the Rift

Fear nothing but nothingness

Mhysa Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: ztaxe9.jpg]

A light breeze lifted her grey, silky mane and two tone grey and white tail. Her sweet, brown eyes drifted across the scenery as she walked, slowly, but not aimlessly. A sweet scent of honey moseyed about the air and the sun colored everything golden. Dust particles in the air shone like millions of tiny golden stars on their journey to the earth. They swirled as she walked through them. Birds chirped and sang sweet melodies. Her hooves barely stirred the grass as she walked softly through the forest, humming to herself softly.

She didn't know much about claiming but it didn't scare her. Nothing really did, she was just built that way, mentally. She was sensible, a realist with nothing to lose but the sense not to take risks. She was a motherly soul, but hadn't, as yet, been a mother. She was waiting for someone as sensible and level-headed as herself. No drama-obsessed airheads. Of course these level-headed, quiet folk were hard to find. But she kept looking. It wasn't that she didn't like anyone, she loved even the silliest of beings, but she didn't want to be stuck with one for life. She didn't mind being around them, she just didn't want a brain-zero for her love.

She stopped, smelling the air, and a doe and fawn stepped out in front of her. She stood still and a smile arose on her features. The fawn and doe looked at her for a couple of seconds and then turned and walked on, off into the golden, glowing forest and disappeared. The sun shone down pleasantly and turned her coat from light grey to faint gold. Light seemed to bounce off everything in a mellow light show. The smells of other equines were faint, but still present. She wondered who would want her on their side, and why? She would go with just about anyone really, go quiet and avoid trouble.

OOC} First post, eep!

WORDS} 322

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Find a way to believe in fate

Joy overpowered her senses and her heart leapt with an emotion that couldn't be named: her dream had been reached through her hardships and sacrifices to the herd. At last, Sikeax was able to bare the title of Sun Physican with the utmost pride. Going to the threshold had been her way of relieving excitement and calming wild nerves when there was usefulness to be made, or she would of been discovered beneath her tree back along the shore, sleeping the hours away. Her passive personality may even have to be tamed at the promotion.
The forest itself holds no unique scent of it's own, instead it takes everything that everyone who dare enter has and creates a stench that is unbareable with the reek of Aurora Basin(for her nostrils, that was) and whatever anyone had choosen to roll in before arriving. Ornaments of hair, mostly mottling coats that hung like rags and pelts from brushes and trees, littered the place. The Dragon's Throat was forever doomed with the collection of lost feathers across the sands, but the wind had a way of taking what didn't have a firm grasp. Here, the wind didn't tear away the lost pieces of nobodies due to wind barriers stated by the trees, and it became more of a shrine of those who were lost at sea, more of lost at Helovia.
Creeping gold lights wages a war with the blue glow of her horn, sparkling particles that could of been dust or insects flutter about the air before her as she exhales, forcing them to explode into violent acrobatics.
The animals are almost nonexistant in the Threshold, possibly run off by the constant noise destruction of peace by the equines, so that when the doe and lovely fawn catch the eye of the champagne, she watches in silence, bathing in the moment until they find something better to look at. When her eyes shift placement, she is greeted by an unknown equine, breathing relief into her bones. The distance of time since she had last seen an equine that was not of her herd was long, and she was slowly coming upon the belief that the racists had torn their species away. But there stood on in a beautiful display of dapples and soft, chocolates hues with enough simplicity of beauty that had become so rare, immediately drawing a thin smile almost foreign to her features. She missed Africa, and while she had seen the single winged Pegasus at the tree, Amara was more important and she hadn't taken up time to speak. Her heart sinks at the sight of dapples, heavy with one too many burdens.
The Threshold had always succeeded in finding a way to kill off her joy and leaping step.
"Hello, ma'am. I'm Sikeax of the Dragon's Throat. May I ask you of your name and answer any questions?"
Uneasy feelings coil in her stomach at giving out her name and place of home when she'd rather not, but that was not threshold etiquette. They had to know, they longed to know everything they could about you and where you came from, the lands, the folklore that a Diviner could be better at than her, and the dangers. It was an invasion of privacy by a stranger who may not even choose to follow you home, but with every passage into the train station of nomads, Sikeax grew more thick shelled with the act.

OOC: Welcome to Helovia! Be sure to fill out your profile in the key points such as appearance, personality, history and lineage before getting too far.
Would you like me to tag you?

Image Credits
Table by Imi <3

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I moved with a delicate grace. I needed to get used to going south, north, east, west, and every mixed direction. I could not allow myself to get lost again. I just… I couldn't. So, I went with the first direction that I knew would take me to a place that I did recognize. I would come upon the threshold, so long as I followed the wall of vibrations.

Alas, the first thing that I came upon was not the wall of vibrations. No, it was a doe and a fawn, walking across my path. At least it was delicate life, not a danger to which I would need to fight. Calm body moved forward, closer and closer to that wall that gave me a headache but allowed me to know where I was. It was a great thing, even if it caused me a little bit of pain.

Still, I came across even more than the doe and fawn. I came across two other mares. One of which smelled of sand and seemed to have a horn. Her words flitting across my ears so that I could keep her name in my mind before I pulled myself into what I assumed was clear view of the entire group. "Rasta, of the Falls." I said before bowing my head to the two of them. "Let me know if I can be of any assistance to either of you…" I finished, before allowing my blind gaze to slowly shift between the two creatures before me.
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Unregistered
The soft evening pleasantly moved on to gentle twilight. As the fawn and doe move on another animal catches Mhysa's eye. A horse. A pretty horse with a blue horn and blue in her tail. Mhysa had heard of horses like this being found in this land, although she had never quite fully believed it. Awed by the beauty and uniqueness she stared for a moment before solemnly saying "Please forgive my staring, but I have never seen a horse with a horn. I am Mhysa, of nowhere in particular. Just one question. Where am I, exactly?"

It was true, although she knew she was heading in the direction of a new land that she had heard tales about, she actually didn't know what it was called. She turned her head as she heard a noise. A pale horse approached them and offered her name. Rasta of the falls, offering assistance.
"Hello, Rasta, I am Mhysa. I am fine at the moment, but it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Mhysa smiled graciously. She wondered which of these places, the Throat or the Falls, was more pleasant, although she supposed she would go with Sikeax, to the throat, as it was only fair. After all, Sikeax had been the first to greet her. The evening star twinkled in the pink and orange sky. More began to appear around it, twinkling faintly, but growing bolder by the minute. All these new things were a lot to take in for Mhysa, but she did fairly well. So now she was in a land where horses had horns and blue hair. She exhaled slowly. It was weird, but she was sure she'd get used to it.

OOC
Thank you, and yes I would like to be tagged :)

It was different, the feel of this land. I was still memorizing this forest - the awkward holes and the randomly strewn rocks. I would know this place well enough soon, but I wasn't completely sure on when soon enough would happen.

I shifted my weight, taking in the last few words that the slightly taller mare said before announcing myself and listening to her introduction - giving me the name which I hadn't caught beforehand. A gentle smile was given as I awaited the unicorn mare's answer. But, when she didn't I allowed myself to speak up, to try and answer the question that had seem to hung in the air for the few moments of silence.

"The pleasure is mine," I said, pausing for only a moment before speaking once more, "And you are in Helovia. There are four main herds - to the North is the Hidden Falls, where I am from - a protected valley with waterfalls and rivers spread across it. If you go even farther north then you will hit the Aurora Basin, which I do not know too much about. To the south is the Dragon's Throat, a large desert with a huge oasis, and to the west is the World's Edge, a forest shrouded in mists. And, all around these are plenty of beautiful wilds."

Hopefully that would give her some explanations of where she was. Though, if she was still confused I supposed I could try a different way of explaining all of this.

ooc: I skipped Sikeax since it had been 5 days and I didn't want to keep you trapped in here; hope you don't mind <3
Rasta
Image Credit

Unregistered
When the unicorn didn't answer Mhysa turned her attention tentatively toward the pretty pale mare, Rasta. Rasta explained everything in perfect detail and Mhysa breathed a sigh of relief, finally knowing where she was and how the land worked. "I do love the sound of this place." Mhysa said, trying not to sound as enamored as she was with the idea of finding a new home. She smiled "Thank you Rasta, it makes more sense now. And are all the herds at peace?" That was an important factor to take into consideration. The night sky flaunted an array of soft reds, pinks and purples. The moon hung in the sky, crescent and yellow, watching the world peacefully as its inhabitants began to think about sleeping. “So this is the time I have to decide where to go to?” she pondered aloud. She supposed everywhere sounded nice, but she had no idea where any of it was. Maybe it would be safer just to go home with Rasta, if Sikeax wouldn’t take her? All these thoughts swam around in her head as she stood, staring into space. The warm breeze turned pleasantly cool and smelled a little like water. Maybe it would rain tomorrow, or maybe there was a river nearby. Rasta’s eyes glinted, pearly in the dancing moonlight. Now Mhysa realized she was blind. She admired the amount of courage and skill it would require for Rasta to make the journey out here.

There was a sigh after I had explained each of the herd lands. She said that she loved the sound of the place, before thanking me and saying that it made more sense. A gentle smile graced my lips as I offered a quiet nod. It was quiet, simple, peaceful. That I was glad for. There had been too much going on as of late to cause the world to hit a state of disunion.

When asked if the herds were at peace, though, I racked my brain. "I… believe so? Though I've never gotten too far to delve into herd politics so the little that I know if what I've heard from the wind," I explain, shifting my weight ever so slightly and took in the night air as the other mare took her time. Still, the unicorn did not speak. Strange, really, but I supposed I didn't completely mind.

There was another question, if it was time for her to choose a herdland. "You do not have to choose now. You can become an outcast and search around, inspect the other lands. Alas, it is generally safer for one to have the protection of a herdland…" I said, taking a breath and offering a gentle smile, "The Falls would gladly bring you in, should you decide to come with me."

No pressure, of course. I would not force someone to go where they did not wish - but with the murders that had been happening, I still felt that it was better to join a herd and have the extra protection.
Rasta
Image Credit

@[Mhysa]

Unregistered
Rasta smiled gently and nodded. Mhysa's confusion was dissipated and she began to consider each of the herds. The waterfall certainly did sound like her best bet, as she had no idea how to get to any of the other places.
"I hope so. Honestly I've had enough of fighting and running away. You've no idea how much I need a good, steady place." she said it wearily and it was true. She was tired of moving around. She thought it over for a moment. A honey smelling breeze blew in, carrying pretty flower petals on it. A nightjar sang in the distance. She turned back to Rasta and said "I think may go with you. I don't where any of the other places are, and the Falls sound lovely." She smiled softly and listened to the nightjar.
She had promised her family that she would think of her own wants and needs but really all she wanted and needed was to be able to take care of someone, or something. She was settling down now so she could have a family, not so she could just live out her days and do whatever she wanted and have fun. She yearned to have someone to care for. Of course she didn't let anyone know how much she wanted it because she felt it was silly, but that didn't stop her wanting it all the same.
"Having the protection of a herd would be nice. And I would love to be part of a family again. The Falls it is." she decided and made ready to leave.

Weary voices left the mare before me (who, in relation to my thousands of years was young, but really appeared to be older than my physical form… the form that was aging). She spoke of fighting, running, and being tired. How she wanted someplace good and steady to stay in. Yes, I could understand that completely. And, after a few moments of silence, the young mare says that she thinks she will go back with me.

I was glad, for the time being, that I had accomplished gathering another member. But, I did not allow for it to linger just on that. Why? Because I was also helping someone else grow in the process. And, when she was sure that she was going to leave I gave a gentle nod. "It isn't too far, but we will take it at whatever pace you'd like. Just let me know if you need me to slow down," I explained before starting off to the north - keeping the wall of vibrations that no one else could see or feel to my right before starting the trek back up to the herdlands.

All the while my mind wandered as I attempted to figure out what place she might take in our herd. Perhaps a healer, or a storyteller? Maybe even a spy if she was willing to gain as much information as possible. There were so many possibilities, and I suppose that only time could really tell where she would fit into our growing family.

I'll start a joining thread in the Falls and tag you so you can be accepted ;3
Rasta
Image Credit