the Rift

[PRIVATE] New Friends, Old Fears [Spice]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

"No."

There weren't many things that Apollo would say 'no' to when it came to Zola. She had her entire tail wrapped around his horn, figuratively speaking, and normally when it came to her little heart's desire or something that she wanted, the Merciful was powerless to deny her... But this. This was something else entirely.

The Endless Blue was a beautiful sight to behold upon Birdsong's arrival. The snow had left the land, and although the water and breeze still withheld a northern chill, the sight was beautiful. Seagulls flew overhead, calling to one another, dancing before the sun warming the sand located in the apex of the sky. The white granules of sand beneath their feet was warm, and for a rare occasion, Zola was upon the ground, walking at the overo's side. Normally the blind feline was nestled upon the stallion's ebonite back, but today, well... The salt water beckoned the feline's little nose, and she so desperately wanted to play in the churning waves of the ocean, but Apollo, well... He wasn't so sure.

Even though he had experienced a lot since coming to Helovia, encountered new faces, overcome many fears, his fear of water had remained... And now, standing upon the white granules of the Endless Blue beach, facing the churning waves that only promised his demise... Apollo didn't know how to react. Or what to say.

"Zola... I, er... I don't like water, and I don't like the idea of you venturing so close to the ocean on your own. Just... Stay here, aye?" The kitten heaved a great, big, exasperated breath at the stallion's display. Coward... But he had a point. A wave could sweep her into the deep, where she would drown, and so the eyeless kitten remained by the Merciful stallion's side, content to watch the waves through the eyes of her horned bond-mate.

@[Spice]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
S
P
I
C
E
Spice had just returned from the tree. Her white splattered chest heaved with a new exhaustion. She’d flown for a long time. Back to the sea she once found a twisted shell on. The beach of Rhoa’s eye. She was exited once the beautiful sight came into view, landing at the edge of the brush.
She’d had to land softer than usual, careful of the new trinket she wore on her neck. A vial of blood. It was purple, the glass surrounding it caught the light every so often, making her jerk back. The reflecting light was different, and she would have to get used to it. The girl was still thankful for the turtle gift, remembering the lighted tree, the little shelled creature sitting beneath.

She soon finds herself tripping over her own hooves to get to the sea again. Though it had hurt her injured back ankle, she pushed that away. She couldn’t care right now. She couldn’t when there was such a beautiful sight before her, she wanted to scream and yell to the world that she loved this place. And missed her mother with all her heart and… and…

Is there a guy talking to himself over there?

Her eyes wander to the dappled man. He was talking to himself. Or so that was what it seemed. The girl un-knowingly decided to head towards him. Why not? She was not scared of this stallion. Why would she be? No. She was not scared because he was talking to no one. She wanted to see who he was talking to. Heading over, she catches sight of a horn. As blue as the sea.
And Rhoa’s eyes…
She smiles, her eyes dancing with the light of the sky and ocean. When in earshot, she called out in a tallyho of joy, surprised to hear so much energy in her own voice.
“Hello!”
The girl had been tired after her flight; and though she did not realize the cat beside the larger figure, she was oddly exited to meet this stallion.
Image Credit @[Apollo]
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

'Hello!'

The sound of an unknown voice caused Apollo's head to snap to the side, honey-brown oculars widening in brief surprise as a winged young creature headed his direction. Who in the world...? Now, the stallion was incredibly good with remembering names with faces, but the alabaster Pegasus that sauntered towards him was unrecognizable. She was young; incredibly young, and hands shorter than him, and Apollo wondered why someone so young would be wandering Helovia alone and unsupervised... But then he remembered; this was Helovia.

"Greetings, Pale Sister!" Apollo nickered out as the winged child grew closer, "A good afternoon to you."

At his call, Zola's head jerked sideways as well, nose twitching and whiskers poised forward as she tried to place this creature who had so suddenly joined them. Apollo could feel the worry and concern through their delicate, precious bond, and knowing better than to leave his precious bond-mate upon the dangerous ground, the Merciful lowered his maw, grasped Zola by her scruff, and lifted her into the air to place her gently upon his withers.

Settling upon the overo's back, the black feline settled down upon his spine, warmed by his body, head turned towards the approaching mare and staring at her through narrowed, eyeless sockets. Although her own eyes, which never developed, could not be used to see the young Pegasus, Zola was beginning to 'see' through Apollo's very own eyes. It was a weird, yet intimate feeling, but something that Apollo wouldn't trade for the world.

"What a beautiful Birdsong day it is, don't you agree?" He asked, all previous fear of the churning ocean completely forgotten, "Ah, forgive my rude manners... I'm Apollo the Merciful, and this is Zola, my companion." A brief flare of concern flowed through Zola's veins, and in turn, the monochromatic stallion could feel it. Would this young stranger think strange of her for not having eyes? For being handicapped or defective? There was nothing wrong with her, not at all... And she could handle herself just fine, to an extent, and was no different than everyone else... Save her missing eyes.

Peace, my bundle of Earth, Apollo reassured mentally, twisting his neck to once more press his muzzle into the softness of the ebony feline's fur, She's a friend. Or so Apollo hoped.

@[Spice]

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
S
P
I
C
E
The day -it was wonderful-. The girl couldn't seem to call back the reason of her reluctance to talk to this man in the first place, he seemed nice. Though, she did not understand the word he used to describe her. Pale? Maybe he was referring to her fur? She decided not to make a big deal of it, because she wanted to have a nice and calm day. No need for misunderstandings and thinking when you can have a little fun! Be a little lose!

She tried on a wider smile for size as she approached. The spotted and horned man had picked something up and lifted it onto his back from the sand. It had settled it's self in in the curve of his back, though it's head still turned toward the girl. Hm. It did not have eyes so Spice had no idea what it could be.
Funny, how eyes make such a difference sometimes. Maybe a fariae? The girl suddenly kind of wanted it to be a fariae. Something interesting and new and...new. Realizing how much the girl liked new, she smiled even wider -if possible- and dipped her head to him as she comes to a halt in front of the two.

"Apollo, Zola, my name is Spice..of the Dragons Throat." The girl's emerald eyes blinked a few times at the thing on his back. So curious and yet...she wasn't allowed to think too hard today. It was a free day. Free days are when you would have to let yourself be loose and free and you are not allowed to think too hard.

Oh! She just loved these kind of days.

Though she planned for this to be a free day, her mind flashed about a thousand times a minute, it seemed. The way she would think of something, -like fariaes- for a moment, and free days the next...she was happy.
Content.
Something more than what she was before.

She woke up new each day like this, thinking of new things, remembering old stories her mother used to tell her. She woke up each day new. And she liked it that way.

Spice talks.
Sorry for the wait, my muse went out like a light for the past few weeks. So sorry! @[Apollo]
Image Credit
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ