the Rift

[OPEN] What does that thing do? [anyone!]

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child returns from the beach over a period of days, allowing his travel to proceed at a leisurely pace, taking his time in exploring his surroundings. A creeping vine- look at the way it climbs up that young sapling, the way it wraps tight, curling its tendrils around the branches, trying to squeeze the very life out of its host. Does the plant know that if it kills its host it will kill itself? Does it squeeze just tight enough to hold on, or does the plant it climbs grow stronger bark to prevent the assault of its parasite? Mysteries…

And then, as he tromps through the mud and closer to his mountainous home, he wonders what would happen if he stopped moving. Would the muck harden around him, hold him to the ground, freeze him where he stood, leaving him to starve to death in its moist clutches? Or would he be able to break free, to rock and sway until the dirt crumbled around him, climb up from its depths, and call himself a free man? Do all of his thoughts revolved around such macabre subjects?

Behind him, Tobias purposefully dances through the least damp areas of mud. He does not mind Adelric’s musings and thoughts, but he does not wish to be the subject of some dark experiment either. His careful steps make Adelric smile- one of the only things that actually does- as the pair finally reach the sentinels that mark the entrance to their home. Giving them a sidelong glance, the half-child starts to proceed past them and then suddenly stops. It’s not like he has anything important to do…

Meandering underneath the one that is closer to him, he begins to investigate, trying to whittle out any mysteries from within. How does it work, what sort of magic causes the cogs to twist and turn the way that they do? Who is the master of these creations, and what are these creatures really capable of? His brow furrows and his smile turns to a frown, his mind flying through thoughts, many of which he relays to Tobias for safekeeping. And so the curious pair are to be found, noses buried in the bellies of the great sentinels.

@[Ulrik]
i can't be your knight in shining armor
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

Blue eyes move around, watching as the land began to thaw ever so slightly. It was interesting to you young girl, having never experienced the slightly warmer breeze in the air. The grass is plentiful, and the smell is pleasing. The pretty young face lowers itself down picking at the sweet young grass of spring. The taste is a burst of flavor compared to the bland dry grasses she had been eating over the winter, and the girl admits that it is very pleasant. After all, she didn't really get to experience the fall that much either, having been born towards the end. All she had known was the bitter cold of late fall and winter.

Currently however, I begin to question my mothers sanity when she had gotten herself knocked up. In many was I would have rather been born in spring. I liked almost everything. Except the mud. Dainty hooves dance around the puddles, and especially muddy areas. When an accidental miss-step was taken and the small child's hooves sank deeply in mud the pretty young face scowled in a rather ugly way, and did her best the brush that leg against something to wipe the stinking brown goo from her feet.

This went on for sometime until the child came to the entrance to her birthland. A pretty face pops out and for a moment she thinks she is alone. But she is wrong and her eyes find a colt and his deer like companion. The colt is looks to be slightly older than her, and is fairly stocky. He is more draft like than her, but then again, her bloodlines where not very heavily built. He has a red barb color around his neck, and it reminds her of a filly's that she had seen at a herd meeting once. His coat is bay with roan until it reaches his rump, which then it fades to a pretty blanket marking. For sometime she studies him, and she isn't sure if he has noticed her yet or not. The filly clears her throat, and waits for a reaction.

"talk talk talk talk "

Tagged;; @[Adelric]
Words;; 351 words
Notes;; <3

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
Within the great beast, cogs and rotors sit idle, waiting for a time when they will be useful. For now they have no calling- he is welcome here past the borders. He has heard the beasts move to chase down intruders, or something of the sort, but he has not seen them in action. For a moment, he wonders if he could find some unsuspecting creature and drag them past the border, just to see what happens. The idea is… curious at best. He thinks he rather likes it and so he stores it away to be used later. Now to just find that unsuspecting soul…

Nevertheless, there are cogs and metal fragments to be studied and learned from. That is, until he hears the gentle sound of a female clearing her throat. In surprise, his head picks up just a little too fast and he bashes it against a piece of metal on its way out of the sentinel. Squealing in surprise, he shakes his head out a few times before turning his gaze sharply onto the girl.

It isn’t her fault, of course, that he has been surprised by her arrival; he had just been too lost in thought- in wonder and ideas- to take notice of his surroundings. For a moment he considers blaming her anyways, and in the end he decides it isn’t worth it. But then, if not to blame her… what is he to say? He does not long for company or conversation. He longs to solve mysteries, to categorize, to do science. Unless she is here to be an Igor to his Dr. Frankenstein, he has no need of her.

Nevertheless, the musings of his sister ring in his ear faintly, a reminder that he must not arouse suspicion. He is to fit in, as she has asked of him. They do not belong here, after all- twisted and half-blooded as they are. His rough voice croaks from his throat uneasily, as though he has not used it for some time. “Who made these?” he asks. It is not the most perfect social interaction he has ever conjured, but it must be enough for now.

@[Glacia]- AHH!! I’m so sorry! I was waiting to see if Tamme would be able to post Ulrik here too.
i can't be your knight in shining armor
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post