Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
Alija was very much aware of the quest and knew what was needed to complete what the Sun God asked so they could receive a reward she was not that excited about. The horned doe was not happy about making the Throat an island, but what was she supposed to do? It wasn't like she could say anything and it make a difference. Whether she like the task or not the mare would do her part. Sighing heavily as her belly swung with the extra weight the mare continued on her way. She did not know for sure where she was going, but it had to be somewhere right? The way her she assumed that since the place was called, Helovia's Heart, that it had to be a cave. The heart was buried deep within your body, why would the land's heart be any different?

The heavily pregnant mare was just about ready to give up when steel blue eyes fell on a large hole. It looked like a large mouth, waiting hungrily for it's next meal. Shaking her head slightly, causing her trinkets to jingle merrily. Taking a deep breath the purple and pink splashed mare carefully moved her way down into the cave. This was made even more difficult now that her baby was large enough to push and kick her around. Groaning and grumbling as it kicked and stretched around she finally made her way into a large room. Ears pricked as the girl searched for the destructive crackling sound she knew would mean fire. After a few wrong turns the leaping and boundless light of fire danced around her. Now what was she supposed to do? 'What was I thinking? Why didn't I bring a stick or something down here with me?!' Sighing in aggravation she stood where she was attempting to catch her breath.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 308
Tags: @[Spice] @[Megaera]
Note: This is to gather our fire! <3

Image Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
M
E
G
A
E
R
A
Megaera arrived just in time to spot the purple doe disappear into the caves. With a bloody great stick wedged in her mouth, the bay mare couldn't exactly call out so she touched down from her flight and, folding her wings loosely about her side, followed toward the mouth of the cave. There was a jaunty spring in her step and both mane a stick bobbed along with her bouncy trot. Her good mood had only been improved by her short meeting with Hector and Gaucho and Meg was happy to have a task other than her near constant patrols. The crooked stick she carried, a broken branch from the Dragon’s Blood tree, was nearly four feet long and four inches in diameter. Each end was stained dark, one red from the dried sap of the ancient tree and the other black, saturated in the oil that Gaucho had brought back from the Endless Blue.

Meg caught up with her herdmate within a few moments. She drew to a stop next to her, eyes lingering on her rounded belly, it did look awfully uncomfortable. What a bother foals must be, precious as they were; Meg didn’t think she was quite made for that sort of thing. She dropped her own, significantly less cumbersome, burden on the ground at her own feet and looked up at the mare with a warmer expression that a warrior might usually carry. “Good afternoon! You’re Alija, are you not? I remember seeing you at the meeting, but it’s a pleasure to meet you properly. I am Megaera, or just Meg if you prefer.” Her tone was affable, as she was predisposed to like anyone who called Dragon's Throat home. She was eager to help with the quest, true enough, but there wasn't any reason she couldn't dawdle a bit and get to know her chosen family better.

- - -

Tags: @[Alija]
Notes: Sorry for the multiple tags!! messed up my coding a few times.
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

He travelled some distance behind Megaera as they journeyed north to the Heart Caves. As her dark silhouette grew ever smaller, just a vanishing smear against the bright blue of their wonderland, the copper soldier swooped one last time along the stretch of salty coastline. It was a rugged, desolate-looking border, but he was ever conscious of the wily creatures of the Basin (and those harboured by the Wilds), as an ever-present threat to his homeland.

All seemed clear though, cunning, meticulous gaze could find no hint of movement, and Veci who gambled along the rough terrain below him found nothing worth his time.

To the caves then, Veci, the stallion called through their bond, and turned his direction into the cool headwind; climbing ever upwards with the slow grace of an eagle, to find heaven’s highway so that the trip might be brief.

The churning bay of blue – deceptively still from such a high altitude, was quickly lost beneath the sea of bright terracotta, and even before he had ascended to his preferred height, Hector was dipping is extensive wingspan to drop. The pretty gemstones of the region glinted playfully as the warm Birdsong sun kissed their coloured faces, and not too much further north than his destination, the column of spiralling smoke rose from the famous molten lake.

Hector’s descent was rapid, swinging loops around the well concealed mouth of The Sanctuary; into which the flash movement of the warrior mare had slipped. It took him mere minutes to find the earth beneath round, sound hooves, and after a collection of galloping strides, he too was passing into the ground – a place that he had not returned to in many, many months. With the sound of conversation as his guide, the stallion wove a path through intricate stone corridors, until he was paused behind them.

"Alija, Meg..." he murmured with a bellowing tone, ever aware of the cold ceiling above and its crude tendency to amplify sound. There seemed to be no other crawling through the underground with them, but Hector sent the Boggart off to patrol the darkness regardless – ever the soldier’s mindset.

@[Alija], @[Megaera]

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
S
P
I
C
E
I am exited to get going, though I like to think about how I will get there first. Flying? Or walking? My body didn't particularly hurt or burn anywhere as of then, but how was I supposed to know when I could get hurt again? Flying was probably more dangerous than walking, but I chose that one anyway. Nodding to myself silently, I walk forward, the soft sand catching onto my hooves as I walk. I kick it up with a playful dance to my eyes, and then I am running.

A whinny escapes my maw as I run, and I don't realize how easy it is becoming for me to pick myself up off the ground now. Running towards flight. Running towards freedom.

I had been thinking of the sky and how it shifts to the needs of the weather. Or maybe, the weather shifts to he needs of the sky. Perhaps both? I smile at my attempt to think of the sky and the weather, because I truly was never one for that kind of thing. I wanted fun, to be fully honest. I wanted friends. I wanted a life I could love and enjoy.
I mean, you only live once, right?

I am not subtle in the way I scan the ground vigorously for anywhere I could land to get to the heart caves. Where I had met Rhoa, a great friend of mine. When the place comes into view, I remember it. And in hindsight, I realize that it is supposed to be hot there. Before, I had been scared that the snow had run from me, Fleeing from my form until the end of time because it didn't want to upset me; it thought I liked the heat.
No way. No heat. I Liked the snow...while it lasted. Seeing his place again made me smile as near, lowering as I gain distance. I kind of like what this place looked like. Dark and pretty and dark. I guess I could live here, if I so desired. But, why would I want to live here in the first place? Pondering this as I land, I stop in my tracks when I hear the sound of a voice. Echoing hoof steps through and opening in the wall. I walk towards it nervously, though my legs do not shiver in fear, I do feel like running away for some odd reason. Maybe it is the darkness that is getting to me? Frowning, I follow the sound of the hoof steps, winding through and out and around, I finally hear the stop. Rushing forward with a clatter, I halt in front of two mares, and a horned and winged mind you, stallion.

"Hello" I say in a strong voice, standing a bit straighter at the sight of them. "My name is Spice, of the Dragons Throat..." scanning my new-found friends, I find one is a bit fat. One, a bit brooding, and another a slight bit lusty in the way her muscles seem to glimmer under sleek pelt.

Ooc: Sorry for the wait, eager to get her out there! <3

Image Credit

@[Hector] @[Megaera] @[Alija]
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Alija Posts: 58
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Sara95
A
L
I
J
A
The unmistakable sound of hooves drew the girl, now ungraceful, around. She was just about to ask who was there, when a familiar frame moved into the flickering light. Relaxing visible the antlered mare smiled warmly at the bay girl. She at least was smart enough to have brought a stick. Meg's warm smile caused her to relax even more. The pregnant mare dipped her antlered head in greeting. "It's a pleasure Meg. I see you brought a stick, I somehow didn't manage to think about it." Laughing she spoke again, "Blame it on the hormones I guess." Laughing heartily the girl looked once more to the flames.

Again the sound of hooves drew her attention to the entrance of the tunnel. A massive hulking fiery red form moved easily into the space. From his horns, to wings, to tail, he seems to make the cavern smaller. Panic prickles through her, if this beast was not a friend she and her unborn babe would be in trouble. The fact that he knows both of their names does nothing to sooth her panic. Only when she glances at meg to see how she is taking this does her wild panic fade. With trembling lips she speaks nervously, "Umm, I'm... ssssorry Sir, but... Who are you?" Feeling ashamed and worried the mare glances again quickly at Meg. Sweat slowly seeps it's way to her lilac sides.

So consumed by the male is she that Alija missed the sound of the filly's approach. Steel blue eyes shift quickly to the young male. She doesn't seem scared of the beast, which made her fear seem silly. Taking a deep unsteady breath the mare tried to let her fear go. It subsided only a little. The young girl's words bring forth a small smile. "Hello Spice. I'm Alija, and I also come from the Dragon's Throat." it was nice to meet new people from the Throat especially. Well, it was nice to meet most people, somewhere... terrifying to say the least.

-----------------------------------------
Speech Thoughts
Words: 336
Tags: @[Megaera]
Note: Sorry she is so scared of Hector! She's never met anyone so large, or a hybrid lol
Image Credit
[Image: 53a4c3e87d453]
Please tag Alija! All magic and physical force is acceptable to any degree besides killing her.

M
E
G
A
E
R
A
It was a joy to be among those of the throat, and even the memories of the wraith invasion that the caves naturally brought on was nothing compared to the bright glow of companionship. When the wonderfully colored girl laughed, so did Meg. A rich throaty sound, amplified by the acoustics of the cavern. “It seems as you’ve enough to carry around without adding another burden. My good wishes to you and your babe.”

The sound of hoofbeats, heavy hoofbeats met the end of her words, and she swung her head around expectantly to see Hector follow her in and hear his short greeting. “Glad you caught up, brother.” She says with a jovial grin at the stallion. This grin was quickly wiped off her face as she turned and caught a look at the expression on Alija’s. Confusion was the first feeling, what on earth could have scared her so suddenly? Meg turned her head again to see what on earth… oh!

So confident of Hector and a fellow soldier, Meg had momentarily forgotten what an imposing intruder he might seem. Alija’s trembling greeting confirmed her suspicions and put the bay into immediate action. She side-stepped, drawing a bit closer to the violet mare and, not exactly practiced at giving reassurance, quickly decided to imitate her Sultan’s gesture. Reaching out a dark wing she placed in lightly on the mare’s withers. “This is Hector, a soldier of the Throat, as I am, and a friend.” she tried to make her vorce sound soothing, but was uinpracticed and Meg wasn’t quite sure she managed as well as Gaucho had with her. Though perhapsit was words that mattered more than tone.

Almost immediately it seems, there is another figure come to meet them. The patchwork filly bounds up creating such a din in the enclosed space and boldly announces herself. Meg cannot help but chuckle a bit as Alija returns the young girl’s greeting. “And I am Meg. Are you here to help our quest, little one?” What an odd collection: a youth, two soldiers, and an expectant mother, on a mission to help the Sun God’s herd.

- - -

Tags: @[Hector] - @[Alija] - @[Spice]
Notes: - - -
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

The elegant hue of feminine presence was indeed inspiring. Hector stood to the rear of the cave-crawling crowd, ever their doting guardian – poised proudly, perhaps exaggerating his glamorous deportment a little for their benefit. As the mare’s mingled, there was the faint tick of movement somewhere along the winding corridor, and astute ears swivelled backwards to listen a little more intently. There was certainly another approaching, though their tread seemed to bare not the weight he might have expected from another adult. Mhmm... he sighed softly concealing slight disquiet beneath his stoic soldier’s mask, and he directed Veci away up the tunnel. No, funny business... he chortled with the smear of fleeting smirk.

He was soon to learn that there was no reason for concern. Obediently the Boggart whispered of children, winged and clothed in Dragon’s dust, and hardly minutes later he returned (invisible to all but his partner), at the heels of a half grown foal.

She burst through the doorway in a fit of childlike enthusiasm, energy, Hector mused silently as his shoulders slackened visibly; sweet voice innocently bold. He was not particularly fond of children, though they certainly had a place in the world- there were two of his blood already, twins to a lovely creature whose memory had already faded through time. After her disappearance with their twins in tow, the tawny warrior had lost all relative interest in commitment; Morana of course had challenged that indifference with cunning beauty and a tone breathlessly enchanting. She too had vanished into the wind... of course.

As the proceedings continued, greetings swapped and so on, Hector glanced about them with a curious eye, recalling the Darkness and the grip of intoxicating fear it had choked Helovia with. It had been a long time, and blinking nostrils wandered impulsively nearer to the familiar mahogany hide of his warrior sister. He felt all the more bonded to her for the grim experiences they had shared through those bleak times – the adventures, wraith hunts and more! The woman chatted on, and the giant sighed profoundly. There seemed little need for his contribution, he was there to protect thank goodness; small talk was not something he was well adapted too.

@[Spice]

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
S
P
I
C
E
The mare, the darker one had asked if she was there to help out on their quest. I had come to help, with anything, really. I nod and smile widely as I look from the male to the darker female to the lighter female to her stomach, which I think is a bit too big to have just food in there.

I nod to her. "Baby...I wish you luck..." what else would I say? My Mother says that birth brings hardship; and worries that your baby would be okay when you are not with it. And: "that is precisely why you have to have them near you at all times to you will never have to worry.

I think that is bull cookies. I wouldn't want to stay by someone's side for my whole life just for them not to worry about me. That is why I ran away! To get away from the boring poop that was my life back then. I didn't like learning manners or things like that when I could be out here. In Helovia. With other horses! Making friends, having fun...wasn't that what life was all about? Taking the best out of it?

An array of emotions floods my system, and I feel like I have overloaded myself. Ugh, just calm down and rest and listen to the older ones. Though I am surprised at how I had those emotions and thoughts and feelings locked away like that. Do I do that all the time? Am I open with myself? Shouldn't I know when to admit to myself that it is time to calm down and think of fun times and not worry myself with the thought of others in danger? I hope so, because even if life is about worrying, I don't want it like that.

And I am going to have my way.

I look to the purple -and horned, mind you- mare with a smile once again on my face. Emotions pushed back down into that abyss which was herself; struggling to break free she pushes them back because no one is to know what she really feels right now.

I then look to the supposed Meg. "Yes, I am here to help out on your quest!"

"Spice Talks". @[Alija], @[Megaera], @[Hector]
Oh goodness, sorry for my ranting with her emotions. I have got to stop doing that. Lol.
Image Credit
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

M
E
G
A
E
R
A
Megaera was definitely lacking in experience when it came to foals but she was warming quickly to the presence, a good thing since they seemed to be cropping up all around Dragon’s Throat. She liked their energy and zest, of which this spotted one was a lively example. Even Ryuu, limited in his mobility, had such a polite sweetness and a fierce determination all in one package. This is why she was a warrior, Meg thought, to protect these innocents as they grew, to give them a home and ensure that they didn’t have to grow up as she had, under tyranny and fear,

Meg smiled indulgently down at Spice as she answered eagerness to help. There really wasn’t much help needed as she wouldn’t dare to let this filly to close to the pit, but she liked the girl’s attitude all the same. She glanced toward to moving wall, oranges and reds of molten fire restricted behind the crystal shelf; Beautiful, but it served to assess point to the flames they needed so out the cave they must go. Happy as she might be to pass the time with socializing, there was a task to be done. “Well then we best go and fetch our fire and take it back for Gaucho. Follow me, little Spice.”

With a pointed look at Hector and a flick of her eyes toward Alija, Meg bent to clamp the oil-soaked branch in her teeth again and made for the cave’s entrance hoping that the filly would follow. If Hector could make sure that the very pregnant mare got home alright, then Meg could wrangle this spritely youth. She hoped Alija wouldn’t be too uncomfortable with Hector, she’d pop back and find them when she’d seen he branch to the bridge and hopefully that wouldn’t take very long.

With her customary brisk pace, she soon was out of the caverns and coming up on the gaping maw of Helovia’s Heart. She stopped and turned to face her little follower, if she’d come, and doped the stick to free her mouth. Adopting the sternest expression she was capable of, Meg stared the filly down “Now you’ll wait here while I go in, understand? It wouldn't do to have you fall in…” she softened and added a small wink for levity “…like I did once.”

She joked about it now, but the experience had been no laughing matter and the burns she had sustained had kept her grounded for months afterward. The waving lines of scarred tissues still stretched across her legs and muzzle, a ledger of lessons learned across her skin. Taking the branch firmly in her teeth on the undipped side, Meg took a moment to steel herself. She was afraid, how could she not be after a tumble into that fire, but the fear was a challenge, and that made her all the more eager to go. And she was smarter now, stronger, faster, and better that she had been. Red sand flew, kicked up by the gust as her wings dropped and the warrior launched into the air.

She’d planned this out on her way north, and smoothly put her plan into action. Up she went, then in a wide sweeping circle around the fires to gain some momentum. She circled again, picking up speed and chose her place to cross. A twitch of wings and she straitened, aiming across the center of the gap and flew level in a swirl of wind above the flames and only the slightest down ward slope. In an instant she tucked her wings and rolled sideways. The mare spun through the air like an arrow, and the branch in her teeth, sticking far out to one side caught the top of the flames and ignited. She moved fast enough that a second later she had reached the ledge on the other side and dropped to branch and leaping over it as it continued to burn cheerfully on the ground. Yards away she dropped as quickly as she could and rolled in the dust to efficiently smother the few singes along the top of her left wing. The burn was superficial, only a handful of feathers that now had a bit of a charred edge, and she was smiling with the triumph of her success as she sprung back to her feet and sent a shivering shake down her spine. A few quick steps and she caught up the branch in her teeth again with the black end covered in a small bright blaze.

- - -

Notes: Wheeee!!! That was fun! So this thread can definitely continue, just wanted to make sure we officially got the fire 
Image Credit
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure

The smallest of the gathering agreed to help, and Hector was relieved to see the bay warrior mare take her beneath her wing – in a sense. With a shrewd eye he noted his the soldier’s pointed glance and looked to the round, antlered lady quietly. Though her pluck was to be commended, the dungeons of the underground were no place for a mare in vulnerable condition. He remembered vaguely Daenerys. Her memory was but a fading blur now; the mysterious woman who had blessed his life with children and then vanished soon after birth with them, and though pale waistline had been ever expanding, her condition had been quite delicate. Hector had cared for her devotedly no matter how perplexing and bizarre the experience (the hormones); he had tended to her selflessly.

Like her, Morana – the last and perhaps final of his taxing female interests - had been swallowed by the abyss of time, and his eyes glazed wearily as he likened Alija to them. Mares...

As the Warrior (who was a brother more than a sister) and her filly companion slipped through molten illumination with the branch, still deeper down the corridor, he turned hisa hulking copper frame around. "Well, why don’t we collect a few rocks for decoration while we are here. The shiny black ones, don’t you think?" Alija was here, and he did not want to insult her want to contribute. Recalling her very visible discomfort when he had first arrived, Hector offered a rare smile, thoughtful and genuine. "Nestle them in my feathers here, and I will carry them home." He ruffled the glorious mat of terracotta and craned his lips around to illustrate his meaning.

When they felt as though enough rocks had been gathered (certainly there were few remaining), Hector signalled for the colourful creature to ascend before him up the passageway, and followed respectfully so as not to fuel her fear. As he stepped out of the cavernous shadow, the sunlight tumbled down to blind him momentarily, and the stallion extended a wing to shade Alija – if she wished, he would continue in that fashion. It was hardly uncomfortable, his frame towered above even her antlers...

@[Alija] – Hector is out :)
*Note: Hector is referring to volcanic rocks like these 'link'