the Rift

Trust your heart if the seas catch fire

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
I was a blessed man, a delighted specimen made of the stars and heavenly light, an utter anomaly. But nothing short of fucking fantastical.

For months I’d wandered from one village to the next, sharing their drink and tasting their foreign delicacies (however they were presented) before moving onto the next town and the next opportunity to achieve greatness. I’d seen many things and talked to a great many people. Some were lowly thieves and others decadent aristocrats, but never did I settle for their riches or their niceties for I have never been one for such material things. My mind was and is a wandering thing that remains as restless as my affections for I am an unsettled creature, a vagrant too drunk on life to pass out in any one pair of arms. I seek knowledge and beauty and life in its rawest form. I’ve yet to encounter all three in unanimity and so I continue searching, reaching for the hearts of strangers, touching their souls and hoping to find relief… even if it never comes.

With experiences comes confidence and an everlasting longing for more, for everything to be accessible at the tip of my toes. I am ravenous for the truth of things and it is a hunger that I cannot escape even in the depths of night when my needs are limitless. It is that undying starvation that pushes me to tempt and pursue whoever might satisfy my demons.

When I finally reached Helovia, I was absolutely ecstatic. The rumors had yet been proven true, but as I gazed out into the open forest with knowing eyes, I couldn’t help but feel somehow satiated. If the tales I’d heard were indeed fact and not mere myth, I had a good feeling that this little slice of paradise would entail a more thorough investigation. It appeared much larger than most of my prior stops but a simple haul nonetheless. However, the dense wood that greeted me upon arrival was peculiar and vastly different from the many I’d encountered before. There was a plethora of intermingled scents, some male, some female, and some just highly questionable… how strange.

Without another creature in close vicinity, I took it upon myself to navigate through the greening underbrush alone. I’d never seen anything quite like it and while I was still endlessly curious, I was also mildly tense. I was but one lost soul amongst a sea of nameless ruffians. Without gatekeepers how did they expect to repel unwanted visitors? Or was it more likely they welcomed everything with open arms? In that case, I assumed I was the least of their worries… after all, who in their right mind would turn me away? One smile and a dip of the head was usually all it took before the innocents granted me permission into their homes. But I did wonder if such mediocrity applied here… Would it truly be that easy?

Whether it be male or female, most animals were quite captivated by my appearance and uninhibited charisma. I was born of two rather plain, traditional specimens that I called mother and father for a time before leaving. They were of no importance to me now considering they had been content to dwell in their rabbit hole for all of eternity… I had not been created to be subdued and I would be damned if ever someone tried. Pretty faces or intelligent beings as they were held no bearing on me; I was untamed and would remain as such.

With the path growing wider up ahead, I eased into a fluid gait while casting a dual-colored gaze towards the densely patterned forest. With one orange eye and the other blue, I’d been subject to speculation in previous civilizations but I did stand to wonder what would become of me here. I’d been gifted with night as a cloak and the feathering of a dove as my deception. I was certainly not an evil man but a man nonetheless… I required so very much in life and felt entitled to my expectations. Women were clearly a thing of significance to me, but I never intended to settle for just one. If such a woman were able to understand that then a bond of sorts could be considered, but in any other context they were refused.

Upon reaching a small clearing, I paused to rest after a long day’s journey. With a long midnight colored tail trailing behind, I felt quite out of place. The new spring colors seemed to clash against me making me long for nightfall and the ominous awaking of my soul. Now I assumed I had only to wait… for whatever might happen from here on out. "talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme | Image Credits

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
But rising on up and then tumbling down

A visit to the hold, the keep of new found souls, a place many new to the land journey to find themselves gifted with the presence of beloved kings and queens of the lands. Where they become the last of the meat hanging from a clean bone, dogs snapping and leaping to reach for that new, fresh flesh. And that is what she is becoming, a hound that would leap, beg and obey whomever she ran across. It was a tactic she had seen put to work before, however she was the skimpy flesh hanging from the bone rather than the desperate canine wanting a taste.

Weaving through the trees, she becomes a delicate faerie of the forest, steps light and fragile as she picks her way over the worn path. Spotted and patched her guide awaits a command, eyes like moons sweeping over the undergrowth with intent on finding prey to be hunted. With eyes laid upon a light figure, body angles gradually, movement graceful as a crystalline body approaches a unique figure of dawn and dusk. Through the trees she went, red light from the organ within her chest spilling out along the trees and grass, lighting her path. Trodding lightly within the view of the regal male, she cautiously makes her way forward to be revealed, her body beginning to tremble as the light is cast upon her through the canopy, longing to feel the warmth that one made of flesh and bone would feel upon their hides as they dance through the forest.

Curled ears flicker, wavering at the snap of a twig, broken by her guide as a sign he is watching over her, magic within humming gently in preparation for a wrong step from the opposing force. Eyes of lavender focus upon the man of day and night, intrigued by the guise he wore upon his muscled shoulders. "From where do you hail?" She inquires, words monotone, curiosity itching at the back of her mind as she sweeps her glassy eyes over the curvature of the intricate being before her. Never had she met a man with the skies in his rein, with the night wrapped around his muscular columns and the dawn blanketed over his spine. "A name, you keep?"

The Regem caeli was hated by her guide, who hissed as he swooped upon down upon her withers to rest, eyes unblinking as feathers ruffle, beak clinking and words written upon his tongue. Non est sibi credendum, claws click against smooth glass as her ears swivel as she finds discomfort in becoming the preying hound tenderly licking at the bone, awaiting the fresh taste of marrow upon her deprived tongue. This was a role she did not play best, her place was rather in the Edge, where she was behind walls of familiar faces, hidden from the foreign world outside where unfamiliar men linger.
"talk talk talk"

well it's part of the process
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image| Original code by Tamme,

Jorogumo Posts: 70
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 2 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Selkie

The Spider had little regard for her icy home, but, she knew better than to expose her apathy. She wasn’t a babe anymore and it was time she provided for her heart rather than take. Jorogumo would play the devoted spy for the sake of her king. There would be no better way than to slink about for potential fresh blood. She would gaze at strangers from afar but few were of her interest. If she were to spend her precious time it wouldn’t spent upon the worthless.

As she continued on she caught sight of a pair off in the distance. Her pale eyes narrowed slightly and she spent several moments deciding whether to move on. Already she had passed up several recruits so she knew it was time to speak with at least one of them. When she drew close enough she realized just how interesting this pair was. She also realized that she might’ve not been the first to arrive. That was of little concern to her, she was slowly coming to understand the use of charm.

“Greetings to you both,” Jorogumo said as she stepped into the clearing with a flick of her thick tail. “I am Jorogumo and I hail from the Aurora Basin. If either or both are new to this land may I say welcome to Helovia.” Her tone wasn’t precisely cordial but it was polite enough. Charm was one thing but kindness was a whole other game she wouldn’t even consider playing. “Who, might I ask, are you both?”

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)

Icon by Bronzehalo

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I was late, but that did not bother me. I was here looking for foreigners, possible recruits, and horses that need a healer or help in some way. This foreigner seemed healthy, happy, content. I halted in front if the stallion, my head cocking as I studied his appearance. I'd never seen a hide quite like his. His top was ivory, his bottom an ebony with a celestial pattern. I was nothing too special. I assume in some ways I was attractive, but I considered myself a regular horse, but I was content with this. My body was supple, with lean curves. My cranium dished just the right amount. I had all the proportions, but I missed the last touch, the unusual markings and unique appearance.

I turned my head to see my company. The black mare was simple like me, but she had ivory eyes that seemed cold. In all honesty, it sent chills down my spine. I'd not seen eyes like her... ever, and I was captivated by them. Though, there was one more horse here. I pulled my gaze away from the black mare, and looked at this last horse. She was glass, cold and hard (I assume). I wondered how she lived and seeing her heart pulsing inside a transparent chest, I grew nervous. What if she chipped herself? Would she bleed? If she falls, does she shatter? Returning my gaze to the star-hide stallion, I speak. "Hello, I am Dröm, a Hidden Falls Storyteller." my accent is Swedish, thick, and there is no hiding it-- not that I would want to. Despite a slightly hard to under accent, my voice is velvet, soft and beautiful. My chords are naturally sweet. This was the thing, I would never be fake, never lie, never deceive.

"Are you in need of assistance?" I inquired curiously. I would offer as much help and assistance as needed. If he had no strength, I would carry him. I do not know how well that worked out, but I would. If he was hungry I would help him forage for food. If he was an outcast and wanted a phone, I would help him find one, be it the Hidden Falls, or somewhere else. Still, I couldn't help but be captivated, entranced, and intrigued by his colors in particular. The glass mare was interesting, but I was more creeped out than interested, same with the black mare.
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Linds
Atlas
All around me, the earth seemed to shudder into life with birdsong echoing through the trees in various pitch. Somewhere off in the distance a small stream surged between foreign banks and at times, if I concentrated hard enough, I could hear its bubbling laughter above the soft breeze. Whatever this place was, or is?, reminded me of beauty, grandeur… and for once I was at ease. Leaves trembled overhead when the wind was strong enough to shake them from upon their limb and I turned dual-colored eyes above to watch them. A swallow with beady, black eyes appeared to notice me mid-primp and quickly ruffled into positon before squawking at me from her perch. I assumed she cared for a nest nearby and sought to distract me from her hungry, newborn chicks.

Right, because I intended to climb the trunk and eat them.

Impatiently, I waited until I had shifted enough to wear away the topsoil beneath my hooves. It muddied the midnight blue upon which I walked and when I looked down to survey the damage, I scowled with frustration. How long would it be before I was greeted? What dunce would I encounter? Or maybe I was just waiting in vain. Either way, I was quite certain that I would find entry to this mysterious chunk of sex. This place was absolutely fantastic.

When most of the day had slipped by without event or really much of anything, I was tempted to forgo this queer little waiting game until I was alerted to the scuffling of… hooves? Whatever it was sounded weightless or at the very least not of equine descent. As the sound drew closer I lifted a cobalt banner in what many would consider an unnecessary show of dominance. However, the creature that parted the trees was not in any way shape or form mortal. She was a glassy figurine with eyes of lavender and magic, not to mention I could see her fucking heart inside her chest. Her heart! Beating! I couldn’t decide whether or not to gasp or laugh at the sight of her… I was certain now, this place was fucking phantasmal.

The glass-girl asked me a quick series of questions and I tried my best to focus on what she said, but honestly, who the hell could concentrate around her? I was overcome with the need to touch her and see if she felt as smooth as she looked. I was on the verge of asking her just that when another black beast emerged from beyond. This mare was decidedly less interesting given the fact I was biased when it came to drafts. I couldn’t have my woman towering over me after all… those pairs were so often subject to speculation and ridicule. But she did have some curious eyes, solid white. I wondered if there was any real way of knowing just where she focused them.

I chuckled at the thought.

The dark girl prattled on about some Basin or other… and homes and blah, blah, blah- a broken record clearly. Of course everything each of them said seemed to appear rehearsed. Either they’d done this kind of thing more than once or I was obviously a bore… Of course I’d have to settle with the latter on that one. Before I could open my mouth to drool, spit, or even talk, another lady wandered into our growing numbers. She was a desert woman with bright, mischievous eyes -a weakness of mine- but just like the others she offered no real insight… just some “welcome” jargon that I couldn’t help but grimace about. Was it is like this with everyone? Did they flick their tongue over the same words every time some new creature wandered into their midst? Or maybe they were cursed by a fucking sorceress of monotony and gloom. Either way, I was still flattered by their attention.

I was male after all.

Three- well make that two (I was still uncertain about the third) beautiful women had come to greet me! I couldn’t be ashamed of that. The glass-girl was still something of a question in my mind though. She existed on some other plane, some other reality that ceased to make sense in this world. However, I did have to wonder if the mares were somehow connected with the great Goddess Diana. Maybe they were her forest nymphs and I their Gallatea. Had they been soiled by cupid’s arrow, intent on destroying their virginal vows to the forest’s huntress? Whatever the case, I assumed I could get used to their curious eyes and devout attention.

Ladies, I am Atlas of nowhere in particular. Not real sure of these places you come from but I’m more than interested in settling here, in… wherever the hell we are,” I gestured loosely. “I’m not in any real need of assistance, but I’m not man enough to turn away the help of beautiful women. Just tell me what I need to know,” I smiled at each in turn. Jorogumo, Dröm, and the glass-girl… what a welcoming committee. "talk talk talk"

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Ayelet Posts: 51
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: V
Lior :: Melanistic Barn Owl :: Curse dark
But rising on up and then tumbling down

Dual toned eyes of the Regem caeli befall her clear skin, glued to her shimmering bodice, searing into her as many do upon her arrival. His face is decorated with stars that dance across his features, flowing down and beneath his barrel, jugular caressed by midnight's lips. Dark blue hair flows gently over his hocks, wrapping around his hooves. Beneath a starry breast must be a beating heart just as her own, but it pumps blood and not just for the sake of beating to maintain her soul. He has blood flowing through his very veins, keeping him alive, and with a simple slash to the throat his life will fade. Her life will remain, her surface may break but she has no blood to be lost, meaning she is ever lasting.
No longer are they alone, a dark presence lurking within the bushes, a demon revealing herself with pale eyes and dark skin, a twisted crown between her brows. She is not petite and fragile but thickly built, her muscles rippling beneath her not yet fully developed frame. She is naught more than three at least, maybe brushing over the age of a year. Crystalline ears flicker as she speaks, her guide clicking his beak, timuerint alieni, he rasps, feathers ruffled at the sight of the dark stranger. The wicca speaks in the tongue native to the land, questioning their names, claiming she reins from the Basin, the frigid peaks to the North. Ut non dicam nomini tuo, the voice hisses, "Name is unimportant," her voice is monotone, face failing to find emotion as she drags her eyes to the mare.

In enters an older woman of chestnut, face and hooves blanketed in gentle snowy white colours, her body traditional, unique in its own simplicity. Seeking comfort in the gentle brush of silver fingertips that touched her soul, a thick binding between her guide and her keeping her company as he sings to her sweetly to soothe her. Face still blank as a stone slate, she flicks her ears forward with little intent on listening to the relator, tossing her head gently to the side to view Regem caeli, intent on only listening to him for he is the focus of her journey. Listening to his words, she answers without moving, her voice resonating from within than from the vocal cords that should settle within her body if it was of flesh than glass. "Given gifts from tree, received my Lior." She turns slightly to show off her light, understanding the circumstances he opens his wings, rising up to reveal dark wings, lunar eyes settling upon the guests before her, beak opening to reveal a threatening scream. Ears teeter, she smiles feeling pride swell within. "Do not know much of Helovia." She feels guilty for not knowing how to present the land to this man, only because she too is but a babe to this ancient land.
"talk talk talk"

well it's part of the process
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image| Original code by Tamme,

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm

the Raconteur

Once we had all spoken our part the stallion decides to refer to us in a way that makes me... angry. Ladies, he says as if he is the ringmaster and she is a mere dog jumping through hoops to please him. I am Atlas of nowhere in particular. Perhaps it was the mysterious feeling that crept up my spine that glued my hooves here, preventing me from leaving. I'm more than interested in settling here, in... Hebpaused for a moment, giving me just enough time to comprehend what he didn't know. wherever the hell we are. "I guess it is my time to chime in. You are in Helovia." I had indeed interrupted him, but I figured if he got made at me, it wouldn't matter. It seemed apparent this conversation needed a bit of... Flare. Would a tussle truly be so bad? "There are quite a lot of things you need to know" I smiled, lips uncovering ivory pearls. "The first thing you should know is simple. There is an evil here. I'm not sugar coating it when I say this evil has killed many. It would be safer in a herd, but if you wish you can live as an outcast." The thought of being alone in a time like this ushered dark thoughts (ones of murder and death) to her mind. "There are four herds. I live in the Hidden Falls, a lush land full of waterfalls and greenery. Then there is the Dragon's Throat. That land is a desert, though the horses are welcoming enough. After that, is the World's Edge. It's a land of mists and dense forest. Lastly, is the Aurora Basin." I glanced over to the dark mare, the one who had fallen silent. Would she explain her own home? I knew not much of the land of ice and snow.

I stretched my muzzle towards the stallion. My whiskered lips sought to touch his hide, around his shoulder point. I do not know what possessed me to reach out and touch his shoulder, but I wanted to. I wanted to feel his silky-looking fur. I wanted to know what the constellations fell like, but after a moment lingering near him, wondering if I touched him. Was he soft enough that I had and didn't notice? Was I too wrapped up in thought to feel my maw touch him? Was it only my hot breath that danced across his feature? I withdrew myself quickly, eyes dropping to the floor awkwardly. My cheeks grew hot, and I knew I was blushing. It was my fault. I put myself in strange and awkward situations. "Well, I should get going..." I stated as nonchalantly as possible. Could I pretend none of the happened? I stepped backwards and waited for a response from him. Would he be appalled? I wasn't sure if I truly cared or not. What was the chance I'd ever see him again? He seemed bored of the conversation. I had merely tried to make this meeting dance with excitement....

ooc: drom is going to leave next post unless he would like to go with her to the falls. :3 lol, way to make things awkward drom >.> also, it's been over 48 hours so I thought it'd be okay if I skipped Jorogumo.
"talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Linds
Atlas

My little glass-girl took a little kick with her drinks. I’d never seen something so fragile speak so ill of… anything really. But as soon the dark girl opened her trap, well glass-girl was quick to find it shut. I smiled at her, lopsided and goofy, my specialty. She did speak true though, names were somewhat unimportant to her as I’d yet to learn what she liked to be called. I mean, I’d call her whatever she liked… but that was beside the point. My little glass-girl… I would have to arrange a later meeting with her, alone time… just to admire that organ beating behind thick walls of crystalline. The Gods must’ve had a hand in her making. Something I would like to see undone, freed.

I smirked, clearly entertained by private thoughts alone. “What’s your name?"

However, glass-girl wasn’t privy to the secret moments shared inside my mind and instead bumbled on about some bird, Lobi or something. I wasn’t sure where she’d come from but she must’ve been foreign as well because everything she said seemed fragmented, torn. Yet, there was one thing I came to understand about her- she literally knew nothing. Next to nothing anyway… She even had the nerve to say it outright. What good was glass-girl to me without information, without knowledge?

The dark one had somehow found a way to hold her incessant tongue, which I found endearing, but the desert girl… now she knew what the hell was going on here. At last! Someone with some wit. Helovia- the dark one had mentioned it but the desert mare had only finalized it, sealed it and mailed it with a kiss. She possessed a certain confidence that made me chuckle- little devil was bright enough to catch on and consequently interrupt me. I laughed, hard.

If she wanted attention, why didn’t she just say so?

I turned to her then, dual-colored eyes full of her and her simple gleam. “Then please, delight me, excite me,” I interjected. I flashed her a toothy grin before settling back onto my haunches. However, I didn’t expect her introduction to Helovia to include evil… how fascinating. “And I suppose you want to take me home?” I questioned casually. I winked quickly to the desert girl before she could continue regaling me on the honest horrors of the place, but took a moment to glance back to the glass-girl. Was she getting this? Surely she could remember some of these lines for later recall. Perhaps then she wouldn’t have to admit to her lack of material with so much new information in hand.

Can’t take a man home without producing the goods my little glass-girl.

With my pretty desert woman moving on, I allowed her my undivided attention once again. She told of some Hidden land -falls, flakes, folds- I wasn’t sure. She proceeded to rush over a few other names, foreign places that held no bearing on my understanding, before falling quiet. But… not once did she offer me shelter. I would have said yes, if only for the night. But I guess if the offer isn’t on the table, I can’t take it now can I?

I took another moment to inspect my little glass-girl, you know, just to check on her. I didn’t want her to shatter or crack (at least no more than she already had.) But as I turned, there was touch of heat at my neck, a rising in my bloodstream that drew a soft sigh from my chest. Slowly, I came to face the desert girl with heavy eyes. I couldn’t fathom the reason for her desire to reach for me but I certainly wasn’t opposed. Whatever the lady needed, the lady got. I smiled, fixed her with a heady stare and chuckled. She had grown suddenly shy, clearly unaccustomed to a man such as I… but I’d not let her fall. “No need to run,” I smirked. “I don’t bite."talk talk talk"

▌ Pixel by DarkShadow