the Rift

[OPEN] taciturn

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

Rocks slid from beneath Phantom's cloven hooves as she followed the path into the underground cave system. As the angled path leveled out she paused to look at the wall of crystal that directed heat into the cave. She stepped closer, muzzle reached toward the crystal wall, but she paused as her whiskers touched the surface of the wall. She stood a moment like that then withdrew her muzzle and looked toward the stalactites that hung from the ceiling. As she looked at them she wondered how stable they were, if they might fall and pierce her body, pin her to the ground where she would bleed out. No one would be the wiser until they found her body, rotted and riddled with maggots. Phantom snorted and lowered her gaze. It wasn't often that she let her imagine run away with her, but when she did it was often filled with images of her own gory demise.

Her steps echoed as she began to weave her way around the stalagmites, eager to leave them and their counterparts behind her, though she was sure there were many, many more deeper in the cave. Her attention was drawn toward a room situated off of the main room that she had entered. Phantom's pale ears tilted forward and she stepped into the new area, crimson eyes sweeping quickly around the room. Once she ascertained that she was alone her stance relaxed and she walked casually toward a wall situated in the room.

How curious.

As Phantom moved closer she could make out etchings on the wall. She was unfamiliar with Helovia's history, being a newcomer, but even she knew that the wall was something of importance. It told a story that she could only try to assume the meaning of. The pale mare moved slowly from one end of the wall to the other, taking her time to study the images. Even as she studied them they were still meaningless to her. She'd have to find someone well versed in Helovia's history and speak with them so she could learn.

"."

@[Aithniel]

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

I didn't give up the light;
I closed my eyes and closed myself

Aithniel didn't want to go home. She knew Rikyn wouldn't be there. He hadn't been there in such a long time. But going back would mean that she had to face what she already knew, and that wasn't going to be easy. Like all creatures of habit, she had every intention of avoiding pain until she absolutely had to face it head on. While she was not a coward, she just didn't want to know the truth. Wherever he was though... she hoped that he was safe.

So, she explored, finding herself in the deep caverns beneath Helovia. There was a huge fire outside, one that she had enjoyed watching for some time. That was when she noticed the slight hole in the ground with rocks around the edges - colorful, pretty rocks. The world was full of questions that she wasn't sure she wanted answers to. Sometimes a little mystery was fun.

The flame girl trotted down into the cave, unfettered by fear or worry. She could start fires. Defend herself. For the first time in forever she felt some semblance of power. Even if she was still small, she was strong. Aithniel loped easily, finding the cave rooms lovely and dense. The smells down here were strong and earthen, but the air was crisp and cool. A room off to the side had some sort of sparkling ceiling, and she stepped in, seeing another standing there.

The mare was tall, big even, with curled red horns and dark hair, and she seemed to be studying the wall. Aithniel looked at the pictures and hummed. She didn't understand them either, but she was able to make out the four gods. Fascinating. How old was her father? "Hi," she introduced herself, finding her more fascinating that the wall.

Art by Aimless-Claims @ DA

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

Phantom's ears twitched at the muted sound of someone moving through the cave system. She could hear whoever it was as they entered the same room she was standing in and the hairs on her back felt like they were rising because she was all too aware of the murderer still running loose. In hindsight maybe it wasn't so smart for her to venture into an underground cave alone. Her body shifted and her muscles tensed as she prepared herself for whatever was coming into the room with her, but she didn't turn as the steps came closer. Let whoever it was come to her so she could plant two large, cloven hooves squarely in their chest.

"Hi."

The pale mare's head turned in the direction of the young voice, her ears tilting forward should the girl say something else. The room was far from well lit, but Phantom could make her out well enough. She had wings with feathers of black and white, two clues that her team of grumpy old men had gathered. But that was where the similarities with the murderer stopped because even though the girl had dark hair it was tipped with gold. The hair they had found had been black.

"Hello." Phantom replied as she turned to face the young girl directly. It was then that she noticed the horns that she sported, which was a very curious feature to Phantom, who had never seen a creature with traits of two different species. "Who are you?" And why are you here alone? Where is your mother? The mare's head tilted as she wondered about the girl being alone.

"."

@[Aithniel]