the Rift

[OPEN] Gone Going | EARTH OR WATER

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Event
"Shhh! They'll hear you!"
"Of course they won't hear me! But they'll hear you if you don't put a sock in it!"

Quickly, diligently, the creatures worked. Their bodies spun gossamer strands of purest silk that glistened beautiful in the warm afternoon light. One white, the other black, both moving in tandem completely covered the entire rotunda in under a minute. They moved like a blurr, back and forth and back and forth until the entire structure was bound together by their oh-so fine strands.

"Did we do it?"
"Looks like it."
"Yeah but can they get it?"
"How should I know?"
"Quick! One's coming!"

Instantly the creatures were gone, lurking in some unseen hiding place.

As you approach, this is what you see:

The whole of the rotunda has been covered in what appears to be a spider's web, only it is vastly more intricate and complete. In the center hovers a sphere of purest blue, thrumming and humming with power. However the strands provide a complex barrier. There is no more than a centimeter in between each strand, and that's at the widest. Most are much, much closer. Should you touch one, you will notice that it is much stronger than you might have imagined and gives off a mild elemental pulse when touched. Sometimes you are shocked, other times frozen, or even occasionally teleported entirely away. So you know, be careful.

This is a magic drop for Earth or Water magic!

> 72 hours to enter
> Please post a summary at the end of what your character does. It is completely up to you! Stand there, try to get the egg, don't try, yell at it, cry about it, whatever! Progression will be determined by creativity and dice rolls!
> Post your wishlist and prior refusals (must be of this type)

pure randomness
Image Credit

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
It had been a few weeks since her encounter with Buce and her belly was slowly growing rounder. The sweet pink and purple maiden was no longer as innocent as she thought. A small sly smile covered her lips as she thought of that day. It had all started so pure, simply helping him gather heavy ore. The golden chain tangled within her large pale antlers clinked softly as she moved clumsily over through the land. So much was happening right now, the Throat was turning into an island as well as having a party, and she was going to have a little one. A soft sigh fell from velvety lips at the thought of her own baby. How had she lucked into this, or was it luck? Maybe it really was bad luck, but then again how could a baby be bad?

Shoving the troubled thoughts away the healer looked around. A building rose up before steel blue eyes, but it was not as a one would expect. Silky thread hung from the stone creating a net like structure around it. Curiously the golden haired girl moved towards it, pausing within inches of the thread. An odd thrumming seemed to hum through her bones as she gazed inside. There was a small electric blue sphere floating inside of it. Some small voice whispered inside her head, 'Don't touch the strings.' If she couldn't push her way inside how was she supposed to reach the ball of light? Tilting her head slightly the mare thought for a few moments then opened her mouth, "Dear sweet ball, wont you come out and allow me to help you find where you belong? I only wish to help you in anyway possible sweetling." Her voice dripped with kindness and sincerity as steel blue eyes gazed warmly in at it.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 306
Tags:
Note: Alija walks up to the building, looks in at the ball, does not touch the string, and asks for the ball to come out so she can help it. Wishlist Magic: LightxEarth | Vines and flowers cover a wounded's body where the flowers wither, giving their life to heal the wounded.]

Image Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Parelia moved away from her home, at the World's edge. Her own belly was large, do to her small size she couldn't help but show her baby weight already. She knew there was time left for it to grow, but her excitement was already bubbling over. So was fear. She was scared out of her wits that Ilios would resent a new sibling, especially now Ciceron was moving home. Would he think the baby was the reason his father was going to come home? Sighing softly the cream winged mare moved steadily towards the Rotunda. It would be nice to visit the place where so many wonderful things had happened to her.

As she drew near her ears pricked with wonder. Was this a trick of some kind, or was a blessing waiting inside? She could easily hear the humming by now which only drew her interest more. Penna turned away from his hunting as his bonded called silently to him.'What happening?' ’I'm not sure, but I think it's something good.' Curiously the mare walked right up to the building. She longed to touch the white thread covering the building, but Penna screeched as her delicate neck stretched forward. Grumbling softly at the reprimand she thinks up a new plan. ’I'm about to light this baby up so watch out!' Taking her warning the Falcon wheeled away to sit in a tree sharp eyes watching carefully.

Calling upon her magic the dainty mare burst into blue and white flames, hoping to burn away the silk. Stepping back, making sure to keep close enough her fire was still licking at the web, she spread her wings. Maybe if she added some extra air the fire would burn hotter. Flapping her wings at a steady beat she hopped her flames and wind would be enough to make it through to the blue sphere inside.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’ 'Penna'
Words: 313
Notes: Parelia walks up to the web, does not touch it then uses her fire magic and flaps her wings to fuel the fire, or to simply push the webbing away
Wishlist [Magic: Light x Water| Ability to pull healing water from plants, the ground, or clouds she can move the water through the air to another's injuries making it heal]
:: [Restrictions | The more water she pulls the more energy she uses

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The joyous springtime weather was much more enjoyable than the harsh cold of the winter season. Instead of battling through snow squalls and hail the worst you could find yourself in is a potential rain storm. Flying was definitely easier with wet feathers as opposed to frozen ones that didn't really do anything but weigh her down. Yes flying in the winter was definitely a hazard and not one that you wanted to take lightly unless you had some sort of death wish. Today found the young maiden treading quietly through the green grass instead of taking to the sky. Each vantage point had its own benefits but today was a day for exploring on foot to see what all might be lurking down here.

The Rotunda had been a place commonly mentioned by many thus far on her explorations so it was somewhere that the girl had to see for herself. It had been described as a place of lush greenery and pastures with the occasional odd looking structure here had there but what lay before her was nothing like what had been described. Standing before her was instead a mass canopy of some sort of white web like material that seemed to stretch across a decent size of land. Curiosity had drawn her in close but something else seemed to call to her from within the web. Puzzled and not sure what to make of it she takes to walking around its perimeter to see if there might be some entrance to figure out what lays within. Reaching out with her muzzle she gently trails her nose against the web to find that its touch sends rather odd pulses through her frame. Some are painful while others are numbing to touch yet for some strange reason a little bit thrilling to experience. Pushing her horn between the layers in an attempt to part them forcefully she is surprised that a decent force is needed to break them free. What could have made this?

When no entrance makes itself apparent after a distance the girl stops to consider her options. Well she could very well bash her way through it to figure out what was inside but she had no idea how deep she would need to go. That would be a waste of strength and could leave her empty handed in the end. No that wouldn't work... so that left... Backing up a number of paces the mare launches herself into the air with a powerful thrust of her wings. If she could see where the object calling to her originated from maybe she could find a starting point to enter. Climbing higher in the air until she is able to see the entire top layer of the netting she drifts across it reaching out with her mind to try and find the strongest pulling force. After a bit of searching and researching she is able to find what she is hoping to be the origin. Here is where I shall start... she murmurs softly to herself with a delighted smirk.

Beating her wings against the air the hybrid climbs higher until she is about 100 feet above her target. Well here goes nothing. Pulling her wings back to her sides she begins her descent aiming to land just off to the side of her mark. Hopefully the extra force of gravity will allow her to break through the webbing with ease to find what lays inside. She will have to pray that either the webbing with break her fall the deeper she gets or that she will be able to pull her wings back in time before she hits the ground to shatter her legs and who knows what else. The shocks and other sensations were the least of her worries considering the other dangers. Hopefully each would graze over her frame as she broke through leaving the least amount of damage possible. It was a challenge that she was willing to take and if she found what she was looking for it would be worth it in the end. Preparing herself both physically and mentally she readies herself to try and slash her way through the webbing with both her body and a slicing motion of her hooves and horn.

Summary: Rhea chooses to walk around the perimeter of the web to find an entrance. When none is found she flies up to try and find the strongest point of the drawing forces before letting herself drop from the sky in an attempt to use gravity to assist her in breaking through the webs to find what she is looking for.

Rhea would like:
[Water X Light] Ability to create, control and manipulate the formation of ice to suit her needs whether it be protection or other uses. Restrictions to be decided by admin.

Wishlist

No previous denials for this type of magic.

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

What was that? I had moved forward, somehow finally getting back down onto the ground from that nerve-racking island in the sky, thinking I was going to die when the ground once again disappeared from beneath me. My egg was held snuggly in my mane, and I was just waiting for it to hatch. But something else had called me. This strange thing was radiating masses of vibrations - much like the one in the water had. Needless to say, I was a little confused, but I also wanted to make sure that those around it did not get injured in the process.

Carefully, I move in closer, blind eyes scanning the rotunda as if the could actually take in what was around this humming all of vibrations. I think that I feel something off to the side, some kind of creature, but I could be wrong because the vibrations are almost giving me a headache. Really, much longer before this thing, and the headache will actually happen. Still, I try to concentrate more than before, on the frames that stood around this rotunda - which was three right now. And, then I tried to focus on the rotunda itself. "Is… is something wrapped around the rotunda?" I inquired, moving in closer and closer, but not yet reaching out to touch any of the strands. Dropping my maw to the ground and giving a harsh swish of my tail I feel the entire earth shudder at my call. Yes, there was definitely something wrapped around it but perhaps my earthquake had loosened them, moved them farther apart. Alas, there was also a strange heat to my left. A fire maybe? Another one was… talking to it. Strange, really, but I would not judge. And, lastly, there seemed to be another one who was trying to… dive bomb maybe? I couldn't tell, but the whistling of air made it seem as if that were what was happening.

"Perhaps if we can pull it back then someone can get in" I voiced before grasping a twig from the ground and tossing it at the web, before repeating the process a few times before stopping to see if any change had occurred at all in the web itself. No matter what, I knew that I didn't want anyone to be hurt by this ball of vibrations. I doubted anyone actually knew what it could do, after all. "Just, be safe. We don't need to injure others while we figure out what this is…" Rasta said, concern edging in her voice.

Summary: Rasta sends out a massive earthquake to get a real feel for the strings and see if she cannot loosen any of the webbing. She also picks up some twigs and throws a few of them at the webs to try and dislodge it if possible. And, she suggests pulling back the web to the others present before warning them to be safe, not sure what powers this vibrating ball has and being concerned about injuries.

Rasta wants 7/2/14:: [Magic: EarthxLight | Can move vines, trees branches, and plants with her mind] which is found on her wishlist; she has no prior refusals for this magic

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable
Fig
The lush, frost-laced grove surrounding the Rotunda was more than delightful, it was enchanting, and long after Rhoa the little Dragon colt had vanished from her sight, Fig had lingered on to explore.

In true Lignea fashion, the young Aborun lost completely all track of time. The season began to shift around her; songbirds returned from their winter escape, buds began to emerge along the cold mahogany wood of sleeping, deciduous trees, and the sheet of ice that she had broken to access the sweet pool’s water began gradually to melt. Fig revelled in the transforming wonderland, distracted, and wondered with an ever hopeful heart if somewhere beneath the tangled undergrowth and dancing kaleidoscope of lights, her Soul Plant lay quietly.

One afternoon, as she stood away from the concrete and glass structure dozing in the warmth of Birdsong’s sunlight, Fig heard the hum of strange voices. The shaggy girl, still clothed in winter mats and old dead thistles, opened groggily her eyes and turned to where the sound had come – the rotunda, guided by keen, swivelling ears. A curious thing was happening and she woke properly with a start, snorting softly as heavy, feathered legs carried her nearer.

Spiders?

She could barely make out their identity in truth; they were working furiously – a blur of black and white, and though her curiosity was growing by the second, she dared not move closer in case they were disturbed. Astonishingly, as she watched on, the creatures wrapped the entire structure in web and (she thought) in no time at all, vanished, into thin air. Fig snorted disconcertedly, stomping one leg hard enough to cause the sprawling canopy of her Body Plant above, to tremble.

Even before she gathered courage enough to approach, a few others arrived. She watched cautiously, inquisitively as one mare brightly coloured mare drew unnervingly close to the web and one ear turned forward when the sugar tones of her voice spilt through the area. Shining eyes danced eagerly from the mare to the web, and again back; unsure just what exactly she was talking to.

Fig drew forward a few paces, heaving her enormous load and the roots skirting her stride carefully between dense, low growing thicket. She noticed them the glow, the orb which hovered safely behind the guard woven by the creatures. Another came by then, a mare who thought perhaps singeing the intricate, beautiful web was a worthy idea. “Oh no!” Fig cried out gravely, urgently, as flame burst to life horribly near to strange wall.

Powerful shoulders thrust the pure-hearted Lignea forward at a rate not often achieved, but as sturdy hooves found the lip of concrete, another had joined them and she watched intently as the dark stranger tested bravely the substance; her nose first and then the sharp tip of the horn upon her forehead. All attempt to pry through seemed futile, and she watched with a cringe spilling through her expression as the mare climbed unseen thermals above and turned, preparing to lunge; to plunge down, presumably through the web.

A very pale horse had stepped among their curious group, and the earth seemed to rumble with her step. Fig turned her focus to the words which slipped from her smoky maw. Yes, this web, she answered thoughtfully, eyes examining the other confusedly. Could she not see the phenomena for herself? Fig knew nothing of blindness – and she had seen creatures of this land who saw well with no pupil at all (Midas).

It was a curious thing the palomino suggested next, and though not necessarily something the tree-girl might have preferred. Fig noticed how ineffective the twig hurled was against the web was and sent a quivering nose forward in effort to quell the activity. She realised then that the Equine could not see... “The twigs are too frail,” she cooed softly, smiling pointlessly, and lowered her nose to brush any others away that might have been accessible. There was no point in ruining nature – even the non-living wood had a purpose in the world.

Then she suggested quite against her better judgement, “Perhaps the limbs upon my back would hold stronger if one of you angled them through?” She regretted the idea immediately of course, and hurried a glance by the airborne Hybrid. Fig called with exaggerated enthusiasm, “... BUT WE WILL SEE HOW YOUR IDEA WORKS OUT FIRST...” and giggled softly, nervously, backing away.

Summary: Fig watches Alija speak to the web, Parelia try to burn the web and Rhea test it for access before flying into the air. When Rasta arrives and throws twigs at the web, she moves any remaining away from her reach and suggests using the branches in her canopy instead – and then regrets it. She waits for the mare in the sky to try to barge through.

Wishlist
[Magic: Earth | Vines: Can animate the roots of her body plant so that they become like tentacles and are able to reach for and grasp items]

Image Credit
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Current Magic:
::[earth|the ability to grow green flowers on command. Once these flowers are eaten, they begin to heal your body.] A
Requested Magic (in the form of an upgrade) from Wishlist:
::[earth|the ability to make the flowers poisonous or healthy] U

Dröm

the Raconteur

Horses had already begun to gather as I drew near, my curiosity getting the better of me. In the end, I'm glad I've come. It's seems as if the Rotunda is in turmoil. It's been covered in fine threads of silk, a gloryfied spider web. The two that were already present had started to work their way inside. The oddly colored mare tried to talk whatever was inside out, but that would not rid the Rotunda of the web. So, I assume she is greedy, only wanting what is inside. This other mare, she is laced with fire and tries to burn the web down. That seems oddly stupid. Won't it burn the surrounding grass and trees also? Along with that, the very thing she tries to save? I rolled my eyes out of annoyance of their attempts, but honestly, I had no idea what to do, so I wasn't in much of a place to judge.

I stood there as more arrived. One pegasus attempted to dive-bomb her way into the rotunda. This, however, is when I decided to speak up. "If it's anything like the web a spider might construct, you will get yourself stuck. Do we know what creatures have spun their silk around the rotunda?" I asked, highly intrigued, but I still made no move towards the webbing. Silently, I pondered what course of action I might take. When a mediocre idea comes to mind, another mare has begun to shake the ground and throw whatever she can grab at the webbing. I do not wait to see if her plan works before speaking. "Pulling it back sounds good," I agree "but what if it is strung too tightly? we could bite our ways through, also?" She offered to the rest. The blonde mare continues, announcing her worry of injures. I have healing magic, if anyone were to get hurt I would grow them my flowers that posses the ability to heal.

Then I remembered something. Silkworms always created very durable silk, was this like that? If so, wetting a portion of the silk would weaken it, and we'd be able to break through. Silently, I move to the brook. I allow the water to soak me thoroughly as I move deeper into the water. Once I am close enough to the white rotunda, I begin flailing around in a maddened way, flinging water towards the milky silk. "Water... Should.... Weaken.... the... web" I said between rears and flails, still flinging water at it. Then, I moved back to land, standing near the golden mare with earth-shaking abilities. "Now, let's ram it!" I shrieked excitedly, charging towards the wettest part of the web, knowing well that if I got hurt, I'd have my healing magic.

ooc: offers minimal advice at first, then moves into the water and begins throwing as much water as possible at the rotunda from the brook. Then, she goes to land and charges at the wettest spot, assuming that the web is like silk, which is weakened by water, hoping to break through to the orb. If injured, she plans to use her healing ability :D (edit: i was writing this when sarah posted fig x-x please just assume drom is working at the opposite side of the rotunda that they are working at)
"talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
I am not swift to find a home-like shape covered in webs. There are already others there, and I swallow my fear as I make my way towards them. I'd been walking for only a little when I decided to take a rest, but hearing a slight rumble, I had come across these mares.

A palomino girl was running full force at the webbed thing. "What is that?" I ask, mu mouth gaping wide at the thing covered in webbing. I look at it, assuming there is something inside, because they must be trying to get in for something. I start to flap small dappled wings, lifting my body into the air, I fly a bit higher than the domed thing. Looking for a way I might be able to brake in...This was hardly any use. I could not see any weak spots from here. Only the others, coming up with their own ideas to get in. I spiral back down, shaking my head before I could let it become a whirlwind of crazy, looking back to the webbed structure. "Hmm..." I mutter, my wings automatically fold back to splotched sides. I look at it for only a little longer before settling on one odd idea.

Put them together! Well, all the ones she has seen at least. The mare of midnight in the sky, and the palomino. Yeah. Both forceful acts. This was going to be a piece of cake. Maybe.

I fly up into the sky, just at an angle to where I could fly straight into the web. The girl was using falling and the other ramming. I guess this could work for me. I start to flap forward, faster and faster....barreling at the web as fast as I can. I don't want to get hurt I don't want to get hurt...

Summery: Spice looks at it from above, searching for some sort of opening. Sees Rhea and Dröm, and tries to put together both their ideas. By flying at it from an angle instead of falling into it and running into it.
[Water | control water to shape what she desires though not permanently]
Restrictions set by Admin
Wishlist

"Talking"
Spice
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

The princess has been watching from the cover of trees for quite some time. She is well-hidden in her little thicket—well, in all honesty, she is rather stuck. After many weeks and much searching, Nasreen had found her way back to the Rotunda. She told herself that it was purely for the interest in the structure itself, because it was pretty, because the glass there was unlike any she had ever seen before, and really, the trip would be educational since she could now make glass herself…but deep down, the princess entertained the hope that he would be there. Bucephalus. Even the thought of his name sets something in her chest aflutter, and though no one is there to witness it, she blushes. It was silly of her, to think that the dancing stallion would be here, in the place where they had first met so many weeks ago. Still, she had traveled many miles to this spot on the chance of seeing him again.

As it turned out, he hadn’t been there. The maiden had been expecting that much—really, she wouldn’t have known what to do with herself if he had been—but she hadn’t had the time to be disappointed about it for long. When she stepped out of the trees, it had been just in time to catch a glimpse of two shadowy blurs disappearing into the wood. Startled, she had stumbled backwards…and just her luck, she had landed in the thicket. Struggling had proven of little use, and thus, here she was, stuck looking at the Rotunda from between mossy branches.

When the others appeared, she did not call out—call it embarrassment, call it independence, but Nasreen doesn’t want their help in getting out of this tangle. And so she has watched in silence (albeit in fascination) as one by one, the group tries to penetrate the web. She only recognizes one face, the flaming mare from the sky race, but the others are strangers to her. That is, until the earth shakes violently, and suddenly, she finds herself tumbling out of the weeds and vines that had once held her so tightly. “Er…hello,” she offers brightly, picking herself up and joining the others at the web. “I’m Nasreen.” It’s a rather awkward introduction, but what else does one say when one’s hiding place is suddenly and unexpectedly revealed? “Lovely to see you again, Fig,” the maiden greets the tree mare, who has also just entered the clearing. Then she stands there uncomfortably in the midst of the action, wondering what on earth she is to do with herself. Grey eyes wander briefly, then focus on the web.

Upon closer inspection, she realizes what they are trying to get at: a blue ball hovers in the center, thrumming with what she has come to recognize as magic. Oh! Well, it still isn’t what she came for, but it will make a good story one day nonetheless. Thoughtfully, she watches the others’ efforts, but says nothing. Many are trying to break the web, but somehow, she has a feeling that it won’t work. Magic is strong stuff, and in her experience, the only thing that is really strong enough to counter it is…well, other magic. The maiden wonders if it’s like this with the blue orb and the web—can one pass through the other? Perhaps they can coax the orb to them, instead of the other way around. The firey mare seems to have a similar idea. Though she is ablaze, she is using her wings to blow air into the structure. Maybe they can float the ball to the web if they work together? Curious, Nasreen raises her wings and flaps an experimental gust of air towards the Rotunda.

Summary: Nasreen joins Parelia in flapping her wings at the Rotunda, hoping to blow the orb into the web (and perhaps through it).

Nasreen would like [Magic: WindxWater | Can summon clouds to levitate objects]

No previous refusals, wishlist is here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=12427

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Helovian Ancient
Event
"What are they doing? Haven't they ever seen a web before?"
"Shut UP will you?!"

-sound of something being punched-

Alija's strategy has no impact. The ball continues to vibrate where it is seemingly unaffected by the sound of her voice.

At Paralia and Nasreen fan the flames that now linger in the web, the orb screams in pain. It also begins to sizzle as the fire super heats the water that it is mostly composed of.

While Rhea's horn succeeds in breaking some of the strands, the bulk of her body is suddenly wrapped up in the webbing. The strands that have broken due to her weight and her horn now wrap lovely around her body, binding her legs and wings and impairing her movements. Rasta's earthquake also succeeds in making the hybrid fall down deeper, making her even more immobile.

Rasta's attack shakes almost the whole structure, causing the strings of the web to hum with a beautiful sound much like a string orchestra gently plucking their strings sporadically. However it causes the fallen Rhea to become more caught in the web and seems to have no effect other than that. Her sticks merely become caught in the strands of the web.

Fig is right. The twigs are fair too frail - the strands are proving quite strong.

The water that Drom throws on the web relaxes it considerably. Although her body is strong, when it hits the webbing it does not break the strands but bends them, like an elastic that once stretched retains the larger circumference. What is most amazing (or should be to Rhea), is that Drom's body is not stuck to the webbing. At least, not where the water saturated it first.

Spice should have waited to see what had happened to Rhea. Her small body too becomes hopelessly tangled in the web.

> If Spice and Rhea are not freed this round they will be eliminated! However no one is under any obligation to assist them.

> Drom recieves a +1 roll for the final. Eliminations will be made next round based upon how you react to the information given here about the web.

> You have 48 hours to reply

pure randomness
Image Credit

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
Steel blue eyes gazed quietly at the blue orb purple ears pricked listening intently. When it gave no reply she looked around at the others. One mare was dive bombing the top, two were trying to burn it down, a golden girl shook the ground then started throwing sticks, another splashed water on it, and the last winged mare attempted to dive into the web. A squealing drew her attention back to the blue orb. It was calling out in pain as the girls burned it. "Stop! You're hurting it!" Before she could do anything about it though, the two fliers attacking the top seemed to become stuck. 'Oh no...' She raced backwards, enough that worried eyes could see the girls.

Taking a few deep calming breaths she spoke loudly, but easily, "Keep calm. Can you move at all?" What could she do to help them? She was land bound, even if she had wings the girl was much to heavy to fly up there and help. Trying to think quickly she golden haired healer could think of no way to help them but to try and contact the web builders. "Are you guys hurt?" Turning to look around for the creatures that built the silky trap. Her warm voice was pleading as she spoke, "Please builders, out friends are trapped! Is there anyway you could let them out, or help them? Please, they could be hurt, or get hurt..." Hopefully the creature would have a heart or at least a conscience.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 252
Tags: Alija sees her pleading is not working so she watches everyone else. Then she yells ate Parelia and Nasreen to stop becuase they are hurting the orb. Once Spice and Rhea are stuck she calls to them, asking if they can move and if they are ok. Then she looks around and calls for the webe builders asking if they'll let Spice and Rhea go.
Note: Anyone is still welcome to reply <3
Image Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

Sweat beaded on the cremello mare's slender neck and sides as she pumped strong teal streaked wings. Breathing heavily honey eyes squinted through the flickering blue flames, attempting to see if she was doing any good. Penna screeched from his tree alerting her of another's arrival. Looking around she saw a pretty chestnut and white girl raise her wings and flap them once. Penna's voice rang frantically through her brain, '"Hurting it!!" She killed the flames instantly her voice high with her distress, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to burn you!" Tender ears missed the other mare's squeal to stop, fear could easily make you deaf, or blind.Bright orbs gazed around quickly drawing her away from the building towards the clear stream. Dropping into the water she carefully soaked her whole body, focusing mostly, upon her wings.

Pulling away from the stream the girl tried her best to keep her wings and hair soaked. Moving as close as she dared to the web the girl shook, trying to shower web, fire, and orb as best she could. Stepping back, once she was free of water, the cream mare raised cool wings to fan the water and spread it through the web. She hopped the water and cool air would sooth the poor thing. ’Penna do you think...' He cut her off chirping slightly angry, ’No your right I'm sorry.' Bowing her head she thought hard and fast trying to figure out what to do next when the words of the purple, wait purple? yes purple and pink mare drew her attention briefly away. Others were stuck? There was clearly nothing she could do, land bound as she was. A sudden idea popped into her mind. ’Maybe being so hot then cold would have weakened the web.' Taking a deep breath the girl reached out a hoof and struck at the silk hopping to tear the web away.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’ 'Penna'
Words: 317
Notes: Penna yells that she is hurting the thing, she then apoligizes before going to the creek and getting herself wet. Shde walks back to where she ahd been and shakes her wings and coat at the web, trying to put out the fire, and cool the web and orb. Once she does that she flaps her wings lightly trying to cool the orb off even more. Then she wonders if the super cooled web wil be easy to break and strikes out at it with her hoof.

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
The sound, you see, it was glorious. Perfection that rang in my ears so pleasingly. It was like a magical song of peace and joy that I wasn't sure I'd ever really heard before. A glittering sound, what I imagined light glinting off the water would look like if I could see it.

Alas, it was a few more gentle vibrations that lingered around until I felt what seemed like water loosen up the strings where one mare who smelled strongly of the Falls ran into it - but didn't stick. You see, I could feel the others stick, I could feel them falling in deeper and I could feel the frail twigs simply get caught in it. "Perhaps something sharp will cut those weaker ones… from the water maybe it was? I'm not quite sure, but I feel something… that bends more." I explained to the mare with the tree a top of her. "I am Rasta, by the way." I said, offering my name to the mare who had spoken to me.

So, carefully I move around and to the brook, shaking it once more with an earthquake until I felt the water shuffle enough to get higher. And then, with quite a few powerful kicks I shot my hind legs out, sending a spray of water out toward the webbing once more and hopefully drenching it. When I got out, I grabbed a sharper, thin rock and positioned it in my teeth before I attempted to slash at the weaker cords, hoping that it would tear apart the web and offer access to the inside without it attaching to me.

Summary: Rasta feels the way the water loosens the web's strands, suggests that they cut the weaker strands. She goes into the water, uses her earthquake magic to shake it up so that it lifts a little higher, like waves at the edge, before bucking and kicking the water out toward the webs in an attempt to drench it once more. Then, she grabs a sharp, thin rock, and tries to slice the weaker cords in order to allow access to the orb of vibrations in the middle.
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

OH GODS.

I was stuck in the web! It seemed to have me tangled, I and I didn't know what to do. Ugh. Struggling, I find that it does not help. The net has got me tangled up, wrapping around my legs and my body. I decide to call for help, how else can I get out of here?

"I AM NOT HURT I JUST DON'T LIKE THIS POSITION!"

"HELP!" I call loudly and fiercely. "If you help me, I will owe you a lot!" I called. To someone. Anyone. Anyone who needed a favor, or something, I would give it to them. "PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!" I shouted, looking for the palomino girl. "I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO GET ME OUT!"

UGH. I hated this, it seemed like the more i struggled, the more it would pull me closer. Tighter. UGHHHHH! I wanted to scream, but my lungs already burned. I started to bite at the fricking web, my eyes full of rage and upset emotions. My head swirled with nightmares of being stuck here forever. "HELP!!!!!" I screamed again, breathing heavily. I had to stop thrashing, it was only going to make it worse. Sighing, I bite at it again, but with less force, attempting to flap my wings, anything to brake out of this thing! "I'll do anything for you, please!" I called one last time before hanging my head for a moment. My muscles strained from kicking and biting. I was tired, and I didn't like it. Taking one big last sigh, I close my eyes for a moment.

The way that I am stuck, my necklace of purple liquid is hanging upside down. I don't notice as the bottle leaks, a few of the violet drops fall onto the web.

Ooc Summery: Spice has tried calling for help and all. In a position where the potion in her necklace leaks just a tiny bit.

[Water | control water to shape what she desires though not permanently]
Restrictions set by Admin Wishlist

"Talking"
Spice
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Current Magic:
::[earth|the ability to grow green flowers on command. Once these flowers are eaten, they begin to heal your body.] A
Requested Magic (in the form of an upgrade) from Wishlist:
::[earth|the ability to make the flowers poisonous or healthy] U

Dröm

the Raconteur

I had told them. Those that had flown, into the web got helplessly stuck. The pale mare's vibrations only made those tangled got further stuck. It was unfortunate no one helped them, but I was sure we could free them after saving the orb that screeched and sizzled with the pain of fire. My wet body stood there for a moment watching the two mares fan the flames. I figured this was a water or earth orb, considering it began dying with fire. With this knowledge, I spoke up. "We've all tried something different, by analyzing our results I believe it is an orb of the domain of water or earth. Fire will damage it. With this knowledge, we can surely save the precious ball of magic." My voice is soft, yet firm. It was a pick-me-up to the horses that remained. Had they given up?

I began thinking. This was not silk. Silk has poor elasticity, but this webbing had bent at the force of my body and retained it's shape. Silk would've remained stretched out. I see the pale ground-shaker move into the water and shake the water. The cool liquid laps at the side of the rotunda. Then the girl moves towards it, a sharp rock in her maw. I guess we are both working on the same side, the side that is closest to the water. I move up next to her, my lips wiggling around over the strings. I hum gently as I search for the wettest spot, upon finding it, I clamp my mouth down on the web. This wettest spot is lower down, semi-close to the ground. I grind my teeth backwards and forwards, hoping to cut and rip the wet webbing. After a moment of this, I lift my hoof towards where I had been biting, hoping to break some of the webs by pawing at them. My little hum continues as I keep pawing, now trying to rearrange the webbing so the orb can slip out.

ooc: notices that the web is weakened by the water. Upon ramming it, it doesn't break. She then moves towards the wettest part of the web and tries to bite the strings, teeth grinding on the web hoping to make a hole/break some webs. After that, she begins pawing where she had been biting, trying to push the webbing to make a hole or enlarge the hole hopefully made by her teeth. She begins humming soothingly, trying to make the hole big enough for the orb to escape.
"talk talk talk"
Coding by Tamme
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

The girl watches in horror as the flames hit the orb, causing it to shriek in unmistakable agony. She hadn’t meant to fan the flames, only to move the air! With a choked cry, she drops her wings and backs away. Her actions haven’t gone unnoticed by the colorful unicorn, who screams at them to stop. Nasreen’s ears droop to the side in shame, and her whole frame seems to sag with guilt. “I’m sorry!” she whimpers to no one in particular. “I didn’t mean to…”

But there is no time to wallow in her despair, for in the meantime, the hybrid and the young pegasus filly have become entangled in the web. The painted lass’ cries tear at Nasreen’s heart, but in her panic, she doesn’t know how to help her. Franticly, she looks around, and that’s when she notices the water. The pale mare—Rasta, she said her name was—is sending droplets from the brook flying at the web, and the flaming one has doused herself in the little stream as well. It seems as if they’re following the lead of the chestnut mare, the one who’d had a hunch that water would weaken the sticky strands.

Feeling as if she’d done enough damage for the day, Nasreen watches them helplessly from the sidelines…until an idea blooms in her brain. Like Parelia and Dröm, she wades into the water, soaking herself thoroughly. Then, she approaches Spice. Dripping wings extend in a clumsy attempt to encircle the younger girl. “It’ll be okay,” she tells her in a shaky voice. “We’ll get you out of this!” Gently, she leans against the filly, trying to press as much water into the web as possible.

Summary: Horrified, Nasreen stops fanning air at the orb when she hears it scream. Feeling ashamed, she watches Parelia, Rasta, and Dröm’s efforts, and notices that water weakens the web. In an attempt to help Spice, she drenches herself and presses against the filly and into the web, hoping the weaken the strands encircling her.

Nasreen would like [Magic: WindxWater | Can summon clouds to levitate objects]

No previous refusals, wishlist is here: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=12427

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Falling might not have been the best plan in the world but it had least been an attempt at something that the others had not thought of. So as usual the plan that she had thought to be foolproof now had her suspended midair and completely stuck. Gritting her teeth in frustration the mare attempts to break through the bonds holding her by jerking her limbs and just trying anything to get out. Feeling nothing but tension holding her tightly she snorts loudly before letting her limbs hang where they had stuck. The effort she was exerting was not worth it when nothing seemed to change her position. Great just great.

Twisting her head around she is able to see some of the others trying to continue on with the task without so much as a glance in her direction. How come the smaller and louder pegasus that got stuck was getting all the help and everyone just turns her a blind eye? A sickening wave of pain washes over her as she again comes to realize how alone she really is. No one cares that she exists, no one cares if she lived or died here in this web, not even her supposed family would miss her. Flicking her ears back in a moment of reminiscing she shakes her head to clear that horrible loneliness from her mind. No she had already known this much about everyone this should be no surprise to her. If she wanted to live to see another day it was up to her to get out of this mess as it was literally herself against the world. No friends, no family it was just her and her alone.

Observing the others attempts from where she hung helplessly it was interesting to see what all made some type of progress. So water and earth....hmmm. Closing her eyes to block out the world she reached out desperately with her mind trying to find something or someone that could help her. Please I cannot end things like this... I am alone but I do not give up. When everyone turns their back I am the one that will still be there holding on. Give me the strength to overcome this!

Opening her eyes slowly she already knew that nothing was going to have changed in the couple moments of her little mental self help talk. Pinning her ears to her skull she bit at the closest web strand that was holding her trying to tear it away. She would get free if it was the last thing she did! This orb did not play fair but then again neither did she. Eventually she would get what it was she desired it was only a matter of time. Continuing to tear at the webbing she prayed that something would help her get loose so that she might had a fighting chance to prove she was worth more than the hunk of trash everyone else believed her to be. So what if the others had some fancy magic, point was that not everyone should have to take a back seat because of it. It was not fair! This was a bad case of the gods playing favoritism with those that had already obtained something of value to them giving everyone else the boot. Anger boiled through her veins making her throw everything she could into trying to tear the netting away to get to the orb.

Summary: Rhea realizes just how alone she is in the world but refuses to let it bring her down. Struggles for a couple minutes before reaching out her mind to the orb and this webs creators asking for their help to overcome what she sees as an unfair trial where only the gifted could succeed. After all this she begins to try and tear at the web with her teeth in sheer determination to get the orb and get herself freed from the web.

Rhea would like:
[Water X Light] Ability to create, control and manipulate the formation of ice to suit her needs whether it be protection or other uses. Restrictions to be decided by admin.

Wishlist

No previous denials for this type of magic.

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Helovian Ancient
Event
Drom, Paralia, Nasreen and Rasta all receive an extra roll for using water to weaken the webbing. No one has helped Rhea so she remains trapped in the webbing and is eliminated. Nasreen has helped Spice, so she is freed. However Spice you must have had the item on your wishlist for one month before you can try for it in a drop. Sorry I didn't see that sooner. Spice is not eligible.

Congratulations to Rasta!!

Random, Roll.

"Stop it would'ja?? You're 'urtin it!"

Suddenly two massive spiders reveal themselves. They blended in incredibly well with the stained glass that covered the Rotunda. Amazing you didn't notice them though ... they really are quite large.

The spiders cut through the web using their forelimbs, but the orb has already loosened. It falls onto Rasta, showering the mare in a wave of water that gels around her, finally soaking into her skin with a sound much like that of a bubble popping.

"Awwww. Lookit! It'll take us days to find another one like that!" comments one spider, looking down at the group accusingly. "All we wanted was to catch ourselves some supper. Ain't no crime in that, eh?" Their gaze turns to Rhea, still caught in their trap. Sliding forward, their many eyes narrow. "Awwww hybrid ? I hate hybrid! Too chewy." Grumbling, one spider crosses two sets of arms while the other cuts Rhea loose.

"Hope you're all happy." The one who did the cutting grumbles. Quickly they skitter off into the trees that surround the Rotunda, mumbling and cursing under their breaths.

:: [Magic: EarthxLight | Can move vines, trees branches, and plants with her mind]
:: [Restrictions | Objects must be within 10 ft of her body. ]

pure randomness
Image Credit