the Rift

[OPEN] Making the Rounds

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
-- continuation of What Can I Do? --

“I bet you'll be surprised just how many will want to see you. Come on, sweetie.” Alysanne waited until her friend was at her side before turning away from the garden and moving off into the Edge. She picked an easy pace, they weren’t in any sort of rush, and truthfully she was a little worried that Res might back out of this plan. It wouldn’t be so bad once they got the first one over with – she hoped they would find several friendly faces today – but until then… well, she was just going to have to wait and see.

Hemlock stayed on his new throne quite well, doing his best not to cling too tightly and spinning his head around occasionally to keep an eye on Valiance.

He rather hoped for a temporary truce but there was no telling with the lizard whether it would be held up.

Her wings tucked neatly at her sides, emerald eyes scanned the Edge for any flicker of life that they could gravitate toward. It wouldn’t take long, she figured, before they found someone to talk to... or someone found them. She just loved doing things like this, walking around and talking to whoever she could find, and she really hoped that it would help Resplendence out. After all, her need for social calls really wasn't what was important here.

Oh, Alysanne had already decided that she would check on her friend more often from here on out (and ask a few others to do the same when she wasn't around) but there was a whole herd of friends just waiting to be made.

and the first contestant on The Friendship is Right: @[Thor]! Come on down!
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Say you love me to my face, I need it more than your embrace

Just say you want me, that’s all it takes
The day was bright and new, quite different from the night before. I had shared the witching hours with Evangeline and yet her image still clung to mind in such a heavy fashion that I was unsure how to be rid of it. I was quite torn between my emotions for her, restless and nervous even from deliberating her words and actions. I had wanted the sun to bring reprieve but it had only shone truth and longing, a painful mixture of fearful fact that I did not want to face.

The Edge was awake now, humming softly to me as her mists curled about my hooves. I had taken to the borders in hopes of finding solace in routine or monotony but it only served to make me impatient and so I had abandoned my reckless attempts at distraction. However, upon making my way back to the land’s wide heart, I spotted a vaguely familiar face off to my left.

If I remembered correctly, her name was Alysanne. I was not particularly fond of the thought of conversation but soft words of encouragement from my consciousness gave me reason to approach the mare and friend. They were most certainly a vision of beauty (though not so much in the wake of Eva) and I did wonder what had brought them out this late in the day.

Something in the way the paint’s curious eyes searched the shadows made me believe they were in fact looking for someone, even if I couldn’t imagine who. Slowly and without much rhyme or reason, I approached the pair with my head dipped low in greeting. “What are you two up to?” I questioned with a knowing smile.

The mare opposite Alysanne was one I’d seen but once since my return to Helovia and I allowed her an inquisitive grin. She was unlike anything I’d ever seen, a pearly colored mare with a single ear. “Alysanne, it’s nice to see you again,” I offered to the Moon Doctor. “I’m Thor,” I finally allowed to her friend. Surely their intentions would be revealed… and perhaps I could return to my brooding. However, their company might just be a good thing- at least I wouldn’t be festering over Evangeline and her uncanny tendency to drive me mad.
Thor & Evangeline
I want to feel burning flames when you say my name

@[Alysanne] @[Resplendence]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Aly spoke, though most of the words seemed to go in and out of Res's ears. She heard but could not accept what her friend was saying. She sighed, explaining how Quil was gone and then froze as Hemlock shot toward her poll, curling up and letting out a small hoot.

It was Valiance who let out a small hiss, somewhat annoyed that his normal nesting spot was being taken up. But, if it eased the pain that Resplendence was feeling from believing she was alone he would allow it - for now. Alysanne wrapped her friend in a hug before saying that they should leave. And, when they finally pulled away from the canopy she listened to the last few words. "I won't be surprised at how many want to see you." Res mumbled, taking her place at the painted mare's side.

She was broken, she had accepted that. And, really, she doubted many even wanted to be around her at this point. Alas, the trek was not long before another appeared. What seemed to be jokingly inquired filled the air before he said his hello to Alysanne and offered his name. Valiance, having been flying above me shot down so that he was upon the ground before me. And, as if to be sure that Thor knew he was present, let out a small puff of smoke a few clicks. "Pleasure. I'm Resplendence and this is Valiance," she whispered quietly (forever uneasy), not sure how to answer the question which he had posed. Oh yes. You see, we are out wandering because Alysanne wants to prove that others don't mind being around me. It's completely normal, I promise.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Alysanne
Well it wasn’t very hard to forget the face that was coming forward now! Alysanne had only met the very tall Thor once but his size paired with his gentle nature had ensured that he stuck within her mind – he had been someone she rather looked forward to meeting again if the chance came. And here it was! She stood near to Resplendence – close enough that she could brush the other mare with the feathers of her wings with just the slightest of movements but refrained from hugging too close to her friend. Her companion was already sitting atop Res’s head, after all, no further contact was likely needed.

The whole point was to get her to feel comfortable and Alysanne had been told off for her hovering methods enough times in the past to not stand here and nudge the pretty dun the entire time like she so dearly wanted to.

Attentions were on Thor for the moment, however, as he came over and greeted them both kindly. “Oh Thor! It’s nice to see you again as well. How have you been?” She wondered what had happened to Rekshana, it had been a while since she had seen the mare.

Oh those pesky wandering thoughts! Luckily Valiance doing his show of dominance and her friend's soft voice kept her grounded in the current conversation. Well, at least she had said hello!

Alysanne only just managed to stop herself from explaining the whole plan to their new companion. Not only might it sound silly, repeating it again, but more importantly it might provide a source of embarrassment for her friend and that was decidedly against the point of what she wanted to achieve. A less expansive answer to the earlier question of what they were up to, and a little bit of a conversation piece, was definitely the better direction to take. “Resplendence here has been holed up taking care of the herb garden and I thought it was time for her to stretch her legs so we’re just out enjoying the day.”

@[Thor]

Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

I’d spent time with a number of creatures, all of various natures and walks of life, and Alysanne was similar to a ray of absolute sunshine. She tended to most everyone with a smile and never had I seen her frown. Perhaps it was her attitude that pressed her toward greatness… I was most glad to share a spare moment in her company. But I’d seen something else within those eyes of green. It reminded me of a nervous tick or perhaps a hidden agenda. Whatever it was, I did hope that she’d be out with it soon enough.

Resplendence appeared a more timid mare of proper manner. However, her companion was certainly cut of a different cloth… I’d barely ended introduction when he came swooping down from the skies above, huffing and quivering like an animal twice his size. But I’d encountered dragons such as he and did little more than smile at his show. After all, it had been Tallis who’d acquainted me to the haughtiness associated with their species… There yet lay a patch of new fuzz at my back growing in place of once burned hair. “Nice to meet you both,” I warmed while nodding to the mare and dragon in turn.

Alysanne, unaffected as she was by Valiance and his antics, ignored the dragon and was quick to remedy the silence born between us. “I’ve been well, quite well actually. How have you fared since last we met?” I questioned lightly. From what I could see, the paint mare had orchestrated their outing with intent- one I was still quite unsure of. She’d even had to bite her tongue to keep from squandering the secret at hand.

Now certainly there was more to the story than two mares out “enjoying the day”.

I see…” I mused on a quiet laugh before turning to face Resplendence with bright, caramel colored eyes. “The Herb garden- what do you grow there?” I inquired on a breath. I’d never quite learned the ways of the “healer” despite the fact that some time ago I’d actually been one. It had been short-lived, but an experience nonetheless. “You know, I used to desire a hand in the trade… But as you can see I certainly didn’t possess the rumored ‘green thumb,’” I smiled. Perhaps Resplendence would relax if I gave her something of comfort to talk about… Though it still didn’t quite answer the question as to why they both appeared to know something I did not.
Thor & Evangeline

OOC| So SORRY for the wait!

Resplendence

He said that it was nice to meet the two of them, nodding to Res and Valiance as he settled back upon her poll. Asking questions, saying that he was well. But, of course Alysanne's answer as to why they were both out there was not too convincing. Yes, we are out 'enjoying' the day because it's just so 'lovely'. Hah. Nope. Aly's just pushing a lost cause, because she wouldn't get it through her skull that most others just didn't tend to want to be around her.

Still, he moved on, asking what was grown in the garden. "H-herbs. Mostly medicines for minor injuries. Also a few poisons, in case if there is an attack…" Quiet eyes shifted around, back and forth, back and forth. Most wouldn't understand the names and she had too many of them, really, to start to list them off.

A pause, slightly awkward. "Not all of it is about growing… it's about taking the time to recognize them and know h-how to use them." No, he wouldn't understand. Most didn't. She couldn't expect anyone to understand the time and care that she placed into these herbs. Not when they had others to nurture and grow. But these were all that she had left and she wasn't about to lose them. They gave her some kind of chance. They gave her a new start. And, without this chance, this new start, she didn't know what she was even going to do with her life. She didn't know where to start again...

When I'm ready to fall
With love

Alysanne
Hemlock, a little frustrated at not being introduced, maintained his perch beside Resplendence’s lone ear and eyed this new foe carefully. All stallions were the enemy, as far as he was concerned, especially tall friendly ones. What could he be up to? The usual, steady stream of grumblings from the little owl fogged up Alysanne’s mind so that she nearly missed the answer she had been given to her question! Luckily, there were more pressing things for her to focus on to not pay her companion’s complaints too much attention.

Such complaints weren’t exactly few and far between, you know!

Trying her very best to act normal and not as though she had an ulterior motive (it wasn’t going very well), Alysanne beamed back at Thor and responded in kind. “I’m glad to hear you’ve been well, I’ve been the same! Trying to keep busy, I’ve been in Helovia for two years and I still keep finding new things to marvel at.” There was always something to do, someone to talk to, or just something new to explore! Alysanne could not even remember the last time she found herself bored. Even the little naps or restful periods she snatched here and there were quite wonderful all on their own. But listen to her, rambling away in her own mind.

Which was, more or less, part of the plan. Let Thor and Res talk a little bit, see how they got along. The easy, bright manner of the tall stallion was just perfect to get them started on their day. She listened as the two exchanged a little about the herb garden, silently enjoying the fact that someone other than her thought it was an interesting thing to have around. Certainly not “useless”.

She always thought it was privately entertaining how the sweet, quiet mare grew dangerous poisons in her garden. Oh, the application for them was understandable (though not something that Alysanne quite agreed with on a personal level) but the idea of poison and Resplendence just did not fit together for her. The dun mare was a healer, after all! Right down to her core.

Alysanne was trying not to interfere with the conversation too much, she really was, but getting a couple sentences out of Resplendence was a triumph enough that she figured it was safe to step in. Still with that bright, sunshine smile as she did what she thought was helping. Though perhaps time (and Respendence) would be able to tell if that was actually the case! “I’ve been learning so much under Resplendence’s guidance, she knows more than anyone else I know about the plants you can find around Helovia.” Which was true! “I’m sure you’d be more than welcome to come visit the garden sometime if you ever felt like learning a little.” Green eyes slide to Res, the invitation light and hopefully not something that would be frowned upon too severely. She had mentioned how no one came to visit, did she not?

Hopefully with some sort of confirmation that a visit would be welcome - or at least tolerated - by her sweet friend, she looked back to Thor and added with a light laugh. “Doesn’t hurt to have a bit of green knowledge even without a green thumb!”

@[Thor]

Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
made by the lovely tamme

I wasn’t quite sure why Resplendence would feel the need to fear me, but the catch in her voice and the way she cowered made me think that I’d done something to frighten her. I didn't try to make up for the distance between us and instead nodded quietly as she related the bounties of her trade. I certainly didn't try to press her for more and instead guided my stare back toward Alysanne in hopes that she would be able to remedy the situation before things got out of hand. I wasn’t aware of Resplendence’s tolerance threshold and guidance of any form would greatly help in shaping the rest of our conversation. However, I was quite taken aback when she admitted to growing poison in her garden… I had a hard time swallowing the image of innocence and death merged together on one spoon. In a way, I was left feeling surprised and enamored simultaneously. Perhaps the Edge had developed a bite that I’d been unaware of and when tested, she would defend her honor quietly.

Then I trust their application is in capable hands,” I replied softly. “I’d love for you to show me the garden someday soon,” I added on a shallow breath. While I was quite entranced by the idea of a poisonous plant growing right here in the Edge, I was quickly diverted from the task by the soft rumbling of what appeared to be a small owl. I’d nearly missed his presence, despite the fact that he was perched atop Resplendence’s poll and more than worthy of introduction. I glanced quickly to the fowl before smiling at him and Alysanne in turn. Were it not for the curious eyes gazing back at me from behind a single rose-colored ear, I would have thought Resplendence an isolated individual. However, she did seem to possess a natural talent for attracting any and every creature to her side… or head, if one wanted to see it that way.

With a soft smile still turning my lips, I shifted back toward Alysanne in hopes of reviving the tense conversation. True to her nature, she was all optimism and happiness, and true to mine, I gladly latched on to the bone she'd tossed. “I’m sure that you will continue to find new things to marvel… Helovia is an ever-changing land and one that I am glad to call home,” I related jovially. I was glad for Alysanne’s ability to mediate and counsel Resplendence through whatever troubles she seemed to suffer. I hated to imagine such a stunning creature would be so plagued by anxiety or fear… Perhaps that was why the Moon Doctor felt the need to accompany her in her endeavors, though I was surprised to hear that Resplendence was actually the one doing the teaching.

If Alysanne had learned from her friend how to tend the herb garden, then why was I compelled to think it was the other way around? Surely Resplendence’s talent and wit would give her something to be prideful about… Then again, how was I to know much of anything? I’d been gone for far too long and I’d neglected to expand my horizons upon my return. For that, I was guilty… but I prayed that I would continue to learn of my family and their diverse cultures. Perhaps it would be a good way of regaining my own confidence... “Most certainly! I don’t think it would hurt me to learn a few of the herbs. Besides, I think it could be useful…” I smiled in response to Alysanne. With a shy glance cocked toward Resplendence, I attempted to silently plead for her approval. If anything, she couldn’t exactly say no to a curious man like myself.

After all, I was definitely not a threat to her... In fact, I was supposed to be her friend.

I promise I’ll try not to butcher their names as long as you promise to teach me a healing salve,” I stated with a grin now directed at both mares. As long as the offer was on the table, the least I could do was indulge them and myself. I had acquired a magic for healing mental instabilities, so why not learn a few tricks to go with it?
Thor & Evangeline

Resplendence

He said that he trusted the poison to be in capable hands. Highly amusing considering how no one ever seemed to think that Res would even be the one to mess with poison in the first place. She only nodded, a gentle nod. There was a soft smile from his lips - something meant to keep her at ease, before things continued to slip from his maw.

Yes, Helovia was wide - but it was far more filled with terror than joy, and she couldn't quite understand how one could see it any other way. At least not at the moment. At least not when she still wanted to crawl back to her garden, yank up some poison, and swallow it all. Quilyan wasn't back. He wasn't coming back. She was alone. And no one even wanted her here anymore. She was better off gone, better off having never existed.

Yet, the words that slipped from her mouth said he could try to join in on the garden. He said he would try not to butcher their names as long as she taught him a healing salve. She nods, swallowing once before allowing a few more words to fall from her lips. "Can teach you a f-few." she whispers, gaze continually dropping to the ground out of respect for the stag before her before. "D-depends on what y-you want to h-heal... Bu-but yes, I can m-most definitely t-teach you a few s-salves for your own use.... it shouldn't be t-too h-hard..."

Oh, wasn't it a lovely life?

When I'm ready to fall
With love