the Rift

[PRIVATE] Be you Brunhildr or Gudrun?

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Come, Valkyrie, and speak with me

With all the flurry of the seasonal spars taking place, Torleik had found himself approached by the other warriors in the Basin for spars, for practice, for teaching - and to be honest it pleased him. Finally, there were a few that were seeking him out rather than waiting to be told what to do. It encouraged his quiet heart to speak up and push for what he wanted, to speak to Ophelia and ask for more control over the training of the Basin's fighters.

But that was for a later time.

Now, he had indicated a desire to speak to one of the mares beforehand, as he'd never met her. After his spar with Serenity going so awry, the Bloodskald felt it prudent to give his opponents (students?) a chance to speak to him about battling beforehand rather than simply leap in limbs flailing and hopes soaring. Torleik was also a sparring partner that wished to know what the other wanted to get out of the fight, that he might help them improve if he could. In practice, he wasn't much concerned with winning or losing; practice did not tarnish or polish his honor. Real battles were where his personal concern lay, and his pride still smarted from losing to Ulrik so narrowly. Perhaps if his cousin hadn't the need for mechanical toys...but the rune-horned viking had been around and around that circular train of thought and no amount of muttering under his breath or seething beneath his skin would change that he lost.

Maybe he would challenge Ulrik again one day, just to try to even the score. Maybe. Pacing near the lake where he planned to have his spars, the Basin General waited for his conversation and sparring partner to arrive that he might size her up and determine how best to approach their time together. Torleik didn't want her to be disappointed as Serenity seemed to have been in him and his skill, and though he would not admit it to the pretty pegasus mare, her disappointment in him stung. He'd only wanted to help, but the help he'd tried to give had found no purchase.

Perhaps that meant he was not a good teacher. He would try again, and hope for a better outcome.

@[Brisé]

"talk talk talk"

Art by valerie911 @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Brisé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

always a villain
even when I'm not

I was starting to settle in at the Basin and it was about time I took initiative. I needed to meet the General and start to find my place in the herd. I might be just a soldier but I was still important. I think? I honestly have no idea. I was one of many and many meant miniscule. That was the truth right? Yet now I was going to meet the one in charge. I was going to see my superior. My boss. As much as I hated the thought I respected it. I was new and unsure in this place and now I was shutting everyone out. Maybe I needed to keep in mind to keep my friends close and enemies closer. God, I was already thinking this unknown stranger was an enemy and I needed to get out of this state of mind. Whatever maybe this could be beneficial. I could learn to talk and be more social along with pick up a few tips and tricks. So I would go along with this little discussion and see how it went. Sparring with someone I got to speak to was going to be far less stressful then sparring with someone I didn't know.

At least I wasn't in a terrible mood as I was traveling to see Torleik. So this first meeting would be a bit tense but I could deal. So I walked rigidly and somewhat proudly to see him. When his silhouette could be seen a few hundred feet away I did not smile or make any attempt to display any emotions of feelings. I was quickly putting on the armor that had protected me so far. And it would have to continue to protect me until I felt like I could chip it away. Now was not that time. "General Torleik, it's Brisé. You wanted to speak?" My voice was extremely monotone yet professional and doesn't hold the usual chill I tend to keep in it. So, I would see how this would go.

OOC| Sorry for the wait :/ @[Torleik]

Coding © Henley

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

What weapon defines you?

The mare that approached was dark, like he, and Torleik inspected her in the passage of time before she reached him. Movements graceful and body undeniably well-built, her sleek coat rippled with her graceful motions. The mare's coloring reminded him of Illynx and a tide of sadness washed over him not for the Gilded Blade, but for his cousin who had, in his own way, loved that harpy.

Ulrik was a like a longship without a captain sometimes, all the oars going but with no destination to call home. It concerned the Bloodskald that his nephew Rikyn was nowhere to be found as well. The boy certainly could use a better father than the Engineer, but Illynx was a terrible choice as a parental unit. Ulrik loved, at least, in a very broken way. Torleik wasn't sure the same could be said about the Basin's former Lady.

This mare, it seemed, reminded him of the Gilded Blade in all of the colder ways. She was lovely, body alluring most certainly, but the voice that came forth from her lips was chillier than the ice that sprouted up 'round his hooves. Torleik cocked a curious glance her way, studying this Brisé. Why so frigid? "Indeed I did," he murmured. "You needn't be so formal. You don't know me and I must earn your respect in many ways before I can command such stiffness from you." The rabicano shifted on his hooves, his own well-muscled bulk rippling beneath his sleek, snow-dusted coat.

"I am making it a point to speak with and spar with all of my soldiers. You are first on my list. Tell me of yourself, your skills, and what you have achieved in battles past." His statement was clear, cool, but not aloof. She had made this vastly more businesslike than he'd expected, but Torleik could adapt. Let information be exchanged swiftly, then, without the fettering gaudy pleasantries of small talk.

@[Brisé]

OOC: My turn! Sorry I'm slow! School >.> -grumbles-

"talk talk talk"

Art by valerie911 @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!