the Rift

[JUDGED] Talking Heads

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::
[[Setting: Aurora Basin. The beginning of Birdsong. Midmorning, it is going to be a warm day as it is already heating up. Ground is muddy and slippery from rain over night.
Type: Seasonal Spar
Time-limit: Aiming for a quick spar! ;)
Notes: Good luck lovely, let me know if you're struggling muse wise and we can give you a time extension or something.
Tag: @[Saffron]]]

It had been a long time since she had answered to call to arms and even longer since she had been in a training spar. Her last teacher had been Deimos the Reaper, little scared her after that rather brutal elsson. Not that she hadn't been busy in her down time, carrying and then birthing twins was tough work. Plus not long after their birth she had to fight for her freedom and her daughter's. Since that stunning defeat against Tyradon the doe had shied away from battles, preferring to fight with other tools at her disposal. However being so out of practice would not help her family if they were to call upon her for assistance and perhaps if she had been more practiced she would have been able to get her daughters away from the clutches of The Regime. Winter's gentle pressure against her leg caused Arah to turn and smile down at her bonded. Whenever her mood plummeted the griffin was quick to distract the doe and erase the tension from her ivory body.

The crisp morning had had been what had awoken her and Wynter, now it had faded to the midmorning warmth. The doe closed her eyes, inhaling the fresh air, last night's rain still hovered in the breeze. Today would be a good day to get some practice in, it had certainly been long enough.
Turning from the cave that she slept in alone, the doe prowled to the middle of The Basin. The journey was short and each stride was filled with purpose, Wynter soared above stretching out her wings readying herself for battle. Arah's intention had seeped through the bond, in turn Wynter was expressing excitement at finally exploring the realms of fighting with the doe. It would the first time working together as a team and understandably both also were concealing a flurry of nerves in the pits of their stomachs. Coming to a stop atop a hill, Arah surveyed the muddy ground beneath her, her golden gaze then began scanning along the trees that circled what would no doubt become a very muddy fighting pit quickly. It was a small circle, it would be dangerous but fun. Darting in and out of those trees may be able to assist in dodging some attacks, the slippery ground would both hinder and assist the fighters and by now that sun shouldn't get into anyone's eyes.

So the doe stood atop the hill with Wynter out of sight waiting for a opponent.

[[[0/3]]]

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I've been given my orders: Practice your fighting! Become a better warrior so we can protect ourselves from invasion. Of course, I'm more concerned with my own interests and that of the herd's, but practicing my fighting skills is in my interest as well as their's. I haven't been informed of whom I shall be fighting, and I suppose it is up to me. Find a Basin-er and get better at ripping him or her to shreds. Got it! I'd be lying to say that I'm not nervous. Sure I've attacked and killed prey animals before and it hasn't been too long since I assisted in the death of that one red haired stallion. However, I've never taken on a horse one on one who has been in full health and ready to defend against a tiger attack. Of course I hope to win and will put all my effort toward it. My nerves don't really care about effort or motivation.

Padding through the Basin on this warm Birdsong morning, I find that it isn't long before a victim -- I mean opponent -- comes into my view. The heat of the sun warms my coat, but the temperature remains cool from the previous night's rain. The weather is beautiful and comfortable enough to make sparring more pleasant than simple work. The slight mud feels good on my pads, and I'm thankful that I have claws to assist my traction. The mare that I see before me is not one I've met before, but then there are many of the Basin whom I've never met. She stands atop a hill, between us a flat area that might serve as an even fighting ground for us to meet upon. I stop just outside it and call up to her. "I am Saffron. Spar with me?" My voice is deep and mature, though I am still young in years. I don't feel I should waste more words before we have at it, and I wonder if she feels much the same.

"Speech."

WC: 337
Attack: 0/3

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

At the sign of movement the doe glances down between the tress as a creature slinks forwards, from atop her hill Arah carefully watches as the new arrival approaches her; for the moment her interest has peaked. This is not an animal that she has seen before but through traveling different lands she has heard tales of the vicious nature that resided within tigers. The creature stops on the muddy flat and calls out to her, a smile dances along the mare's lips as she continues to take in the tiger. "Arah." She pauses as she ponders the tiger's request, never before had she battled such a strange creature; perhaps it would look good on her record. Besides, had she not come here today with the intention of finding a sparring partner? Winter still hovers above her, gliding in the gentle breeze readying herself for when Arah pounced she to would snap into action. This was what she needed to get back into the swing of battling, her decision is made; she would indeed spar with this tiger today. Through the bond, Arah could tell that Wynter was also preparing for battle, climbing high for a powerful dive. They would be tested as a team today and the silver doe was looking forward to the challenge.

She had lost the battle to Tyradon because a) his brutish strength had overwhelmed her and b) sometimes she had held back in her attacks, for the fear of retaliation was always present in her mind. Today the silver doe does her best to push all fear aside as her golden eyes narrow and focus upon the target. It was a battle, Saffron would requite her attacks in full; the sooner she accepted this the easier this battle would become. 'Seachain a chuid fiacla agus ag faire amach do na crúba.' Orders are given and for only a split second Arah allows herself to worry about her bonded companion. To prevent any warning being given to Saffron so she may prepare herself, the doe does not verbally consent to the spar; Arah uses her haunches to launch herself into full flight at the patterned tiger. Mud flicks up behind her as she charges, her stride is confident though and for the moment she does not slip. The distance between them is quickly closed, Arah moves in a fast and direct approach. The Arabian in her did not provide much strength or power but it was made up for with agility and speed.

The final distance is closed and they meet upon the flat and muddy ring, her decent has been a burst of speed. Using the momentum from her charge and with her back legs planted firmly, slightly spread to support the weight of her upper body rising from the ground, Arah rises into a half rear while bringing both front legs up with her. The target is shorter than her, so her instinct tells her aim for his spine, head and ribs, (eyes, ears and other small attacks would be left for Wynter's choosing, the snowy griffon did have a particular love for eyes). Yet even with her height advantage her rear is not full, never again would she expose her belly to the target, she had learnt that lesson from The Reaper. Her immediate goal is to bring both hooves crashing down upon the tiger's spine, it would hinder the creature and hopefully cause agony to move throughout the rest of the battle however, the attack was still full of risks, she knew that tiger's were fast and those claws were deadly, one ill fated swipe and this spar would be over. With her pale hooves seeking the wetness of the muddy ground below, the mare could only hope to land somewhat safely on the slippery ground, still facing the tiger for she did not wish to loose track of the patterned creature. Eyes on the target at all times. Eyes on the target.

From the corner of her eye the lady spies a diving figure, it is a blur of white. With a blood curling screech Wynter has entered the fray in full attack mode, the creature swoops in from the right, talons poised ready to grab flesh that makes up Saffron's left ear. Not just the tip, the entire ear. Wynter hopes to plunge in, rip the left ear off and then continue through the swoop, avoiding any counter attack from the tiger. It is a fast and direct attack, using the distraction her mistress provided to her advantage.

[[[Translation : Avoid his teeth and watch out for those claws.]]]
[[[759/800]]]
[[[1/3]]]

Lauren
The beautiful pale lady introduces herself as Arah, and I make a note in my mind to match face to name in the future. I'm not blind enough to miss her winged companion climbing into the sky, and I try hard to not lick my lips as I watch it rise. I should expect her to be used against me as well. But first, I must turn my eyes back to the mare who is ready to attack me. Arah doesn't give me any warning, but I am waiting already and prepared for her to come for me. The lady charges head on, and I think if I were a unicorn as she that she might impale herself on me. But I am no unicorn and thus have no such defenses.

I extend my claws, digging them into the ground to give myself a good grip on the earth, and brace myself for her attack. The earth beneath me is not as sturdy as I would like, having been thawed by birdsong's warmth and muddied by the recent rain. She comes to a stop in front of me, raising up on her hind legs to thrash her hooves above me. I pin my ears and my amber eyes are wide, pupils dilated as I take in all the visual information around me. I try to dodge out of the way, but my attempt only moves me a few inches; the ground does not provide the traction as I had hoped. Her hooves come down and miss my spine by centimeters, instead hitting my ribcage. I let out a loud roar at her, pain rushing through me as she bruises my bones. The hair on my pelt stands up and I paw at the ground, sliding myself away from her as she lands on the ground on all four feet.

This wasn't personal, and I suppose that it still isn't personal, but with bruised ribs I feel rather unfavorably toward the antlered Arah. And her companion as well: the griffin dives toward me with a screech and I roar in return. Her talons scratch my ear, pulling some skin from it, but fail to take it off. Luckily, in moving to my right, I took myself out of the bullseye that the griffin had likely marked for me. I think to take a swipe at it, but before I can move my paw into action, she has ascended again and is out of my reach.

I don't waste a second in turning my gaze back to Arah, not wanting to let her sneak in any second attack while my attention is diverted. She's on my left now and I turn to face her with a grimace. My ribs hurt, and though I can still breathe, it hurts to take a deep breath. 'I will have to return the favor.' I run toward her, wincing as pain runs through my body from my ribs, and upon reaching her extend my paw with aim to slice open her chest or shoulder should she turn away from me. I hiss, voicing my pain through anger. Perhaps attacking a horse head on isn't the wisest choice, but I'm new to this, and my playbook is yet to be filled out for this match. I hope I'm successful as I pull back, jumping away and remaining facing the mare. My tail waves back and forth with irritation and I try to keep my breathing neutral and mind focused.. but the pain makes me wonder if she hasn't broken a rib.

"Speech."

WC: 594
Attack: 1/3
Badly bruised ribs, aims for Arah's chest or shoulder with claws.

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

With her heart racing in her chest, she charged forward, her hooves occasionally slip on the muddy ground. Yet as she charged her fear was shoved aside, her worries about this play lessoned, moving forward kept her in the moment. Arah met the tiger upon the ground, her eyes fixed upon the stripped back. The rise was powerful, her back legs sturdy and sure, mind focused. With the assistance of gravity, her hooves soar down through the air, they are aimed at Saffron's spine. Yet the creature moves quickly, her attack will no longer be the lethal assault she had hoped for. Missing the her mark anger's the normally placid mare; as a result her hooves crunch down on top of Saffron's ribs, the impact riveting up her legs, the shock numbing her mind and slowing her reaction to move and avoid the counter attack that must be coming her way. They had always fought back brutally in the past, it was their right and more than that, it was their natural instinct. She had felt the bones underneath her hooves, they were most definitely bruised, perhaps she had even broken one. An animalistic smirk crosses her face as her eyes continue to hone in on their target.

Hooves scramble for a solid stance upon the muddy ground and Wynter swoops down, talon poised for the tiger's ear. It remains firmly attached to the tiger's skull unfortunately, perhaps some damage was done through scratching, yet it was a bitter disappointment for both the doe and the griffin. Better luck next time! Wynter is eager to continue attacking the tiger but as planned she completes the swoop and soars out of the danger zone. Wings stretched out as soon as she has space, Wynter's flight is once again graceful. The stripped creature turns to face her once again, confidence laced each movement. Arah's own confidence has yet to falter. Saffron charges directly towards her, with a purposeful gaze lingering upon Arah, smiling the doe accepts the challenge. She wants the tiger to get close, she needs this for her next attack. With such little time to prepare the doe waits, she is patient and relaxed. Waiting until the last possible second Arah watches as Saffron moves closer...her prey is falling right into the trap; five...four...three...two...one...NOW! As the claws are extend towards her chest, the doe leans back, locking her back legs up. Next she swings her body around to the left, exposing her right shoulder. As the tiger's claws sink into her naked flesh and rip away at her shoulder, her scream pierces the air. As her right shoulder opens up her tears start to spill from her eyes, but it does not hinder her own counter attack. It was important to stay close but even more important to protect her chest.

It took a steely spirit not to put distance between them, her gaze traveled down in an attempt to capture Saffron's gaze. Her magic sparks to life inside of her, it climbs to her heart, curling around it with warmth. Golden orbs spark to life as her magic begins to flow through her blood, aimed towards Saffron. Through her magic she attempts to begin picking away at the other's mind, attempting to take control of the thoughts; capturing Saffron in the prison of her own mind. Her hymn is calm despite the pain that she'd currently in. "Forget why you're here...forget who I am...you no longer want to attack me...all is well...Wynter does not exist." As her voice floats through the air, eyes intent upon their target, the doe still does not back away from her opponent. Blood trails down the right leg, the crippling pain threatens to overwhelm her. While her voce and magic floats over to the stripped beast, Wynter is zeroing in on her target. The snowy creature has her talon's poised ready to sink into the creature's flesh. A strange darkness surrounds the claws on Wynter's feet, an ability Arah wasn't aware of? Swooping down the griffin has her claws aimed for the stripped shoulders, her intent rings through the bond. While the doe aims to keep the tiger's attention, the griffin will swoop in and begin to magically drain away Saffron's energy. Right leg occasionally buckling from the pain her shoulder is in; Arah does her best to keep Saffron's attention.

[[[Translation : ]]]
[[[737/800]]]
[[[2/3]]]

Lauren
It is with great surprise that I watch Arah stay in one spot, even when she sees my oncoming attack. She waits for me, and though I don't slow down, I find myself a little nervous that she is planning something sly and suspicious. Still, my paw flies through the air, claws extended and reaching for her pale hide. Approaching from Arah's left, I'm even more shocked as Arah turns INTO me, rather than away. Is she somehow confused? She moves quickly enough that I still catch her shoulder, as opposed to her chest as I might have hoped to reach. Her screams of pain are like music to my rounded ears, and I feel somewhat better about the bruised ribs she's left me with. My claws slice through her skin and blood rises to the surface. Paw comes off her side and I land back on the ground on all fours, though now we are on opposite sides from where we started.

I turn around, paws squelching slightly as the blood from my opponent mixes with the mud below us. I take a deep breath and wince again, reminded that it hurts to do that. A thin layer of sweat starts to form on my fur, matting it down in just a few spots, as I expend effort to wound my opponent. I am not as in shape as I would like, and she is a bigger target that I am used to taking on. I expect Arah to move away from me, or to lash out with teeth or hooves, but neither of these things happen. I look up into her face and see tears (of pain?) running down her cheeks. But as I gaze into her eyes I'm surprised to see that her eyes are clear and focused, and her golden orbs meet my amber ones.

My feelings of victory and success seem to drift away from my mind, though, the longer I stare into her eyes. I try to pull myself away, but.. something seems to hold me there. The ache in my side falls to a dull thrum, and I don't really notice the blood that streams down the beautiful mare's leg. Instead, the thoughts in my mind start to blur, and all I can hear is soft singing, and I start to wonder why I am here. The thoughts of her griffin Wynter have completely left my mind, and I'm unaware of her spiraling above me in the sky. I shift my weight back and forth, my tail twitching idly behind me as I stand defenseless. Defenseless for the attack by the griffin as she swoops down and I feel myself begin to get tired... more, and more.. until I wish that I might be sleeping now instead of standing here doing...

What am I doing? My mind stirs and I start to notice Wynter close to me. What's that thing hovering by me? The idea that perhaps I'm in the middle of a spar begins to creep into my mind. I vigorously shake my head, breaking eye contact from Arah, and reality starts to rush back into my mind. I look back at Arah but avoid eye contact, realizing now that something about her gaze had been dangerous, and I roar loudly with anger at this magic she has used against me. I leap forward, closing the small distance between us should she fail to move away.

'You should not use your mind tricks against my, beautiful Witch!' I try to grab her with my paws, not to draw blood, but to hold her still. My real attack is with my fangs, hoping to bite into her throat and draw blood from the snowy fae. If I can dip my fangs into her muscles, I can leave her with my OWN brand of magic: hallucinogens. Then we shall see how much she likes this mind war.

"Speech."

WC: 653
Attack: 2/3
Dark x Earth [A] :: Wounds by bite: Inject a neurotoxin that induces delirium, potential for hallucinations. Wears off after 20 seconds in battle.

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Not a single smile crossed Arah's chops, instead a snarl twisted her normally elegant feautres, while a taunting glare danced with the magic in her eyes. Anger burned bright and furiously, her nostrils flared with every heavily pained breath the doe dragged in. Saffron could not escape the grasping tendrils of the fae's gaze. Now the corners of her mouth curve up in a wicked snarl. Her right shoulder felt as if Saffron had left her talons buried deep within her flesh, the blood flowed freely this sight lead a black rage to swirl around her body.

Magic always burnt her out; Arah knew this yet she still held on to the tiger's gaze, enchanting, alluring, endearing and captivating. The calm before the storm settled over both as the magic sealed it's impervious grip over her foe's mind. A gentle and tranquil cold wind sweeps across her body, offering a soothing sting for her crippled shoulder as it drys the tear tracks along her cheeks.

There is no pity for her opponent, in the heat of battle emotional decisions clouded judgments and effected one's over all performance. Magic poured through her orbs into the other's eyes, the unbroken connection forming a solid bridge. Saffron shifts her weight back and forth, unconsciously uncomfortable with another controlling her mind but the doe is relentless in her attack. Saffron's tail begins twitching idly, under the control of the doe she has become defenceless. Wynter swoops down, keen eyes locked upon her target as she dives, going in for the kill. Darkness grips to Wynter's talons as they sink into Saffron's flesh, through the bond Arah feels the sudden rush of power. The griffin's clutch is iron, draining the light from her opponent.

The web that locks their gazes together wobbles, shaking as the tiny weaker outer strands begin to snap. Suddenly the entire web gave way, crumbling as if it were a collapsing bridge giving way to the murky waters below. Exhaustion plagued her mind and body, no warning was sent through her crippled body as suddenly Saffron launched at Arah causing Wynter takes flight.

At Saffron's sudden launch, Arah snarls in both fear and aggression - a dangerous mix. Time seemed to slow as Saffron began her assault, her eyes focused on Arah's throat. Instinct slams into her body but it is mostly too late to back away from the attack. Fiercely Arah yanks her tired and aching body into motion, the tears in her shoulder stretch and pull, causing absolutely agonising pain. Hooves frantically begin to back-pedal, they slip in the mud; her desperation to escape the oncoming assault affects her ability to get away cleanly.

Gigantic paws hold onto her, too late she realises that they are not where her attention should have been focussed. Leaning back did little to prevent the razor sharp teeth sinking into her ivory coat, her throat is delicate and fleshy. Terror washes over her at the ease at which the tiger tears into her, thankfully the bite is not life threatening deep, the doe does not have time to realise this though. The hallucinogens have entered her system and taken over her mind.

The doe watches in horror as The Regime slinks out from between the trees snarling, her babes tremble behind her. "NO!" Her screams pierce the air, entire body trembling as Arwen and Asch walk away from her, entranced by the lies the skulled bitch spins at them. "Come back here! No! DON'T MOVE." The babes can't hear her cries, walking away, leaving Arah trapped underneath the tiger's teeth. "ARWEN! ASCH!" Tears blaze trails down her cheeks. Finally she begins to plead. "TAKE ME....LEAVE THEM ALONE! TAKE ME!" She fights the grip of the tiger, trying to break away, she must save her children. She must not fail them again. Yet they are gone, only her jeering smile can be seen through the trees. "Please...they are the only ones I have to love."
The old wounds and memories are spilt wide open, the valley of pain and regret spilled over as finally the pale doe fights the hallucinogens leaving her system. After all this time her pain had just been festering sores on her soul.

With her neck now opened along with her shoulder the doe's retaliation would be weak. This time Arah looked down upon the tiger with pure hatred for cracking open the sandstone that covered her wounds. Saffron was still directly in front of her, only a slight distance separated them from her previous struggles. Planting her back pale hooves solidly in the mud Arah raised her front hooves and pointed them directly at Saffron's heart. Hovering only a second, she launched, hoping to crush the enemy beneath her blood splattered hooves.

[[[ Translation : ]]]
[[[794/800]]]
[[[3/3]]]

Lauren
As I shake free the tight grasp on my mind that holds me hostage, shifting awkwardly in the squelching mud, I breathe a quick sigh of relief. I've startled the griffin from my shoulders, and as her claws slip from my flesh I feel free to focus on what really needs to happen now. The next attack. My eyes flash with rage, with focus, and my teeth are bared for the flesh of the enemy. Or rather... my dear herd mate with whom I struggle to destroy. It's all relative, isn't it? Surely when all this has passed, there will be no remaining animosity between us. Perhaps we could even become friends. But right now, I don't want to be friends. I'm pissed that Arah would be using this magic on me, on my mind. Revenge is all I want.

My teeth pierce her flesh, and the hallucinations wrought by my poisoned fangs begin to spread through her mind. I do not know the horror that she is living through, that she screams of. Her mind clearly plagued, she flails as she tries to get away from me - not from pain, but from fear of whatever nightmares she seems to be reliving. I almost feel sorry for the damsel, for her anguish that is painted clear as day on her face, in every movement of her body. Her struggle is real, that of a mother trying to protect her beloved children. I do not understand, I could never understand. I am neither mother or child, being too young for children and orphaned as an infant. I can only imagine, and what I imagine her picturing, based off her screams, I do not envy. Having done my dirty, reprehensible work, I slide my fangs from her body (after all, I am not intending to seriously wound her), and return to all four paws.

She's come out of the hallucinogenic state faster than I have anticipated. Fast enough that I don't have time to retreat, and find myself directly in harm's way. Up until this point, I have felt no fear. Only confidence, rage, and determination have coursed through my veins. But now, as I see the dangerous wrath burning in Arah's eyes, alarm starts to run through me instead. My breath catches, my ribs ache and I feel myself weak. My heart thrums in my chest, pumping madly, resounding in my ears. She rises up, her hooves flash in front of my face. I try to dash away, out of her reach, but I'm frozen in the moment. The rage had been all mine, but whatever she imagined, whatever she witnessed, has sent her over the edge. Her hooves come crashing down, but my attacks appear to have weakened her, just as hers have weakened mine. I manage only a step to the left away from her, so that instead of hitting my chest, she hits my right shoulder. I whine and grimace, and my right leg gives way, my shoulder dropping from the pressure.

I back away quickly, the freshly bruised limb awakening me from my fear-driven stupor. I can stand, I can move - and I'm so grateful for that - but I will definitely be resting for awhile after this. The throb from my ribs and now my shoulder addle my brain, leaving strategy at the bottom of the list of achievable feats. Angled away from her, I turn back, my left paw swinging wide and toward her beautiful face. I don't want to take her nose clean off, and even if I did, I wouldn't have the energy after Wynter's attack. I'd rather just leave her with some fresh clean cuts across the delicate velveteen muzzle, to see blood bead across thin stripes. She can boast about it later - how she took on the mighty tigress. My claws slice through the air, and I hope that I've made contact, before dropping down again.

I move back, panting, and hope that no more attacks shall come my way. Surely we've done each other enough harm? My injuries cut me to the quick, though I may appear in perfect health on the outside. I know it shall take awhile to recover from this squabble. I bow my head to her and her companion. "You have fought well, lady Arah." And for that, she has my due respect.

"Speech."

WC: 726
Attack: 3/3

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

The fury that burned in her shoulder and neck paled to the anger in her soul. With the memories that had been ripped out from underneath the freshly pink scars and the physical pain of battle, the silver fae had tipped completely over the edge. Bright, burning crimson fire flowed from the cut on her shoulder and the teeth wounds in her neck. With her entire body aching Arah knew she could not take much more of this, desperation for the fight to end was setting in quickly but not without her revenge first. With her limbs shaking from effort and her terrible wounds bleeding, the doe took a deep breath as her body screamed that it would not be able to preform another assault. The screams she would ignore.

As she sailed down in a burning red rage, her eyes focused on her target, her beautiful face painted in a twisted snarl. Saffron dodges her deadly onslaught, however the agility of the tiger is not able to assist Saffron in escaping Arah's assault completely. The sound of her hooves connecting with the tiger's flesh is sickeningly pleasing to her ears. Bloody hooves smashing into the tiger's stripped right shoulder causes the beast to whine before the leg cripples underneath her. The shock waves rolled up her legs and caress her body, enough to awaken her sense of mortally. She needed to calm herself, she needed to think. Hooves landing firmly into the mud, Arah pants, the air burning on it's way in and out.

The face pale princess had enough of this fight, yet it had also awakened the realisation that there came a point in everyone's life where they would have to choose their path, would they simply linger in existence or fight for a better life? At some point you would have to choose and frankly, Arah was sick of lingering. She now chose to fight.

In that moment, covered in mud, blood and in an immense amount of pain, Arah was reborn.

Seconds past, Saffron backs up a few steps but Arah does not believe for a second that the tiger is finished fighting even if the doe is. Suddenly the stripped beast stops and swings back, her huge paw abruptly sailing through the air towards Arah's face. Golden orbs widen in shock, panic setting into her bones freezing her in place for a split second before she springs into action. With a snarl she backs up a single step before picking up her two front legs and swinging her body around to the right, allowing Saffron's paw to sail past her face, claws missing her nose by an inch. The motion is agony, as if her entire body is protesting it's willingness to move another muscle. The air is brittle that blasts past her dome in the wake of the attack, tears begin to cut streaks down her cheeks, clearing away minuscule amounts of mud.

For only a single moment, things slow as Arah watches Saffron, golden eyes flashing with the fading anger. Her bloodied and battered hooves hit the ground, splattering mud up onto her legs and belly. It was over.
No more.
Please. No more.

Crowned dome dips, her pale face splattered with mud and blood, unwilling to turn her eyes upon her opponent who had witnessed her raw and thawing wounds. Wynter lands beside her mistress and starts watching, with rapt fascination, her bonded's leaking eyes. The shock and pain pulled a quiet noise from the doe's throat, a soft cry leaves her lips and her eyes close.

The relief fills her to the brim as she opens her eyes to watch Saffron finally back away taking a few steps. Bleeding, aching and in desperate need of a healer, Arah also backs away. The fae princess watches the tiger before speaking in an exhausted voice. "And you." Dipping her head in respect Arah has one last request. "Please, what you saw..." Her voice falters for a moment as she fights back the raw memory. "don't speak of it." With a final nod and a gentle smile, Arah turns and walks away into the distance.

Destiny is calling her.

[[[ Translation : ]]]
[[[696/800]]]
[[[Closing Defence]]]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: ARAH is the winner!

ARAH
Realism [+2.5]
Your first post was awesome, like you had everything, great attack with details and realism, mention of previous battles and your experience, breed comparisons, scenery evaluation and concern of effects, just great! Your second post however saw no mention of breed and limited surrounding, as well as too low of an injury for a 6 damage. Having your shoulders torn open by a tiger’s paws is surely painful, and although you said as much, it didn’t seem like it actually was because the pain was then brushed over and your movements continued on mostly unhindered.

For your third post though you have great surroundings mention of slipping on the mud and good attack, although you cannot say for certain that Saffron is still in front of you, so be careful. You mention pain about her neck, but it seems too low of an injury once again given the roll of a 5 damage. Your magic response is great though. Then in your closing defense you had a good evasion.

Emotion [+1.5]
I saw some of Arah in the fight, but mostly it was flashes of emotion and I haven’t left feeling like I really know or understand her at all, least of all why she engaged in this fight and made the choices she did during it.

Prose [+2.5]
Your prose started off really strong and beautiful, but then seemed to get much choppier and simplified, as if it was rushed and not read through.

Readability [-1]
Lots of grammatical errors, but otherwise easy to read.

Post 1: which side is Arah on of Saffron?
“Winter still hovers above her…” (Wynter)
“...readying herself for when Arah pounced she to would snap into action.” (so she would?)
“...wing of battling, her decision is made…” (battling. Her…)
“....her decent has been a burst…” (descent)

Post 2:
“...her worries about this play lessoned… (lessened)
“Missing the her mark ... “ (extra word)
“...purposeful gaze lingering upon Arah, smiling the doe accepts the challenge.” (weirdly worded)
“...between them, her gaze traveled…” (them. Her gaze…)
“...pain that she'd currently in.” (she’s)
“...an ability Arah wasn't aware of?” (should be reworded to be a question or have a period instead)

Post 3:
“... within her flesh, the blood flowed…” (flesh; the blood)
“...flowed freely this sight lead a black rage to swirl around her body.” (weird wording)
“...it's impervious grip…” (its)
“...one's over all performance.” (overall)
“...at Arah causing Wynter takes flight. “ (to take flight)

Finally tally: 40.5+(11*2)= 62.5 HP

SAFFRON
Realism [+1]
You have the potential for great attacks and defenses, but I am constantly left without enough detail or explanation to make them real enough. For instance, why did Saffron brace for a charging horse in post 1, rather than dashing off as any normal tiger would do? You said she dodges Arah's charge, but how does she dodge?? In post 2 you break Arah’s magic by suddenly getting a feeling you’re in a spar, I would have loved more detail on that process.

You took pretty good damage, but again the pain and injury felt undescribed and thus limited. For instance in post 1 Saffron’s ribs are kicked and bruised, and you say it kinda hurts to breathe, but that seems hugely painful and would not lead me to think that Saffron would then go a stretch out to swipe at her. If you had used more description and timing to make it flow as a reflexive counter attack, that would have made sense, but you broke it up very clearly that Arah’s rear landed, then the companion tore your ear, and then you attacked, rather than making all those things one process evolving together. Similarly you didn’t seem to take enough damage in your second post, just that you were tired, but you rolled a 6. However in your third post you took too much damage for a 2 considering your shoulder took a direct hit and crumpled afterwards, that seems like more than a basic bruise to me.

You touched on surroundings and breed briefly here and there, but again not enough description to really make them an influence during the fight.

Just a note as well, tiger’s do not sweat - mentioned in post 2.

It is all in the details!

Emotion [+1]
The emotion steadily increased as the fight went on, but it all seemed very dry and I never got a good sense of Saffron - I was told not shown her feelings.

Prose [+2]
Your posts read a bit choppy and the writing was very simplistic and at times left me wanting much more, especially given all the words you had left to use. Look for smoother transitions to maintain flow of different paragraphs and ideas.

Readability [+2]
Just a few typos. Also in your second post you commented that Arah turned into you, but you said that they were facing each other, so regardless of turning left or right she wouldn’t have turned into you.

Post 2
“...mind, though, the.... (mind the)

Post 3:
“The next attack.” (fragment)

Finally tally: 33.5+(6*2)= 45.5 HP