the Rift

Dead in the Water

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor the Gentle Heart

I’d seen so much over the years and paid my dues… But I hadn’t really been given the chance to live. I’d loved a compassionate woman and she’d passed, but I was yet ready to love again. There was only thing I had left to do- regain my daughter’s confidence and again find her trust. Like most things in my life as of late, I was quite burdened by the image of Essetia. I imagined her a beautiful, young woman now…I had no doubts that she would make my old heart proud. If she was anything like her mother, she would be a kind and selfless creature, one best made to forge her own path.

I hoped that I too could decide my own fate.

The past few months had been a number of different things: painful, joyous, frustrating, and enlightening. But I wanted to pick up where I’d left of and I’d been allowed no such mercy until now.

It was true, I was now a mere shell of my former self. But I’d come to see it remedied. The Edge had given me so much throughout my life that I lacked proper gratitude for her mercy. It was with that in mind that I ventured, for the second time, to the Veins of the Gods. The first time I’d laid eyes on the sacred monuments had been when I was but five years old. I’d been a foolish, young lad hoping for greatness. However, I’d learned that success was not something given because one desired it… It was awarded through the endless trials of life- ones I now claimed to have suffered.

I had come seeking the Earth God, the only ethereal being to shower me with his grace and accept me beneath his wing. It had been so long ago that he’d allowed me favor in my journey to help Tamira, but as I reminisced -basking in the perfect light of his compassion- I was almost convinced it had been only days ago.

Would he show me similar courtesy after all these years?

With the land bridge stretched out before me, I attempted to soothe my racing heart and trembling bones. After all, it was not every day that one sought to call upon their Gods.

Tentatively, I moved forward across the bridge, captivated by the roiling azure magma just beneath my feet. I couldn’t bring myself to question the power of the Gods, but I couldn’t help the mild fear that bloomed across the lengths of my aging soul. The pendant I’d received from the almighty Turtle hung loosely about my neck, but would the Earth God guess why I’d come? Would he understand that I was yet able to serve my family, a warrior? They now called me their Specter but I knew the risks of such entitlement, knew of the craving I’d acquired for the heat of battle.

I’d come to see the pendant blessed by the might of the Earth. I’d come to engage in my final stand.

Before me, the shrine split by blackened years and dotted with luminous blue, waited ominously. I bowed before it, eyes closed as I sighed softly, “My Grace, I come seeking your guidance- your help.

Would he find noble soldier before him or a mere ghost of what once was…?

Go on, save yourself

OOC| Using his VotG Pass in order to have his pendant blessed with the ability to create a protective force field large enough to protect Thor and one other.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

[Next time can you please use the RE prefix? You don't need to tag :) ]

This place ... it held so many memories and heartaches. The quests that had fallen short here, lives lost and hearts broken. Gifts were given and blessings bestowed and yet ... yet for all that had passed here, it simply seemed empty. The God was almost saddened to be called her, to be forced to relieve the reasons why they had destroyed the Veins in the first place, especially amidst all of the murders currently occurring.

Still, the God would come.

Rocks melded away, creating a pit that ... wasn't quite. Where spaces began to crumble between the great stone slabs, a body immediately began to inhabit them. Great rustic shoulders pressed outwards, as enormous and feathered wings spread over the degrading granite. A horned skull formed, chiseled and strong. The bearded muzzle twitched slightly, causing rock dust to fall towards his great hooves.

There were perhaps few who could make Thor appear small, but the God was certainly one.

However the God's normally paternal gaze shifted to one of concern almost immediately. "Your wings. What has happened to them?" He inquired, the worry in his voice obvious. Was this another ... another sacrifice? He had known that his brother, in the past, had gifted wings to those who had killed for them. Was that what had happened to the stallion? Had his wings been torn from his body so that they might give flight to another?

Thor the Gentle Heart

The ground splintered just before me and the world seemed to quake in welcome. I stepped back in order to accommodate whatever might heave itself from the underworld, but I was not strained by the ropes of fear. Instead, a soft light gleamed from within and I stared on in utter awe.

It still amazed me to witness the might of the Gods. I hadn’t expected him to come and the strange euphoria that accompanied him made me smile in greeting. However, the great God of the Earth did not look as pleased to see me as I him. His deep, brown eyes were severe and I did have to question if I’d done something to offend him… aside from abandoning Helovia for a time.

How past deeds could weigh so heavily on the mind…

However, my Grace did not mention shame or wrongdoings on my behalf. Instead, only questions hiding mild concern were proffered from his noble lips. My wings… Of course they would not go unnoticed by the earth’s creator himself. But they were yet a sensitive subject that I longed to avoid, even in the presence of an immortal. “They were taken… by an infection procured in the Frostbreath Steppe your Grace,” I offered humbly. I wasn’t sure if he sought the full story or not but I feared that the reliving of such an event would only make me weak before him.

I did not want to spoil my chances of his favor in the loss of my strength… over something I could not explain.

I did allow him a moment for further question though, because I’d heard of woeful tales concerning the wrath of the Gods. I’d witnessed the kindness of the Earth’s almighty King but I did not want to awaken the certain punishment that would come of insolence on my part. “Thank you for seeing my calls answered. I come again to you in hopes of asking your favor. You have supplied me so generously in the past and I wish to honor you with my gratitude… But I also seek your help in obtaining an item,” I softened, hopeful.

When last we met you allowed me the power to heal someone I loved. I come to you now hoping that you will also allow me the power to protect them. The Great and Giving Turtle visited the island with gifts and I received this pendant,” I stated gratefully while gesturing down to the burgundy stone resting easily at my chest. “I wanted to see it blessed with your might- a force field large enough to protect myself and one other,” I continued bravely. “I would accept whatever terms you deem fit for such an item my Grace…

Go on, save yourself

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God could hear the pain and uncertainty in Thor's voice. Was it of the Wraiths that he spoke? The God knew that a few of the infectious creatures lingered, or at least they had. His healing waters in the caves could not resonate to every corner of the world to which some of them fled. Sighing, the God nodded. He accepted Thor's obvious attempts to shift the conversation away from the subject of his wings. Perhaps one day the two would speak again on the matter. The Gentleheart wouldn't be the first to ask to have appendages healed or even replaced.

Gently and with great attention the God listened to the rest of what Thor had to say. He remembered well leading Thor into the crystalline caves of the mind of the troubled mare whom the Gentleheart once loved. The giant had done well that day, so it did not surprise the God that Thor had returned to ask for a similar sort of gift. Both involved aiding others and yet ... was Thor's own flesh not large enough to shield most? Chuckling to himself at the thought, the God lowered his brow to inspect the pendant, given to him by the Turtle.

Ahhh.

"This will do nicely. In order to receive the blessing upon this pendant you must show me that you understand what it means to protect. Find danger and confront it head on, three different times. The danger must be different each time. Once this is completed, bring to me a stone from the Heart Caves. Then you shall have your magic."

The danger must be different each time; examples might be, something that personally scares Thor, Thor trying to protect someone else, Thor sparring, etc.

Thor the Gentle Heart

Since receiving the pendant from the generous Turtle, I had worn it like a crown made of gold. Despite the fact that it was nothing more than a decorative accessory at the moment, I displayed it for my Grace with honor. One day it would allow me the same protection as those who wore bulky armor in the arena… However, I hoped that it would not weight me down like the metal that had clung to Thranduil’s body during our fight.

When he stepped closer in order to inspect the pendent and the chord upon which it hung, I smiled. I was a man who appreciated the small things in life… Certainly there was no shame in that? “I’m not much now my Grace, but I promise to work towards greatness once more. I will see my honor restored one good deed at a time… You are not my patron God, but I believe in your power and strength all the same. I will find a way to repay you for your kindness and generosity,” I stated evenly and seriously.

After he related the terms to enchanting such an item, I nodded solemnly. He wanted me to face my fears… but it was not the shadow of night or a ghoulish monster I feared. It was my past that I feared the most. How was I supposed to face my demons so soon after returning? What demons truly needed facing? Somehow I knew that he’d seen me struggling with the idea of finding my daughter and perhaps it was the perfect place to start…

But was I ready?

I will do my best my Grace. Thank you,” I murmured softly while bowing before him. I had a long road ahead, but I was more than ready to lunge headlong down that path and into oblivion.

Go on, save yourself

OOC| We can close this here if you like, I just wanted to get up a response and a closer.