the Rift

throw my life away [earth god]

Histe Posts: 99
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Merikh :: Cougar :: Paralyze ali

Huinne was unnaturally quiet as the mare made her way up the slope toward the shrine again, but she wasn't complaining. Lately his constant blabbering and questioning of her motives was growing tiresome and increasingly annoying and often resulted in her snapping at him. As usual her mother and father were silent. They never really had much to say unless they were instructing her to attack and kill someone which, again, was something she wouldn't complain about. The thrill of the hunt was something that she thrived for, but she found herself wanting someone to share that thrill with and that was the very reason she made the ascent to the shrines again.

Histe stopped as the three came into view. The Moon Bitch was one God that Histe would never call on. She wanted nothing more than to kick her off of the edge and watch her plummet into the waters below. The Sun God, from what she had heard, was no longer answering requests. So that left only the Earth God for her to speak with. She would just have to be ... nice.

"Earth God, I request your presence." She gritted her teeth as she spoke, unused to being polite and asking rather than demanding something, but this was something she wanted so she would just have to suck it up and deal with it for just a little while.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

So much anger. The rage filled heart concerned the mighty earth god, and he furrowed his brows as he came into view, bubbling up from the ground in a watery form. His deep eyes turned green as the rest of his large figure solidified, and he stared curiously at the mare, wondering why she was so full of such needless hate.

"You bring much anger here..." he trailed in his deep baritone, observing the way she seemed to loathe upon the shrine of his nightly sister. "What is it you seek child?" he asked, his keen eyes watching her carefully, wondering what sort of desire would spew forth from this wretched anger.

Deceased

Histe bit her tongue to keep from telling the Earth God something that would get her thrown out of the Veins like she had before with the Moon Goddess. Her tail lashed at her hocks and she just looked up at the big brute as he spoke, calling her a child. Again, she forced herself to remain quiet and quell the rage that was growing in her chest so rapidly it almost hurt.

"Loneliness is troubling." She finally said to the God. "I am the last left of my family, my parents and brother are both dead." Her hooves scuffed against the rocky ground as she shifted her weight. "I would like the company of a cougar. One that is fully grown, preferably, as I am not..." The mare hesitated as she tried to find the right words. "Good.... with children."

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Ah, so she was the last of a broken line, trying to reconcile her loneliness with companionship. But the anger held was about the bubble over, and he calmed his figure even more, regarding her as an equal. Often, the only way to handled trouble children was to treat them as if they were perfectly normal. This method had sadly failed with his brother...

He smiled just a little. "A cougar is fierce and will perfectly match your heart," he complimented before going deep within his own thoughts. "You will find a tribe of cougars in the Throat that desperately need your help. Few of their young survived, and they are struggling to hunt prey." He said this was a serious tone, the suffering of his land troubling the great stallion. "Aide them. I shall give you the gift of speaking to them until you are able to bond with one. But be careful. Cougars are sharp witted and quick tempered. Anger them, and they will cast you out."

Deceased

"He is right, Histe. A cougar is perfect for you."

Histe remained silent even as her brother spoke to her for the first time. She listened to the god as he explained to her about a tribe of cougars in the Throat that needed help. It was very unlike her to offer any kind of aide to anyone, but to get the cougar she wanted she would aide them. She would just have to keep her temper in check as she did now with the Earth God.

"Thank. You." The words tasted bitter and felt vile on her tongue. Without another word spoken the mare turned and left the shrine to go in search of the cougar tribe.