the Rift

[PRIVATE] at one point&&

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I had just begun walking along the sea-foam shore when my body began bubbling and boiling with waves of energy. My head shot straight up into the air, my nostrils flared with an unmatched vigor. My calm walking strides became frantic, each stride morphing into a sort of prance. Hooves slick with salty water slid into the sand, burying themselves every time they landed onto the moist grains. Within a split second, my body erupted into bright flames. The sound of the hissing fire that flowed through my pelt was almost reassuring. I tossed my head, billows of smoke floating to the sky. The taste of the smoke engulfed my mouth, the smell filling my lungs. My lips curled into a smile as I openly accepted the taste and sensation of the fire. This was part of me, something I would always be. Almost as quickly as I had turned into a Phoenix, I took off. I was galloping along the shore now, the wet sand was compact enough to allow me to reach great speed. I focused on my stride now, feeling every muscle stretch and contract. My body has craved a run like this for a long time, the feeling of fulfillment caused a great ecstasy within my mind. I had not felt satisfied, content, for months now. But right now, all the pieces fell together, my soul finally calm. This was the rainbow after the storm.

Feeling liberated from the heavy chains that once tied my fragile mind to many horrors, I make a sharp right, my fire simmering down, leaving my hide as quickly as it came. The cool wind cools my ivory body as I bound towards the blue water. Soon enough, the waves are lapping at my hooves, then my knees, then underbelly, and lastly my back. The only thing above the water is my head and part of my neck. The extreme transition from fire to water is shocking, but the thrill is divine and I find myself enjoying the opposites. I begin paddling, my hooves unable to reach the floor of the ocean. Salty droplets spray I to my eyes and coats my lips, the feeling is slightly unpleasant, but it is worth the bliss of swimming through the cool ocean. As I swim deeper into the salty waters, I feel the current tug my body in the direction it longs to go, which today, is the shore. Though my swim was short, I head back to land. Heading back is easy, I don't even have to paddle. The current brings me swiftly to the sand I had been galloping on. Eventually, I am standing on dry, powdery sand. I let my body fall to the ground as I embrace the warmth of the sun and sand.

Ooc:; @[Parelia] and all are welcome!

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.