the Rift

[OPEN] I can't teach you to fly [Welcoming]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
“It gets less difficult,” she admitted, almost forgetting for a moment that she was speaking to a child. Though the babe was small of stature, her mind was clearly one of an adult. Her words were those that no child should have to speak, her tone one of a horse that had seen too many sorrows in too short of a time. Kahlua did not divine such thoughts, of course, her own mind incapable of considering such depth, but if she had the capacity to think such things, she surely would have. As for the wings- Kahlua surely had somebody in mind ofr that. “Alysanne will teach you, surely. She’s one of my best friends, and the Moon Doctor at the World’s Edge.” And Kahlua knew, even without Aly there to confirm, that the pegasus would teach this one to fly. Aly had a love for children that the Sunshower lacked.

However, her own pleasure at such a variety of good ideas was dampened when the filly decided that she was not trying to find her old home. Frowning for a moment, Kahlua shifted back and forth as she tried to decide what to do. Fate? Maybe… Kahlua held more belief in the gods than fate, but philosophical conversations were her kryptonite- they brought her to her knees. So, instead of fretting, she took the filly’s hint to move on. “Well, let’s go meet them, then,” she decided, and with a flippant toss of her head, she turned and took off at a slow (but still bouncy) trot.

As the trio travelled along, Kahlua let Khan do most of the work of keeping the child entertained. Swooping around her and sweeping his wings over her back and sides when she would let him, he reveled in the fun that he was having. Surely, it slowed the trip down, but Kahlua did not mind. It gave her time away from home, time away from responsibility and tasks that were pressing down upon her too hard for too long. But eventually they had to come to the border, and to the border they arrived. “Mind the glass,” she said to Myrrine, calling Khan back to her mentally so that the filly would pay attention to where she placed her hooves. Shattered glass still riddled the ground around portions of the glass wall that still stood. It had been brilliant once, a massive barrier protecting the herd, but the darkness had ruined it and she was glad for it.

Whinnying out, honestly hoping that Alysanne might be the one to answer her call, Kahlua returned her gaze to the child. “Well… This is the Edge. You can call it home. I hope you like it.” Stepping aside as she finished walking past the remains of the wall, she left room for the filly to walk by her and explore, if she desired.

@[Myrrine]
Kahlua
only light can drive out the darkness
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

How kind the woman was, her words true and genuine, promising the filly that things did indeed get better. She could only bring a smile to her dark maw, nodding to show she understood. At the mention of this Alysanne her ears perked up out of curiosity, tilting her dainty head and listening attentively. She didn't know what the Moon Doctor was specifically, but she assumed that she was well... a doctor. Looking down to see if Khan was present she nodded, eyes brightening as she began to walk beside the painted lady.

Her hazel gaze shifted suddenly as the blue one decided now was a great time to play. A smile graced her complexion once more as she giggled, tossing her head at each attempt of him swooping down, her teeth snapping at his tail always just as it passed. Giggling erupted from her tiny chest, it tinkling into the day as they neared the Edge's borders. At the sight of the crumbling wall the filly paused her play, looking up curiously and fascinated by the structure. It had obviously once been so beautiful, only to be ruined by something bad. Her hooves began to tread lighter on the littered ground, and with a graceful leap over the small hole, she brought herself back to Kahlua's side, letting her finally see what this place was.

Her mouth opened in awe as a soft, barely audible gasp escaping her lips. Besides the majestic trees towering high above her frame, and the bubbling brook in the distance, should she keep her gaze straight ahead deep into the land, there she would find the ocean. The sun glimmered above it, causing the waters to gleam a brilliant blue, as gulls cried out to one another. With her eyes so wide she drank it all in, feeling the rocks and dirt beneath her delicate hooves, and embracing the misty air around them. It was... breathtaking. How she already loved it all. Closing her eyes, she stopped, taking a deep breath to let the salty air fill up within her lungs. A silence overcame her as she focused deeply within the recesses of her mind.

After what felt like at least ten minutes, the bae opened her gaze back to the world, releasing a soft sigh and looking back up to Kahlua with a brilliant beam,"It's beautiful, I love it here. I'd be honored to call this place home." She giggled lightly, before trotting forward deeper into the land, letting her stride remained bouncy as she embraced everything within her reach. Trotting turned into prancing, which soon turned to frolicking as she worked her way around the area, laughing the entire time and releasing the joy she had. She could tell things would be different here, for the better, and because of that her heart could only soar.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

OOC: Anyone else is welcome to say hi, Myrrine loves meeting new people!
WC: 475
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

A quick, sunny nap was interrupted by the whinny from the border – not too far from the shelter of the tree that Alysanne had chosen for the moment. She had been up most of the night, fretting over the situations she was finding herself in, and was catching up in the moments she could find. Hemlock was snoozing away the day, nestled in the feathers of her folded wings, and barely woke up when she realized who the call had been from and immediately set off towards the broken shards of the glass wall.

“Kahlua!” She called out merrily to the familiar black and white mare, wasting no time at all in closing the gap between them. It had been too long, but then – it was always too long between their visits. Business and politics were priorities, taking away from time that would have been better spent lying in a field of fresh spring flowers and laughing. Well, if not better spent than it certainly would have been a fair alternative!

She bounced forward eagerly to bump her muzzle gently against that of her friend’s, eyes bright as she took in the pair. “So good to see you again my dear. I hope you’ve been well? And Khan too, you’re growing into a fine dragon aren’t you?” Anyone would be hard pressed to remove the smile from her expression in this present mood, that was certain. Green eyes did not miss the small form nearby, however – that of a butterfly-winged filly frolicking in the Birdsong sun. Well, if that wasn’t a sight for sore-eyes she didn’t know what was. “And who’s this?!” To say that Alysanne had a soft spot for foals was a gross understatement, her bright smile softening immediately at the sight. And who's heart wouldn't just melt at such a scene? She did not truly want to interrupt the child’s game, however – such fun she seemed to be having! – so she looked to Kahlua for a response.

[Aly's ears were burning so obviously she had to come say hi <33]

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Golden and teal pelt shimmered in the glorious as the colt pranced in an easy trot. He hadn't really explored his home very much, finding it better, no easier, to stay away in a secluded area. The yearling wasn't sure what had changed to draw him out, maybe t was the fact he could now, half way fly. A bright smile adorned his handsome face at the thought of wind in his feathers. Spreading teal and silver wings happily he imagined he was soaring above the land. He could see the pretty evergreens below, the massive trees, the cliff, and his family roaming below enjoying the day as well.

Voices drew the young brain back to the now. Ears pricked curiously as he slowed to a walk and pulled in growing wings. Chiseled head was lowered as his nostrils quivered drawing in the smell of three ladies. He knew two of them well, one was his Queen the other was his mother's friend. A small smile played over his face as teal and ivy marked legs entered the scene first. Silver eyes fell upon Kahlua, then Alysanne, and finally a very pretty young girl. Her coat was very white, marred only by black spots, legs, muzzle, and stunningly odd white and black striped butterfly wings.

His smile became nervous and shy as he opened his own silvery marked teal wings in welcome, a trick he had learned from his golden King. Dipping his head low to Kahlua he spoke in his slowly deepening voice, "Greeting Miss Kahlua and Alysanne, and to you." He smiled kindly at the new girl silver eyes seeking out her own hazel orbs. "Welcome to the World's Edge Miss." Even though she was clearly younger than himself, Parelia had raised him to be respectful to all, age did not matter. His eyes suddenly shifted to the feathery blue dragon. The youngster was in awe as he gazed at it enjoying the power under the blue feathers.

'Wonderings'"Talking"Words: 330 OOC: Hi! lol His voice<\a>
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

“Perfect,” came the queen’s automatic reply as the child proclaimed that the land was suitable enough to call her home. Letting the child prance and play as she pleased, the Sunshower instead turned her attentions to her loyal friend and beloved Moon Doctor. “Aly!” came her brilliant reply to her name being called out, bouncing forward to meet her friend. There was never enough time in the day, the week, the month for Kahlua to spend as much time with her friends as she desired, but she cherished each moment. Every time she was with her friends, she could feel her sorrows melting away and her depression being driven off by brilliant rays of light.

Returning the greeting of her friend by pressing her muzzle outwards, Kahlua whickered happily. “Oh, I’m getting along Aly. But I get along so much better when you’re near. It’s so nice to see you again!” As for Khan, hearing his name he abandoned his game with the child for a quick moment to flit overhead of Aly. Of course, he did have questionable motives, his eyes darting rapidly as he tried to catch sight of the little bird he would rather call lunch than friend. However, not seeing the owlet, he huffed a dramatic sigh and returned to his game of chase. It would have to do- for now.

“That’s Myrrine,” she explained then. “She was at the Threshold all alone; she doesn’t know how she got here. I told her we might be able to help her get back…” Frowning for a moment at the memory of the child’s words, she finished. “But she said that she felt like fate sent her here, and that she wouldn’t be able to get back where she came from.” Shrugging for lack of understanding, or perhaps in defeat, she added another tidbit with a childish laugh, looking to the ground in sheepishness. “I told her you might be able to help her learn how to fly. I can’t, of course!” And then her sheepishness turned into a brilliant chortle, her blue eyes rising from the ground to see what Aly thought of the notion.

“Greetings to you too, Ilios,” she managed to spit out, through happy laughter, nodding her head to him in return, but otherwise letting him go. It was clear that his intents were on the filly that she had brought to the Edge. Why interrupt his ventures? Khan thought Ilios was better suited to spending time with him and the filly as well. Swooping low over his teal wings, Khan cawed and tried to draw him into the game of chase and tumble that was going on.

@[Myrrine]
Kahlua
Image Credit

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Her frolicking soon ceased at the approach of another paint, her wings gracefully placed upon her sides. A wide smile came across her maw, and she paused the play she was having, ready to head over. She of course stopped when another one appeared, but he was different. Standing with brilliant teal wings spread out in greeting, was a yearling colt, designs lacing his beautiful silver eyes and a dark horn adorning his forehead. Stopping in her tracks Myrrine stared, dumbfounded. Her heart thudded in her chest, looking him over as he first greeted the older women, before shyly looking to her and bowing his head.

"Welcome to the World's Edge Miss."

His drawl was enough to send her falling. She hadn't noticed until that moment that she was staring, her face burning hot beneath her ivory coat, and she had to look away, swallowing hard and shyly pawing a hoof at the ground. How rude she was being, not responding to his kind greeting. But for some reason her tongue wouldn't function right in this moment. Only when Khan excitedly fluttered over the young boy's head did her mind return to reality, where she dipped her head politely to him, smiling a sweet smile and finally managing to speak,"Thank you so much for your welcome! Please, call me Myrrine, it's a pleasure to meet you, was it Ilios?" She recalled before she went in her little state of dumb that the queen had addressed him as that name, or something of the like.

Seeing that Khan was still fully intent on playing the game of chase, she half reared, giggling and beginning to trot after him. Her legs would lift her off the ground in small skips and leaps, as she attempted to bring her nose to the edge of the dragon's feathers. The game was a fun one, and she had never had the opportunity to really play with others. Pausing from her pursuit, she looked to Ilios with yet another sweet smiling, calling to him,"You're welcome to come join us! I'm just trying to catch Khan's tail. Oh!" Skidding to a halt she turned, abruptly bounding over to the other two with a large grin. Looking up at the new girl she dipped her head in greeting, piping up once more in her cheery tone,"I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Myrrine, it's a pleasure to meet you! Are you the Alysanne that Queen Kahlua had mentioned earlier?"

Her skull tilted to the left slightly, ears pricked forward as upon her back her wings fluttered, most likely by themselves at this point, she still had no idea how to control them. Her tail swished lightly behind her, before a bird suddenly caught her attention. Whipping her head swiftly to watch it fly she laughed, momentarily forgetting about her conversation and bolting off in a game of chase. As she passed by Ilios, her muzzle reached out in an attempt to bump his shoulder, encouraging him to follow suit. His scent filled her nostrils because of how close she had gotten while running past, and she couldn't help but feel tingly in her belly. She didn't understand why her stomach or her head suddenly felt this was, but she liked it, and she only continued on her chase after the bird, hoping the colt and Khan would join her.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

OOC: I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist Myrrine getting all goofy over Ilios. He is quite handsome after all :P
WC: 565
TAG: Alysanne
Image Credit

She could feel it, feel her worries fade far away just being in the presence of Kahlua. Alysanne wished that they could find more time for each other – perhaps with more council from her friend she would find herself in fewer sticky situations.

But Kahlua’s call did not only reach her ears but that of a familiar colt as well. The growing (when did he get that tall!) son of Parelia joined them and she watched with well-mannered amusement as he used a trick with his wings to greet them. “Hello Ilios! So good to see you again.” Such a well-behaved colt! Parelia had done a wonderful job with raising him, to be sure. And he wasn’t the only well-spoken foal around here, it would seem. As his attention turned to the filly, her own was focused back on her dear friend. She could hardly believe it as Kahlua explained the situation where she had met the young filly.

“Fate sent her here?” Alysanne repeated the words with a wild grin, shaking her head in disbelief. “She’s barely two seasons old and she speaks as though she were twelve years!” Emerald eyes could not stay away from the young foals for long – and that smile would not fade from her expression. “Something tells me she’ll fit just right in. I would be delighted to help her learn how to fly! Our wings may be different but it should be about the same principals. Maybe I’ll have an assistant to help me in the lessons as well.” The pegasus chuckled warmly as she looked at the foals. The two seemed to be rather taken with each other right off of the start – a handsome pair, she couldn’t blame either of them!

“I am! It’s so nice to meet you Myrrine, you have the most beautiful wings.” She managed to get at least that out before the girl was distracted by a bird and Aly watched with nothing short of delight as Myrrine took off with a spurt of bright laughter and energy. Oh it was so good to hear the laughter of foals! It made Alysanne’s heart soar just like that little bird. So easy to imagine the world as a perfect, wonderful place when in the company of babes. She itched to join in their game but, at least for this round, she felt as though it would be a good idea to let those that were young play.

@[Ilios]

made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
The colt stood proudly head held high as he pulled large wings back to his sides. Lips pulled up at Kahlua's laughter causing a chuckle of his own to escape. How was laughter so contagious? 'Who cares!' it felt good to laugh, to relax and enjoy the moment. Silver eyes turned to his Queen and Alysanne not wanting to be rude, even though he was drawn to the younger girl. His draw sounded warmly, "It's been to long." Reaching out his muzzle he hoped the older mare would return his affection. After she accepted or rejected he did the same with Kahlua, then pulled away. He was slightly saddened that he had not spent more time with his mother's friends. It had been hard for him to be around anyone really. The colt had spent most of his time away from other, besides his mother. That was going to have to change now he was growing older. It was harder to hide his larger frame than it had been when he was younger.

The spotted girl's pawing drew ears up curiously his neck arching slightly, maybe not even enough to notice. As she inquired his name his own voice rumbled out, "Yes ma'am, excuse me for not saying my name."g his golden head slightly regretting his rudeness. The boy longed to stay and listen to his elders to see what they had to say about the pretty girl, but the blue dragon did not have such ideas in store for him. As the dragon swooped low over head the colt lifted his wings pretending to swat at the feathery reptile.

It was so hard to play, having never done it; besides in quite glens with Parelia or Penna. Listening closely to Aly gave him an excuse to put off the strange invitation. Gulping as she finished and Myrrine invited him once more to play he watched her draw to a halt, heart pounding nervously. 'She sure is scatter brained...'oughts didn't have ill-intentions, just confusion. Suddenly she was running in his direction. He stiffened unsure what to do, until her scent flooded him. Everything slowed down for a minute as her sweet flowery aroma flew over him. Nostrils quivered eyes followed her movement easily. He accepted her touch easily; without thought. Giving her a few moments head start the stallion reared pivoting easily, in the air to chase after the black speckled filly.

Wonderings TalkingWords:|OOC: His voice<\a>
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Sometimes when she watched children dance and play, it was easy for her to pretend that they were not so frightening as they really were. It was easy to let her mind drift away from the fact that they needed care and love, attention and responsibility that she was not willing to offer. But at least she need not worry over the intricacies of such philosophical thoughts. Alysanne was here, and making conversation at that. Gently returning the colt’s advance, she extended her nose before watching him run off, answering her Moon Doctor in time.

“She’s braver than I am, I think,” the queen responded with a chuckle- and that was true. How many fears had she faced in the year when she had wandered between Avalon and Helovia? How many times had she run from noises, danced away from shadows, and did her best to avoid anything that sounded even mildly dangerous? Would she have been so accepting of Helovia if she had been thrust here suddenly, without warning? Surely not. “Oh, to fly, Aly,” she mused with a happy grin. She had gone flying once, of course, on the wings of a cloud around the floating island, Nasreen flapping her wings gallantly beside. Still, she supposed it would never be the same as actually flying.

Calling Khan back to her, encouraging him to give the children a break so that they might introduce themselves as they were trying to do, Kahlua stepped back to make room for them. Just because she did not want any of her own did not mean she should deny Aly the pleasure of being in their company. Wincing slightly as the dragon landed on her back, she still could not help but smile as his happy draconian hum invaded the forest air. For now, she let Aly take the lead, as it seemed the children’s questions were directed towards her.

@[Myrrine]- omg, worst post evar, so sorry for the delay x.x
Kahlua
Image Credit

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Another giggle escaped her as she only continued speed, working her little body to the limit all in the name of fun. Her limbs curled beneath her with each prance, but soon the fun was shortlived as Khan returned to the call of Kahlua. Swiveling her crown to face the trio further off, her hooves dug into the soil as she halted once more, looking from them to Ilios, awaiting to see what he would do. He seemed as if he was just about to join in the fun as well. A frown placed itself delicately upon her muzzle, before she was working herself back over to the two mares at a much calmer pace, smiling brilliantly at the colt as she did so. Her eyes met his briefly, causing her stomach to twist suddenly, before she was shyly turning back to look where she was going. She didn't know why she was acting so strange around him, he was just another new friend. She had no need to be so silly! Mentally shaking her head she let that smile radiate off her once more, coming to a stop between the ladies and looking at them pleasantly.

"Forgive me for bolting off before letting you finish! Everything is just so new and exciting," she giggled, her face warm in embarassment. She really had to start minding her manners. She was a young lady, and she was going to act like one. Her little tail flicked lightly at her hips, and wings fluttered softly upon her back as she watched the women, face ever beaming with the joy of this moment. It felt right somehow, to be here, to be talking so casually with them and romping about between the trees. It warmed her from head to toe at the thought, and thinking about it more, she realized that perhaps she would do well here after all.

"Thank you, by the way, for your compliment. I still have to get used to them though," she spoke, responding finally to Aly's response about her wings. Concentrating for a moment, her brow furrowed and mouth angled to the side she looked like she was trying to have a staring contest with the ground. In truth, she was trying to find the new muscles that worked her wings, and after much work and plenty of weird ways of her face contorting, they slowly fluttered, evenly and deliberately, before finally coming to a stop. She huffed a huge amount of air, gasping as if she had just run a marathon. Taking a few more deep breaths she nodded as if to acknowledge her achievement, before looking to the two women with a bright smile once more.

"Speech"
Text
Thought

OOC: Crappy post is crappy.
WC: 451
TAG: @[Alysanne]
Image Credit

“Oh now I wouldn’t say that.” She countered Kahlua’s thought with a warm smile. She did not think it true that the filly was braver than her friend, though there was certainly a great deal of courage in the young one. Alysanne thought a great deal of the mare that stood beside her now and would not hear anything of the negative sort. Especially not while she was in bright of a mood, rejuvinated by the young ones they watched over. “If only I could let you borrow my wings for a day my dear! It is a treat, though I much prefer keeping my hooves on the ground whenever I can.” It was spoken softly, for the ears of her friend and not for the foals (a disinterest in flying hardly suited the idea of a teacher).

The young filly returned to them in time, leaving the game at least temporarily to react to the compliment that had been paid. “It’ll come in time, you must build up your strength! You’re still young and so are your wings.” Alysanne watched with a warm, patient smile as the little filly focused so desperately on making those wings move. And for all her concentration she was indeed rewarded with a slow, even movement. They would have to flutter a great deal faster in order to achieved altitude but it was certainly an achievement. “Oh good job, dear!” Alysanne’s face lit up at the little accomplishment, praising it as though Myrrine had flown a mile! The little victories counted so much. “I’ll tell you what, you’ve had a big day already today but starting tomorrow morning we can practice flying together - my wings could use a good stretch.” She confided with a wink. Flying had never been Alysanne’s area of expertise, she had forsaken the lessons with her mother and sister in favour of learning about plants on the ground. Even now she was a little shaky in flight and even shakier on the landings. “Maybe young Ilios would care to join us as well?” She questioned the colt with a smile. It would be good for someone close to Myrrine’s age to join them in the lessons and perhaps give Ilios a chance to practice as well. “And soon enough you’ll be able to fly clear over the tops of these trees!”

She remembered well the feeling of joy that came with teaching little Arty to fly, the delight in a child’s eyes when they completed that first flawless trip! If she could help Myrrine with that, to be sure Alysanne would do everything that she could.

@[Ilios] (eep sorry for the double tag!)

made by the lovely tamme