the Rift

[JUDGED] Dragon Fire [Cetan Challenge]

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

How dare he! HE WILL BURN IN HELL! A roar echos across the floating isle. In its center flashes about at hot paces a golden rage. Earth eyes burn with a ferocity of a hundred flames, and horns flash in full display of their danger. Tossing them about in the rage which powers him like a hurricane the golden beast canters about the training grounds. The sandy terrain spits and sprays sand about to match the inner storm of fire and wind. All is a blaze till that golden mind spins to a justified punishment. That little runt who had tried to pathetically to touch that which the gold kept close would pay for his crimes. He would see what power and might his stupidity lost him, and feel it come to bear on his own flesh. Sliding to a stop, with sand and white hairs tossing about, the gold halts. Sides heaved and heart already pounded, his blood burned with the fire of his temper, and it yearned to let it loose. To set another ablaze, even at the cost of tearing itself to sear their flesh. Yes, let the run pay for his insolence, and foolishness at trying to touch the gold’s prize. Let all see that nothing but wrath and ruin awaited those who dare cross the golden son.

Tossing his head, a cool wind seeps under his next to touch the burning skin. It cannot even send a child down his spine, for all the gold can feel is the burning fire in his core. Nares catch the air of the late afternoon, searching for he who would rue this day. Nothing about the creature is caught. No matter, the fire within the gold was powerful enough to blaze out the warning. “CETAN!” Low, rough and blazing into the air hotter than the fires of hell the gold calls out. Oh but the inferno inside him can no longer be contained, even to wait. Cloven hooves flash out in a high two pace about this sandy plain. “Get out here you scum!” Liquid gold, burning with madness rounds about the arena. It was a madness. A rage uncontrollable and exploding beyond proportions. The stealth had failed, and all ended well, but the gold could see no sense. He would know no end, but the deepest regret of that creature that he EVER tried to touch what the gold possessed. His blood would spill upon that silver armor and he would bend to the golden’s fire.

Stomping to a stop with a snort the gold cannot even stand the wait of a few seconds very long. He needed to feel the vengeance of crashing bodies and screams. But the seconds did give the Edge’s sneak a blessing. A maliciously set plan written in the flames of his mind evolved. Sneaks were always sneaky, creeping and crawling. What if that low life did not show his face? Or bowed it in lewd of punishment. A cloven hoof lifts and slams to the ground, sending reverberations echoing in the sands and his body. An explosion of hot temper came against the thought, that little shit could not escape that easily. The gold would have command of this creature on this day. Whether bending to force or order that little sneak would not escape. No, there would be no escape, and delay was only costing him further anger.

Another roar echoes across the landscape like a dragon calling in the flames of war. “You will know what hell awaits those who cross me!” His blood would taste that steel, of this the gold was certain. It was time to show him just fully what ferocity a true wielder of a sword and flame could show. “Aduial,” he spoke in a harsh ember of a whisper. The circlet about the top of his head began to shiver, then matching its bearer, exploded out into its fully form, curving over back and body. Heat from his body seared at the metal and sweat already lathered like smoke about him. The heat did not burn the gold though, for it flamed from inside. It possessed him, pushed him, and would not rest till it saw the bent will of the creature that ever underestimated that golden son. “FIGHT RUNT! Or accept your place and task.” Wind whipped about that armored head, tossing those white locks across his vision. Nothing though could blind him to what he sought. That inferno could only be quenched by the blood of another or their recompense. That golden son, burning as hot as his twin in the sky roared out like a dragon in its keep. This creature would see dragon fire in the sky, and would burn.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: Continued after Cetan's attempt to steal Thranduil's armor.
TAG:: @[Cetan]
WORD:: 790
ATK:: 0/4
DEF:: 0/1
Injuries:: None
Summary:: Thranduil, with armor open and displayed, taunts Cetan to come out.
Setting:: On the floating isle training grounds in later afternoon. The sun will not set during battle, but can affect sight towards the end. Wide sandy fighting area. Sand has fairly decent traction, but can be slipped in. Fairly gusty wind from the west.

CONDITIONS:: In order to fully seek his revenge the battle has the following additional conditions. Though default is allowed, it will be an acceptance of a task set by Thranduil. Cetan will have until the last sun of autumn to make, steal, or find a sword or spear, and give to Thranduil. This can also be obtained OOCly through items, this equaling a medium item. If these conditions are not satisfied by the last sun of autumn, Thranduil has full right to Cetan's head (another spar without the option to default). These conditions must be agreed by Tribs (who wanted to see the post above before deciding).

Credits: Image by FROSTIE!

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR the Gentle Heart

Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down

My hooves had yet to touch the ground of battle for some time now, but I was yet stronger… yet wiser than before. Age had given me patience and knowledge, both things I was certain this impetuous Basin creature knew naught of. I had heard his cries for blood, tilted my own ears into their pitch and smiled. I was slow to respond though for I was but a gracious guest to his ring of fiery negligence and self-destruction.

Muscles rolled evenly beneath my skin and for the first time in years, I felt alive. I hadn’t called upon the magic gifted to me by the Earth God since Tamira’s death and it did take some time to summon, but eventually it flickered to life. It filled me slowly and coursed through my bones with a thickness that made me feel whole, bursting with sensation abound. Inside there was another entity altogether, breathing and touching and caressing my soul with light, feathery kisses. Warmth raced across frozen flesh and delved inward, lifting me to new and amazing heights.

Even now, I could hear the bitter echo of the ghoul’s taunting and yet refused him reply. He thirsted for blood and battle and I did not, but I was aware of my responsibility as a Specter. My pupils were in my charge and I would see them protected, no holds no bars. If it came down to sacrificing my body for their toils, I would fall a proud martyr for their sins.

The sun’s weak rays added fire to the warmth of magic and the eagerness for combat. Though it was late in the day, shadows had yet to fall before me and I thanked the Gods for their mercy. I was not a weathered brute like Archibald the Dauntless and feared the restrictions darkness posed in a fight. I had determined that it would come down to wit and strategy when it came to sharpening my figurative blades. My heart quaked with nerves and anticipation but I was ready.

Winds sailing in from the west moved through both mane and tail, lifting the thick strands up and away from my hocks and neck. It allowed me reprieve from the heat spiraling through both body and soul. However, I relished the hot embrace of power… I’d missed it just as I missed my former glory, my former strength and optimism. I was but a mere shade of my previous color, but a vivid reminder of my eminence nonetheless.

When the tall grasses began to fade into the softness of sand and yet more fire, I allowed myself to raise head and greet my opponent. I was a master of my own body, a master of my own mind, and a master of the earthen magic pooling at my core. This ghoul was but a reckless, young stud… something I had been years prior but was no longer. He was heavy in build like I, but less bulky and at least a hand shorter. He would have a bit of speed and agility on a massive stallion such as I but as it appeared, no tact.

Warm, brown eyes gazed into those of similar hue before nodding slowly to the ghoulish Thranduil. “I would surely love to know what hell awaits me then friend,” I smiled lightly. The dual-horned beast had caused quite a ruckus while waiting for my arrival for the sand at his hooves was scattered and beaten, betraying his rash tendencies. The ghoul adorned a full set of armor as well. It fell over both back and face and upon all four legs; surely the added weight would allow me favor. However, I would have to aim my attacks low and carefully at that.

I tossed my head once at his antics before recognizing the familiar thud of my own moon amulet against the sinew of my neck. Mirage had given it to me, instilled with her magic before I’d… left. Her image was a welcome one while standing face-to-face with the beastly Basin stallion and before I let it slip, I made but one vow. I would honor her in this fight. I would make her proud of the man I’d become. I had conquered loss and failure and guilt… This was my moment of reveal, my moment of glory and of victory. I would see Cetan spared from punishment because it had been my word, my permission, that had put him in danger’s eye. “If you wish to seek revenge then see it answered. Cetan is my charge and I his instructor. Your blame falls upon wronged shoulders friend- I am your culprit. If it is a fight you want, then please… indulge me.

Let blood and defeat be your memory of my face.

OOC: Thor is stepping in for Cetan. Previous consequences apply if I fail. (Doubt I’ll be seeking out your sword or spear, but I’ll face you again without default…) You can have the first attack.
Word count: 800
Attack: 0/3
@[Thranduil]
image credits
table by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Thranduil

Silver armored body swayed in anticipation as his roar sent its last echoes. If that scum did not answer the gold would light the world a blaze till he could drag out that pathetic excuse for a spy and show him the meaning of hellfire. Wait. The gold seizes to alert at a figure which rises into view, but it is not the little one he sought. Harks pin back onto the hot metal beneath them, and teeth bare. What trickery was this?! Did that little shit think he could gang up on the gold? The fires of his anger seeped from every pore at the thought, till all the gold needed to replica his inner burning was scales and smoke.

The words the dark giant speaks slip through a hazy smoke screen and confusion acts as wood for the flame. Those earth eyes though can see as sharp as day that this brute was not afraid. This was Thor, of the Edge. He was not blind to see Thor was taller, much taller, and armored with experience of several more years. This his eyes could see, but the fire which filled their gaze did already see the future of him burning with pain upon the ground. The gold would know no other reality, and heed no rational thought, for the fire consumed all, including himself.

Moments ticked by as the bay at last stopped and with his smile and sly words, clothes usually covering the gold, spoke of his purpose. His own insides licked with the heat, and outrage sizzled his thoughts. His prey was stolen from him, protected by those who were better fit for war. Those cheats and thieves! Crimes compounded and it only set his fury ablaze brighter. “Then you will be my messenger, Thor.” Cetan, that pathetic vermin would see what fires awaited to sear his flesh. He would find stumbling home his teacher, broken and burned. Scorned by the wrath of the golden as but a warning of the inferno he awoke. “And I shall teach him of hellfire.” If Thor wanted to bear the marks of the gold for his charge, so be it. He will burn with the flames of the golden son and feel the very sting of the inferno’s rage.

Enough threats and smoke, says he, let the world burn. The molten gold, armored and wet already with sweat, explodes on a rampage of fire and fury straight for the head of this earthen brute. It is hard to pity such a mad man, yet knowing as we do what infernos and hellfire that bay carries about his neck, the sight carries a bitter distaste. Irony is the death of many men, and the swords of pride and anger have betrayed their bearers time and time again. So is it now, so will it always be. The gold will once more be brought back to the dirt and blood of this earth, even if he cannot see it in the flames that future surely hides in the black shadows of the smoke. The gold will stumble from this with scars and burns all his own. And certainly there will be days he cannot rise from such wounds, but it will not be this day. This day would not set to see the gold lying broken upon the ground. He did not intend to yield this day to the hands of these pathetic cowards who hide behind one another at the fear of crossing him. He –would- not fall this day.

So say all mortals who later find the sweet earth a ready eternal bed.

Tearing across the sands in a storm of heat and wrath, the gold kicks, like flames licking his heels, thousands of grains of sand into the air. His armor, heavy though it was, clanged like a battalion. It slowed his pace perhaps, and strained that which bore its weight, but he could feel none of it now for the flames which lite his very legs afire did seep into his blood adrenaline and might. Head, crowned with the tips of five spears did lower, ready like torches to set the skin of the enemy ablaze with pain and blood. Just steps away the armored gold drifted in his charge to the right, but only slightly. Horns now aimed at air but his left shoulder should still be aimed to slam into the bay. The flames were consuming, and did so ignite the gold that certainty could not be known. If his shoulder hit though, the force should pivot his frame and slam his horns into that bay’s hide. The world took one last breath before the explosion of the infernos were let loose and all laid to waste by flame and fury.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: Thranduil accepts Thor as Cetan's defender, with the same conditions should the spar default. Please note as well that as this is a challenge the time limit is shortened to 72 hrs after the roll. Also, for my sanity (XD) please be very detailed about what exactly the amulet unleashes, should you choose to use it. Good luck Linds. =]
TAG:: @[Thor]
WORD:: 796
ATK:: 1/4
Injuries:: None
Summary:: Enraged Cetan would hide behind another the gold charges straight at the bay. He stays straight but drifts slightly to the right when he closes in, hoping to hit the bay with his left shoulder and pivot his horns into him.

CONDITIONS:: In order to fully seek his revenge the battle has the following additional conditions. Though default is allowed, it will be an acceptance of a task set by Thranduil. Thor will have until the last sun of autumn to make, steal, or find a metal sword or spear, and give to Thranduil. This can also be obtained OOCly through items, this equaling a medium item. If these conditions are not satisfied by the last sun of autumn, Thranduil has full right to Thor's head (another spar without the option to default). These conditions have been agreed to by both parties.

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

THOR the Gentle Heart

More threats were awarded like exotic silk and fine wine but were received with no response. After all, weren’t they just empty words meant to fall upon deaf ears? Here I was, forced to sift through the mire of ignorance thrust into my hands by greed and a lust for power… and I was supposed to pander at the foot of such sacrilege? I had been caught beneath war’s heel, tempted from pacification and forced to relent from impartial nature to abide by fool’s tongue? I was sick with disappointment, turned from humanity’s grace by the ugly veracity of this creature, this snake claiming fabricated honor. I felt like a juvenile waiting to dip my toes into the pool of lunacy, bestowing my sanity to a man thriving on mediocrity alone. If only my dignity would remain intact after this day… Ha! To bow at the knees of pure filth before taking up arms against him? I could only scoff at the idea before allowing him a sullen nod, a signal to begin.

He wouldn’t be provided satisfaction for such insipid remarks.

I was not a creature without ground to stand on, lest he forget who stood before him. Thranduil had hoped to find Cetan at the end of his figurative sword, an easy victim. But I had come forth to answer his arrogant cries, force them from their ship and into the raging sea of confusion and surprise.

Warmth from the late day sun robed me in flame cast away from the sands below. In the moments before attack, I lifted a heavy hoof from position in order to study how my heft would maneuver on such uncertain footing. I was not an agile creature and therefore unaccustomed to moving quickly in the heat of battle, but I would still have to consider where my feet fell. The shifting of the sands could bring an animal of my size to a swift and untimely end.

When my eyes were once again fixed on the Basin stallion, I welcomed him into my folds. My body thrummed with anticipation and in the hopes of maintaining preparedness, I backed slowly toward the arena’s outer region. It was in that moment that the stallion charged. In usual fashion, he surged forward while kicking up dust in his wake. I stood at the ready, a smile the last glimpse of my face before it was lowered out of harm’s way. The smashing of metal and the muted beating of his hooves made my heart race beneath my muscular chest. I had continued to back away from my opponent in order to stay in motion so that when he was close enough to decipher his impending attack, I could dodge either right or left.

Thranduil’s horns had been lowered in his approach and upon a swift lead change they were aimed just left of my own left shoulder. Using my own momentum as aid, I side-stepped right in order to escape the full force of Thranduil’s charge. However, his aim was true. His left shoulder grazed mine and the power behind it forced me further to the right. It wasn’t until my flesh had been separated, gorged by the elaborate curve of his horns, that I understood the severity of the situation. A howl of pain forced its way past my lips and my back left hip screamed in protest at the splitting of tender flesh. I felt the blood as it began to lick down my back, left leg and I fought hard in order to remain unhindered by the pain.

I had but moments to take advantage of his nearness and with those precious moments I threw my weight into my shoulders in order to buck out toward my retreating opponent. I hoped that the armor would slow him down and that I would be able to catch the underside of the left side of his stomach. The wound upon my hip stretched and fumed with the effort, but I had only one chance to do this right, to do it effectively. But upon landing, my hip ignited in new and undiluted flame. I winced at the pain before stumbling forward and back toward to the middle of the arena. My gait was uneven and I had taken on a slight limp, but my bones were yet intact and I was able to ride the waves of determination to their final resting place. I wanted to give myself enough time to turn about so that I once again faced the golden monster. I wanted him to see the pain that rocked my expression before I unleashed the magic Mirage had been kind enough to bestow within my moon amulet.

If he truly believed that I’d come forth as sacrifice, he was wrong.

Word Count: 800
Attack: 1/4
Summary: Thor began to back away from Thranduil before he started charging in order to maintain motion instead of being attacked at a stand-still. He side-stepped right in order to avoid the full hit to his shoulder but it was enough to knock him further right and unbalance him. Since he was unbalanced, Thranduil was able to slice into Thor’s left hip (the force of throwing him to the right would have pushed his stomach away so I hope that’s okay.) Thor then used Thranduil’s close vicinity (since Thran would have had to slow down in order to ram his horns into Thor’s side) to buck out toward Thran’s underbelly on his left side.
Injuries: A long, deep gash along the left hip.
OOC: The amulet is infused with Mirage’s Illusion magic.
image credits
table by whit
@[Thranduil]

Thranduil

Fires combine and explode. Metal armored shoulder slams into the dark bay giant. Those earth eyes can not see it, focused and burning as they were, but his body could feel it. Sweaty slick steel crushes back into the gold and pushes out his very breath. Eyes close and teeth grit back the force and flaming with malice and hate that armored head snaps in towards the bay’s exposed hide. Grimace breaks, with his earth eyes flashing open with the spilling of the first blood. Head pulls back to straighten the charging inferno. Oh but the gold was not out of the fire himself yet.

The bay’s back pedaling had worn the gold, and spent as he was from the force of impact the fire which lite his legs could now only carry him at a slow three beat. Far too slow to out run the backlash of his opponent. Thor’s mammoth hooves came rocketing back with a viciousness, and unseen through the flames in his eyes, and unheard over the clattering metal they struck. Like a gong a hard hoof clanged against the thick metal shield on the gold’s hip. Hind end began to fall away with the force, but fire can not be so easily broken. Shock over the attack only adds more wood to the fire. How dare that bay even try to wound the golden son. Inferno set ablaze in his chest at the back handed attempt, and it powered the gold to recover his tilting body. Harks pin back and shoulders pulled at his hind end. Sand slid but soon built a rut for the gold to pull from, and his body answered. The armored gold collected and cantered on.

Success, and elusion fanned the flames within that golden’s core. They licked his sides, and sweat poured from them till the straps holding his armor were lathered. Hellfire had been dealt though and the gold could not resist setting his eyes upon that bay’s face at feeling the flame. How was he feeling now that he was reminded of his mortality and how hot hell could be? It is only when he commands his flames to ease so he would not slide in the sands that the fires begin to attack the golden. Muscles now literally burned, after running the length of the arena and bearing the heavy armor. Blood lust and rages could keep the gold from noting it, but his legs did tremble ever so slightly as he rounded at a trot and stopped. Black heart, chocked by smoke clawed at his insides for air, and no matter how wide his nares flared relief would not come. The hottest infernos burn out the fastest.

Oh but that bay, the earth eyes saw had a drop of his hip, and the tight muscles about his face. Fire lite a wicked grin upon his face and tosses his head up in the golden light. Carried on the western wind which blows across comes a cry. Harks pin back and body steps forward, angered another dare interfere. He knows that girl, and he knows what reason lead her to cry out. She would see her mighty fall into the fire. It was a matter of kindness really (though the gold’s madness kept the thought from him) for that stealth upon the gold’s armor was in defiance of their treaty, and therefore the Basin had a full right to levy total war. Such wrath and ruin should be felt by them all, they were lucky their greed had not caused this to be but one of a hundred horns piercing their family.

Horned head shook gold body moved off again, fury burning every nerve, and back straining. The gold would hear none of it, fueled with outrage and pride he would run till he was dead. That moment might still come to pass, but the pause in the battle had calmed his chocking heart enough to go again. Still, his charge was slower, and trotted him out wide left. Whether the bay would come to meet him or back up as before was unknown, regardless, the gold would see him feel the burning tips of his horns again. Hoping now to be wide left, those burning earth eyes narrowed in, and flaming hooves began a canter, towards the bay beast. Sweat began to roll off his forehead and from it and the flames of wrath the golden could barely judge where that damned bay stood. Fire would burn him again though, for the gold’s fire had not yet consumed his pride which assured him of such. Horned head levels again, hoping this time to come blazing in more perpendicular. Body began to choke once more, but the inferno within could only be quenched with Thor’s blood.

"talk talk talk"
OOC::
WORD:: 799
ATK:: 2/4
Injuries:: None, though becoming very winded
Summary:: Thor's kick hits his shield, and though nearly pushing him over, the gold sustains no damage. Once sure out of range the gold turns and stops, hearing Eva's cry (in the viewing thread). This give him time to slightly recover, and he trots out to the left, but once wide left turns and canters straight for Thor with lowered horns, hoping to spill his blood once more, or at least run into him.

THOR the Gentle Heart
Her cries break through my concentration; an awakening, a breath of cool air pressed against my heated sighs. My gaze strays to find her and just beyond it fixes reluctantly on eyes of green. For a moment I am taken, stolen away from the sands in order to relive tender moments shared with her, Evangeline. My mind sings to her, “Don’t look”, but the words are too late and I, too distracted…

My strike is delivered; two large, outstretched hooves create a sickening crack! before falling away from Thranduil’s armor and to the soft turf underfoot. But the sand gives way, parts beneath me like the red of the sea, and I lumber forward with new pain emanating from my back, right ankle. I had missed tender flesh, been robbed of proper justice! But she guides me from distress and rouses conviction. That look of concern, it impales me, breaks me. I attempt to fight my way through the agony that sears through the open wound upon my hip and the strain growing more apparent in my ankle. I need to reassure her. I need to allow her peace of mind. “I’m alright.

I am only vaguely aware of the mongrel at my back, yet steered by blind rage and selfish passion. I only seek to find Evangeline. But the beast will not have it so. His cries make my blood run cold and as I shift to level him with a serious gaze, I am suddenly and surprisingly enraged. There is something cold and possessive whittling at my heart and as I watch him an ice storm brews. His eyes linger on me no longer and instead feast hungrily on Evangeline- did he know no bounds? I had come for Cetan, a clear head upon broad shoulders, but the question remains: would I leave that way?

Pay attention!” I scream. Against my wishes, the cold overwhelms me. I cannot stop the ice that makes me rigid and unfeeling. The mongrel threatens to lay waste to my life, my love, my home? But I will have his head- separated from neck. Again, I urge my muscular legs into motion and they tense in response- an attempt to keep the pain from immobilizing me. But the fight is young… I am not out of the woods yet.

The mongrel comes again toward my left side, but I am no longer of sense and instead driven by protective honor. I am tiring fast but my determination and my heart push me on. Like Spartacus in the Third Servile War, I will resist my oppressor and bring a righteous hand down upon him. Win or lose, I will make him realize my strength, my freedom, and my purpose.

I toss my head once while a singular thought races to mind. It fills me and empowers me with new fortitude and I smile at the idea. The mongrel comes closer now, but with hooves at the ready I lunge forward and toward the left. I am aware that I am leaving my left hip open again for attack, but it is a small price to pay.

Again his horns melt through mottled flesh. I cry in agony and my step falters; I am falling fast into the pit of fire created by Cetan, but I am not yet discouraged. Finally, I relent and call to the past. Another wave of grief and pain rips from my lips but there is new power trailing just behind.

Using the spare moment in order to arc back around and face him, I concentrate wholly now on the amulet about my neck and the magic within. Soon, I am filled with it, engorged with the cool and everlasting ice now trembling at my core. Another song reaches from within to grace the mongrel’s ears. I desire his eyes alone and should they swing around, I would hope they remained. Once upon a time I saw Mirage the DragonHeart use the very same tactic and I pray for similar results. I begin to hum a high pitched tune, one that will draw Thranduil in and make him pause to wonder. Should the magic work, it would cause him confusion and pain throughout his skull. But I have another plan in mind.

Hoping that the magic will work, I drop the cloak and move forward with my head down low and teeth ready. I seek to sink them just above an armored left, front knee with enough force to cause strain in his gait.

Attack: 2/4
Injuries: Severe wounds on the left hip and sore ankle. Starting to get tired.
Summary: Thor’s back, right ankle was injured in landing the buck. After coming back to the center of the arena and Thranduil coming toward his left side (from what I could tell), Thor moved forward and to the left giving Thranduil a shot at his already wounded hip. He kept moving forward in order to move back around to face him while using the amulet’s magic to confuse Thranduil and make his head hurt. He hopes to use the confusion to advantage and comes back toward Thranduil in order to bite at his left, front knee.
image creditstable by whit
@[Thranduil]

Thranduil

Charging forth towards that bay’s right in a blaze of flashing silver and gold in the afternoon’s fiery light comes the gold, a figure of might and power. Though the burning fires which light his eyes and scorch the sands with his tracks are also consuming him. Closing in on the target his heart begins to choke on the smoke of his flames once more, and ears fill with it so thick it can barely hear the clanging of metal. So when that bay beast did flash in the gold’s left eye there was little energy left to jerk from his path and tear into him fully. What should have been a vicious slash of horns and fire faded into a stumbling lean into the dark shadow.

Horn met flesh once more and dragged across, torching the flesh. Cloven hooves, collecting after being slowed by such an impact, though in review it may more a stumble. His mind, was full of nothing but smoke and ash blowing through from the wind of his breath. Horns, leaving the support of the bay’s side did fall away low. There, lower to the earth was found cleaner air and the world, burning in fire, comes back to him. Cutting across his recovering hearing came a forlorn call like a siren in the waters. Such a threat of water to kill the inferno did act as fan to the flames. (Plus it helped to stop again and recollect.) Did that bay brute, weak as he was with love and false pathetic honor think that he could extinguish the golden, when he had not even laid a scratch upon his molten golden coat?! Those earth eyes regaining a clarity in the roaring fires did turn back towards the bay ready to smite him in the fires once more.

The bay beast was not there. Harks, having pinned against the burning metal now did lift cautiously. Before him, blurred in light and fog, was a shifting mirage. What trickery was this? If Thor thought to escape the showers of fire then the gold’s wrath would smoke him out. Where was that bay, and how did- Magic Came a muddled voice. The gold ordered his teeth to bare but his lips did not move. Writhing in the throes of the magic’s growing captivity, the gold called upon a curious stone set in his collar. The purple gem did flash at the order (however weak it was growing) and then swirled to a solid black. It was just in time for the mirage had begun to take its toll upon the fire breather, and thoughts fell far from fire and flames.

Breath echoed in the quiet halls of the golden’s mind. Time slowed to a near standstill, and shapes blurred into the fog. Wait, where was Haldir? Where was the black spotted thing?

Armored golden head turned about himself to look for his bonded fawn, forgetting it lay tucked away safely in the north. Such was the power of confusion now fogging his mind, and dulling the inferno within. As the gold’s head turned away to look for the missing fawn he saw only a flash of bay, vague and undefined come screaming at him. Haldir! Oh how wrong he was. Turning back to meet the shape, the world began to define itself more clearly and from the depths of bay came ivory. Flashing eyes rang sharp through the fog and the gold’s body jerked up and away. The golden rose up into a rear, but it was too late, and his body was too slowed by the effects of the magic and armor. Hateful cold ivory grated at his left foreleg then cut through. Nerves, which were burning for air, now stung and grew daggers at the excess of it. It shot through his system and sent all his body trembling with anger (or was that exhaustion?) so that the fires within were set ablaze again.

How dare him! How dare that bay beast try to wash away the fire of hell and resist the punishment which he so rightly deserved! A roar like a hurricane swept through the gold, and echoed through every corner of the isle. Thor would pay for his insolence in his blood. Raised above the bay the gold tucked his head and lunging off his hinds, but tunnels the force down, arching his back. Like the red bull by the sea his flaming wrath did come crashing down. Had the bay let go of his prey to escape or would his vulnerable crest of shoulders be there for the taking, the gold could not say. It mattered not, for the infernos of fire and flame would scorch his hide once more, for the gold would not have any other truth this day.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: Thranduil uses a moon amulet to capture Mirage's Illusion magic for his quest.
WORD:: 800
ATK:: 3/4
Injuries:: Still slow in the next defense (from magic and exhaustion). Two cuts from teeth just above his left knee, shallow, but will cause a limp.
Summary:: Completely winded the gold stumbles to a stop after cutting through Thor once more. He turns at Thor's call and is captivated by the mirage and barely remembers in his confusion to capture the magic for his quest. Confused as he was (such as looking for Haldir when the fawn is well tucked away) when Thor snaps out at him Thranduil reacts too slow to escape. Even though he half rears Thor catches him. The pain cuts through the fog and the gold pushes forward and down, with head tucked, to try and come crashing down onto Thor.

THOR the Gentle Heart
It was as if I’d lunged head first into the pits of hell, my heels still burning from the fire at my back. It consumed me, stole me, and broke me into shattered pieces of primal desire. But my body- it had been worn and shaken from strength. I gasped on the dry heat and the smoke that fluttered through both chest and mind. It clouded my vision and burned the skies creating a white fire that made my dizzy. I’d never imagined my own end, but the demonic vision before me had created a vivid picture made of blood and sand. I was certain that if death did not claim me, nightmares of this horrific day would.

My magical song had died away but its effects still lingered. I attempted to watch the understanding fade from Thranduil’s gaze but I too had been worn. My size was not favorable in the arena for long stints and now it had truly begun to take its toll. Sweat collected at my flanks from the everlasting blaze of the sun and the heat tore through my defenses like a wildfire through dry wood.

But I hadn’t given up yet and perhaps it was my iron resolve that urged me on or perhaps it was merely the fact that Evangeline waited just beyond. She had been a driving force and a raft that yet kept me afloat; she had been a rain that cured this summer of drought.

Even as I watched my opponent struggle with the magic cast forth to upset him, it took a great force from within myself to move and attack him once more. My hip had been bloodied, ripped at the seams and torn from recognition. Muscle had been split and flesh separated… Would I ever truly recover from such a wound? Would I be able to conjure the fluid gait I had perfected to match my heft? I feared the worst; I feared a healer would be unable to return me to grace, to comfortable routine. For that, I was angered anew. This life was one I had been given… I did not want to see it marred by foolhardy greed.

When I’d called upon what energy remained, it came with a slow and grueling rattle. My hip complained fantastically and threw me off balance which caused my injured ankle to scream under added weight. I had taken on a heavy limp from the back side and when I’d met the ghoul at the arena’s heart, I feared that I’d be unable to press teeth upon him. But the Gods had seen me, noticed my struggle and blessed me with small victory.

However, it was victory short-lived. My opponent rose to defend himself and though his left, front knee had managed to rest between my teeth, it was ripped away just as quickly. My jaw trembled back into place from the force and I grunted from the shock- a deep and guttural thing that suggested pain and exhaustion.

I stumbled past his outstretched hooves upon raising my head from the offensive position because it had been a quick bite and one meant to be received in passing. But the ghoul did not let me escape that easily. I had managed to brush past Thranduil’s left shoulder, but my hind end was left open beneath his elevated torso.

His hooves came down upon my bare back and my rear quarters balked before dipping toward the sand beneath Thranduil’s weight. Joints screamed and flesh was seared with the force of the attack but I managed to stay upright. However, my injured ankle buckled threateningly and I was urged to flee. However, it took precious time in order to regain my already hindered balance and I was left with no choice but to remain at the stallion’s side and in close range of his might.

My mind became hazy from pain and again the bright lights from above promised to see me from consciousness, but I again pleaded with the Gods to give me strength. When Thranduil’s daggered hooves fell from the lower right side of my back, I used the opportunity and our unexpected intimacy to reach low with dark lips pushed aside in order to grab at the stallion’s left side where his underbelly met his hip. The skin there would hopefully be sensitive and I wanted to see it torn from perfection. If I managed to secure it between eager teeth, I would also use the only moments given at his side to strike out with my front, left leg toward his own back left ankle.

If the attack hit then I did hope that his own pain would allow me the chance to move forward, albeit slowly, to the right and out of harm’s way.

Word Count: 797
Attack: 3/4
Injuries: Severe wounds on the left hip and strained ankle. He now is also getting very exhausted and his hind quarters are very weak from the force of Thranduil coming down upon them. Cuts from Thranduil’s hooves alone his back.
Summary: Thor is obviously getting very tired and upon being able to bite Thranduil’s front, left knee he sustained more damaged from Thran coming down upon his lower back (hind quarters). Since his back, right ankle is already wounded, the force of Thran + armor made him very slow to rise again and Thor couldn’t run because his hind quarters are so weak. So he reached to bite at Thran’s left side (where the underbelly meets the hip) and strikes out toward his back, left ankle (hopefully below the armor).
OOC: Wow so THIS was RIGHT on the brink of being defaulted… Go me. BUT anyways, can you be more specific about which sides you’re hitting or attacking. I know that Thran arced/arched? left but I wasn’t sure where you wanted his attacks to be so I assumed left and then in the next post it says you wanted them to be on Thor’s right. Right now I’m really confused about the directions so for the rest of the fight just be certain to name the sides for me. (I’m awful with directions in the first place) Also, contact me if there is any confusion. I wrote this in a rush because of time limitations.
image creditstable by whit
@[Thranduil]

Thranduil

It was seemed so easy to fall forward, to let gravity and the weight upon his back bring his attack to bear. Nothing was easy here though. Hind hooves, trying to push the golden up enough to get him over the doomed beast’s back did instead drag the ground. Unable to fully raise the golden hellfire for the weight they carried. Torches of horns missed the moving bay’s back but Thor could not escape the wrath of the golden. Cloven hooves of the gold did pound upon flesh and two satisfying thuds resounded over the sound of armor.

The strike did not signal victory though as the reality of his body falling nearly uncontrollably came flaring out to him. Cloven hooves hitting upon the bay’s back stopped his arched lunge and his hinds met solid contact with the sands. Though they slid and shifted with the weight, they did not collapse. The fire breather’s flame brandishing front however was more complicated. As the bay slid from under the gold’s grasp, his forelegs clawed to find the earth. Left foreleg met first, digging into the sands it strained to solidify itself, but Thor’s damage did its job. A fire brand of pain strung like cord up his leg, and instinct shifted the golden’s weight to his right, which was just now finding the ground. That lean limb, bearing the full front weight of the armor and body could not hold, and so the golden, breathing out nothing but smoke and ash did stumble to the right. Or was the fire finally breaking down his very muscles, and reducing them to piles of ash, exhausted of life?

Mangled as Thor was he should have learned by now not to try and lash back at the flames. Even winded, stumbling, and washed away by smoke, hellfire was still not to be trifled with. Thor obviously had not learned that lesson well enough yet, for his attack came swiftly. Hot breath and burning ivories were felt, like a warning, on the gold’s left hip. The bay’s aim was off due to the stumbling gold, and though his lower chin raked the sweat soaked golden’s hide, his upper teeth caught only metal, having snapped onto the edge of the armor’s shield. His kicked fared no better, landing low onto the cannon protectors. Though the metal rang on his burning bones within, it held and reflected the attack. Left hind leg raised and lashed out all its own, not to strike particularly, but in pure defiance of such a low attempt.

The cruel misses for the Thor, acted as justification and wood for the dragon’s flames within the golden. Front finally stopped stumbling over itself, though more than ever his forelegs shook with rage (for the gold would never admit it to be such a weakness as exhaustion). Golden left fore, with tender muscling cut, and sweat stinging every nerve, held what was required. Reality would, after the cooling of the fires see it sear his gait more noticeably, but the overwhelming heat of the flames across his body blinded him to it. For this moment, the gold pauses. His head, thick with smoke and the lingering headache from the mirage, was pained from such rapid spitting flames. Heart, agonizing, echoed throughout his body like a war drum, ringing in his ears and reverberating in his smoke filled mind. A call from afar, and a quick glance to the sidelines showed Cetan’s dark back fleeing. It lit a flame to the golden’s blood and gave the needed wood for just one more attack. Soon the gold’s rage would no longer be enough to fuel the burning inferno. Oh but how viciously it lashed out in its dying moments.

That bay would pay for his continued insolence. The smell of blood so close called to the twin horned like gold calls to a dragon. So the smoke filled creature rallied seeking to burn the bay’s hide once more. Thor could not move quickly, but precious time had been lost on this pause so certainty would not be secured. Those earth eyes, clouded with smoke, yet still burning with golden flecks of fire, dashed left, directing the coming outlash of wrath. Horns, flashing in the setting sun twisted with his armored head, and set low as they were from balance struggles, now speared upwards. His body, like a charging, fire fuming train followed to lend a force to the torches of horns. Forelegs stepped to follow his horns as the molten gold’s body twisted to free his neck to reach. The fire was burning out, and the day of such wanton misery was fading like the setting sun beyond. But first, the gold would see the dammed Thor feel hellfire one last time.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: I tried to make everything clear, let me know on skype if you still have questions.
WORD:: 795
ATK:: 4/4
Injuries:: Exhausted, will not be able to bear his armor soon. Two cuts from teeth just above his left knee, shallow, but will cause a limp.
Summary:: Sliding off Thor back, Thranduil lands on his bad left foreleg which sends him stumbling to the right, thereby causing Thor to miss in his attacks. Pausing for a moment exhaustion begin to over take him, but after angering over Thor's attempts to wound him again, and seeing Cetan flee Thranduil twists left aiming his horns towards Thor and slashing them up.

THOR the Gentle Heart

I’d imagined this fight quite differently; in fact I’d seen myself an equal opponent. But the taste of imminent defeat did not sit well upon my tongue. Instead I was left with the cruel flavor of iron and blood that was strong enough to turn my stomach. I had done many foolish things in life, but I’d been too adamant and foolhardy to admit that this day might be one of them. When would I be allowed reprieve? When would I be forgiven?

I only hoped that I would see the “light” after I’d been shrouded in shadow for so long. My heart had been shattered and the pieces couldn’t seem to find their way back to position… I feared I would always remain changed. Perhaps I’d grown too weak for redemption… too scarred for recovery.

I felt as though everything had been robbed of me. But had I not been the cause of such misery? I had betrayed my daughter. I had betrayed my family. I had betrayed Tamira… the list was unending. Perhaps it was time to face what fate deemed me proper compensation for every fake promise, every wonderful lie.

Heat from the sands swelled up around me once again and I had a hard time fighting the fatigue that followed shortly after. How was I supposed to walk away from this with my head held high? How was I supposed to face Evangeline knowing that I’d failed her? I suppose it was safe to say that I feared reality the most… I’d come in Cetan’s stead but I’d proved nothing- earned nothing. My body was heavy, almost too heavy to carry anymore. But this was it, my final act. How did one fall gracefully from the heavens into hell?

I’d been so close to latching onto the stallion’s underside but once again fate head dealt me a fatal blow. Nothing had ever been given easily to me and even in the name of justice I fought for nothing. I’d come, I’d tried, and I’d failed. What would I have to show for it?

There it was again! That resounding notion that I’d done all of this for nothing!

An anguished cry fought its way past my bruised lips. I had nothing left to give… My heart had been frozen one too many times and now all I could do was stand before Thranduil, baffled by my own grim destiny. Perhaps he’d be kind enough to end it all for me right here, right now.

The stallion had stumbled right and away from my attack and though I couldn’t quite tell how the heat of the arena affected him, I hoped that it sapped at his resources. After all, mine had waned some time ago in the wake of disappointment and obvious wounds. When I chanced a precious glance to the setting sun, I was surprise to find it had retreated so quickly. How long had I stood before Thranduil? Seconds, minutes, hours? Did it even matter?

After all, the end result was the same.

I couldn’t be sure which way the stallion had chosen to go but before he managed to escape my bite we had been parallel to one another, our eyes seeking different directions. I attempted to step forward in order to keep my body in motion but the pain that ignited angrily in response slowed me down. I groaned from the sheer exhaustion of dealing with both fatigue and injury, but this was my last stand- my last mark on the history of the day.

As if I’d skipped from one moment to the next, I was caught off guard by the burning pain of horns parting the flesh upon my stomach. It was like I had fled my own being in order to watch as the heat pooled at the seams and melted the ties that connected muscle to skin. A chaotic scream ripped from within, one I was almost surprised had come from my own lungs. I faltered and lunged forward, if only at the mercy of adrenaline that masked immediate pain. However, I feared what kind of wound Thranduil had left… I feared that my former wishes might just come true.

In hopes that the collision would allow me time to gather my bearings for one last attack, I lumbered forward and arched left in an attempt to meet the other stallion in a perpendicular fashion. If he remained within striking distance, I sought to leave him with one final memory of our short time together. Though the strain in my ankle and stomach allowed no clemency, I forced them to comply in the event that I’d have to give chase. I wanted to sink teeth one last time into the stallion’s mane, taking the long threads with me.

Attack: 4/4
Summary: Thor takes Thranduil’s hit and lunges forward. He then arches around left to come back toward him perpendicularly if only to rip out some of his mane for later remembrance.
Injuries: Long gouge along the left side of his stomach, strained ankle, cuts on left hip, cuts on back
OOC: If it’s okay with Hawk and if the attack hits, I’d like to take some of Thranduil’s mane in loving memory of this awful fight.
image credits
table by whit
@[Thranduil]

Thranduil

Cries melded in the air into a harmony of battle as the bay calls out in pain and the gold calls out to pull in what little strength he had left. Humming over the heated battlefield in an agonizing siren call for death their voices fell away to the clashing of bodies and metal once more. Twin horns, crown in the silver of the others spear at the tender exposed bay flesh. The previous rest had cost him though, and only his far left horn managed to dig into its target, but with his body twisting around had pushed that horn deep.

It jerked loose to the last, but the hot headed molten gold which would have dashed away to attack again was no more. The outer layers of anger, rage, and spite had burned away in the heat of his own flames and all that remained was the steel core of the gold, and even it was glistening in the heat. Heart clawed with burning need to escape its ash filled chambers and the golden could not hear above its smoke muffled cries. He could no longer ignore it. In a stupor of the dying flames he opens his mouth to retract his burden, uncaring about the danger lurking so near him.

The command to the hot metal never made it from his mouth. A bay snake in the sands reached up in the twilight and sunk its fangs into the sun’s neck. In the last second the horned head twists to protect. The movement gave that pathetic mongrel’s attempt victory, and instead of hitting the metal plates those ivories grabbed deep into the gold’s flesh just behind his ear. Pride locked the gold’s jaw tight, forcing the cry of anguish to burn away in the fires within, but oh how it seared his flesh. Muffled in smoke and ashes the mind of the gold was faltering, all its wirings burnt out or melted from the heat, so that nothing but instinct remained. Instinct was never the smartest person on this golden’s team. Instead of giving into the pain to save it further damage the gold pulled against it, escape the pain it told him. At all cost, for there was nothing more here but pain.

Flesh tore from itself, and the small nicks made worse by the effort. Body, straining to pull his mass, and his armor away, did push itself too far, and all his body seared once more with flame. The loss of blood from a place so close to his mental center did cause his head to swim. The worst insult though, was a lock of that sweat matted hair ripped from its crowning place upon the gold. Stumbling from his own effort the gold now heard the full messages. He could not carry it any longer, or risked collapsing in a pile of ash. “Da-Daro” Hot metal, licked with sweat, shimmered and as the gold finally caught his balance again the shield of steel collapsed onto itself until it remained nothing but a circlet.

For the first time, the western wind, cooling with the dying flames of the sun, brushed relief to the gold’s back, and for the first time he welcomed it. Oh to lean into that breeze and let it carry him away. Even though it brushed hairs into a matted bloody mess about his poll, stinging like whips in his wound, he welcomed the cool caresses. Like a rain storm it fell upon his flames within and eased his body. If only it could give him as much strength as it did relief. Cloven hooves, dragging with the past strain moved the golden forward, and hopefully free of the bay’s range. This was not to round about in another attack. No, this inferno of wrath and fury was spent. The fresh air began to clear his body, and his mind, and the gold remembered purposes, reasons, and hatred.

Stopping his horned head rose and as the wind blew toward him from the west, calling him into the sunset he looked back. His earth eyes taking in the scene with a weary but greedy satisfaction of his work. A viciousness, one last flaring of the flame rose and lashed out from within him as he saw his own white locks laying near the bay. “Keep them!” His throat strained with the effort to speak loud, but that last quip of fire would have its moment. “Keep them so all may know who’s fire has branded you.” Head swam, and another cool breeze silenced the remaining fires of hell. The gold turned back to the sun setting beyond the ridge. Pride held his gait steady, but it soon would not be enough. There, fallen and weary the gold would rebuild from the ashes.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: Great spar Linds!
WORD:: 800
ATK:: 4/4
DEF:: 1/1
Injuries:: Completely exhausted. Two cuts from teeth just above his left knee, shallow, but will cause a limp. Two large gashes on his upper left neck, just behind his ears.
Summary:: After jerking away from spearing Thor, Thranduil is surprised by his attack, and his last second effort to turn brandish his horns causes Thor's attack to hit, just behind his ear. Confused and weary Thranduil pulls away, making the wound worse and pulling out some of his hairs. Too tired to carry his armor he retracts it, and walks away.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: THRANDUIL is the winner!

THRANDUIL
Realism [+2]
Your first post was great! You had a strong attack, good scenery and some breed comparisons. You sprinkled some scenery here and there throughout the fight, however I would have liked to see Thranduil struggle in the sand a bit more, especially considering his homeland is the exact opposite (although you could have argued the case his stint in the Throat prepped him for this). Similarly I wanted to see more emphasis on their breed differences, Thor is significantly taller but you didn’t even seem to blink with your rear attack in post 4, nor did you use your higher agility stat to your advantage - which would have been nice given how many misses Thor rolled (although I liked you using your armor for those explanations).

Speaking of misses it read very much that you took damage in your second attack, when 0 damage was rolled for you, so be careful to make it clear no damage was sustained. Your attacks were pretty good and great use of your horns, though your third and fourth posts left me a bit confused as to what his actual attack was, so please be a bit more defining. I really enjoyed you bringing in your previous injuries in your fourth post and mentioning fatigue. I would have liked to see a lot more damage sustained in your fifth post though considering Thor rolled a 6.

Overall you have a good eye, just incorporate more details of the fight as it’s occurring and be specific with you damage/injuries.

Emotion [+1.5]
Your first post was awesome, but after that I got lost in the fire, literally. I didn’t see Thranduil any more, it was just this entity, which maybe you were going for, but it felt very mechanical and action based to me. I wanted to see more of Thranduil’s thoughts, Thranduil’s motives, Thranduil’s presence amid the flames. It never became Thranduil to me, it was just a fighter.

Prose [+3]
Again your first post was lovely, and the others afterwards were too, but there was a lot of dropped pronouns and sometimes confusing areas to try and sort through. You could lower your word count and make more sense if you used their actual names from time to time.

Readability [+1]
Overall you were clear, just sometimes I struggled with your thick prose to decipher what your attack was (especially post 4) or where it was, since sometimes you didn’t detail enough their positions to each other. Then there were a couple typos and just strange sentences detailed below.

Post 2:
“Those earth eyes can not see it…” (cannot)
“Eyes close and teeth grit back the force and flaming with malice and hate that armored head snaps in towards the bay’s exposed hide.” (awkward wording, re-read several times.)
“...the fire which lite his legs could now…” (lit)
“Black heart, chocked by smoke clawed…” (choked)
“Fire lite a wicked grin upon…” (lit)
“Carried on the western wind which blows across comes a cry. Harks pin back and body steps forward, angered another dare interfere. He knows that girl, and he knows what reason lead her to cry out. She would see her mighty fall into the fire.” (...what is happening here?)
“...the pause in the battle had calmed his chocking heart enough…” (choking)

Post 3:
“Cloven hooves, collecting after being slowed by such an impact, though in review it may more a stumble.” (worded weird)
“Raised above the bay the gold tucked his head and lunging off his hinds, but tunnels the force down, arching his back” (tense changed in between or something).

Finally tally: 46.5+(7.5*2)= 61.5 HP

THOR
Realism [+2.5]
You have some really strong and great attacks, and the detail level is great, however you seemed to struggle with what injuries to take. In your second post for instance you took way too much damage for a 1, while in your third post you took too little damage for a 5. If you have questions about proper damage, admin can definitely help explain it better for you.

I did like seeing your past injuries and your fatigue play in on your fourth post, but I would have liked to have seen them a bit more often. I would have also loved more scenery impact - just mentioning there’s sand doesn’t do it, I need to know how the sand affected something. Did it roll under you when you pushed off, shortening a stride and causing you to miss or pull a muscle as you overcompensated? Did it help cushion a hard landing that might have hurt worse on harder ground? Was it irritating? Was it difficult given Thor’s homeland isn’t sandy? Similarly include more breed references - Thor was taller and had a higher strength buff, play to that!

Overall great timing and reality of attacks, but bring in the detail a bit more to really make it outstanding.

Emotion [+2]
All throughout you had some good emotion, but your second post in particular was lovely. Unfortunately it was lacking quite a bit in your third post which brought the overall score down.

Prose [+4]
I really enjoyed reading your posts and your great writing! Your first post was stellar. Watch your overuse of “Buts” though, you’re very fond of starting sentences with them which really isn’t correct and became distracting to me.

Readability [+2]
Overall your posts were pretty clean and neat and you were very good about describing his position in relation to Thranduil and where and what side he was attacking on. I was confused in your first post about where Thor’s injury was since at one point you seemed to say shoulder and at other points hip, but other than a couple minor things detailed below, great job.

Post 2:
“Her cries break through my concentration; an awakening, a breath of cool air pressed against my heated sighs. My gaze strays to find her and just beyond it fixes reluctantly on eyes of green.” (confusing given the flow of this thread.)
“emanating from my back, right ankle.” (horses don’t have ankles.)
“I only seek to find Evangeline. But the beast will not have it so.” (...find Evangeline, but the…)

Post 3:
“... that made my dizzy.” (me)

Finally tally: 14+(10.5*2)= 35 HP