the Rift

[OPEN] bend your knee or snap your neck

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

always a villain
even when I'm not

My breath is caught in my throat as water caresses my hooves slowly. I don't panic however, merely wait as the cloud solidifies and forms a rock underneath my hooves. I rise slowly, watching as the land below me is taken farther and farther away from me. The slight breeze feels great as I take in the view of the place I now call home. I feel nothing as I look at the varied landscape, not even a scrap of pride or fear. I feel hollow, detached, as if I am a ghost. I feel dead. And that doesn't change as I am deposited onto a floating island. Magnificent waterfalls surround me and while I should have been dazed in awe, all I can think about is how that cloud was able to carry me. Perhaps it was the work of these mysterious gods I keep hearing about. The early dawn sun is glaring in my eyes as I scope out my surroundings. Nothing seems out of the ordinary to me. It was about as foreign as everything else to me so I did not have the grace to be uncomfortable. Perhaps I should have been for the land reeked of a multitude of other bodies. I did not feel lost or overwhelmed as I walk toward the cascading water. I feel numb. No nerves or doubt arose to spin within a pit in my stomach. Nothing. I was drowning in the emptiness and there was nothing I could do.

OOC| Open to everyone. While she is not racist she does acknowledge the fact that her herd does not accept other species and will not be very pleased at their arrival so it could be interesting. I am going to try my hand at playing her in first person, we'll see how it ends.

Coding © Henley

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel had taken to spending more time on this island in the hopes that the only family she had left would take notice and give her direction. The little girl laid down on the edge of the island, front, cloven hooves dangling off the side. What did she had to fear? She had wings, after all, and the island seemed pretty damned determined to keep everyone safely on it and not falling off the sides. A heavy sigh, no longer frosty with the season's change, punctuated her mood, and she frowned.

She supposed that it was time to face the facts already. Illynx and Riykn were not coming back. Her brother, the one who saved her, and even the oddly wise but very scary Illynx was missed. Why did they have to leave? Why couldn't they have just said goodbye? She wanted to know why so badly sometimes that it hurt. Was it because of her? Something she could change? Could she set someone on fire so that they could return? But, in the end, she just needed to get over it and move on.

After all, she was one-of-a-kind, but that also meant that she was alone.

Deciding that she had been moping for quite long enough, the fire child stood and kicked a few rocks with her hooves as she made her way back through the glossy fields and tumbling waterfalls. One such water structure roared, cascading through the rocks and into a small pool, and the child (though oddly lanky and adolescent now), stared at the strange who also seemed to be looking. Huh.

The strange was oddly colored, but then again, she had absolutely no right to speak. The once nubby horns on her own head had started to curl backward finally, and her stunted wings were growing in size, again, finally. While still small and compact, she was stretching like a weed. Aithniel sauntered over, looking up at the tall mare. "Hi," she said absently.

Also, this weird thing had started happening. Wherever she walked, little ash-flakes would fall from her wings and hair. The cloud of ash would get more dense as she moved a little fast. Was it because she was truly on fire inside? Odd. Just... odd.

@[Brisé]
I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

always a villain
even when I'm not

But perhaps I liked the way it felt to drown in the vast nothingness. I never fought it or tried to pull myself out of the numb abyss. I let myself sink into and don't move a muscle to change anything. So maybe I could do nothing about it because I didn't want to do anything about it. It was so much easier to control what I felt, to just let in the negative so I was the one destroying myself and not some lovesick fool. So no, I was not in any rush to pull my head out of my ass. Hell, I wasn't even considering changing the way I was, it would be far too late for a soul as far gone as my own. Pretty smiles and empty words were not my weapon as many feminine bodices used, I preferred fear and brutal honesty. They cut down so much deeper, don't you think? There was a lulling beauty to way I treated others if you looked at it close enough. I was always so rigid and distant like those memories you only glance over and will never truly recall. I was never welcoming or warm, hence never being fake or insincere. I was always showing my true self, a frozen phoenix risen from the ashes. But as always it was not appreciated and I was considered to have a superiority streak. I mean, I can understand why it could seem that why, but I don't. To feel superior would mean that I felt a strong positive emotion and it seems I was not capable of that. So I gave into the emptiness and so far it has been my best friend.

And my demeanor did not change even as an ashen young filly strode up and greeted me absentmindedly. As far as I was concerned I did not have a maternal bone in my body and I felt no pity or worry for the child. Though the clouds of ash ascending from her bodice was rather interesting. I took note of her wings but grew a bit confused as my eyes raked on the sight of the ebony nubs that would one day blossom into horns. A hybrid? Where was this child from? "Girl, where do you live?" My question was one that left no room for nonsense. I wanted a straight answer and I wanted it now.

OOC| This is going to be fun! @[Aithniel]

Coding © Henley

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Okay so that was interesting... Aithniel had approached this woman, who looked very pretty, and said hello, trying to be polite. After wandering through sky fields, that was what you were supposed to say right? The fire child had difficulty trying to reconcile her past with her present, lost in her own thoughts and struggling, in general, through life. She desperately wanted to please the God of the Sun with what he had tasked her to achieve. There were so many dead bodies laying all around.

But what does this woman do? She demands to know where so lives. Aithniel made a face and sighed. What did it matter really where she lived or came from? She was here now and the much taller one seemed rather intent on this answer. That worried Aithniel. Part of Aithniel wanted to rebel against the demands and tell her to eat shit and die. She was going through a phase where disobedience and being generally difficult were honorable. Such was growing up.

"I live in the Aurora Basin," she huffed, though what reason did she really have to live there anymore? Illynx was gone. Her brother was gone. She supposed Erebos was still there, but he had his friend Adelric now. Aithniel frowned. "Why?" she asked.

What reason did she have to know where she lived? Aithniel kicked another rock into the water with her hoof, watching as ash trickled down her body like apocalyptic snow. She was the daughter of the God of the Sun, and part of her flared at the ability she had now to gloat. Gone was the girl who cowered in the face of her own abandonment. Now, she had something to back up her... attitude.

((SO SORRY for the wait! please forgive me ;-;
@[Brisé]
))

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!