the Rift

axes in the attics

Validino Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Validino
The grasses sway against his legs, lost in the subtle dance of the wind. Their hues manifold from acceding seasons. Validino feels their freed caresses climb higher and higher as he wades deeper into the heart of the Foothills. The sky is bright like the new growth of a dandelion. The cherry stallion feels the heat of waiting strong in his veins. He feels the wind's excitement carry his tail to the trees, but that is not why Dino is here. He his here in the widest, flattest spot because he needs to reeducate himself. The art behind a craftsman's work is always practiced, but when not, the talent is believed to be lost.

And it truly is lost. The Tallsun heat extracted Validino's rolling muscle, his lean shape and most of all the gleaming coat of which is beginning to let go of the summer. His mane, still holding the precious iridescent ball, is long, but thin. The heat naturally took some of it. His tail is still a profuse source of inky hair, and it looks nice behind him. Still maybe the one indicator of his youth. This air is cool from the morning and eagerly swirling up and down the dramatic hills. The stallion hopes he'll meet someone he is familiar with but then again not because his technique has faded.

[ Setting: Located in the Foothills. A large, flat grassy area atop one of the lower hills. The size is about one hundred yards. The temperature is nice, cool with a gentle breeze and the sun is low still, making the sky yellow.
Set up: 800 word max, three posts, and closing defense. Magic/dragon aren't allowed. This is more for me than it is Dino xD
This is open to any. ]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Svetlana, well, wasn't normal. She was crazy, actually. If it was a bad or good way... that was up to you. The pegasus mare was gorgeous, an unearthy beauty with massive black wings that were like little cutouts of the night sky. When she trotted up the rise of a hill and saw a stallion, it didn't occur to her to politely touch muzzles and murmur cordial greetings, even if the scent of the foothills hung around him sweetly like meadow grass. The gray mare's black legs stopped suddenly, her onyx eyes sharpened with curiosity. Raven wings rustled on her back. For a moment, the mare was torn between aggression and polite greetings. But her strong persona took over and she launched forward, obsidian hooves tearing the sweet grass. Visions of blood and shadows danced her in head, but she shook it off firmly. No need for the demons today. Nostrils flared to drink the sweet air, and muscles surged under a steel coat. Teeth bared, ears pinned, Svetlana went for the attack. Black eyes grew colder by the minute. Scratch that, second. The iron muzzle wrinkled, the crazy mare reared and plunged forward, wings outstretched like a cloak of the damned, the dappled pegasus aimed for the crest of the stallion's neck. From there, she could yank him over and see what he was doing. A friendly- or not so friendly- spar was in order. Then maybe friendship.

Unregistered
Validino
Mist exited his nostrils and rose to meet the apricot sky. The sun cast bold radiance, reflecting the foggy glimmer of morning with swirling allure. Moths rose from the tawny grasses as his walk disturbed their early slumber. The hills rose distinctly much like peaking mountains. The grass was slick with dew so he’d have to be extra careful not to slide along the uneven ground. The world was too peaceful for feud.

But she came down like an unleashed hellhound. Validino descried her by the hissing of raven wings against the damp air. They screeched with each flap – a deadly hiss. Her muscular body glinted like a steel knife, cutting the distance between. He had only a second to analyze her lean figure before she became a comet, diving fast for the tender muscles of his neck with silver teeth naked. Validino reared up quickly; carefully aiming the tip of his bone-like horn at her air-bound shoulder before lunging upwards capriole-style. He needed to keep as much neck away from her as he could.

Perhaps he’d pierce the flesh of her neck or shoulder, but his main goal was to collide with the feathery girl, becoming tangled so he could bring her down. This fight belonged on the ground. If he could keep her on the ground he could advance to pin her unless she found some sort of balance there.

Her teeth found minimal purchase on his black forelock, scraping away strands of hair and badly bruising the top of his head as he lunged upwards into her. He hoped with some sort of willingness that he could somehow place a dent in her.

[1/3] me trying to post sick :/

Unregistered
[Image: 13z190.png]

SVETLANA
the wild card

I have shut white teeth over his poll, when pain shot through my shoulders like a spear through a bird. A twisted black horn caught me in the shoulder, hissing a shallow track my silver flesh, thrusting through one of my ebony feathers. A grim smile twists my charcoal lips. Good. Very good. He is a good match to me. Sooty black wings shut firmly, lining ashen flanks as I tip to the side, falling from a low height of three or four feet, releasing my hold on him. Like I have been trained, I roll out, trying to avoid damaging my wings, springing to black feet. I can feel the bruising in my body that will occur overnight, and a thin stream of hot liquid spilling from my cut shoulder, but I half-close my eyes playfully, staring at the soldier before me. Teal eyes are sharp and electric under a dark mane. Warm ochre flanks with a flashy scarlet hue. But most menacing is the stallion's horn, a twisted black bone protruding from a chocolate forehead. Only the tell-tale twitch of my ears betrays the adrenaline surging through my veins, the excitement I can taste in my mouth. It has been a while since I have fought. Very well. If he wants to play on the ground, he will play on the ground with me.

I side-step, my body sinuous and flowing like water through the easy movements. Black wings fawn half-open, where they remain. Jet eyes widen, and I look behind him, pretending distracted. Hills rise in sweet rolls, dew glistens in the warm sunlight. Slippery footing. Rearing tends to be a dramatic waste of time, unless you and the opponent lock forelegs and lunge. So I can race forward, give him a quick bite, or attempt a full-force attack.

Ebony legs flash through the air as I rear, balancing gracefully on my two jet hinds like a bear stands. Wings expand, black sails, but I do not take off, my left shoulder giving a strong pang as the cut is pulled wide. It is no more than a show, however. If my aim falls true, and if he rises to meet me, my hooves will fall on his shoulders and neck, perhaps lower.

""

2/3 (not including closing defense)

Unregistered
Elope, would you mind extending the time limit on this spar? I'm a little busy and it's really hard for me to post with school. I just hope you're okay with an loose time limit :)

Unregistered
(That's OK :) And do you think this would as in the past as it is during Tallsun? I would like to spar with another with Svetlana, but I'm not sure about the one-week rule as it is in the past...)

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
2 weeks have passed since last response, default win to Svetlana!