the Rift

[OPEN] Nightmares as Deep as the Sea

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan laid in the sand with his emerald eyes closed gently. His sides rose and fell in the slow rhythmic fashion of sleep. He had been alone on the shore since his meeting with the filly. The sea was his companion; it was she who sang him a lilting lullaby and it was her cool touch that would wake him from his slumber. But for now the stallion slept on.

Sprawled flat out across the sand his legs would begin to twitch slightly and his nostrils would flare as if he were running. In his nightmare he was.

Caenan as a foal was on the beach with his dam and sire. Excitedly he spoke animatedly about his latest adventure. In his sleep Caenan's lips twitched into a smile. Most of the tale seemed to be highly exaggerated. His stories went on and on as his parents murmured their responses in strangely disconnected voices. The smile slipped from his expression and now his brow knitted in confusion. He wasn't comfortable. Something wasn't right. Bewildered at their responses the colt turned to see a massive wave mounting behind the trio. The water reached to the height of several aged pines before bearing down upon the three gathered on the sea shore. Caenan's legs began to move as quickly as they could but he kept on stumbling. A few times he fell. As he ran he aged; moving from a colt to a young stallion. As a stallion he was muscular and strong and he covered the ground with tremendous strides but then he fell. As he fell he aged again he was an elder. His bones could no longer lift him and he lay helpless as the wave descended upon the wizened Caenan calling out for his parents. A light sheen of sweat had began to cover his body before his eyes flashed open and his mouth parted to let out a gasp. Caenan's eyes roved about as he took in his surroundings. He drank in the reality of the moment.

"Does the ideal of loyalty mean a thing to ya?" Rolling onto his side Caenan shook his head, "Not an inkling, huh?" A grunt fled from his lips as he stood and shook most of the sand from his hide.

"Time for some time apart I s'pose." The sun glinted brightly on the incoming waves. Each wave fell back a little further than the last as the tide receded. Quietly Caenan watched his beloved ocean before turning to leave.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm

the Raconteur

When he began moving away from the ocean, he was alone. However, as he glanced backwards to what he was leaving, I appeared before him. He would look ahead and see me standing there, hopefully. It seemed as if I had moved at the speed of light. One moment I was far, and with a quick blink of lids, I was there. The stallion standing before me, he is coated with sweat. Had he been training? He seemed about half my age. Two and a half years old was a rather swell time to begin training. I thought of him wise to be making such smart decisions. I took in his scent. He smelled only of salt. How long had he been here? I halted directly in front of him, hoping to effectively block his path and hold a conversation. "Hello. I'm Dröm, Hidden Falls Storyteller. What fuels your leave from the beach?" I asked curiously. He wasn't with company. I had always stayed in one place until I met a horse, then I would move on. Was he unlike me? Would he come and go as he pleased, not caring if he made new friends or not?

I had many friends, but only about two best friends. It was unfortunate I only had two close friends to share secrets with. I would love to have more close friends, but as surprising as it seems, my walls go up when horses try to get close to me. It's quite a feat that I even have any close friends. Birdsong has made me bold, unafraid. I've grown twice as friendly, twice as rambunctious. Where all mares affected like I was? I wasn't sure why, but I was especially... friendly around stallions. Seeing all the lovebirds and their foals. I too, wanted a slice of that for me. Wouldn't a family be grand? However, I always got my plans stopped by one mildy insignificant detail. I didn't have a stallion. It wouldn't be hard to find one, but I wanted a family created by love, not lust. I wanted my children to be shown what love is, and that they are better than temptation. Was I better than temptation? I was not sure of this.

ooc: hope you don't mind drom! I couldn't resist crashing this thread >.> @[Caenan]
"talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

"Storyteller, she doesn't want me here at the moment." Caenan pulled the expression of one deeply injured before slipping into a grin. "The sea is a finicky one. At one moment she is pulling you closer to 'er the next she is shovin' you away." A crooked grin flashed across his face, "Dröm, I'm 'fraid that is just me beating 'round the bush rather than just fessin' up to having a nightmare about the ocean."

"I am Caenan and although she pushes me away from time to time I am of the Sea." Ah, yes. It was the salty ocean breeze that fed breath into his lungs and the pounding of the waves that gave his heart rhythm.

"What fuels your visit to the shore?" He was still scruffy from sleep and was working towards setting his thoughts back into order."Original, I know, give me a moment or two and I will be brimming with wit and charm. First I have to get fully woken up." Caenan took a few strides away from the mare before violently shaking himself to try to throw off the remaining sand from his coat.

"Although I must say," Here he choked on his words a bit, from the mist of sand he had cast around himself and out of a sudden shyness. "Wakin' up to a pretty face like yours does help." The smile on his face started off awkward before growing into an earnest one. He had shed out of most of his colthood shyness, but he still hadn't fully allowed himself to be bathed in confidence. Caenan doubted that he would ever possess the unwavering confidence that some stallions had. Despite his age there was still a part of him that remained coltish. He hoped that it at least added some charm.

@[Dröm] No sweat! I adore her, she is free to drop in on Rei or Caenan threads anytime! Sorry about the wait. The holidays ate me, but I am back in full force now.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]