the Rift

the silver lining [ophelia, hototo]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
K T U L U and O P H E L I A
For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.

Ktulu stared down at the glittering silver shell of the egg that she had won from the mermaids on the beach. She had been very careful as she moved it from the beach to the meadow and nestled it safely under the tree that she and her sister had spent many nights before joining the Throat. "This is a dragon egg, Hototo." She said to her son. "When it hatches from the egg it will bond with your Aunt Ophelia." The dark mare hoped that the dragon would make her sister happy where she could not.

The struggle for the egg had been a long one, but Ktulu was glad that she had stuck through it to win it in the end. She remembered a time when she had wanted a dragon companion, herself, but now she found herself wishing for something more bound to the earth. To her God. Ktulu turned her head and brushed her muzzle gently across the top of her son's head. "One day you can have a dragon if you wish, for you carry equine blood in your veins." She smiled. "In fact, my son, you can have whatever companion your heart desires if you earn it."

She lipped at Hototo's cheek then lifted her head, ears strained forward as she searched for her sister. This was their meeting place, Ophelia knew that if she was not in the Throat to look here. Still, Ktulu whinnied loudly for her sister.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Pretty little angel
Can we play your game?

Ophelia had spent the entire night pacing in the sand, anxious for the news of the dragon egg. Her sister was fighting hard for her at a game that was not easily won with magic or battle, and Phi knew that she would owe her sister much after what she had done. Ktulu had told her to go wait in the meadow for the answer, and when she spied her lovely sister approaching, silver egg in tow, tears filled the crimson and white mare's eyes.

Ktulu had done it. She had won her the silver egg. Ophelia ran up to her sister and shoved her cheek lovingly against Ktulu's black one, softly sniffling into her sister's white mane. With glassy eyes, the young mare stepped back, unable to stop the smile from painting her lips with joy. She laughed joyous, pleased that she would not be alone in her head anymore.

"Ktulu.. I-I...." she stumbled over her words, emotion filling her soul. "Ktulu thank you. I... I am so grateful." With another joyful laugh, she leaned down and planted a soft kiss with her lips on Toto's head. "You are so very lucky to have my sister as your mother. She is... amazing."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

"Mother, what's a dragon?" I ask curiously, looking at the silver egg as she attempts to describe its significance to me. I simply cannot wrap my head around what she was talking about, despite my intense interest in her words. I was still a novice in the world, even if I had a hunger that would likely correct this issue. My heart still earned to know more, even if I was so shallowly familiar with the world in which I lived in.

Mother seemed pleased with her win for Ophelia, whatever was encased within the shell of silver. I give her a glance with bitoned eyes, trying to decipher her words that she spoke to me. I was quite confused what she meant by companion. Mother was my companion, was she not? I certainly could not imagine a world without her, but the implications of her words told me that she meant more than just someone by your side. My brows knit in exasperation, as I was not quite capable of realizing the bond between a creature and an equid. I did not even really interpret a difference between equine species, for my mother was still my mother, I just had extra features she did not. Our main bodies were the same, even if my legs were bent at an awkward angle. The idea that certain creatures could bond with certain species would never occur to me, unless I was explicitly told, which I was not.

I lean into mother as she lips my face, finding solace in the curve of her shoulder as we wait for Ophelia to arrive. My eyes roll forward over the landscape, noting with a pleased expression that much had not changed. Land was not a transient as water and light, it seemed, so I was well to recognize most of this land, even in the darkening of the world as night pulled across Helovia like a snug blanket. A glint of white captures my attention, and I notice with a small, quiet smile that it is Ophelia.

The two opposing eyes gloss over with heavy emotion that I cannot understand. I knew it was well that my mother had won something for her, but as to why this was an event worth a tearful 'thank you', I was not sure. My head curves to the side, little bumps of horns growing steadily from my skull as I stare at Ophelia. She was not sad, but tears were threatening to burst the dam of her lids, which was puzzling to me. Curious, curious that she was about to cry. Was a dragon really so special?

Her lips find her way to my head, and I turn it in false protest toward the affection I am shown. I look toward the ground as Ophelia speaks to me, emotion heavy laden in her voice. "I know," I say simply, glancing upward toward my mom's dark face.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
K T U L U and O P H E L I A
For there is no friend like a sister, in calm or stormy weather, to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.

The dark mare smiled at her son when he asked what a dragon was. It was easy to forget that he was still young and had never seen one. Growing up in Isilme, in a herd mixed of equines, unicorns, and pegasus, she and Ophelia had known what dragons were from the very beginning. "They are magnificent creatures, Hototo." she explained. "They are lean and agile, built not only for the fight but for speed. If you bond with one it will protect you and you will protect it. The bond with them is mind, soul, and heart and their love is unconditional, much like my own for you." She nuzzled her son's head lovingly then raised her head as the sound of her sister approaching reached her ears.

Ktulu was not one to openly display emotions and she knew her sister was not, either. The tears in her eyes and the emotion that choked her words was testament alone to just how special the dragon egg was. It had been a hard fought battle of wits, one in which Ophelia usually excelled where she did not. "It is yours, Ophelia." Ktulu said before nuzzling her sister's cheek affectionately. "Now, even when I'm not around, I'll still be with you."

Icon by Tay