the Rift

sugarvodka&& [Rostislav]

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I am not exactly the epitome of power. Defeat, I've been defeated by many in battle, but my hopes don't dim. In fact, they brighten. The number of horses I've fought has been rising, thus the chance of my victory has been rising. After losing so many times, you're bound to win once, right? I laughed, each chortle a velvet sound that echoed over the silent meadow. I halted, my ivory legs slick with a coat of brown. The tips of my tresses also coated in mud. I felt the once moist clay hard on my stomach. Each time I moved, pieces of the dried sludge fell to the mucky ground. I trudged on, moving at a fluid saunter through the pastureland. Normally, I would drop my cranium to the strips of green and forage on their sucullant divinity, but I was determined to do something else today, something that would physically exert me, test my limits, and season my body. A whinnie is thrown into the air. It's a loud call, thus, many on the meadow should here. This wasn't a normal whinny, it was a call for an opponent. Slithering to a steadfast halt, I scan the area for a sign of a challenger. Before, I had called for a warrior. I had been in the Hidden Falls, thus I figured a Hidden Falls horse would come, but now... Well, anyone could come to challenge me.

The air was crisp, as if a storm had recently passed. I glanced upwards, noticing the sky was a dark grayish blue a little ways away. Judging by the puddles that had formed on the slick ground, I figured the storm had already passed through here and would continue to move away. I lifted my left foreleg and began pawing at the moist ground. Every time my hardened hoof hit the ground, droplets of brown muck were thrown into the air, and within a minute my chest, forelegs, and most of my shoulders were covered with the ooze. With the brown slick sort of matching my gold pelt, it seemed as if I didn't have my ivory legs, they were a defining thing for me. Now, if I knew my opponent, he or she would have to recognize me by my supple curves and lean build. Otherwise, they may think I'm just another rowdy, arrogant, mare. I was far from that, in fact I didn't think I could fight at all, this was part of the reason I sought to fight-- not to force my dominance on others, but to learn and grow.

I felt the sweat beginning ti bead on my flax coat, darkening my body a few shades. This wasn't because of nerves, but because of the adrenaline that began to pulse through my small body. My nostrils flared, my eyes grew wide with a new vigor. I smelt a pungent scent, from there... I knew who my opponent was.

ooc: @[Rostislav]
Setting: Thistle Meadow, Muddy, Slippery. The sun is out now, but if you had come five minutes earlier, you would've seen the torrential downpour. In the car distant, there are rumbles of thunder and grey skies, but we're fighting where it's blue skies. The storm I moving away from the fight, not towards. :3 the surrounding area is completely flat, no trees, no boulders. The river is far in the distant, not here. There are some puddles, but nothing we can't handle! :D
Attack: 0/3
Notes: You can start it if you want :3 ALSO, would it be possible for Rostislav to give Dröm IC advice? C: good luck! If possible, could we do quicker replies?
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

The whinny that comes to my ears is a familiar one. I've only met her once, but that sweet and tender voice is unmistakable: Dröm. The last time I saw her she was being drooled on by the ass named Panzram. They shooed me from their little cave (and did Gods know what after), but Dröm and I agreed to rendezvous later, whatever that means. We didn't, but now that I hear her voice, I wonder what sort of trouble we will get ourselves into. Of course I heard her just after waking from a peaceful nap. The cool air, pleasant after the recent rains, has left the atmosphere perfect for, well, whatever you want to do. I'm rested, and in the perfect mood to see what the pretty chestnut is up to.

I find her looking very different from the last time I saw her. Dark and sweaty (has she been doing cardio?), and it looks like someone has unkindly splashed mud all over her. I approach and stop a few yards away, cocking my head as I examine her. "Sounded like a battle cry, Comrade. Shall I dirty you up some more?" I give a deep chuckle, finding myself amusing. 'Shall I help?' Damaris asks me quietly. She's dogged my path for awhile, and comes up now to sit beside me. 'You may, but be careful. It was a close call with Bellona and I don't want you to get hurt.' She consents and jumps away, making sure that we don't start anything with her so close to heavy hooves.

I look back toward the muddied chestnut and, were my eyes not whited out, she might see mischief playing in my orbs. I don't wait for her response, taking advantage of being the initiator. I step forward and lunge, closing the short distance between us. I extend my neck and bare my stained teeth, attacking the lady straight on and aiming for her neck. She's my herd mate and a nice enough girl - I don't want to do her too much damage. But if she's not careful I might get a slice of her skin, and she'd better watch out for the spikes that decorate my face. Damaris yelps from the side, lunging at the mare but then backs away before making any sort of real attack. I clamp my teeth down, hoping to grab some neck skin, then retreat as quickly as my draft body allows, still facing Dröm. The mud below sucks at my hooves, making disgusting squelching sounds as I move in it. I have no doubt that I shall soon appear as muddy as she does, with our rough-housing kicking up the nasty from the ground. So far I haven't moved much distance to cause slippage, or so I think, but it presents a definite risk for the rest of the fight - for both of us. At least the rain is moving away!

I laugh a little as I retreat. "Just because you invite a spar does not mean that you'll get the first hit!" I take a deep breath then bark at her cheerfully: "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" As if I really know what I'm doing, as if I'm the big bad boss at spars. I'm one of the first you'd think of lacking in constant vigilance, and have been taken advantage of plenty of times. All these things being acknowledged, there is no reason she has to know that. There is no reason for her to know that I'm a fairly unsuccessful general, nope, none at all!

593 words
Attack 1/3
@[Dröm]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm

the Raconteur

It was my... friend? Rostislav. He had been kind enough when we had met, but I had the company of another horse and we had buisness to discuss. Merely buisness, nothing else. When we asked him to leave, he did so, but his offer to rendezvous had still hung in the air. Was this his attempt at meeting up again? It was outrageous to think one could get on my good side by sparring with me. I laughed inwardly, my outer exterior remaining stoic, seemingly cold. He stops a few yards away, perhaps a safety precaution. Oh, but silly Rostislav. I only bite a little. Suddenly, a smile crept it's way to my lips, curving them upwards. He greets me unusually, but not exactly in a way that seemed out of character. I wasn't exactly sure what he meant until my gaze dropped to my hooves and I truly saw the large amount of mud on my golden and ivory pelt. So today I would dance in mud and blood. What a glorious combination.

"Rostislav, Rostislav. Don't you realize not all mares are dirty in public?" That was extremely sexual. What is Birdsong doing to me?! I've been very needy recently and I've tragically thrown myself at a few stallions I've met. Not literally that is, but I've dabbled a bit in flirting with them. It was strange how my body seemed to change with the seasons. In winter, I would've scolded those that flaunted their lady bits, but now it was spring and I'm the one doing the flaunting. How outrageous.

I look up at him once more, surprised to him moving, and quickly. Who knew the stallion could move so quickly? I find myself glued in place. I'm the small fawn, and he is the huge ass thing that is barreling towards me. I can't think fast enough and I feel his teeth sink into the skin on my upper neck. The bite throbs immediately and I flinch, shutting my eyes and letting out a squeal. I feel his teeth penetrate my thin skin, creating the perfect bite mark on my neck. Only where his teeth made initial contact is there slight blood, nothing fatal. From there, all there is, is a patch of fur missing. The throb of the bite and the sting of hair follicles ripped from my dark skin is an interesting feeling. It doesn't exactly hurt, but the feeling stays in my thoughts for now.

Rostislav begins moving away from me, but the stallion is slower than I, due to his larger and heavier build. I try to race behind him, jaw wide open. I move as fast as my short legs will carry my supple form. With ivory pearls exposed, I try catching up to him and sink my teeth into the part of his back where spine turns into croup. My jaw shuts, clamping down on what I hope is his skin. My legs stop moving, hooves digging into the mud for extra traction as I slide to a halt, jaw still clamped. My goal was that he would keep moving, and I could tear a good chunk of skin off of the top of his rump.

Once I am standing solidly, and I am no longer slipping and sliding, I speak. I hadn't heard his previous words. I had been far too busy squealing then attacking. "I just want a little bite. Are you not going to give me a taste?" I chided, loudly, further jeering him. I giggled softly and took a few steps backwards, trying to make the distance between us further. He had been running the direction I faced, so by backing up I was hoping it would be an inevitable way to create a long distance between us. It was the stag's attack now, and I would laugh watching his sluggish form trying to move quickly towards me. I stood wondering, what card would the stallion pull to win this spar?

"talk talk talk"
OOC:
Attack: #1/3 :: gets bit, chases after him, tries to bite his ass, halts and waits.
Notes: so pumped for this >:D
Coding by Tamme
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

The words she throws at me are overtly sexual, vibrating in the air with tension. They're so blatant that they make me uncomfortable. I had thought Dröm to be a rather innocent mare, but the way she acts now leads me to believe otherwise, and I can't help but wonder if there was some big, neon, blinking sign that I might have missed that day in the cave. After my recent 'interaction' with Kiara, I find that my sexual needs have been sated, and I dismiss her comment as if I hadn't heard it. I enjoy a good lay, but I only like my ladies one at a time. Besides, the cognitive dissonance I get from Dröm's words with my mental image of her is completely throwing me off.

Well, not everything is thrown off. My teeth hit their mark, biting hard on her upper neck. Drops of her blood dress my lips, and as I retreat I spit out the bits of hair that my teeth have torn from her. I back up still facing her, and she charges me without fear. Does she not mind my teeth even though I just tore skin from her with them? I toss my head to the sky, thinking to rear and perhaps block her, but she's arrived too soon. Her teeth are bared just as mine had been, and she makes contact with my chest. Her teeth are sharp on my skin, and like a peeler on an orange she relieves me of a large strip of skin, at least a few inches long and an inch wide, before retreating from me. I wish perhaps that I had thought to turn tail after my attack and present my more meaty rump to her than my tender chest. As she backs away, I come down from my attempted rear and let out a shout of pain. The cool air burns on the open wound, and instantly I worry that the mud around us might get it infected.

I grimace as she taunts me, her words childish yet raunchy. I shoot an annoyed, patronizing look her way. She has gotten quite a taste and shall shut her mouth about it! Foolishly she stops and stares at me, and I think her quite stupid. "You wait for an attack?! Oh, ye simple-minded child!" I rise up again in a rear, but come straight back down on the ground, and though the mud again swallows my hooves, there's a thud that sounds rather.. unusual. It's the muffled stomp that precedes the use of my magic blessed upon me by the Earth God. I stare the muddied chestnut mare down, and around me bits of stone and earth rise up. Damaris dashes out of the way, behind me, knowing from previous experience what is coming next. A moment's hesitation, and I close my eyes with concentration. All the rock and soil that I have pulled from the ground flies toward Dröm. It will be up to her to try to avoid it. I take a second to catch my breath and try to ignore the burning sensation emanates from my chest. I look up to see what damage I've done to the poor lady and to see what her rebuttal might be.

Perhaps once I might have pitied using my magic against such an ingenuous-seeming lady of the Falls. Maybe I'd have felt that at the beginning of this spar. But from the moment she opened her mouth I've found myself looking at someone I don't recognize and I find I'm happy to knock her about and tell her that no you don't get to speak to your Legatus that way. Have a little respect and dignity, and stop trying to get into the pants of every stallion you meet!

Attack 2/3
@[Dröm]

:: [Magic: Earth | Can crack the ground with a stomp that allows him to lift dirt and rock and direct it at an opponent]
:: [Restrictions | Can only crack the ground once in battle, and the distance he can move the rocks is 10 m]

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
@[Official] past 3 weeks, default to Rostislav
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Drom defaults to Rostilav. Rostilav receives 0.5 VP