Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
H
A
L
D
I
R

Dark eyes open in the night. Small little ears lift up and listen carefully. There is, as usual a lullaby of wind blowing through the pines and a few bugs who brave the cold, but also the fading crunch of snow. The small fawn, nearly completely hidden in the dark, raises his head and looks out the opening of the cave. He can just see a golden figure slipping down the slope. A smile break his little face, and his little tail begin to wag. The fawn thought the gold would never leave. After rushing up back up to him late in the afternoon the gold had done nothing but pace and snort, and seem to gather his things. Though he had not told the fawn, if even the small creature could understand, they were due to leave later in the night and head out to the Throat, to follow Gaucho and the pink spy. For now Thranduil had left, seeing the fawn sleeping, wanting it to rest for the long journey. It was a rare kindness, but the gold saw it more as an acceptance of an annoying limitation. That dark spotted fawn though was more clever than the gold knew, for he had only pretended to lie asleep, and now was about to explore.

The black spotted babe had grown frustrated in his tower. All day while the gold was away he watched the world below. The gold had taken him out a few times, and that had been most exciting, but it never was what he really wanted. Standing up the little creature moved to look out the cave, but not down to the valley floor. Instead he looked up, at the heavens above. His mind had no names for such things, nor even a concept of their being, but for several nights now he would crawl to look out at them. Millions of tiny stars lite the night sky above this northern sanctuary. Tonight was his chance, and knowing no fear, nor having no experience to warn him of the gold’s temper, he moved out into the night.

The tiny creature did not buck and frolic as he had once before, but instead moved with a grace, and pride of his ancestors. Down the slope he went, but made sure to keep away from the gold’s tracks. When at last he came out from the pines the small creature near gasped at the wondrous beauty above. Away from the mountain side he could see all about the night sky. With head turned above he walks about into the open, towards the lake, he ears flickering from one constellation to another. Whatever fascination which captured his small heart, it was surely powerful, for it lead the creature to nearly forget all about him. Only when his little hoof stepped in the freezing water of the lake did he awake from his trance walk. Had anyone followed him? It was impossible to say, but completely from his mind. For in the lake reflected the heaven’s above and the little fawn was so dumbstruck that his hinds plopped him right down into the snow. Nothing else was on his mind, not even the cold, for even though his body shook with it, he did not feel it in his soul. Then like a ripple of the wind, color began to paint the sky. The lights of the night began to streak and shiver in a fawning of color. Oh how the little fawn was in awe. Completely captivated by the show above. Completely uncaring of the gold, or home. Completely vulnerable to ever single evil.

"talk"
@[Saffron]
OOC:: Just remember, please give Thran time to get there and intervene. =] Maybe she could 'play' with her food? lol
Image Credit

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

My paws leave gentle prints in the fading yet still lingering snow. I step through the pines that scatter through the Basin, enjoying the night sky that keeps me hidden. I don't exactly blend in against the pale snow, but with my stripes the trees and I seem to get along fine. Hunting under the moon's light. I may not be allowed to hunt those who live in the Basin (except that one stallion, but that seemed like a specific exemption). However, any other animal in the Basin is open to me. I stop as my attuned ears pick up the sounds of another creature crunching in the snow. My eyes reflect light back and I see there.... a fawn. I crouch down, watching it. A fawn, by itself? Strange, but I won't refuse a gift given to me from the Gods. It is out in the open, away from the pines. For me to get it I will have to leave my cover and approach it big and beautiful. It will see my coming, but I should be able to outrun it, right?

It is entranced by the light of the stars and moon, staring up into the sky. I wonder if the creatures of the wood worship the Gods as we do, and if so, if this critter is fan of the Moon Goddess in particular. It's focus on the sky will help me sneak up on it. I move to the edge of the pines, hesitating a moment. I will make its death swift and painless, not letting it linger in pain. I leap from the trees, covering the distance between us in only a few strides. I try to pin it to the ground and spread my jaws, fangs ready to end its' little life. "Do not worry, it will be over soon."

"Speech."

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5

He hears not a sound and knows not a scent of the danger creeping up behind him. The fawn is still totally locked on the dancing lights their blues, and greens. It was a carnival among the stars and a festival of the life which surely lives up there above the world. He wondered if there were creatures up there, the same as down here, or if they were but magical creations. The black spotted babe just wanted to know, just know how they came there and captured in the blackness but yet still shine so bright. He just wanted to know why they crunched in the snow- and Large ears flip back and eyes break their glass glaze to shift about. Careening towards him was a curious creature of orange and black and white, like the sky above. Did the creature want to play? It was coming in to fast. The small spine of the babe began to tingle and his gut to feel a knot. Such things he had never felt before, and knew not what they meant.

He stands but doesn’t move. Frozen in the confusion of his feelings and this strange creature. It was only when her fangs flash in eve light the deer seems to connect to some reality. His hooves can’t see to scramble fast enough. A long bleat rings out from his lips as his hooves kick clumsily at the snow to turn and run. It was all too late. A heavy paw crashes down on his back and for the first time in his life the little fawn feels pain. Four stinging points grab into his spotted coat and slice through with ease to his precious blood. A screech so unnatural flies from his lips as his body crashes down in a heap of flailing legs. His ears hear that sickening voice but he can’t move for the beast covers him, and for the first time fear grips him for he realizes the beast wanted him inside its mouth.
A whirlwind from behind them screams. The little fawn closes his eyes, but the scene continues. The golden, who had returned to cave to find his fawn gone flamed lividly at the betrayal. He followed the tracks to the wood’s edge and saw the small fawn by the lake. Angered at the disobedience he had been determined to let the babe become lonely and find his own way back if it ever did. But then a low shadow moved through the snow. Saffron, the tigress. Harks pinned back against his skull as the golden saw the predator stalk his bonded. What did the gold care though? The fawn deserved it for being stupid enough to wander off. Snorting the twin horned turned to leave, but like a whip a voice cracks down upon him. No. It says. Growling the golden rounded and came charging from the pines to rescue the damn fawn.

Screaming into the night golden charged the tiger, closing in he saw her fangs openings, salvia gleaming in the light and it brought him to such a madness and loss of mind his legs did not slow but gained speed as he neared. It was a madness. For days the gold had been trying to rid himself of his pest, and would give anything to see it gone, but now, as it lay there ready to be taken, the wrath of the very gold lit his breast and powered him on. A call rang out over the night, a warning. Head swung low, but sideways, horns aimed away from the tiger but head, and chest churning low to collide with the creature if it did not flee.

A tumble of action and legs left the gold standing a foot or so beyond the fawn. His legs spread wide and madness coursing through every vein. The fawn feeling the kicking up of snow and hearing the calls opened his pale eyes to see the shinning gold set against the sky’s fire. He did not smile nor leap up, but instead slunk, with wounded back tucked to just behind the gold. His face peeking through the tassels on gold’s tail. “Saffron” The heavy breathing labored out the name, but it seems to bring the golden back from the edge of madness which had consumed him. “I’m sorry my friend.” He coughs, regaining control of his breath and shifting his limbs about to frame himself. That was all he could say for a moment. His own mind still wondering what in the hell just happened. Had he really just saved the fawn from its own stupidity?!

"talk talk talk"
OOC::
TAG:: @[Saffron]
Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Lauren
My paw makes contact with the small creature, bringing it to the ground and claws lightly enter its skin, penetrating the hide just barely. My fangs exposed, ready to end the life of the fawn and present myself with a juicy snack. But it's not to be. The fawn flails, but that's not what stops me. Instead it's the scream of a charging equine, and I turn my head to see Thranduil charging with his head down, ready to knock me aside. I hiss in annoyance and surprise at my meal being interrupted and jump to the side, letting go of the fawn quickly. I think for a split second about leaving my claws in its side and dragging it out of the way with me. But no, much better to let the snack go and keep my hide button-hole-free. I sit down and stare at Thranduil as the fawn rises to its feet and hides behind the legs of the stallion. So... they are a package? My amber eyes blink with disapproval. Not at the pairing, but at the interruption of my meal. To my surprise, the great Thranduil apologizes. "Apology accepted." I lick the blood from my claws and place my paw back to the ground. "I did not realize it was yours." I speak with a cool, even voice, and no judgment. I watch the fawn with interest and wonder what fascination it holds for the golden stallion. I had thought him above small furry critters, but he seems to hold special affection for this one. My stomach grumbles at the disruption from food time, but I ignore it. I can find something else to gnaw on later.

My tail stills as I become calmer, much less irritated. I realize now that Thranduil meant me no harm, which is good. Had he, I would not feel so tranquil now. "You know I'm quite curious about this attraction to small animals, and their attraction to you. It is not something I have experienced. Nor has Zima." I offer a small smile happily, finding myself for once happy to have some company. I didn't think it would be in the presence of Thranduil and a baby deer (is it a deer?), but so it seems to be.

"Speech."
378 words
@[Thranduil]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5

It would be curious to know who was more confused, the golden or the fawn. Standing there, recovering his breath from the charge the golden seems to come back to this moment, but not from his confusion. His legs replace themselves to a less, madman position. Those pinned golden harks lifting. The small back spotted creature which peeked through his tail looked equally confused. Not at the golden’s actions, those would be admired later, but the new acquirement of pain and fear. That was most confusing. His small back still stung sharper than any ice cold he had yet felt, and his small stomach still tumbled in knots so large, they made it hard to breath.

The confusing venture continued as the tiger began to lick her claws, and the golden felt that most curious emotion again. It riled up from his hinds and made them shift, and pushed his harks back down. That tiger was licking Haldir’s blood. Cloven hoof lifted and slammed, but when the cat was finished the golden seemed to once again backtrack from a trance. It seemed like he was most uncertain of where he had been. “Indeed.” Came the voice of the gold, which still wavered from the swirl of occurrences going on in his mind. His hind leg began to shiver and shake. Wait that was not his leg. Looking away from the cat to his curious leg he finds the small fawn, which having seen the strange creature kept at bay now huddled against the golden’s leg, trembling. A hardness rounded those earth eyes as Haldir shook. That most certainly would not do. The only worse than a stupid creature, is a fearful one.

The tigress speaks and the gold is drawn away. Big cats have a way of attracting your attention above all else. Her smile does not make her comment easier to swallow. ‘Attraction’ It balled up a bitterness inside the gold, and the hardness in his eyes returned. “Unfortunately it is not a voluntary emotion.” Then what was it that made the gold come rescue this small fawn from the clutches of death? What did not allow the golden to abandon that fawn all those times? Snorting the gold swings his hips away from the babe. It looked up in fright as it was exposed. The golden returned the gaze. His confusion having blossomed into frustration because of the realization he would never be able to stop this. The gold was locked in. He would never be able to escape this damned creature. He could not let this fawn continue its shivering any longer. “Haldir.” It was hard and cold.

The babe, curled up around his knotting stomach looked up. His large dark eyes trembling with a plea. The gold didn’t understand that he was in pain?! Did he not see that large creature was going to eat him! The babe’s ears fall back but his head rises. No! He didn’t like this. He wanted to run, to leave. The gold, calling him so harshly made it clear that creature was not hear for him! So the babe stood. His body steeling itself best it could, though a few trembles still escaped. He would leave. If the gold couldn’t understand that that creature hurt him, then that was it. But a quiver runs down his spine, and he can’t move. There is something there. The same thing which called the gold to madness, now locked the babe from leaving. “Haldir, Tolo. [Come]” It was softer. The fawn leans away, still not sure wants to even stay. A snort rings from the gold, and the fawn can tell time is running thin. Finally the babe, with thin legs trembling, steps towards the front.

Both creatures look at one another with a grave seriousness, as the confusion of the event finally falls away. They’ve both come to terms to something massive this night. As the lights continue to dance above the two have found the deeper connections that hold all those in Helovia to their bonded. They have found the connection, the link that keeps them together. They have found each other, and they will not turn away any longer.

The golden turns back as his small fawn steps forward. “Some Helovians find themselves irreversible bonded to companions.” Looking down at his bonded the gold sighs. Twin horns lower to the dark spotted creature and nose the babe forward. Haldir’s eyes widen in fear as he finds himself yet again close to the tigress. “Faradrim [Hunter]” The gold moved back from the babe as its eyes, still wide, scanned frozen over the orange and black cat. He did not enjoy the idea of being a parent. It brought back too many bitter memories, but he would damned he had a shivering, cowering fawn for a companion. It was good he learned of pain and fear, but now it was time learn of courage and determination. Watching over his charge frozen in place standing before a hunter, another thought comes to the golden. A thought of what came before this moment. There had been a problem before this one. “Saffron…how would you like another target? ” A malicious grin lifts on his lips.

"talk talk talk"
OOC::I am SO sorry for the wait. Please forgive me XD
TAG:: @[Saffron]
Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

I watch silently, my tail twitching back and forth in tall grass. My eyes moves from fawn to stallion, back and forth as I observe their interaction. It's uncanny how they seem to have an unspoken conversation. It is clear that the fawn is terribly frightened. I can't blame him, any child with half a brain would know to be afraid when coming so close to death. Its instinct to turn and run for its life is suffocated by its bond with Thranduil. The golden stallion is clearly unappreciative of the trembling child, and seeks to be the hard, fierce parent. Something passes between them - between the looks, the snorts, the trembling - that only one who has experienced it can truly understand. I can tell it is important, I can tell it is a tremendous change in their relationship. But I don't know that feeling, the sense of belonging nor the spiritual and intellectual bond that they must have. It's lost on me, and I wonder wistfully if I will ever be so lucky to experience such a phenomenon.

Thranduil pushes the fawn toward me, and I catch his name: Haldir. Cute child. I'm not sure where this bonding comes from, but I envy it. There are so many strange mechanisms in Helovia, ones that I could not even begin to understand. Thranduil pulls me from the train of thought and sets me on a completely new one. 'How would you like another target?' My eyes glimmer with the thought of an enticing task. "A new target? Why Thranduil, what scheming are you up to?" I question, a sly smile slipping across my svelte lips. The golden unicorn is up to something devious, and just by his question I suspect he wants to use me to achieve his goals.

""
@[Thranduil] || As per usual, my post is scum next to yours <3

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread