the Rift

with whispers in my ear -open-

Duke Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Duke

& malakin

With no destination in mind and sense of direction, my large feet carried me through the shrubbery and brush of this land. With the sun setting just over the horizon, it cast my shadow opposite of my form as if I had a companion walking alongside me. A darker, larger, more dangerous companion, which had reminded me of the beast that lurked within the walls of my mind and cast a shadow on my mood. Had Malakin been a beast of flesh and blood and not one that existed within myself, I would have tore him limb from limb and taught him a lesson he long deserved. Alas, it would not be so and I was cursed to live with a beast who ruined my life, killed my family and left me in a state less than appealing to others as well as even to myself. I paused in midstride when my downcast gaze found a puddle of standing water just below me that had allowed a brief reflection of myself. My duo colored orbs studied the reflection, mentally picturing Malakin staring back with his features twisted in a sardonic smile that had me in a rage. How dare he, I thought to myself, how dare he. How dare he take from me the only family I had. How dare he take from me the life I was born to live. His actions forced me to pay the consequences of living as an outsider for the rest of my life without any sympathy from the raging beast beating at my subconscious. I didn't sleep, I didn't rest. I moved constantly and stayed hidden in the shadows of the forests and trees so that I might protect others from the demon within me, and protect myself from getting close to them.

I scowled down at the reflection and mumbled something incoherent to all else but my own ears and stamped my massive hoof into the puddle, crushing the reflection and causing the water to spray in all directions while muddying my alabaster leg. Paying no mind to the mud now plastered against my leg, I kept on in my journey to nowhere in particular. What would this new world have to offer? Was I really ready to mingle with society? My lonely mind said yes, that I was indeed ready to be apart of this world once more. But the part of me, the dangerous part named Malakin, still lurked beneath the surface and I could hear his maniacal laughter ebbing through the walls I had forged so intently in hopes of keeping him out and under control. There were still times when I lost time, hours, days would disappear and I wouldn't know what had happened. I could only fear waking up with blood staining my silver and ivory pelt from the victims who fell prey to my darker, more sadistic side. Why did the gods curse me? I wondered in anger. Why would they bestow this... abomination upon my shoulders if they knew I couldn't control him? But alas, I had no answers. I could curse and swear the gods for their unjust and criminal acts against my person as well as those who had fallen victim to Malakin and lost their lives because of it. I could blame them for the inability to control my body instead of taking the responsibility myself but common sense gripped my mind and shook me. It was my fault for being unable to control my darker half. It was my fault I let him take over and kill my family. It was something I would just have to live with.

A sigh left my duo colored muzzle, causing the crisp air around me to billow in steam from my hot breath. The snow was all but disappearing as the days grew warmer. I would miss the winter months as they were my favorite from the time that I was just a colt and needed no excuse to frolic. With the snow melting and giving way to new life that blossomed beneath the icy blanket. I could hear the birds in the clearing skies and the grounded wildlife that was emerging from their winter's sleep. With life returning to the world once more, it was a sign of hope, of new beginnings and I could only have one to wish for the other. Maybe, just maybe, this was my chance to start anew and build a life for myself.

talk talk talk

image credits

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Normally I let my presence be known with a flurry of greetings and movement but this go round I had opted for a different approach. Seeing the stranger lash out at the puddle I wasn't too sure that I should cross paths with him. Either way the stallion had unwittingly gained another shadow trailing along behind him.

The sigh that slipped from his lips was heart wrenching. Shifting my weight from side to side I debated on coming out. Gone was the emotion that had seemed like anger, now he just seemed sad. Overwhelmingly so. Maybe I had judged him wrongly.

Crack. I stepped on a branch snapping it. No need to deliberate any further, my presence had been announced.

"Oops." Sheepishly I smiled as I stepped out."I'm Rei of Dragon's Throat. I'm assuming you aren't from around here. I have seen many sights in Helovia but no one has looked like you." Cocking my head to the side I tilted it upwards to take in the stallion at his full height. "Not that it is a bad thing!" After witnessing his anger at his reflection earlier my stomach dropped to my hooves; what if his frustration had been directed at his appearance? Now I scrambled to right my thoughtless statement.

"I like how you look. You're rather handsome, really." That is right Rei. Potentially insult him then blurt out compliments. I shook my head at my own floundering before bursting into bubbling laughter. "Welcome to Helovia!" For added effect I spread my wings out and dipped my head. Looking up from under my lashes I winked, "And believe it or not I am one of the least strange things you'll find here." I fell quiet for a while before murmuring "You seem as if you could use a friend."
Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I was tired, but moving on. I was finding my way much easier now from the threshold back to the Falls. I was confident in the way that the world moved around me, and so I allowed myself to continue to move forward until I reached what felt like a pool and a looming frame of what I assumed was a stag. And, well, if it wasn't then it was a pretty damn big boulder.

Alas, the sigh which seemed to escape from his maw proved to me that there was in fact another stag. I shifted my weight, listening to the clicking of the birds. Still, I could feel the water ripple so close to him. So I could only assumed that he had smashed it a few minutes prior. Then, a branch cracked and another creature emerged with two wings. She spoke, so many different things falling from her lips, including her title.

With a sigh, I pulled myself out from the shadows, blind eyes switching between the two creatures before me. "Rasta, of the Falls. Might I be of any assistance? Perhaps even offer a shelter for a few days - or longer - until you can grab your bearings. Though, it does seem as if spring is being kind to us..." I could give no words on their appearance, though from the vibrations of their movements they seemed to be in good shape. And, because of how tall the stag seemed to be, I kept my space - a good distance to keep my comfort levels at ease. At least I knew I could run and shake the ground if necessary.

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

I must have come to Helovia towards the end of their winter. For soon after my arrival to the Basin grass began to poke through the melting snow like sharpened blades piercing through paper. Birds had seemed to return to the skies from wherever they might have gone. And the trees...oh the trees they began to blossom and bloom with their ever beautiful hues of green. I loved spring. It was almost as if the earth had released the breath of life that it had held all winter long of which denied the plant life whatever it was that they needed to thrive. But it didn't matter anymore, for the spirit of the earth would once more live and the plant life would grow in abundance with it. Even now the Threshold had changed so much since my arrival. What was once a forest of barren trees and a floor blanketed in the white glittering snow, was now green and lush with a scent of the damp earth below my hooves.

It was blissful.

But I didn't come here just to see and experience the night and day changes of my point of entrance into Helovia. No, I had come to...to...huh, I guess I didn't really know why I had come here. Perhaps I wanted to try to relive my first day here, see if there was anything I missed that could have been important? Perhaps I had come to just wander and spend my day within the confines of the forest until I lost myself to its endless clutches. No matter what my reasoning was, it was about to be interfered with as I soon came upon a group of three others.

As I grew closer I noticed that two of them were mares and the other a stallion. I also noticed that one was a pegasus, one was an equine, and the stallion he was a unicorn much like myself. Except he had two horns where as I had one. I had missed any speech though if there was any, and so I decided to break the silence.

“Greetings, I'm Ayleid from the Basin,” My calm voice rang out, “I hope everybody is having a good day thus far?”

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 372
TAGGED;; @[Duke]
OOC;; Basin is here 8D

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Use of force and magic is allowed on Ayleid, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D

Unregistered

The Duke

& malakin

I had been lost in my own thoughts and not paid any attentions when the sound behind me alerted me of someone's presence. My harks pinned back against my skull as I turned around to find the petite stranger who had graced me with her presence. My first thought was how small she was compared to my giant form. With a tilt of my crown I study the winged creature further while she spoke. Her introduction manages to coax a deep laugh from my maw despite my earlier depression. In response to her questions and words as well as her greeting, I bow my crown in kind and introduce myself, "I am called Duke, Rei of Dragon's Throat. It is a pleasure to meet you." Her rambling was quite adorable and I couldn't help but admire her. It has truly been too long since I've interacted with others of my kind, at least of the equine sort. My duo gaze trailed over her spotted wings in admiration before I replied with, "Rest assured, strange is far from how I would describe you," Was that flirting? I believe it was but before I could say anything further, another figure drew my attention away to find another mare making her way closer to us. Upon closer examination, I assumed she was blind by the milky shade of his eyes.

Her words and introduction had me smiling despite the fact she wasn't able to see. Again, I was overwhelmed by how open and welcoming the creatures were in this realm. As mentioned before, I have been away from the society for so long I may have forgotten how to interact with others but I could not forget the coldness I had been given, not that I didn't deserve it and so much more. The reminder of whose fault that was scratched at the surface and I had to heave a large sigh while fighting to control it. Last thing I needed was to appear hostile in my company. "Rasta, I am Duke. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Thank you for your kindness." I wasn't sure how to answer her offer, unsure of turning it down for fear of Malakin targeting the blind dame for his pleasure, or accept since the whole purpose of coming from the woods was to mingle with others once again.

My gaze moved from the two who were in close proximity, although I did notice the other harlot had stepped back and couldn't help but be amused. Hearing the voice of another, I turned my crown in the direction it had come from and studied her. Alas, someone like me. I noticed while I had two curled horns, she had one protruding from between her eyes. I studied her further, her markings unusual from the other two. "It's a pleasure, Ayleid. I am called The Duke, but of course Duke is fine. It's a pleasure to meet you as well. If you all would forgive me, I haven't socialized with other beings for quite some time. I've been a bit of a hermit for the past few years." How would I tell them, Oh, by the way, I have a split personality and his name is Malakin and he's an asshole who likes to kill others for pleasure.?

talk talk talk

@[Rasta] @[Ayleid] @[Rei]

image credits

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

"How would you describe me then?" The accent that so quickly marked me as an immigrant to Helovia was thickened by his response. Stallions didn't flirt with me. It was unheard of. Was he even flirting? My feathers ruffled slightly in excitement for possible attention. A steady blush began to spread across my features.

I didn't get to hear what more the stallion might say as more came to welcome him into Helovia. Disappointment washed over me as I realized I probably would never know what he may have said. From the corner of my eye I cast him another glance. A soft huff of frustration slipped as I prepared to greet those who had came.

"Hello Ayleid," Curiosity set a spark to dancing in my eye. She was from the Basin? She seemed so friendly; she behaved differently from how I expected a unicorn from the Basin to. I had heard so much about them, and so little of it good. A true smile grew on my face for Ayleid. "It has been a fantastic day!" The words were delighted chirps rising from my lips to swirl around us. Now what? I blinked at the mare from the Basin. There was so much I wanted to ask her about her home but I drew a complete blank now that I had a chance.

Thankfully I was saved from my social slip up by another mare who had came to greet the stallion. "Greetings Rasta!" I dipped my head to her to see if any others were approaching our growing group.

A gentle curve grew on my lips towards Duke. "Well here is to the end of your hermit years!" In the traditional form of Lytninian salute I raised a wing and sent an enthusiastic whinny loose to the wind.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I should not have expected the Threshold to stay quiet. What reason did it have, after all, to try and not swarm those of new blood and beg for them to come to a home. Three others, on top of myself. It was a struggle, somewhat, to continue to stay at ease when all the vibrations were spinning around in my cranium.

Alas, the names quickly swamped my cranium. Duke, Rei, Ayleid. I would have to recall all of them for the niceties later that I didn't doubt would come. Alas, he apologized for being a hermit and I could only just offer a gentle laugh before dipping my head in greeting to each of the creatures here. "It is… difficult to remain a hermit as one journeys into these lands. One always tends to be found by others before they have a chance to flee the other direction."

There was a gentle pause as I flicked my tail back and forth, taking in a deep breath as I peered between the other two who both had homes before returning my attention to Duke. "And, please. The pleasure is all mine. You seem to be in good health. If I might be so bold as to ask, what seems to have brought you here?" It was not often that I found such large stags in what appeared to be such good health without an actual home in this area. Perhaps he would return to the Falls with me. He would be a good addition to most any sector of the herd I believed, so I hoped.
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Unregistered

The Duke

& malakin

I was about to answer the mare of just how I would describe her since there was so many adjectives that I could use. Of course, I barely knew the lass much less had any right using such words no matter how flattering she might find them. I was more worried about how appalled she may be with the knowledge of how I viewed her within mere seconds of meeting her. Granted, this was no love. Nor lust. I found her adorable in a sense and her lavish speech was something I thought to be insanely amusing. However, I was saved from any embarrassment I might have felt when the one called Rasta had interrupted us. I cast the other equine a smile that lifted the corners of my duo painted kissers.

"Duly noted," I replied in a teasing fashion to her advice about being a hermit in this country would be difficult. My gaze landed on the one called Rei for a moment to study her and I couldn't help but laugh softly at her words before returning my attention to Rasta. "I have lived an outcast's life for the past few years due to past events that have given me cause to feel safer away from society and putting others lives at risk. However, in the past few years, I have found I've managed to... gain a bit more control over myself," and Malakin, I finished to myself, "thus opening the option of returning to the living, so to speak. Helovia was the first place I wandered."

talk talk talk
@[Rei] @[Rasta]

image credits

[/quote]