the Rift

[OPEN] will you still love me? [birthing]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
It was a painful thing, to wake up every morning and to see that her sides grew more and more. It seemed it would never stop until she exploded. Yet now it had stopped for a few days. Instead of growing there was so much movement. Twisting and kicking that wasn't painful, but rather extremely nauseating to think about. There was something inside of her, and obviously alive. That thought alone was enough to make her stomach turn (in the little room it seemed to have). The growing was still a relief, and she could actually learn to balance.

Mother nature had other plans, and today seemed to be the day she would take her wrath. Pain began to blossom in every fiber of her body. It was obvious whatever was inside of her, wanted out, and now. Her breathing was ragged, but she was not about to let it out here. Especially considering the circumstances that who even knew? Was anyone paying enough attention to realize that she was about to pop? It didn't matter though, because enough was enough and she wasn't about to keep it in any longer.

Where is one place that most will not go to, that is the question. The cells seemed like a barren enough place, and they've never been used so no one really has any reason to traverse to the edges of the mountain. Thankfully she had been rather close by, it was a good thing she had taken up her normal sleeping habit to the lake right beside the meadow.

Once she was curled up, then shit got real.

Her body wanted to push her insides out, or so it felt. Even in the cool air of the fading birdsong day, she was on fire. Sweat was quickly creating a disgusting sheen across her body, sticking her hairs against her body like plaster. The urge to push was real, and she couldn't stop herself. By golly though, it hurt like hell. "Oxy!" Her voice was like a strangled cry. Why the heck was she calling him? She had no idea, he obviously would not exactly be the best help. However, he did get her into this situation, so he was going to help her through it if it killed him. Literally.

Although whatever was inside of her was not going to wait. In a few more painful horrible pushes there is something sliding out of her and it.. its so painful its indescribable. One more and its finally out. Her breathing slows a little for a few moments. Looking back, she can see something. Its wet, slimy and has wings and a horn. Well, at least it looked like their child.

Time for the second little surprise. The cramping began again, and this time, there was no way she could do it anymore. So what else was she do to? "Help would be appreciated!" She calls out. Maybe it wasn't the smartest of choices to leave society, but at least she was admitting she needed some sort of aid. Whether it be physical or mental, she needed to figure out why she felt the need to continue to writhe in pain.

"Talking"
@[Sevin]@[Aud] Just tagging you guys so ya know. ^^
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Shida
Step out the front door like a ghost, into the fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white.
& in between the moon and you the angels get a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right.

Sup world, it's me Shida. Nice to meetcha and all that good stuff, but could you turn the brightness down a tad? One day when I know what hangovers are like (since I know Da is going to share his stuff with me), i'll say being born is like being thrown into the worst hangover you've ever felt. Everything is bright and disorienting. I just want to crawl back into the darkness but something tells me that that door was one-way only. No going back now. That's cool though, I got this.

But seriously. If things could stop being so bright.

I stupidly blink my eyes, then decide keeping them smushed shut is the best course of action. So I do. I scrunch my nose a little too, because dayum something smells. It doesn't smell bad, it just smells. My sniffer is new, and all of this is verrryyyy strong. I can smell Ma, and I instantly know she's my Ma. I snuggle closer, probably kicking my sister in the face in the process. Boohoo. She kicked me enough while we were inside, and of course she had to shove to be the first one out. What a drama queen.

Unscrunching my eyes for a second I see white and blue and brown. Oh wait. That's Ma and my leg. Cool, cool. So I'm brown? But Ma is white ... how does that happen?

I look over for a second to find my Sis. She's got wings like Ma. That's cool so do -

THE FUCK.

I crank my neck around with a flexibility that only foals possess and look at my back. Brown, brown, brown. Oh sure, there's like .. a stripe down my back (big woop) but no freaking wingsout I can make sounds. What gives? Why don't I get wings? I go cross eyed for a moment and I can sort of see that there's something on my face. I shake my muzzle and can feel that yep, there's definitely a weight there. I flop on my side and dig my horns inadvertently into the grass. Squealing in surprise I toss my head (throwing clumps of dirt at Ma) and tilt my head back trying to see my horns. It isn't working.

I frown, confused, and look to Ma. She doesn't have horns. DID I EVEN COME OUT OF YOU.

I mean. Obviously I did, it literally just happened but like ... she's white. I'm brown. She has wings, I have horns. Things ... aren't adding up.

I shoot another glare towards Auri and notice that she has horns. My lips straighten into a thin line. Of fucking course she would have both. A+ Auri, way to go.

pffft. such an overachiever

ammgmgggg I love her so much. Thanks for giving me a foal guys <3333333

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

Im such a good sister.

I mean, I practically dove out of mom to give my sister more space. That way, instead of pushing me around all the time, she can actually have that space all to herself. Frankly, she should've just stayed in there. Did she? Of course not, she has to follow me all the time. Not that we've actually had a choice to be apart, but seriously girl, I was trying to be helpful.

Anyways, by the time I'm out, Shida isn't far behind at all. I don't even think mom had a single clue that she had put two of us in there at once. That was a bad choice on her part, or Dad's (if I even have one). At this point, I don't care whose fault it is, it's not like I can change it anyway. So when she decides to plop herself out of the womb, she's overly dramatic. I mean seriously. The poor thing was probably dropped on the grass a little to hard. Figures, she probably thinks she all great and stuff. I don't have weird twin telepathy, but I'm pretty sure that Shida isn't right in the noggin'.

I snort as she flails around, flinging mud all over the place. Can't her little eyes see that mom doesn't exactly look like she wants this brown mushy stuff on her? Apparently she doesn't, because it lands all over her and a few on me. I grunt, looking back at where it had landed. Unlike Shida, I could feel that my head was oddly heavy, so once I saw her, I knew I had to at least have a pointy stick on my head. On the other hand, I HAVE WINGS (now soiled by dirt)! That's so cool! Mom has those, I think, hers are all white, and mine are like a pale weird color. It looks like Shida, but a lot lighter. Weird. They're stuck to my sides by all this goop, but I wriggle myself upright, so I'm lying like a sphinx.

I sidle over towards Shida and mom, since I was still stuck near the rear. I wish mom would just get this stuff off me, but I don't care. I want to try these wing things out. So, in order to spite my sister, because thats fun, I open my wings and flail blindly for a few moments like a crazy bird. It's a weird feeling, and takes so much dang energy. I snort, frustrated by my inability to move. Then stuff gets real crazy. Smoke puffs from my nose, before floating away and dissipating. I do it again, and the same thing happens. Awesome! I don't know what it is, or if maybe i'm dying, but at least i'm dying in style!

I turn to Shida, and offer a weird gum-filled smile. Its awkward, and only lasts for a few seconds. But hey, we made it! Whether or not she appreciates my presence doesn't matter. I tried to give her space, but she just followed me out. So that's her own problem.

In the meantime, i'm not exactly sure if moms all right in the head either. She seems a little out of it. So, I kinda hope someone responds to her screams, cause I'm kind of hungry.

"talk talk talk"
[I had to. I just. Shida makes me laugh. And then Auri wanted to be written in first person and to one-up her sister. o.O]
Coding by Tamme

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
OXY
"You spin me right round, baby."

Have you noticed the way Snowflake’s sides have grown, the way her svelte frame has become thicker and heavier… rounder? No, you don’t suppose you have. You’ve been a little preoccupied with this whole drug magic equals severe hallucinations, but no drugs equals severe pain thing. Try as you might, you can’t seem to figure out why this is happening. You’re sure it has something to do with the Moon bitch, but to what end you can’t even begin to presume. And beyond that, you can’t figure out how to stop it. Of course, your drugs have always made your ideas about reality a little shaky at best; however, the extent to which you are confusing apparent fantasy and apparent reality lately is become concerning. It’s a little difficult to live your life when you can’t tell if that tree is pretending to be a hungry dragon, or if that hungry dragon is actually a tree.

Of course, the pain you feel right now while you’re sober is nothing to laugh at. You were just high a little while ago, so it isn’t that bad yet, but you know it’s going to get worse. The pain starts softly, like the gentle nip of a lover, but it grows more insistent with every passing hour. In no time at all, you’ll be screaming again for Snowflake, demanding that she come save you from the agony.

Or… she’ll be screaming for you? You definitely know that voice. Picking up a rather speedy trot for a man of your size, you follow her calls and cries of pain until you arrive upon a scene that is kind of crazy and makes you wonder if you haven’t actually stopped hallucinating at all. It is moments like these that really drive you to figure out what is going on. Snowflake is upon the ground with one newborn behind her and another just finishing its descent from its entrapment within her womb. You’re… dumbfounded, to say the least. “The fuck?” is about all you manage to stutter out. Your brain is just. Not. Processing what is going on here.

So for a while you just watch the two (specifically the darker one) flail around, throwing mud on all kinds of things. “How did these things happ-” But your words sort of cut off, because you suddenly remember one very odd hallucination where you admitted your love for Snowflake and then consummated said love. There’s no way… that wasn’t… did that really happen? Fuck. And then fuck again. And then fuck like ten more times, because this can’t be happening. This isn’t reality. This is the hallucination. Those aren’t foals. Those are shrubs and the Moon bitch is playing some stupid trick on you. Dumb wench.

You’ll show her. So you start laughing, and laughing, and laughing. And when you stop laughing, you amble on over to Snowflake (who for all you know is actually some rock, but who cares if you’re talking to a rock, because you’re by yourself anyways). “These hallucinations are getting out of control,” you say as you stomp dangerously close by the babies, lowering your excessively large head to nibble at Snowflake’s forelock. Thanks goodness the babies are just shrubs. There is no way you’re ready to take on that kind of responsibility.

Of course your companion has been trying to send you images to make you understand that this is real, but obviously you’re the smarter one. She has no idea what she’s talking about. If she could roll her eyes, she surely would, but she can’t. So instead, she wisps on down to the newborns, morphing into a butterfly that flits playfully around their faces, welcoming them to this world.

@[Elsa]
Credits: Image by devils-horizon @ DA
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Its quickly relevant to her that maybe calling the father wasn't exactly the best idea. He looks confused as ever, and not exactly that he's all that happy about the situation. Then, like a smarty pants, he inquires how it happens. Maybe it was the fact that she had literally just finished pushing two children out of her lady parts, but she wasn't about to sit here and give him a lesson on biology.

Then, to make everything so much better, one of them starts flailing mud and the other flapping wings. Fantastic, she'll have to teach two to walk and one to fly. The more she looked the more time of her life was about to be eaten up teaching the necessities of life to two daughters. She didn't detest them, in fact, the more they moved closer to her, the more her love grew. It was an odd feeling, not liking them but then loving them at the same time. She reached her muzzle out to the darker one who had moved the closest to her. The lighter one had also moved, but was out of her reach.

It was Oxy though, who had distracted her, again. He started laughing. Her eyes narrowed at him, how did he think this was funny? Of the two of them, he could walk away if he wanted to and never come back. She never asked him to stay, especially when she believed it was the last thing he would want. He spoke then, denying that she had just pushed these two out. However, it was not his words that pissed her off. He got a little to close to them, and not in a comforting way. First off, don't mess with a new mom who just had not one but two kids, and who is overly hormonal in the first place. It doesn't work. The second, would be to then try to get closer to her.

Elsa's ears laced back against her head, like she had never even had ears in the first place. She got the crazy eyes going on. Edgar, who had flapped all the way here from who knows where comes in for a crash landing, hitting her side before bouncing and landing on his back in front of the darker one. He opens his mouth in a sort of smile, but Elsa is to fuming mad to even help him up.

When he reached down to her she jerked her head away, getting to her shaky feet. She was exhausted, and now covered all over in some sort of debris. Her mane was a disaster, and she was not in the mood, but that would not keep her from standing her ground. "So help me Earth God, I don't care if these are your girls if you hurt them, even accidentally.." Her voice trails off. It's oddly smooth, quite and calm for the situation. Yet, this was her beyond mad voice. "I. Will. End. You." Overreaction? Maybe, but she looks him dead in the eye. She doesn't care if he's high, or whatever else could possibly be going on, but she will not let anything happen to their daughters.

Her body rounds to stand over the girls, keeping watch like hawk over his movements. If he wants them gone, or something, he's going to have to get rid of her. "Believe me or not, you have about 10 seconds to decide if your going to help me. Otherwise. Go." Her voice is pained but firm. In all reality she wants him to stay, but he can't be her first priority anymore. Nature won't allow it. She's wired to put them first. Sad thing is, they don't even have names yet. Officially anyways, she has some ideas but that's not important right now.

Well, shit just got real. Even Edgar is worried. He hops over, turning to look at Oxy. He knows what Elsa is thinking, and is silently begging him to stay. This will not end well if he walks away, so it's for his safety and Elsa's.

"Talking"
o.o
Elsa

Shida
Step out the front door like a ghost, into the fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white.
& in between the moon and you the angels get a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right.

Whoa. Da is a tank. I mean. I assume he's my Da. I'm not sure. I'll figure that out in a sec.

Right now, I need Auri to fucking quit it. Her wings flail and I suddenly wonder if I can rip them off. If not, maybe I can tape them down and make her cut it out - wait. Wait, wait, wait. Is she SMOKING. DID THAT JUST HAPPEN. I watch as the delicate tendril of smoke begins to dissipate. COOL! Can I - I exhale sharply and awkwardly, basically just shoving air out of my lungs through my open mouth, but nothing happens. The fuck? I try again. NOTHING.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. SHE HAS WINGS AND SMOKE BREATH? Ffffffffffft.

I pin my ears against my skull and instantly feel more badass because of it. That's when Ma starts to try and cuddle. I feel her warmth touch me, and, I'll admit, I definitely like it. It's soothing and relaxing, but right now I need to punch Auri in the face. Okay Ma? Timeout. I just gotta do this quick. I begin to try and inch my way over to my smoking winged sister, but before I can begin to do anything, a thing plops down in front of me. I have no idea what it is, but as my stomach starts to rumble my mind decides that it's probably for eating. I sniff once before snapping my not-fully developed teeth at Edgar. Is this how eating works? I don't know. I don't feel any different.

Before I can do anything else, Ma gets up and I'm annoyed. I didn't realize how warm she was until she wasn't there. I want to start to whine about it, but don't have the chance as she starts yelling at Da. My ears slide back forward as I listen. I obviously have no idea what's going on, but Ma sounds pissed.

IT'S AWESOME. PISSED MA IS MY FAVOURITE.

I forget all about Auri and my winged-food as Ma steps in front of us, protecting us. Do we need protection? Da looked pretty big, but I bet Ma can take him. It's then that I notice the butterfly flitting about. Sweet! New food! Again I try and snap my gummy teeth at it, but its moving too far. Snorting (and not vaping like Auri. Bitch), I struggle to try and stand up. I learn against one of Ma's hind legs and sort of scramble my way to standing. My dark legs are splayed out underneath me and I'm pretty sure a good shove with topple me over, but HEY. At least I did it.

My lips part in a big fuck-yeah smirk, and I puff out my chest a little. "HAH." I manage, my voice high and small.

Figures that my first word would be praising myself. FORESHADOWING FOLKS. IMMA BE DOIN' THAT A LOT MY WHOLE LIFE. GET USED TO IT NOW.

prissy
Auriel

So someone does come, and he has a horn. Thats kind of cool. Was he our dad? Maybe, but whoever he is is distracting mom from my food. Not to mention, he looks CRAZY. Like, crazier than Shida, which says aloooottt.

On the other hoof, i'm totally beating her in the "better at everything department". I can see she's jealous, so I might as well relish in this moment. I reach my nose out towards her and puff, puff, puff. I watch with not-so-inconspicuous eyes as the smoke floats up above my face. Don't you just love me Shida? Anyways, look at all the attention your getting, so you can't play the "Im such an abandoned child." I shoot her a little look reaching out to try to push her shoulder but I almost end up falling over myself. Well, this whole ordeal was going well.

That's when mom gets up, and starts talking. She doesn't sound happy, and the other guy sounds way too weird. It's actually kind of amusing, and for the first time in all my entire long life I'm not worried about what my little sister is doing. My amusement though quickly wanes because he's keeping me from my food. I grumble, pinning my ears against my face as I try to force myself up. If he's gonna keep her distracted, I'm still gonna shove my face up there and get some food. I'd like to live for more than a couple of seconds, although, Shida is more than welcome to take her leave. SINCE I TRIED TO BE NICE, BUT NO. Oh hey look.. a butterfly! No, I need food. Butterfly must come later. Although... I lean towards it as I get up.

So by the time I'm on my awkward stupid legs, freaking Shida already is. Of course, she has to beat me at something. I guess it's good for her, maybe she'll stop getting in my way. She's even so bold enough to congratulate herself, she's so self-centered. In the meantime, I really appreciate this little white bird, and butterfly. They're at least the nice, so now I waste my last gummy smile on them. Now, back to business, all my smiles will not exist until I get food. So I waddle over, and if Shida gets in my way she's gonna get pushed over. I want my food and this is the way I feel I need to go. I wander over, stumbling all over the place but these wings are thankfully helping me a little bit. At least I kinda sorta make it to mom, wobbling like Jello waiting for mom to calm down enough for me to shove my face up there. Shida of course is taking up the only support I have.

Girl, this was war inside the womb, and I will continue this outside.

"talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme

OXY

Ok, so you’re an idiot for sure, but you can definitely tell something is wrong when you get a look at Snowflake’s face. You don’t think you’ve ever seen her ears so flat, not even when you were fighting her (either time). Your own eyes go wide and ears fall back, but only in surprise at the whole thing. Adding insult to injury, she doesn’t even want to accept your love. Your love, dammit! You were trying to show affection and now rock-hallucination Snowflake (or maybe this is actually real Snowflake? A stronger pang in your internal organs confirms this idea) pulls away from you. Well fine. Frowning, you withdraw your head, trying to be a grump about the whole situation, but your plan kind of backfires. Snowflake is way faster than you, rising to her feet before you can hardly get away. Okay…

Furrowing your brow, you try to get a read on her. It’s not very hard, since she starts seething at you all the sudden. It’s not even yelling, and that’s what is really confusing. You can’t really remember her ever being mad at you, and definitely not mad at you like this in this quiet, dangerous tone that she’s taken on. “Uh,” is your intelligent reply as a new piece of your skin begins to prickle as though it is being peeled away. You wince, but carefully step away from the children, daring not to stay so close to them in case Elsa gets any ideas about spearing you with her ice magic.

And so it is that you, the Mighty Oxy, master of the battleground, destroyer of fools, mocker of Ampere, is reduced to a quivering bitch, brought down by the angry woman that stands before you- the (apparent) mother of your children. “I promised I wouldn’t leave you,” you manage to stutter out, though your eyes are no longer looking at Snowflake. It’s just kind of dawned on you that the children are real, and that you made them. “They’re… ours…” Ok. Way to state the obvious, champion, but at least you’re getting a sense of what is going on. You made sweet, sweet love, Snowflake bore and birthed your children, and here they are lying on the ground before you. You never really imagined yourself as a father… can you do this?

Gingerly, looking sidelong at Snowflake and hoping that you do not reawaken her ire, you step forward and around her, careful to step your hooves as gently as you possibly can. The earth could quake beneath you, but you try not to let it. You could really use some drugs in this situation, but you avoid that temptation as well. Unsteady hooves and hallucinations would surely lead to your untimely demise by the hooves of Snowflake. And your blood magic, well that doesn’t really have any place in this situation either. Shit, you’re kind of fucked- all on your own for this one.

Lowering your massive head (also slowly), you dare to reach your muzzle out towards them. You’re not really sure how to be a loving father, but you promised Snowflake you wouldn’t leave, and leave you won’t. So you do the only thing you think you know how to- introduce yourself to them. Blowing a (hopefully) soft gust of air from your nostrils, trying not to knock their unsteady limbs back to the ground, you try to touch the pegasus and then the hybrid. “Hello,” you sort of mutter, not sure what you’re supposed to say to a newborn. Then, to Snowflake, “What are we going to name them?”

@[Elsa]
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

With the speed of a man who had all the time of the world to spend (and aye, say true) I weaved among the greening roe path; whispers had spread up the grapevine that Elsa, our local Crafter, was with child. I'd seen Oxy and her affections flourish from a distance, in the back of my mind I knew tis only be a matter of time before their passion gave way to a new life. Yar, its her which stirred me down this way; high time I paid yon frosted lass a visit. While carefully navigating the trees, Fina flew ahead with Neve in tow. The birth of children was no place for a male, tis a journey that most women preferred to trek alone and often in secrecy. I wouldn't dare chancing upon them only to find her in the throes of labor with one limp neck hanging from her...

It wasn't moments later that my avian companions caught sight of their target. The eldest one announced within our bond that Elsa had pained for two foals. Twins? Anxious for the safety of the new mother, I borrow Fina's vision and catch a glimpse of the family from high above. Everything appears well. My phoniex lashes her talons around an aloft branch. I break our visual connection.

Their little hovel draws near, out of wisdom I linger within the forest and kept my distance. Between the foliage I catch glances of the pale, wet souls that are between their parents. Oxy is speaking to them, to softly for me to hear. Neve glides down, perching on my spine while energetically twisting her head from side to side to see around my neck at the little frost zephyr close by.

Tis common knowledge that a fresh set of parents can prove to be protective. I approach past the timber, but with respect and caution. Steps pause a reasonable distance from where they rest, "Well met," a soft smile upturns both corners, "Congratulations to ye both."

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

She's still fuming as she's waiting for him to reply. When he's rendered speechless though, she can't help but smirk a little. Her bold words did indeed imbue in her some pride, even if they were words out of fear, pain, and anger. He does however, listen, which actually catches her completely off guard. Her entire stance relaxes, but she shoots him a wary look. Either he's backing up to run, take her down, or actually... stay?

Then he's next words... well shit. Now she feels like a horrible girlfriend, mom, or whatever she's considered. Even more so he seems to actually be taking time to walk over and to meet them. She's taken aback by now, so she just watches warily and lets it occur. Of all the horses in the Falls, she was prepared for him to leave, not to stay... and actually sort of, kind of help her. He's even so bold as to go to their level, like, he's getting near them. Carefully, as to not scare him for the sake of everyone she pivots a little and presses her muzzle against his face gently if he lets her. It's her little apology, although, she did have some right to it. This, however, was the best possible situation she could've hoped for.

Midas arrives then, and Elsa is extra surprised, and pleased. She nods her head respectfully to him as he approaches. He congratulates them too, and she smiles. She is proud, but dang she did not think she had two in there. So, it was sort of an extra surprise she supposed. "Thank you Midas." She says softly, turning back to the children. They need names still, and Oxy reminded her of that. Well, she had ideas, and since she was the mom, well she was taking control of this one.

"Shida." She said quietly, lowering her head to the daughter that was balanced against her hip. Then, turning to the hybrid, "Auriel." She then looked to Oxy narrowing her eyes a little. She liked these names, and she was keeping them, but of course, she needed to be at least a little polite. "Unless you have some better ideas." She said, pointedly, glancing at him maybe a little too passive aggressively. Edgar, feeling a little better about the situation and not wanting to be eaten by the slightly younger girl flips over and hops back onto Elsa's head. He was happy though, and once they got to walking... he was gonna have the time of his life.

"Talking"
Elsa

Shida

As Da nears, he basically blots out the sun and I feel my first chill. My body shivers slightly, but I don't mind. I'm too interested in the size of his nose. I'm fairly certainly I could fit my whole head in his nostril. I'm about to try (because it looks warm and dark in there, and I understandably am drawn towards warm and dark things), but all of a sudden its coming closer.

CLOSER

CLOSER

CLOSER

I'M GOING TO DIE IT'S GOING TO EAT ME MA WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS (I can hear her talking to someone. While Da's nose is about to eat me) AURI YOU BITCH I SWEAR IF I GET OUT OF THIS-

-gentle blowing-

Just wait. I'm thinking.

Okay. So I think I overreacted. I'm not dead. It actually felt good, except now I smell like Da which is...I don't know. Sort of acrid and bitter but sweet and moist too. Am I supposed to do this back? Is this .. I don't know, is this what you do? I don't want to look like an idiot (especially if Auri is watching. If she does whatever this is second, I don't want her to do it better). I breathe in through my mouth, causing my lips to flap awkwardly. Then I hold my breathe for a moment. Why? Because fuck it. I do what I want. Then I exhale, but just through my nose. It's enough to send whatever birthing fluid is still on my face as well as a few boogers Da's way.

I mean. You welcome. Those are my first facial liquids Da'. Cherish that shit.

Da pulls back, and suddenly Ma is looking at me. Ugh. It's hard being the center of attention all the time. I huff slightly, as if weary from the attention (jokes, of course I'm not. I love it. FU Auri). She says a word at me.

THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME MA. DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT DO YOU-

Oh wait. That thinking thing is happening again. One sec ...

AND WE'RE BACK! As she turns and says a word towards Auri I figure she's probably naming us. Like, she's Ma. He's Da. I'm Shida, and twit over there is Auri.

Unsurprisingly Auri is shoving her face full of food. FFfffft. Fatty. Oh well, it's fine. It's then that I notice some black and white guy has showed up. He's small. Like. Smaller than Ma. Is he like ... a kid? Whatever. I figure I should do the greeting thing to him too. I push off of Ma's side, legs splayed as I balance looking towards Midas. Again I open my mouth, exhaling with all my might through my nose. There aren't as many projectiles as there were with Da but .. whatever. He's just a kid. Da is Da.

Speaking of ... I toddle a few steps towards Da, crumbling into his feathered hooves. It's way more comfortable than standing up.

Can I sleep forever? Because that sounds like a pretty good plan right now.

prissy
Auriel

So the big guy that I think is dad actually steps closer to us. He's really, really big compared to us. It's really intimidating, but I'm actually curious. Who is he? Who is my dad? I think that's kind of an important question. Plus, I'm pretty sure mom would kick his butt if he did anything to us. So, I'm just gonna go with it. He reaches his face down, and I turn away from my food. I can take a little break now that my throat isn't burning like it's on fire. I reach out my own nose to him, and in the process, fall to my front knees from my awkward weight distribution. Nonetheless, I wanted to say hi, so my awkward head bends upwards at a weird angle to blow back at his face. Tehehe, maybe i'll confuse him with my smoke breath so I inhale deeply and then release it a little so it puffs up all big around my face. This is so fun to play with!

Although mom's voice kind of distracts me again and reminds me that i'm still hungry. Plus, i want to hear what our names sound like coming out of her mouth. She reaches towards Shida first and my ears go back a little. How come she gets to go first! I was born first, hello, first born daughter is over here! So I must wait, but I'm glad I did. My name is so smooth and easy coming off the tongue. Much, much prettier than Shida of course. I smile and awkward, gummy grin again. Then, oh my goodness, someone else is here. How did I not see them... My face turns to the white painted stallion who has wings. Now i'm confused, but I know he can't be dad, cause I have a horn. So I take a few teetering steps towards him to introduce myself. I puff out smoke again too, BECAUSE THIS IS SO FUN. However, that's all the attention he's getting from me because I'm still hungry and I don't want Shida hogging all the food. So I amble over, and shove my face back up there.

I don't care if I'm fat, because I am a growing child. Plus, it helps to be better in the growth department, because it is my number one goal in life to be taller than Shida, cause, that's another thing I'd beat her in. So you go over there little sister, and try to be dads favorite. Be my guest, because I'll just be extra suck-uppy later, and we all know i'll be their favorite. So here I am, filling my stomach and about ready to go to sleep. Being born was a lot more tiring than it looked.

"talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme

OXY

As your nose nears the children, Snowflake’s nose presses upon your cheek and you have to bite your tongue not to pull away from her. You imagine that withdrawal from her reclaimed affections will incite her to anger again, but you have to admit that her touch is painful beyond all measure. Your skin, which had only been tingling, ignites in a sizzling wave of pain that reminds you too acutely of Ampere’s electricity waves. Will the rest of your life be doomed to be spent this way? You hope not.

As her attentions are drawn to Midas, you keep your caramel gaze on the twins below you, still unnamed but alive and very much full of fire. You were present at the birth of Delinne’s child, but only to yell about how noisy they were being. How different it is when the noise is from children of your own womb, life that you have created yourself, souls that you have brought to this earth. And somewhere, in the back of your drug-ruind mind, you have to wonder… Do you have any right at all? Will you guide them properly? Will you show them how to grow strong and self-sufficient? Will you be a good father?

Actually, fuck all that noise- who are you kidding? You’re going to be a fucking amazing father.
If you can deal with things being excreted from bodies, apparently.

From child number 1, you are gifted nose snot. Excellent. From child number 2 (who apparently needs more work on the standing thing), you are gifted nose smoke. Great. Your lips turn into a sort of confused frown, but you curiously inhale the smoke… just to see what happens, you know? But not much- you just end up coughing a few times. Weird… Shida and Auriel. You’re not going to argue. You’ve had enough of that for the day.

As for child number 2… maybe you shouldn’t have judged her standing ability so quickly. Child number 1 (Shida, apparently) collapses at your feet. Much pain. Very ow. You might have kicked her on accident by withdrawing your foot, if it were not for your fear of the wrath of Snowflake. Instead, you swing your head around and bite at your flank- hard. If there’s going to be pain, it’s got to be somewhere else, because you cannot hurt the babies. You think you might have to take up chanting. Don’t hurt the babies, don’t hurt the babies, don’t hurt the babies. Maybe it will work?

@[Elsa]

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The sight of this little family brings forward all those fond memories that lay in the back of my mind. They brought on a time when Ktulu labored to bring Ranjiri into the cold world. Our tiny daughter took her first steps and began to nurse. I'd hovered, awestruck by the beauty and perfection of mother and child. It was a moment to be thankful for and proud of. Those precious seconds are fleeting and few. My gaze drifts between them, settling on their offspring last as their conversation switched to entertain the topic of naming. A knowing smile flits across my jaw, it was the mother who pained to bring forth life; she above all deserved the right to name her children.

A peculiar mist swells from the babes when they exhale, my gaze widens but I say nothing in regard to this -- magic was common in newborns of parents who bore talents. Besides, both appeared physically healthy. Perhaps they'd been blessed with magic and this was merely a first show. "Should either of ye need anything, I'll be near,"they appeared to have things well handled. Elsa seemed to be recovering as nature intended and wouldn't be needing a healers touch. All that remained was for the four to bond. Seele...she would've enjoyed seeing these birdsong children. The future of Hidden Falls, our first born. Slowly I trailed back into the woods; granting them the privacy they deserve. Neve glanced back sadly,"Mi-des?" she hummed, one dark ear flicked to the side, "Ba?" Yar...all mine are grown.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

As much as she wants to stay awake, the post-baby second wind was wearing off rather quickly. Maybe she had underestimated just how much energy she had expended, for when Auriel began nursing all she felt the need to do was collapse. Her eyes flickered back and forth, nodding respectfully to Midas as he took his leave. She wanted to say bye, but her energy reserves were running of fumes.

Glancing over to Oxy, she was glad to see Shida plopped down at his feet. Lord knows that with their genes, these were not going to be the easiest twins to keep a hold of. His face is the best she had expected for, so even when he decides to bite himself, that was completely normal. What else should she expect? A pleased smile settled upon her face as she turned to nudge the one child away from her side. It wasn't for hatred, or the fact that she didn't want to nurse, but the trio of them looked rather tired. The fourth, well, she never knew exactly how he felt. It was like Russian Roulette sometimes with him.

Lowering herself to the ground, she curled up against the nearby rock face at the base of the mountain. There was no way she'd manage to get back to the community yet. So, looking to Oxy she just nodded before closing her eyes and quickly falling into sleep. She's not sleeping on the job, considering there was no way those foals would have an endless energy reserve.

If they did, well, she'd just like to see Oxy handling two immature girls. That right there would be totally worth the stress.

"Talking"
[Elsa's little wrap up, so no one has to post unless they feel like it. <3]
Elsa