the Rift

[OPEN] Where is all began...

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse

Shadowy figures moved around in the dark cackling dangerously. His heart pounded in rage and defiance as amethyst eyes glared at the colt before him. "Bow to me." Powerful cranium shook slowly. "DO IT NOW!" The colt snarled at him his horned head raised as high as it could reach, not even close to his own height. Stripped for hooves pounded the ground angrily daring him to attack. How dare he demand homage, even go so far as to use force and fear.

The stallion jolted away before the beasts within the shadows could attack. Daemyn rocked to his hooves shaking slightly as the stars twinkled out above him. Shaking his hulking frame the stallion gazed around. 'Good thing I slept out here by myself...' Pushing the thoughts away he walked quietly towards the place he felt most empowered.

Lilac eyes gazed up silently towards the painted sky. The Birdsong morning was beautiful. Lazy pink and purple clouds drifted across the rising sun. The muscular stallion wanted to make the rounds of his home, but the morning was just so amazing it was hard to move away from the cliff. A warm breeze blew his silvery mane and tail away from the powerful neck and rump. Raising his defined head the stud inhaled deeply drawing in the power of nature. How could the nightmare still haunt him, even though it had happened last season? Sighing heavily he braced against the wind drawing all he could from the blast to his face.

Thunder Thoughts
Words:; 251
OOC:; @[Romani] This is our patrol thread and can double as potential baby daddy meeting?
We are gonna see greater heights
They’ll put our names up in neon lights
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

It was morning, and Romani was in high spirits. At her side, Kasai padded along silently, spotted ebony ears flicking to and fro as creatures began to move about in the early-morning light. It seemed that there were more than just she who yearned not to waste a moment of such a wondrous, beautiful day.

"Hopefully the weather will permit a good patrol this morn, my Sweet," the Haflinger stated to the white tigress, who looked back with a rather bored, dull expression. Romani snorted. "Come now, Kasai... It's our duty as warriors, aye? We must partake in the patrols that Archibald assigns us in order to help keep our home safe." Safe. Unlike what had happened to the Windtossed Foothills, how it had been overthrown, and eventually, how it had inevitably collapsed and fallen into ruin. Oh, how her heart still yearned for the rolling plains of the Foothills, of her first Helovian home... But it wouldn't be. It couldn't be, since the Hidden Falls now rested in its stead.

A pity.

'Methinks I miss the roads of travel and life as a nomad, Roma,' Kasai murmured affectionately through their mental link, and her honest words caused the robust mare to sigh. The white tigress continued. 'I enjoy the Edge, and seeing Archibald and Loretta once again, as well as Destrier and Suli... But what are we really doing here? What do you desire?' It wasn't very often that Kasai participated in debates of the heart, or of the soul, for the tigress often found such thoughtful debates tiresome and boring, but regardless Romani wasn't quite sure what to say in response.

What did she desire?

Friends. Family. Love. Loyalty... Companionship. Children. Oh, Gods, how she yearned for children. There was no saying what had happened to young Jasiri, but Romani could only pray that her only daughter was alright.

"We're living, Kasai," Romani responded vocally, finding no reason to speak telepathically with her beloved companion when her own voice worked just fine, "Mirage granted us homage in the World's Edge, and I have no reason to go against her kindness..." Even though that had been a different time, a different world. Back then the World's Edge had been something familiar when under the leadership of Mirage, and while Kaj and Kahlua were both doing admirable, wonderful jobs of leading the Land of Mists in Mirage's stead... It was hardly the same.

... But was it what she wanted? Would Romani, the gypsy, truly be satisfied living the life of a soldier once more?

"Still, Kasai, it's our home, and we're sworn to protect it." As simple as that.

With a smooth, confident walk, the golden-red palomino continued on with their trek, crisp azure eyes focused on their surroundings beneath the veil of ivory forelock. The hearty Haflinger, all bulk and strength personified, moved effortlessly through the trees, having grown used to the dense vegetation and potentially cumbersome footing. Through the trees they ventured, and it was only upon spotting a stranger in the morning mists that caused the duo to pause in their patrol.

A stallion, far taller than she - as most were - , stood in the twirling, dissipating morning mists. A golden colored stud dappled with flakes of ivory, sporting dark points and thick, ivory tresses. His eyes were a marvelous, unique shade of lavender, yet brighter... Like a gem! Yes, like an amethyst gem. How very interesting. He was handsome, again, as most stallions in Helovia were, and his telling scent gave him away as an Edge-affiliated fellow. Then he was a friend, an ally, and she had nothing to fear.

"Hark, good Sir!" Romani called jovially, hoping that her abrupt entrance and call wouldn't startle the stud. "A good morn to you!"

@[Daemyn]

ooc: So terribly sorry for the late reply!

You Ain't Ever Gonna Change
You Got a Gypsy Soul to Blame
And You Were Born for Leavin'

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse

A heavy sigh stole from velvety kissers as amethyst eyes gazed out over the rhythmic waves. Nature sure had a calming affect. The wind seemed to be carrying particles of serotonin. He could almost feel the chemical soaking into his skin, easing his frayed nerves. Well it was until, the a warm voice drew powerful ears back. Listening closely to the sweet voice before pivoting slowly to gaze up, no, down on her. She was so short, and beautiful. Her pelt was a shimmering gold and cream. Sapphire eyes shimmered joyfully up at him. A soft smile coated his face, as thunder rumbled, "Good morning to you Miss. I am Daemyn, it's a pleasure." Dipping his silver haired head the stud smiled shyly at the lady. Would he have to explain to her what rank he held or would she know?

Turning to look beside her there was a stunning white tiger with piercing azure oculars. Dipping his spotted dome in respect his voice rolled forth again, "Hello to you too." The stud turned his gaze quietly back towards the mare once more unsure what to say. Learning how to be social with all genders was harder than he ever would have imagined. Fighting back a hearty sigh Daemyn tilted his large head to the right looking her over curiously. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing up so early?" Was she plagued by horrid dreams as well? Maybe she was up for a much more pleasant reason, like enjoying the stunning sun rise. He hopped for her sake that was the reason why she was up.

Thunder Thoughts
Words:; 270
OOC:; @[Romani] No problem! Sorry it's so darn short!! I just needed to get it up and had to squeeze it out! lol SO sorry about all the tags!! My internet spazed and posted here 4 times!
We are gonna see greater heights
They’ll put our names up in neon lights
[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!