Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

She was running, running as fast as her little legs could take her. The tiny dark hooves carried her small body across the lush field, the sunrise gleaming against the spotted one's body. Large, delicate wings glimmered brilliantly in the sunlight, the rare particles of color in her butterfly wings catching any glimpse of light possible. She was determined today, ready to do what she was meant to do; fly. Her wings began to flap, slowly but surely as she gained her speed, her knobby legs barely keeping up as she soon began to catch air. Faster and faster she went, unwilling to bow down when she was so close she could taste it. They began to burn, her legs, for she was working them too hard than what they could handle. Her little fluff of a tail flitted out behind her in the breeze, as wisps of it caught underneath her appendages.

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes, the skies the limit for her at this point. With one final flap she lifted, working her wings to the limit in an attempt to catch more air. A gentle breeze caught beneath them, giving her the opportune moment to let herself glide. Success! She had done it, and a tinkling laugh escaped her dark maw, as she felt like she was on top of the world! That was, until she lost her balance and came crashing down to the ground nearby. In truth, she had only lifted up about a foot or so off the ground, but to her it was millions of miles.

Tumbling, her small form landed in a bush of lilac, causing her to disappear from the world, only for a brief moment. She was quick to untangle her gangling self, front hooves finding even ground before bringing the rest of her with them. She could only shake her little fluffy frame, before spitting out a lilac that had found its way to her tongue. Snorting softly, she sighed, figuring that would be enough practice for the day. She hadn't had these wings for very long, but how she had grown to love them and what they represented. Tossing her tiny skull softly she could only beam, bucking playfully and spinning around in a half circle, before breaking into a brisk trot in search of some water.

It wasn't long before she found a small pond, gleaming purples and deep blues in the early dawn. Her hazel eyes gleamed at the gorgeous view, a grin plastered on her maw as she basked in this rare moment that nature had blessed upon her. Taking in a deep breath of fresh air, she made her way to the water's edge, where she finally placed her lips to drink.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Sorry introduction posts aren't always my forte ^^"
TAG: Vincent
WC: 461
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
From the caves, he ran.

An ebony shape of colossal proportions, drenched in sweat, dirt, dust, and filth. He did not stop. He did not rest. Even when each breath was agony and his lungs demanded respite, Vincent did not give it. He pressed on, even when he could no longer run, hooves dragging in the dirt, massive, bulking head held pitifully low to the ground so that his muzzle nearly brushed the earth. Dull, molten-gold oculars stared upon the earth only inches away from his face, but he did not see it.

No. The only thing that crossed the mammoth's vision was the sight of the Hellion Prince, of the Leviathan and destroyer. Abraham. It fueled him, driving him, pushing him until he could scarce walk, think, or breathe.

... Run...

Thoughts were fleeting, lost in an abyss of haze and exhaustion. Thick, ivory feathered legs shook and wobbled with each and very step, tripping over himself and earth alike. It was a miracle that he hadn't fallen to the ground in debilitating fatigue. Every aching muscle, every over-used joint groaned in protest with every dragging step, and shot lungs burned with every jagged, gasping intake of breath. Sweat caked dirt and dust upon his large, hulking hide, turning slick ebony into a crusty, brown-gray coat of mess. He looked like death personified... And Vincent felt very close to it.

In the back of his mind, there was a voice screaming at him to stop, to rest, to take stock of his surroundings and find out just where his panicked mind had taken him... But locations meant nothing to him. Not now. Not in this oblivious mush his mind had become. Perhaps he just needed to find another place to hide. Yes.

The only thing that cut through his panicked litany of nothing was the sound of rushing water nearby. The stallion's swollen tongue pressed upwards against his pallet, dry and dusty, and a body-wracking guffaw of a cough left his lips at thought of water. Water... When was the last time he'd had a drink?

Blinking slowly, Vincent's molten-gold oculars came back into focus, and for the first time since escaping the Heart Caves and the Leviathan, he took stock of his surroundings. It was... Beautiful, in a strange, deceiving sort of way. Where in the Gods was he? A sight, however, caused any question to leave his numb mind. A river. A river. Maybe not a river, but a brook, or stream... Or something. It didn't matter. It was water.

With pathetically slow steps, Vincent dragged his considerable bulk to the edge of the stream, uncaring if any were around to see him. Suddenly, the only thing that his mind demanded was to drink, to quench his insatiable thirst, and sucking in a large breath, the dusty Shire plunged his entire head into the cool water up to his ears. Maw opening, the stallion slurped up the liquid greedily, relishing in the cool essence that coated his tongue, quenched his thirst, swept away the dirt and grime that had collected in his mouth and throat from his mad-dash across Helovia... And savored the coolness that settled in the pit of his stomach, replacing the previous feeling of sick anxiety.

It was only when he was sure his lungs would collapse from holding his breath for so long did Vincent pull his head back out of the stream, letting water dribble from his mouth, tongue lolling about and savoring every single droplet of liquid. Heaven. It was Heaven... At least, until golden oculars spotted the figure a hare's breath downstream. White and spotted, and so incredibly tiny with billowing wings upon her fine, dainty shoulders... But she instilled nothing but terror once again. How long had she been there?!

The giant, a powerhouse of strength and raw muscle, a stallion all of nineteen hands, froze like a deer in the face of a predator, nostrils flaring as a mighty snort pushed itself from his breast. He would not speak... Could not speak.

No... No, not again. Please, not again. His heart couldn't take it.

"S-s-s..." He tried to speak, but nothing came out save a croaking, worn stutter. "St... S-stay b-b-b-ba-a... Ack."

@[Myrrine]

Well if I don't surface soon I may never
And say farewell to this odyssey
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Having quenched her thirst, Myrrine decided she would take the time to watch the rest of the sun rise, and so she took a step back, lifting her head once more to look ahead of her. In all its brilliance the sun blazed like lava, leaving a kiss of orange upon the land for everyone to bask in. Her mouth pressed into a wide grin at the sight, her breathing growing quicker in excitement. She almost didn't notice the behemoth beside her. His steps had been slow, and it wasn't until his shadow covered herself that she finally took note of him at her side. Turning to take him in, hazel eyes widened suddenly as she had to step back, and then look up to see all of him. He was gigantic! Jaw dropping suddenly at the sheer size of him, she didn't know how to respond, especially when he submerged his entire skull into the water. Her ears turned back in slight confusion, skull tilting ever so slightly as she simply just watched at this point. It was then she noticed how matted and dirty his coat was, how even though it looked to be covered in sweat, dirt resided on almost every hair. He looked tired, weak, and he must have been parched if he decided to go head diving.

It wasn't until he noticed her that things had turned strange. It looked as if utter terror coursed throuought his entire being at the sight of her. She couldn't understand why, she was so tiny compared to him, one stomp of his hoof and she would be flattened. The thought caused her to swallow hard, not because she thought he would do anything like that, but because it made her self-conscious of just how dangerous it was for a young filly such as herself to be out her all alone. At the same time, she was deeply worried for this man. He obviously had come out of a very bad situation, and whatever it was that caused him to see her as the enemy must have been absolutely awful. Her expression turned soft then, staring at him kindly as he sputtered, unable to even form a normal sentence in her presence.

He seemed to need so much more than just a good bath and some food right now. No, he needed a friend, someone to show that whatever hurt him didn't make the entire world a bad place. She couldn't just leave him, not like this, that would be simply horrid of her to even consider. So instead she lowered her head, gently gnashing her teeth together to show she wasn't a threat, but merely a foal. Her eyes remained kind, and she kept her distance, tone soft as she finally responded to him,"I won't move Sir. I will stay right here, but I don't want to leave you alone in the state you're in. You look like you need a friend, or even just a nice morning bath." At this point a smile came across her muzzle once again. Her head remained close to the ground, and her dark lashes blinked against her hazel orbs, as she patiently waited for a response, for anything, pleading in her mind for him not to run away. All she wanted to do was help him, she didn't want to scare off any potential friend, especially one that seemed so desperate for one himself.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: I already love him. The feels have begun.
TAG: @[Vincent]
WC: 574
Image Credit

Outcast
Wide, molten-gold oculars eyed the child with obvious nervousness, the rune marring his right eye seeming to spark to life with a dull, resonating glow. His eyes, deep pools of unbridled emotion, also glowed dully, expressing the fact that he was struggling with some bout of intense emotion. One large, dinner-plate hoof slid back from the stream, then another, large muscles twitching and tense and ready to propel the hulking beast from the shoreline, and away from this little winged creature should she prove to be a threat...

All Vincent could see was this youth of white and black, and while she seemed unassuming and innocent given her age... So had Abraham. A youngster when they had first crossed paths in the Threshold of Helovia, the headstrong, demonic colt had grown, and had seemed to have actively sought out Vincent in hopes of separating his head from his neck. No... Just because this creature, this child was young, frail, and tender looking, did not mean that she was safe. He wasn't fooled. The only individuals it seemed he had been around who didn't try and drink his blood had been his brothers... Especially Archibald. Oh, how he yearned for his twin...

... What would you think of me now, brother? Cowering from children?

Dainty spots decorated her coat, and the black brute's faintly glowing eyes roamed the filly's petite frame, over growing muscle and thin, toothpick-like legs. Well, maybe not to her, but to him, many things were small... Soft hazel oculars regarded him with a surprising amount of kindness from beneath dark, elegant lashes, and for a long moment Vincent simply stared unabashedly at her. Gauging her. Wondering when she would gnash teeth in his direction and lunge for his jugular.

And then... The She-demon spoke, and her voice wasn't like that of a demon at all. Soothing, encouraging, refreshing, gentle... Warm. Loving.

Still, the abruptness of her sweet, melodic vocals caused the gargantuan stallion to balk, head snapping upward and hooves scrabbling one step back. 'I won't move, Sir,' she stated softly, comfortingly, as though she was the one in the presence of a frightened colt, 'I will stay right here, but I don't want to leave you alone in the state you're in.' She went on to say more, but it was lost on him. Vincent's mind swam with her words. 'State that you're in...?' Twisting his head, the ebony clad Shire glanced back at himself, taking note of the dirt and grime, sweat and dust, matted his hair. It was only after he looked back to her that her later words seemed to take root within his large cranium. A bath...? A friend? Did she want to be his friend?

His only friend had been his brothers... And even then, that had been fleeting, since he had been certain that She would send them to slit his throat and collect his head. Perhaps, even, only Archibald had been a friend... But he had been blood. He had been more. He had been Vincent's everything.

"I..." Desperately words tried to form themselves from his throat, his deep voice a pitch higher due to his uncertainty, of his fear and extreme anxiety. With the words that tried to form from his lips, the beast's rune and eyes began to glow brighter, and his sides began to heave in panic. What did he say? Should he run? Should he hide? Still, in a fit of rare boldness pushed forth and nurtured by the kind hazel eyes of this uniquely winged filly, Vincent managed to croak out a few more, stuttering words. "I... V-Vincent. My n-n-name is Vincent."

@[Myrrine]

ooc: amg I love them so much I'm dying

Well if I don't surface soon I may never
And say farewell to this odyssey
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Oh, he was a skittish one. As soon as she had spoken he was reeling back in absolute terror. In an attempt to bring comfort to his tortured soul, she took another step back, keeping her head in the same position, her smile unwavering to show him she truly meant how she felt. The golden marking upon his eyes seemed to begin glowing, as did his brilliantly metallic eyes. It caused her own eyes to widen, not out of fear, but fascination and curiosity. What power swelled within him that caused such a feat to occur. Swinging her head to the left, she noticed that her beautiful sun had finally risen, basking them in gentle morning light, and giving her wings a soft sheen that caused her to radiate in an almost angelic glow. She took this moment to close her eyes, to embrace its warmth and let it comfort her frail bones. But she was snapped out of her daydream when words began to escape the gentle giant once again. Instantly she was attentive, ears pricked and eyes focused only on him, their kindness unwavering. With much effort, he finally offered her his name. Vincent.

A breakthrough, one she was relieved to have come across. A soft exhale escaped her, smile showing her relief and warmth as she answered him in her gentle tones, making sure to keep it even and soft,"It's a pleasure to meet you Vincent. My name is Myrrine. Your eyes, they're very beautiful. I wish mine would glow like yours!" Then she giggled, letting the bright chimes leave her lips and into the fresh air. She remained in her place, but she decided she could life her dainty skull off the floor, and look at him full on.

She only hoped that this bold move of hers wouldn't cause him to flee, for she wanted more than anything for him to stay, to for once feel at peace. The look in his eyes, the way his body moved, all of it was a clear sign that his life had not been an easy one. She couldn't help but relate to some extent. Yes, her life had been miniscule compared to his, but a lot had been packed into those six months of her life. Her parents had left her to die as soon as she had been born. Her father wasn't even there at birth. Her mother had been kind enough to give her a name thankfully, before letting her sit to rot. Her only saving grace had been the kind, grey mare who took her in, fed her milk and loved her for who she was. Her blue eyes would forever be imprinted in Myrrine's memory. How sad she had been the first few days she had arrived here, having lost not one, but two mothers.

She was gone, in the world she had come from, left to wonder where her beloved child had run off to. Had she cried like she had? Had she refused to eaten for days, lying about in the fields they had once frolicked, wishing something would come and just kill her off? The thoughts almost caused tears to well in her eyes, but she fought them away, to save for another time. She had more important issues to deal with at the moment, and she didn't know what would happen should Vincent see her sorrow. Would it drive him away too? Letting her mind return to reality, a soft, albeit slightly shaky breath escaped her tiny lungs, before she finally looked back at the pond before them. Taking the time to press her dainty hoof in its depths, she waited, trying to figure out the temperature. A squeal escaped her once he iciness ran up her limb, and she stepped away from the water source instantly.

She looked at the colossal form next to her, eyes filled with fear within themselves. Had her abrupt noise startled him? Had she finally scared him off? Moving to the side to show him she would continue to keep her distance, she dipped her head politely, forcing a sheepish smile upon her features, all in an attempt to hide the worry,"I'm sorry. The water is just very cold. I don't know if it will be cold for you, so maybe we should wait before cleaning up. That is, if you want me to help." Suddenly she felt embarrassed, assuming that this man would let a little foal help him take a simple bath. Her head found its way behind one of her legs shyly, refusing to make eye contact with him. She felt rather stupid now. Her desire to help him had made her come off as a mother hen, and to most stallions that would bruise their ego quite a bit. She had no intention of belittling him, she had only wanted to show that someone could care about him too. It's not like she'd be able to groom much, especially since their size difference was gargantuan in itself. But she would try, perhaps nibble at his feathers to sort out the dirt, rub against his legs like a sponge to let the dirt break away. Anything, she would do anything, all to make him feel better.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: This is what I needed in my life, I just didn't know it yet.
WC: 878
Image Credit

Outcast
Myrrine.

That was her name.

Large ears slowly perked forward as she introduced herself with poise and elegance that Vincent hardly expected a child to know how to use. She proceeded to speak of his eyes, and how they glowed beautifully, and that made the stallion balk a little more. Head raising high, hooves scrabbling at the dirt and grass, the brute snorted fearfully. They did? His eyes glowed? Oh... Oh, of course. He remembered now. In his fear and anxiety, the large beast often forgot his little defect. It made hiding while terrified horribly troubling and damn-near impossible, for enemies and predators could pick him out in darkness with ease.

"M-Myrrine..." He said softly, tongue rolling in his mouth as he voiced the youth's very own name with little stutters, as though tasting the name and trying to place it. Myrrine. Molten-gold oculars narrowed in contemplation.

He would remember her, this little winged she-child. Her voice, her sweet scent, and how when she spoke, Vincent felt like a living soul for the first time in a long time. He'd remember it all.

There was no initiation upon meeting this child, unlike every other youth he had ever greeted. There was no mutilation, no murder, no flashing of hooves and teeth, no fighting that lead to death, no blood for the child to drink... Like when Brother-Knox was born. Vincent visibly shuddered in revulsion and rekindled terror at remembering the day that Knox had drawn his first breath, free of Mandrake's loins. Of how Mother - She - had ordered Vincent to act, to pull forth that wretched halter from the Sentinel and strap it to his young, new-born brother's head.

The brute's large chest began to shudder, his lungs suddenly unable to draw enough breath to fill his frame as his wrought and wretched mind drew him back into that terrible, awful time. Archibald had been his only solace, the only one who loved him for not being a good son. But he had tried! He had always tried! Vincent had always tried to be a good son...

So lost as he was within his own wretched reverie, Vincent was oblivious to how the young she-child, how Myrrine had ventured to the side of the pond once more and had dipped one thin, dainty hoof within the cool morning waters. The squeal that erupted from her tiny mouth caused Vincent to jump, the massive bulk of his body jerking to the right and away from the sound of terror. Of pain. Of agony and suffering and make it stop, make it STOP!

I'll be a good son! I'll be a good son! Stay AWAY!

The words would not come, his breath would not draw, and his heart... His heart continued to beat, even though Vincent wished nothing more than for it to stop. Golden glowing eyes brightened considerably in his sudden bout of memory-driven panic, and Vincent's large, dinner-plate hooves were almost ready to move and run when Myrrine spoke.

She spoke.

And salvation took him.

Like a soothing, minty balm coated by loving hands over a crude, stinging burn, Myrrine's sweet, apologetic voice mollified the black brute's terror, sinking through the sludge-like fear that clung to his mind and wiped it all clean. Her voice, welcome and familiar, caused the stark glow of golden-eyes to dull, until finally there was no glowing left. Only sad, scared molten-gold oculars. Her words didn't register within his mind, not at first, but near the end of her sweet, song-like voice, Vincent understood.

She wanted to help him bathe.

"A-Alright," Vincent choked out, her calmness, her gentleness and kindness pushing him to speak, "You... You c-can help, Myrrine. I d-don't mind." Her help or the cold water that awaited. She was not like the others. She was not like Abraham. Like Mandrake. No... She was far more than they, like Archibald, for she was good. Because of this, he could trust her... He would trust her.

Slowly, as though the water may grab hold of his legs and rip them from his very body, Vincent stepped into the cool liquid, ready to bolt at a moment's notice. It was rather frigid, but he welcomed it, and slowly the hulking beast sank down to his knees within the pond, dirt and filth tainting the pristine water. With a soft, hitched grunt, Vincent shifted so that he was laying halfway upon his side, tucking his thickly feathered legs close to his body. This way, Myrrine could reach his back and withers... Hopefully.

Letting the cold water soak through his being and wash the muck from his black hide, Vincent eyed the she-child once again. Her wings were quite extraordinary, and rather pretty. They suited her. "Do... Do you fly?" He wondered what it was like, to take to the skies and fly like a bird. How very easy it would be to escape danger and troubles.

@[Myrrine]

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

When he spoke her name, he was hesitant, and stuttered at the beginning. She only patiently waited, smile still present as she let him process her name into his mind. He was so timid this one, so scared of the world around them. How such a massive creature could fear so much was a thought that indeed perplexed her, but she wouldn't judge, for everyone had their inner demons. He then fell silent, seeming to go deep into his thoughts. She wouldn't interrupt him, for some needed this time, these moments, to be able to see things clearly.

After a few seconds, the stallion seemed to relax, before accepting her offer and making his way to the waters. Hazel eyes focused on him, she noticed that the glow in his eyes had begun to fade. Curiosity played at her, but she let it sit and pout as she followed him, watching as his bulk sank into the cool depths, causing minor droplets to speckle her already spotted coat. Shivering for only a brief moment she giggled, before making sure he was settled, then letting her hooves meet the edge of the pond. The amount of dirt and debris that floated away from him was mighty, and she couldn't help but suddenly be glad she had suggested a bath. With his shoulders and back to her she took this as a sign that he needed help grooming them, and with the utmost gentleness her velveteen pressed into his inky coat, newly grown teeth slowly nibbling along his spine to rid of any shedding hair.

As her mouth began to work gentle massages into his muscles, her eyes closed to simply relax in this moment. It was comforting, to trust in others and to groom. It was something her mother and her had done every day, just to catch up on the little things that did and didn't do together, and it made her heart fill with warmth that she could share such a moment with another. To pass on the memory, even if he didn't know it. Soon she was moving to his shoulders, taking water and brushing it against her maw, before using it to continue to remove any dirt. He seemed to be taking a huge step trusting her, and she would not take it for granted. She would be kind, gentle, and she would show him that someone could care. For she did, in her own way. She loved the company of others, loved making friends, and she had no qualms making friends with this gentle giant.

Her grooming paused at his question, eyes looking into his patiently, before smiling and shaking her head with an embrassed giggle. She rinsed her muzzle in the water to remove any clinging dirt, before answering him softly, a chipperness in her tone,"Not yet unortunately. These wings are hard to get used to! I had actually been practicing before we met, but I'm sadly nowhere near to soaring high up like the birds." Giggling as she remembered her little tumble with the lilac bush, she returned to her act of grooming. Between each bit of section she was scrubbing clean, she continued speaking again,"I'll get there one day, I'll let you know what it's like when I do!" With another few nips and rubbing, she deemed his back and shoulders to be as polished as she could get them to be. Looking at him she smiled, proudly admiring her hard work.

What she hadn't been paying attention to was where her hooves were leaning, and in her act of inspection her front hoof slipped over the edge, causing her to trip and fall into the pool next to him. A squeal escaped her before she went under, and as soon as she surfaced her lips gaped open with each sputter of breath. Coughing out the rest of the water that flooded her nostrils, she looked to him, utterly soaked, with wide eyes full of surprise. The time ticked away for only a few moments, before she couldn't help but start laughing. Her whole body shook with each chortle, eyes shut tight at the force as she only saw humor in her clumsy incident.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Ugh sorry it's so rambly and crappy, I just really wanted to respond x3
WC: 701
Image Credit