the king from his arrival to the meeting called by the Falls leaders. He is unaware of the fact that they call until he is already upon the borders, spring winds tickling the filaments of his pale feathers and lifting him further into the space of the sky. They are small beneath this gaze but the number of members is a tickle of alertness in the king's mind, and he circles quietly overhead before assuring that nobody else is approaching to harm his family. Though there is little reason for it, Kaj does not trust anyone with the safety of his flock if they are not assured allies. The broad forebone of his wings dip to kiss towards his knees, a golden eagle diving down out of the clouds and circling around on massive wings to approach from behind his family. Though they were his lands, Kaj knew that approaching from behind might startle their visitors, and put them on edge to the point where civil discussion would be a difficult notion.

Umber hooves thud upon the earth, heavy and sure as he strides on loose limbs towards his kin, shaking the jolt and sting of landing from his knees. Conversation flows into his ears, the old cadence of Midas' vernacular and the reserved eloquence of Ghost. A nod of greeting was all that was given to his Captain and Glazier, not out of lack of compassion but in the face of strangers he was reluctant to be so open. He was proud to see Kahlua was doing the same, watching her words carefully and not offering friendship and alliance immediately.

"Kaj, King." It is a brief introduction, but Kaj is more concerned with the breaking of words and treaties between them. There is nothing for him to say, Kahlua's questions covering whatever inquiries he wishes to make. He does not let anything reflect upon his face as he moves to stand beside Kahlua, but his heart aches to be so close to her and remember her rejection. Would she feel the same? Did she notice or even care any longer? His mind was abuzz with emotion that Kaj did not appreciate, but his handsome face was a calm mask of attentiveness. He could not let his emotions rule him when such important topics were at hand.

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Archibald the Dauntless

Archibald and his bonded were well met in a few moments. By their side strode the Glazier, once a warrior under his command, and her companion bird. With a mere flick of his ear Archibald regarded them, keeping his stoney face and eyes shifting calmly between Midas and his similarly winged partner. She was introduced as Ghost, and the Captain took to memory all that was outwardly presented of her" her image, her eyes, her scent, her name, and her title. Archibald was quite skilled at committing those he met to memory, able to recall their general actions and demeanors and use them to his advantage on the battlefield. Archibald wondered if he and the crimson winged queen were to engage in the dance of a spar if he would be well met. A tiny, inward scoff from Loretta deemed otherwise, her confidence erring on the side of arrogance and underestimation of her opponents. The massive black draft listened as the two leaders before him talked of an alliance, and his tail flicked against his hocks to ward off the flies which began to buzz around in their stagnant state. His dark ears twitched as he mulled the ideas over, but before he could speak to match the diplomats before him, Kaj and Kahlua entered the scene in turn.

Archibald gave them nods, each filled with the respect they deserved, but the way they greeted the warlord made Loretta puff. You deserve more reverence that that. The bitch spat, but Archibald merely sent her calming waves, in an attempt to silence his war beast, for now his mental capacity needed to be focused on this meeting of politics and not his or her pride. Blinking his golden eyes, Archibald spoke simply, "We do not strive to cause chaos through the lands of Helovia, be that known in this moment as a statement of weight, something to be duly considered." Archibald's voice was deep and masculine, a baritone of power, and it gave way to the immense knowledge trapped in his mind. He was more than a mindless beast and strength. Archibald had been a king once, too, and he was damn good at it. He was a graceful speaker, confident in his words as he spoke powerfully, without pause, and without inhibition.

Overwhelmed by Archibald's calming waves of negation, Loretta lowered her body in a sphynx laying position, legs curled beneath her muscled, compact frame with the intention to spring into action sparking like electricity through her paws. Her amber eyes watched the companions of Midas, and she carefully considered how such different creatures--fire and ice (she assumed the smaller bird to possess)--could bond together. Loretta, and Archibald, had never met a creature in the lands of Helovia that possessed the ability to bond to two creatures, but with the growing mysticism of this land, fervent since the day of Archibald's arrival, the pair was not surprised. Nothing, it seemed, was impossible in this realm.

image credits

@[Parelia]

Through the ages of time

please tag me

A small smile played across the mare's sweet face as she watched the pair before her. The cream dove wondered if Midas would say anything about her switching herds, since she had lived within his family for a short time. It had been a rough, but easy decision to leave the Hidden falls. There had been no doubt in her mind that she would not allow her baby to be raised among the crazies in that family. Carefully shifting her thoughts back to the present honey eyes gazed up at the black and red tipped mare. As Midas spoke her name, she was very careful to store the new leader's face and name within her mental filing cabinet. Dipping her head curtly, but respectfully ears pricked as the black and white continued. ’Hmm what do you think?' Asking Penna had about a fifty fifty chance of getting a reliable opinion. 'Maybe good for whole herd.' Pretty brow furrowed slightly at this causing her to glance at her Captain. His face was stony hard, disregarding all emotion that might be running through his mind. Ghost's words were not missed, neither was her almost bored tone.

Before either herself or Archibald could reply, Kahlua and Kaj both appeared. Their arrival gave her time to think over what had been said. As Kahlua gave her praise her dainty head dipped graciously, it really wasn't a problem to help out in anyway she could, but now was not the time to say that. Her masking smile was laid neatly across her sweet features while her wheels turned. Her Queen made a good point, what did they want the Edge to do for them? Her peace loving leaders might not like what Midas and Ghost had to say, but they would all see. Archibald also had a very wise thing to say. maybe that would deter them from saying something the might regret. Her eyes were bright and her ears were pricked, eager to catch every last word or expression that was offered.

Words: 338
Notes:

image credits

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

I didn't expect failure to be the outcome of this conversation; not when there was equal opportunity for gain on both sides of the coin. Archibald and Parelia are quiet while Ghost speaks an additional remark; I nod her way-- a sign of simple agreement. Meanwhile, Fina glances at the rusty colored canine who sits by his bonds feathered feet, she gives the most fleeting consideration before angling aside with a totally bored, and borderline agitated expression. Neve is smiling even as she trembles, I can feel each little quake beneath my fur. High nerves make her shy and fearful, but also extremely excited. As she wrestles with the urge to dive into hiding and flutter down to make a new friend, I press my attention back to the group.

We didn't get to converse at any great length before another two arrived. One patched lass whom is familiar to me and the other, less so. Kahlua. The girl who'd been wronged by my shadow self, a sin I'd worked to repair with Onni's aid. The soft way my name exits her lips gives me hope that those old bandages had finally given way to a clean wound. The white queen announces her title, I nod respectfully and low, "Good to see ye, Kahlua." A pair of aqua eyes shift back to the group when a dragons scream ignites the sky. Fina allowed the smallest hint of a grin to form across her face. One of the only things she favored in this world were dragons. Neve shivered, and hunkered down, glancing toward her sister for reassurance. Kaj announced himself and fell silent beside his colead, I offered the man a strong beam and gracious nod.

Quietly I listened, binding time that allowed all to give their thoughts before speaking. To Archibald I said, "Aye," we didn't seek to cause strife. Our home was untainted by spoiled blood, I would see it remain so. "We seek to unite, earn opportunity to grow. To learn from each other." As Ghost had mentioned, the sharing of resources. "We desire the privilege to foster a lasting friendship through trading, and a treaty of mutual respect and peace." There was once a time I sought to unite the herds of Helovia. @[Ghost]

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Dead men tell no tales.

Ghost didn’t quite know what she was expecting of the King and Queen here, her perceptions of the place marred by the Frostheart and so it was with great interest that the banshee observed them arrive.

The first, the Queen, hailed herself as Kahlua and as she did so a reptilian call rang that was followed quickly by a blue dragon, who positioned himself on top of a basket made out of glass. Again this one appeared to know Midas and Ghost gave the Czar a sidelong glance, did everyone know Midas? She wondered if her partner had a restless mind after all considering all the travelling he must have done to know so many souls. Or maybe they all came to him like sheep to a farmer. Kahlua thanked her comrades and questioned what they would desire out of an alliance as a rather large winged stallion landed on the ground. Kaj, the King, that was all he said. An enigma wrapped in his seemingly ordinariness, where many had interesting companions or appearance or accessory, this one was just a buckskin Pegasus. Though Ghost stopped short of judging him, knowing that there could be many attributes and secrets hidden behind flesh.

Swivelling her ears between the conversation, Ghost turned her attention on the herculean form of the Captain, who seemed more inclined to speak a warning that any form of stirring the pot or causing chaos he would not appreciate. She cocked her head to one side, does he not know what safe and friendship mean? Her satiric thoughts mulled, but she soon pushed them aside, deciding that chiding such a brute would not be in her best interest.

She remained silent as Midas took up the mantel of negotiation and spoke in response to the words put to them. There wasn’t much she could add, they had said most of what they wanted ”ways to stop such chaos is more favoured she responded to Archibald instead, hoping to ease his gruff exterior and reassure him that they were not here to cause a war. ”We, the Hidden Falls, will also take into consideration what you and your family would like to gain from such an alliance” was her ending statement to both King and Queen.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Kaj. The queen smelled him before she heard him, heard him before she saw him, and saw him well after her heart had frozen in her chest. The Stormbringer was a fitting moniker for him; all she knew when he was around was confusion- the heat of love burning in her chest, but the ice of fear groping within her and killing the flame. She had been avoiding him. It wasn’t fair, of course, but what could she do? Every time she was around him she wanted to melt into his side, to hide under his wing and close her eyes, to feel his heart beat in time with hers- but she couldn’t. She could not steal his dreams of a family, of foals, of the perfect family unit. So she stood beside him and smiled, dying inside, trying to pay attention to everything that was going on around her. It was difficult.

There was Archibald, giving sage advice to the two that visited their borders. Parelia, silent but seemingly thoughtful. Midas, speaking of growth and friendship, trades and peace. Ghost, speaking of what the Edge wanted. Her mind was swimming, her heart defrosting, pounding, as the heat of her love warmed her insides. She needed to focus, to come back to reality. She used her rank magic, the magic that she had come to know and love (and sometimes need). A sense of calm washed over her. Since everyone else was presumably calm, she doubted that they would notice much of a difference.

Slowly her mind came back to her, her the fire and ice were numbed to tolerable levels, and a gentle smile returned to her face. “We are open to a peace treaty. Trading can only benefit both of us,” she started, trying to gather words that sounded more queenly than childish. It was hard work for her, but she only wanted to make Kaj proud. For a moment she looked to Parelia, who would surely have ideas about trading. Then her gaze shifted to Archibald and Kaj, who would surely have more to say about the troops. “Kaj will know more about our warriors, surely.” But she had her own ideas too, and she voiced them. “We want to be able to open our borders to others- to be a safe and guarded neutral territory to meet in. If you need a mediator, we would like to think ourselves capable of that task.” Pausing for a moment, she decided to add in one last thing. “We want to bring others together through games and competition, fun and glory. We left an invitation for you to find. I hope your herd members will join us midway through Birdsong.”
Kahlua
Image Credit

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
and I will fall with shadowed dreams, a mask of old beliefs

For a noble heart, it had been cracked and splintered tirelessly, with no remorse no care for its golden state. Tarnished, worn away by the careless hands that had passed it on once they grew bored of the warmth and care that emanated from it endlessly. Kaj is the metal of a chain that stretches on into nothingness, hoping the next link would learn to appreciate him, but losing hope with every rejection and removal from his side. Kahlua is like a block of ice beside him, but he can see the tension that flows inside of her, thick and black like hatred, like shame and disgust. It is only fitting that he finds himself to be the one to have placed it there. Often he sits alone at night and listens to the cracking of his heart; slow but consistent, like the melting of glaciers. Kaj at times has contemplated simply leaving. Abandoning his post as Mirage had, disappearing to a place where he can no longer hurt others. No longer be hurt. But his duties lay within the misted confines of the Edge, and though living there each day was like stabbing himself with a rusted dagger, he liked to think they relied on him sometimes.

Though he is locked within the slow trickle of thoughts in his mind, the words that careen around him do not fail to penetrate his ears. His face is devoid of any telling emotion, a distant interest coated in a layer of respectful reservation. They have plenty to say, things that will change the Edge's future depending upon how the four of them deign to respond. His flesh crawls when Midas says 'unite', memories of an understanding reached with Kahlua fresh within his mind. The Edge had sided in nearly every war that had occurred on Helovian soil, always having a bias, an ally. Together they had decided that never again would it be such. They would play upon heavy neutrality, peace with benefits, until they were eternally removed from conflict and those who desired it would become targets of those they had ties with. Perhaps an unfair, political approach for a militant-minded leader such as Kaj, but it was what he and his herd desired.

Kahlua seemed to recall their words as well, speaking carefully with no real promise of unity. Internally, his clenched insides relaxed tentatively. Kahlua had grown so much, and yet he could still sense in her the desire to roam and be free. If he were to set that example by leaving the Edge, would she do so too? The thought was staggering, sobering. Faintly he thought that maybe Archibald would be a better leader than he. At least he wasn't so caught up in foolish ideals of love and family, only to be tossed aside time after time. To say Kaj was bitter was perhaps an understatement at times. He'd certainly changed since his arrival in Helovia. Maybe it wasn't for the better.

"As long as the Edge has stood, it has sided with an ally. We seek to remove such history, to have strong ties with all our herd kin, but never swear to share in blood shall it come to a pinnacle among the other herds." Kahlua had lead to this form of speech, laying the groundwork for what he stated rather clearly. Alliance, in its purest form, was out of the question. "As for warriors, we are ever willing to spar with your ranks, soldiers or other interested parties. Companionship can bloom on the battlefield, and the experience will only be beneficial." Kaj had sparred with Bronze from the Basin already, and he knew many of his flock had begun to reach out into other herds for partners and challengers to improve their skills. He was infinitely proud of them. Glancing over at Archibald he offered a reserved smile, though it spoke a thousand words of thanks for his ever-vigilant Captain. That was one promotion he would never regret.

Finding their quartet lacking a medic, he took it upon himself to address that as well in Resplendence's and Alysanne's stead. "We trade herbs with the herds as well, and are more than open to helping you and your kin in creating a garden should you not have one, and bolstering it with plants found in the Edge but not the Falls." Tentative to reveal all their aces, he did not tell whom they traded with nor how frequently, as the Basin was truthfully their most common trading partner. Leaving the crafting concerns to Kahlua and Parelia, he fell quiet on that matter, not wanting to cross a boundary with either of them. His gaze traveled between Ghost and Midas, shuffling his large wings and finding nothing else of necessity on his tongue, fell silent.

@[Archibald]

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Archibald the Dauntless

Archibald let his words sink in to those around him, and by their expressions he knew they had taken into consideration the weight of his standards. He knew Midas better than to believe the stallion would start war over the idea of territory, but this Ghost he knew nothing of. He did not trust her, did not know how to respect her because of his lack of knowledge on her history, and so he merely let her be. But there was a silent suspicion Archibald was not going to let down any time soon. There needed to be proof for that action to follow. Archibald was more was than to blindly trust and follow anyone before him, even if they were a herd leader and spoke well. Archibald had fought alongside Midas, knew of him as a father, and knew he was a kind spirit; it all led to Archibald's respect for the painted stallion.

"A peace treaty will serve well between us. While I will not draw my army forth to take something that does not belong to our allys, we will step in to defend should you find yourself on the other side of that situation." Archibald was not cruel enough to let another herd fall into warfare when they needed help. Archibald was a warlord, a fervent participant in the majority of Helovian wars and invasions, and while Archibald would not lead his armies at the forefront of an invasion now, he had been a loyal soldier. He was not stupid enough to disobey those above him, unless they turned foolish, but Archibald had always been an independent in his heart, and had only put himself in the herd duties he saw fit and he had control over.

Archibald glanced at Kaj when the king regarded him, but his stoney facade did not burst. The massive stallion--the most gargantuan on this meeting--would not drop his stoic expressions for a chance at attempting to comfort his leaders. If they needed his strength, they would draw from it the only way Archibald knew how to give it.
[ @[Parelia] Sorry it's short!]

image credits

Through the ages of time

please tag me

Swishing her long teal streaked tail the mare listened closely. It sounds suspiciously to much like the Falls was expecting some kind of war, and trying to get her family to join them before that could happen. Kaj said that wasn't what they wanted, but that's how it sounded. Glancing at her leaders and the massive black and white stallion, she tried to figure out what they were really thinking. If only they could have time away from the foreign leaders to speak openly, she would feel much more confident about this. Maybe if the girl had more experience doing this she would be able to express the worries dancing within her brain. Right now the best the cremello mare could do was listen.

Nodding along with the words spoken by Kaj and Archibald she waited. Honey brown eyes watched the leaders quietly. Finding the right time to speak she took a calming breath. "I think it could be very beneficial for our herds to be partners. I do believe it would be a great way to share crafting, healing, and warrior ideas. Maybe would could set up a small sparing tournament between us. It could be a great opportunity for our warriors and healers alike to teach and learn. Maybe the crafters could come together and make something for the top warrior and healer." The girl's voice was calm and warm, nothing like the slight fear that was coursing through her. What if she was over stepping boundaries by proposing such a thing.

Watching closely she wanted to see how everyone would take this offer. Once more her voice rang out, "It would be wise to form a bound between us. We may be a peaceful family, but we will be there when someone needs us." Her words were double edged; trying to hint they would not allow others to walk on them. She did not want to be so blunt as to insinuate she thought that the Hidden Falls would try such a thing. How would everyone take the words she had spoken? Would they be upset or would the respect her words? Penna gently nibbled her short mane reassuring her, he at least thought she had the right idea.

Words: 372
Notes:

image credits

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

The patched queen is open, willing to make a bond that would benefit both parties. I'd expected nothing less from friends, "Aye, we'd be honored to attend thee festivities." Word traveled of Edge sport in the early part of this season; yar, but I'd been far to busy to deal with the likes of games. Personal enjoyment fell to a back burner when conflicted with the death of someone loved. I smiled nevertheless, if joining their ranks in sport meant a stronger union...I'd sacrifice a day of sulking.

Kaj, their king is also enthusiastic about a deal -- though perhaps slightly more worrisome when he backs the queen on neutrality. I say nothing to retort their comments, but in the back of my mind I know the ideal of such peace is a beautiful thing, naive and false -- but beautiful to gaze upon. Ktulu and her ranks had tried for something similar, the weight of their choices destroyed them. I prayed for the Edge that those foolish events wouldn't repeat themselves.

"I'll send a Medic, with a sample of herbs from the valley." Attention shifted to Archibald, who made a claim to offer aid should our land become invaded. I nodded, feeling slightly more at ease with his answer than that of the dictators present. "Hidden Fall's will pledge the same." How would they do it? I wondered, three peaceful clans and a wolf that slept far in the north. A knot would surely break eventually if even one allied themselves to the wolf. Best to weave our threads strong and take time to ensure they are preserved and maintained. "We seem to stand on common ground, I look to the future and see much potential." Glancing toward Ghost I added, "Does thee have any concerns?"

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Dead men tell no tales.

Ghost watched as their words were taken and mulled over, she waited for the reply and when it came, her face contorted into a mixture of admiration and surprise. "A neutral land?" The thought echoes through her mind as she tries to garner an advantage to it within the world they lived. It was certainly endearing and, if it worked, the Edge would surely benefit from a wide range of resources. Yet, in their quest for wide spread peace and fun, did they not put their own in danger? Politics was a new thing to Ghost and she found that her own mind rather liked the debates that came along with it. She chaffed at the silence that was demanded of her in the current situation, the sprite so wanted to ask why and how. Maybe alliances in the past had been so bad that this misty land no longer wanted to be bound by word. The King and Queen spoke of their agreement in trade between arms and goods, but elaborated no more on what the Edge would offer. The games sounded like a fun addition, though Ghost herself would not find enjoyment in such frivolity, she hoped others in her herd would attend. In the end, she admired what the royalty here sought, but questioned its stability.

She looked to the hulking form of Archibald, his stoic presence commanded attention and her eyes narrowed, not in a confronting or angered way, but more out of curiosity. After all, a horse was never born this rigid and indomitable, whatever had made him this way was shaped by life and for some reason he didn’t quite fit the world peace agenda. He spoke like a warrior who knew something of war and Ghost found she liked his words better; he offered security whilst the others (including herself) dallied in trade. If the Cadaverous could pick, she’d rather have the armies to call upon in a time of need than the resources offered. Her prying eyes flicked between King and Captain whilst a meddling smile weaved across her dark lips, "who is King again?" It was a rhetorical question delivered on bantering words that were only meant as a fun jest with echoes of her true nosiness. She left it there, another day the sprite might have poked more fun, but there was an air of calm about them that stopped her from pressing any further.

Parelia, the Glazier, echoed her own Leaders words and ended on a note that Ghost couldn’t quite decipher what she entirely meant. Instead, she shrugged it off; it appeared the Edge wasn’t quite ready to commit all her eggs to one basket. Midas spoke again with his usual respectful, archaic flair and agreed to both the offer of trade and protection. It was apparent their conversation had exasperated all they were going to get from this meeting and Ghost met the eyes of the Gallant "no, I think we have obtained all we can from this" she responded dryly.

With that she cast a glance to their lordly company and inclined her head, folds of silky black mane falling over one side of her face. "Thank you for your audience and I wish our herds to have many more seasons of friendship." Ghost pandered to the crowd on lavishing words.

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

There was little else to say after all had been decided. Between Kaj, Archibald, Parelia, and herself, the majority of the Edge’s concerns seemed to have been covered. At least all parties involved seemed to be content with the decisions. Except, Ghost, apparently. Even the gentle queen could not help but put her ears back upon her head as Ghost took a bite at the captain. For all the liberties Archibald had taken, she did not mind at all and it seemed Kaj did not either. After all, the warriors were Archibald’s concern and he had all the right in the world to command them as he saw fit. They had not placed him as captain because they were worried about his ability or his decision making skills.

“Archibald has served us well. He has not over-stepped his bounds,” she said calmly to the pegasus woman, shifting on her hooves in some mild amount of distress. So much for her magic… but in some ways, this was a more comfortable distress than the distress of being close to Kaj. At least this distress did not involve her entire world crashing down around her.

“We look forward to your delivery,” she said then to Midas, more happy with his words than hers. “It is good to know we can call you friend.” No matter how much she loved company, though, Kahlua secretly could not wait until they left. She needed to separate herself from Kaj, so that she could think more about what she should do with him. At this point, she didn’t have any ideas.
Kahlua
Image Credit

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

"I bid ye good day," crown lowers for each individual present, from one family to the next, "Pleasant nights and long days to ye all." Fina sighs, oblivious to our conversation, for her eyes are keenly upon the serpent with a sense of rising disappointment. Parting words and farewells given. I turn with Ghost, our direction pointed like a compass toward home. Neve chitters enthusiastically, poking her head free of feather and lock to peer behind as we trail off.

Despite having much occur, I find my tongue seems to be worn from politics and thus produces nothing in the form of noise for a long while. Wings spread, thrashing hard to carry me toward heaven. Before long we are airborne. For a moment it seems easy to allow the wispy breeze to chase worries away. Grant my soul a lapse to simply relish these small victories. Aye.

We should be glad for a peace of mind. Two allies. One in the South and one in the North. Our family would remain protected so long as we continued down the path of peace.

Or until the world moved on.

As the ground races below, my mind is drawn to another family. They lay far from here... and I missed them. I always missed them. Funny how the anthills below can bring on the most redundant emotions and memories. High above the world, in these clouds and empty air where naught but birds and common folk flew.

OOC: Midas out ;)

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS