the Rift

goldgreen&&

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I found myself at the pool once more, my surroundings seemed to call me, whisper my name, and draw me in. I had also felt the pull of my crafting element. I fluttered my eyelids open and closed for a moment as I exhaled a long sigh. I felt horrible for not summoning the patron of the Earth and Water. I wondered what power the lord truly had, and what it would look like when his true fury would be released. I'm sure there would be tsunami's, earthquakes, horrible crevices, and many deaths. I wasn't sure if that could be said of the Goddess of the Moon. Wasn't she just in charge of wind? Oh, but she was also in charge of the dark. I'm sure we'd all die in some cruel unusual way. If the Sun God were to grow angry, we'd all burn. If the Time God grew furious, we'd freeze in time then get shocked to death. If all four gods grew angry together, I'm sure the world would end.

That thought lurked in the back of my head as I prayed to the Earth God, my eyes flicked shut and my head dropped to the ground. Lord, Father, God... It seems all of Helovia is bent on finding this murderer, but while they are out searching for this assassin, they have neglected their homes. At least this is what I assume is happening. I'm not really sure how I can protect the Hidden Falls, but I've decided to begin sparing. I've come to ask, is the Hidden Falls in danger? What danger? Also, I would like to know of Helovia's past, so I may know what lies in the future. My request was quite... tall. my eyes flicked open, the world vibrant compared to my dark inner eyelids. I wondered where Midas had gone after the meeting. I had grown fond of him as a friend, a brother, and comrade. I didn't really know anyone else in this herd. Perhaps Elsa and I were still friends, but I wasn't sure. I hadn't seen the mare in a while. Did I even remember what she looks like? I sighed again, disappointed in myself. I hadn't been that social, but I had a plan to meet the herd and reconnect with all my friends.

Ooc: if @[Midas] or @[Ghost] want to be here to know more about darkness or history or whatever they can! :3
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Drom. A useful girl that has become a boon for her family. She stood near the secret pool, eyes shut. Praying? I waited among the trees, unmoving and silent. There had been topics in my mind, all worthy of discussion; but it would seem the honeyed storyteller had taken a foothold without direction. Yar, I was always pleased to see someone take initiative. There was quiet until those sandy lids flutter open Since I didn't want yon girl to think my intent was to lurk, this frame slowly moves from the bush and pushes free of those low hanging branches which snagged and snatched at my body.

"Well met, dear sister." A soft smile betrayed darker thoughts, "Pardon the interruption, does thee mind if I pray near ye?" experience found that most prayer was best done in private, but this holy place was a public venture and deserved the voices of many spirits. Muddled gaze shifted to the clear water, its clarity brings a heavy desire, "There is much trouble in Helovia," attention returns to her, "Have ye any news, regarding the murders?" The bodies are mounting, and it seemed our kin was no closer to finding an answer then they were when this first began.

Was this all a game? The darkness toyed with us, teasing as a predator did its prey. Waiting until the whites showed behind our frantic eyes, foam and sweat collected upon our spent flesh. Waited until the last moment, when terror had truly sunk deep.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
My lids opened, and my brother emerged. His legs carried him from the darkness and shadows. The sound of muffled steps caught my attention first. I glanced in his direction. There was the Czar, in all his glory-- the sun licking his back and grandiose appendages at his sides. My golden ears swivel forward as I acknowledge the presence of the King. A gentle smile caresses his lips, pulling them upwards into a pleasing curve as his voice exits his ink-colored lips. He greets me in his usual fashion. "Well met, dear sister." the chords of his voice had an ever growing familiarity. I'd spoken quite often with the stallion (at least I figured I did), though in reality, there must have been many he spoke to on a regular basis. I was part of his court, this meant there was a certain demand that we spoke often. The words of a god should be known by many, not just one. This was and is the very reason I speak to many of my rank and conversation with the patron of the Hidden Falls. "Same to you, brother." I offered in return, caramel orbs lingering on him for a moment longer as I attempted to decipher what the Czar desired by being here and what he was feeling. Unfortunately, the king is not as offering of emotions as I would've enjoyed. He offers nothing besides his initial smile. Does something trouble my King?

The Golden asks if I mind his presence. I rock my head left and right, answering no. "I would be glad if you would pray with, or near, me." I state. My voice is thick with an accent unlike any other Helovians. It's unique to me, a distinctive feature I take pride in. I never knew if those around me could actually understand my voice or not, but I assumed they could, as they usually responded correctly. I rarely spoke my language, I hadn't found anyone that could speak it, but once I could find a brethren that knew my tongue it would be used more often. My gaze leaves Midas' features, and scans the surrounding areas. I wondered if the God of these lands would descend today, making himself known once more to the King and I. It had been an entire season since my last visit, and I figured that nothing new had happened, but perhaps the god would think I've been slacking on the job.

Midas' voice lulls me from my thoughts and worries. I look at him once more, searching for his eyes. He states the fact that there has been much trouble in Helovia, and I can not agree more wholeheartedly. "Indeed, there has. I can say though, I am quite glad, for I believe we've all been searching for an end to the reign of darkness. The more horses helping, the more chance of an end to this." I answer. Quite happy with my answer, one of my ears twist backwards, awaiting a response from the king, sultan, czar. Though he does not completely answer me, he responds. He asks if there is any new news. I think of everything has happened, from the first body to becoming a group known as the Devil's Harem (how did I get myself into that? No idea), to this last body. "I have formed a group. We're a rag-tag bunch, but we are still trying to end the murders. What is the most revolting? This last murder was a child, a filly. She had not even gotten the chance to live. She probably hadn't been graced with the chance of love, or maybe she hadn't even gotten promoted to a rank she's desired to hold her whole life. Though she had grown in beauty to her current age, she can never grow past her current size. It makes me quite angry." My ears flop backwards, flattening against my neck. The image of the dead body floated around in my head. I wanted this to stop. These murders, they have become far too outrageous. I sought desperately to end it all, but I also was tied here, tied to home. While everyone was out hunting for a murderer, there homes have been left unguarded, unprotected. This is why I have taken it upon myself to begin training. It would be a challenge to grow into a soldier that would actually make a difference, but I had to try. And try is what I'll do.

Now is when I wondered where my god was. I wouldn't implore him for the answers I doubt anyone has, but there where some things I wanted to know. Will the past repeat itself? Have we in some way caused this darkness? There where many questions, but far too little answers.
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

Gently the pool begins to swell and ripple as you might expect. You both have seen the God before - seen the way he can appear if he so chooses. Today however he appears simply, as he did the last time. He does not need to compose himself out of rocks and leaves for these two, for they already know him, know his nature. Grandness was a younger God's game, one that the Earth was beginning to feel out of sorts with. Too much lay heavy on his heart for him to care much of rituals or showmanship.

So, the God simply rose from the pool. His enormous bulk broke the surface, and while water droplets clung lovingly to him he did not actually appear wet. His bearded muzzle twitched slightly as he shook a few droplets from it, sending them cascading back into the surface. The God's warm gaze turned to Drom with intrigue. "Storyteller." He greeted, his voice rich, warm, and pleased. No matter how wrong the world became, he would always have time for those who dwelt within his lands. "Midas. His gaze shifted to the gallant with ease. It hadn't been long ago that he had seen the Gallant on the Island, but he was nonetheless pleased to see him once again.

"What is it that you would like from me Drom?"

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I'm grateful that Drom welcomes me and expectantly not surprised when her answer to my question was naught but more ill news. I'd heard from my Basin... acquaintance, that a child had been our latest slight against Helovia Yar, hearing that dreadful tiding twice only seemed to make the situation become evermore dire. The whole land was on a manhunt for that criminal, yet with each passing murder we moved no closer to his/her capture. Such negativity from these pondering successfully sobered my mood. Aye, they brought back foul memories of Cera and the beast of a man that very nearly pucked him from this world. Unreasonable malice.

There was one fixed connection to those who'd been slaughtered; all killings thus far had been outside the clans and in the wild. Most of the victims had met their end alone and absent aid. Perhaps the butcher was a loner, untied to home? There are many secret places that could offer temporary shelter. Aye, perhaps our quarry was hidden in such a place. Alas, further pondering and conversation would have to take place at a later time.

Noticeable ripples began to slide from the center of the pool. Our patron lord appeared and before he'd entirely taken shape my crown bent down in a revered manner. Only when he'd spoken my name did gilden eyes glide to his, but I unable hold my stare and am forced to look away, "Father," I whispered. There is a tightness in my throat, a flake of resentment born from grief; it screamed forsaken and pain. Where had my lord been when Seele met her doom and I'd pleaded with heaven to become a savior. The answer was already known and understood, but still I struggled to quell sorrow.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]