the Rift

[OPEN] Hop, Skip, Jump and FAIL...

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

It had taken some work but the colt finally managed to slip away from his mother for a short adventure on his own. The last couple months had been tough on them both with Levex disappearing and all the sadness that followed but with the nice weather he hoped that somehow they could manage to move on again. He missed his little brother, well technically Levex was actually the oldest but he wasn't here to defend the title so it was his now haha. No one would ever know the difference well except for mother that is but then again she had been all tired and stuff from their birth so maybe she didn't know anyways. It had been a confusing time for them all with all the new smells and the bright colours and the sights and the people. Speaking of which who was that black stallion that had been there? Was this is daddy? Maybe he could find him someday and figure it out but he hadn't the faintest idea where to start.

Kicking up his heels playfully he cantered the remaining distance to the field he had found with mother a couple weeks ago. With the warm sun overhead and the slight breeze maybe today would be the day he might finally figure out how to fly instead of ending up on his face like so many times before. He had been half tempted to try jumping off of something high and trying to fly that way but the cliff back home was the only high place he knew of and that was just a little scary. Slowing his pace to watch a yellow butterfly circling around above him he wished that he could join it up there. Lashing his tail for side to side for fun he tried to picture himself up there and the butterfly down here in the hopes that flying would be more of a willful wish. Feeling something yank at his tail the colt skittered sideways with a startled snort just as something bright shot across his vision to hit something behind him with a loud crack. "What the hell?!?" Wide eyed the colt tried to turn around only to find the mysterious tail yanker to be a prickly bush.

"Give that back!" He shouted chuckling to himself in the process as he reached forward to pull the strands of his hair from the bushes grasp. Pulling free from the bush after a minute with only a few twigs still stuck in his hair he turned to find something else rather baffling. A couple feet from the bush lay a sizzling patch of blackened earth smoldering brightly with the breeze. That must have been from that bright zappy thing that had shot by him... did he do that? Staring at the patch completely mystified the only conclusion he could come up with is that he had somehow created the sizzling lightning bolt. "Ooooh that's so cool!" Now how exactly did he do it? Could he do it again?

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: Open to Anyone •• NOTES: Would love if someone might be able to help him learn the art of flying or how to use his magic XD ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
Manip by Click
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
Spice
Yeah, I didn't know what I was doing. Flying back to where I last saw him, Satanic Silk. He wasn't that much pleasant, but when I said I could help him out with problems with a "loved one" whatever he meant by that.

I had been flying for quite some time now, and as I come over the area in which had been our meeting spot, I find someone else is already there. But the first thing that catches my attention, is a large black dot on the ground. Swooping in, I glide down slowly to where he was standing, staring at the black dot in awe...wait...it wasn't just a black dot, it was a piece of charred earth. I comes up behind him, but I expects him to hear me with my loud landings. Yeah, I should work on that. I'd come up to stand beside him, staring at the thing as well, wondering what could have made it...

Maybe he did? Maybe it was his magic. Just like my friend Rhoa had those ember-y things on his wings. They had pulsed with light andmagic. it was like I could see the cogs and wheels turning in his mind, -I guess- when I looked at him. A strange little boy he was. Though, he didn't look all that different from me. Not like that bright mare I had caught an eyeful of at the Throat meeting before I tried to speak with the Sun God. He was rather regular colors like me. And didn't hardly remind me of Satanic Silk. Why would he? He wasn't a black horse, and he most certainly didn't have giant leathery wings.

"Hello!" I say, smiling. "My name is Spice, of the Dragons Throat." I announce my title, about to ask if he had done that little charred dot. But I hold back, in wait for a response. Anything.

"talking."
steve berardi @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart

{@[Aeolus]}
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

nickel

The smoldering embers had to be one of the strangest things he had come across so far this week! The bonus factor is that he had somehow managed to create them! Walking in a circle around them he tried to think back to the streak of light he had seen. He had felt surprised and a little tingly but nothing out of the ordinary, well despite the tingly feelings. How could he manage to feel tingly again? Frowning he tried to think of anything logical to solve the problem but came up blank. A loud thunk drew his attention away from the embers as he turned his head to find the source. Turning around he found someone similar to him, well not exactly similar but still similar. They were somewhere around his age, with wings, and a girl... Wait no that wasn't a similarity he was clearly a boy. Pricking his ears forward happily he raises his head to get a good look at the girl.

"Hi! My name is Aeolus!" He replies brightly absolutely thrilled to meet someone around his age. " I live in the Edge." He tacks on afterward since the girl had already announced where she had come from.

There were not all that many others around his age that he had met so it made playtime a little boring at times. Levex had been fun to play with but he had to go and run away so now he had no one except for his mother. She tried to be fun but she wasn't all that good at playing, she always got tired to quickly.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @[Spice] •• NOTES: Apologies for the delay ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

Hidden Account
Spice
The Edge!

I've heard of it before... my heart seems to skip a beat at his words, though I do not understand why. Because it is not that much of a shock. I have not met many of the Edge, only Apollo, Jahzara...yup! Not many!

Nodding to him, I smile. "Yes, the Edge, I've heard of that place!" I think for a moment. I have not met many of my age before. Or members of the Edge. So, I result in a string of questions to -hopefully- be answered. "Is the Edge fun? Do they have many like you? Or...maybe not like you, but your age? What about places to fly, because I am working on that!" I pause, wondering if it was too much for him. Because if it was, I could totally ask it all again but slower.

I nod to him to answer the questions, though as I had stated -thought- before...I was totally okay with repeating them. He wouldn't know that! I sigh, wondering if I would have to speak up about that.
My mind hops, skips, jumps....

I think of the things that make me smile. Like my Mother and her stories. The time I met Kvothe. When I went on patrol with Gaucho...it was all just so fun. I thought of the time when I first stumbled upon Helovia and it's in habitants. Quite surprised to find a place filled with snow. I'd been told about snow and what it was. I just had never seen it before in my life.

Before my time in Helovia, the world was told to me in stories. I lived in a place where hardly any weather showed it's true colors and I was alone. Well, not technically. I was with my Mother. But it felt like it. Like we were one, or something. Yeah, I wasn't all into the spiritual things like that, but I knew I felt it. Somehow.

Huh.

I return to the present, my mind still a bit stuffy with memories, but I hold them down as I watch him. I hope I didn't miss anything...

"talking."
Sorry for the late reply, muse has been gone as of late, but today I have just been feeling it!

nickel

It was delightful to speak with someone that was closer to his age than many of the others he had been around his entire life. Grown ups never seemed to be as spontaneous or joyous making them boring and dull. When he spoke with them every answer seemed to take forever and was always so carried out by the time they finished speaking. Really just get to the point already! With his newest friend that wasn't the case. She spoke many questions rapidly making it challenging to remember all of them off the top of his head but hey that was the fun part. Making the wheels spin round presented him with a task and he liked doing tasks.

Right now for answers to those many questions. Was the Edge fun? Hmmm well it could be fun if you had someone to play with but then again exploring was also fun. "It can be fun yes. There are always new things to discover and find." He responded nodding his head in confirmation. Explorations had mostly ended up with him getting in trouble over something or another but they were one of his favourite things to do. One time they even found a glass statue! It was neat until they discovered that everyone else already knew about it. One down, another to go. Wait what was the second question again? Thinking back he pulled the strands of words from his memory. Like him... oh right it had been something about if there were others like him. " Sadly there are not too many others around my age that I have met well except for Ilios. My brother was fun to play with but since he ran away there hasn't been anyone except for mother."

The final question in the string was the most difficult for the colt to answer as he had yet to learn how to fly. Should he tell Spice that? No she would think of him as a baby and he was not a baby. He knew how to fly...well kind of. "Flying is hard back home with all the trees and such plus there is mist as well making it hard to see somedays. Its fun to play hide n seek in tho!" He commented brightly. There that wasn't a lie so he had done good, mother always said not to tell lies or else your nose would grow. "How about in the Throat what's it like there? Are there many our age? Realizing he was rambling excitedly he stopped the questions from flowing from his mouth so not to overwhelm the filly. He always had so many questions but could never answer them all like how the hell had he made the glowing embers and the flash of light.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @[Spice] •• NOTES: No worries ^^ ••

Hidden Account
Spice
"It can be fun yes. There are always new things to discover and find."

This makes me a little exited, but I was really looking for a different kind of answer. Something like: 'yeah! there are tons of foals to play with!' but, a few moments after, I get somewhat of the answer I like. But I don't need the answer. I don't need much.

I don't have much time to wonder who Illios was, or his brother. I don't have much time to imagine him and a mother-like form trying to dance together in a forest. Because that is hard to imagine. Why would a mother dance with her son? Looking goofy was what she was imagining. What mother would want that stuck in her son's head?

Lucky for him, I hadn't noticed the slight strike of struggle on his face to come up with an answer. I like how he speaks of hide n' seek. I wonder how that works, though my Mother had spoke of it before, I have never played it before. When he shoots a question my way, I smile and say "The Throat? I only know a few of the throat...But I have met many our age." I emphasize the our. I like how he used the word, and I wasn't about to say my. Because I didn't want to disclude a new friend. "And yes, it is fun there! I've played tag with Rhoa, and swam in the water, and stood on the shore..." I drift off as the memories flash through my mind. I like how these memories make me smile so much.

Yay.

"talking."
@[Aeolus]

nickel

Listening to every word that his new friend said he found himself almost jealous at how she had gotten to play with more people than he had. Why did everyone their age seem to be everywhere but where he was? Maybe he would have to go on a adventure to find others like them to play with. Ya that sounded like a good idea! Tomorrow might be a good day to start maybe momma might know of somewhere he could go to find them. He would have to ask her when he went home later if he remembered by that time. "I've gone swimming before! " He commented brightly as he recognized the activity Spice had mentioned. It had been fun splashing around in the tide pools but swimming was a lot harder than it looked when his wings acted like deadweights most of the time. He was beginning to wonder if he would ever manage to find a way to make them work like they should to lift him high up off the ground.

By this time he had almost completely forgotten about the strange black spot he had been studying before until he felt the warmth of it on his foot. Turning his head back as he lifted his hind foot away he motioned excitedly to Spice. " Look at this! I found this thing earlier but I don't know what it came from. It just kinda appeared after this bright flashy sizzly thing shot by." Pivoting sideways so that his friend could see what he was so fascinated by he looked up to study her expression. Would she know what this thing was? Mother had spoken of strange magic before was this magic? How could they tell?

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @[Spice] •• NOTES: Sorry for wait ••

Hidden Account
Spice
Wow. The wonders of others where fascinating it seemed. I was observing myself and the conversation between the two of them. I realized that it might come easier to talk to younger equines than a bit older ones. Feeling like you can't say too much or they will think you are immature or something.

The old are judge-y like that.

I guess it's just because of their massive time span on the earth that they've seen everything and been through so much they feel jealous toward us, the youth, because we get to do it all again. But in a different generation. It's easier to talk to younger equines because you can relate better and they are less judge-like of the actions that the other takes and they are one in particular- kinder. Although I was told by my mother that not all young equines out there are the kindest, and that she "remembers them from her day." I shake my head. At least I haven't encountered one of those yet.

When I return back to the conversation I smile as he points out something on the ground, moving to the side to let me examine. I take a few steps closer to it, wondering aloud "I wonder if it would hurt me if I just get closer..." I inch closer to it wondering where it came from.

I felt like a science-whizz standing over the splotch in a long white trench coat. "So it just appeared out of no where?" I ask Aeolus quizzically, though I am having fun with this, I am act serious in the matter. "It looks like a fire stain." I conclude. I'd seen fires before. They where on the posts lining my life up until I ran. They appear at night, Mother said not to touch them. I guessed that this was no different. "Don't touch it." I said at last, the memory fading away.

"talking."
@[Aeolus]

nickel

Watching Spice's reaction to the information he was able to provide about the mystery spot he couldn't help but be estatic that she was even interested. Most grown ups would have likely glanced over at it from a distance, implied it was nothing and moved on. There had to be some connection between the flash of light he had seen and this mark. His thoughts trailed back to his earlier theory of if he had somehow created it. Back pedalling even further he tried to recall what he was doing just before it had happened. Well he had been surprised when the tree had attacked him but other than that he had felt nothing out of the ordinary. Could surprise be what triggered it?

"How could it be a fire stain?" He asked listening to the new thoughts that Spice brought to the table. "It just kinda appeared there." Lowering his muzzle to take a closer look at it he jumped slightly when Spice told him not to touch it. Well now that she had said that made him want to touch it even more. Plus didn't she just say the same thing about touching it? "I don't think it will hurt me.." He mused quietly hesitantly picking up his front hoof to poke at the marking.

Lifting his gaze for a moment to see what the filly was thinking he paused seeing the worry on her face. While hesitant, fear did not consume him at the thought of chancing his luck and poking at it. Carefully he lowered his foot to touch the surface before pulling back slightly as he set it down again this time for a longer second. The ground was warm but it wasn't burning... could it still be fire? "It's warm but it didn't blow up." He concluded with a playful grin.

Aeolus Speaks

•• TAGS: @[Spice] •• NOTES: ••

Hidden Account
Spice
He's very daring. I like it!

Though I sigh when he defies me. I don't care that he did, I just want him to be careful. Anything could happen. Really! When he pokes at it after giving me a short glance, and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

"Oh, so we're in the clear?" I say with a small smile. It's good to know that it won't hurt us...though I am still cautious while I start to circle the dark stain.
Then, it occurs to me, sometimes we would get these kind of things at home, it was very hot there most of the year around, and we would get heat lightning storms all the time, resulting in these kind of fire-y looking things all over the place. I explain this to him, and I hope he understands what I mean.

"But it wasn't even raining..." I muse, looking up at the sky, my forelock falling to the side of my ear, out of my eyes for once. "Perhaps...you did it..?" Yeah, now he would probably think I'm weird. Delusional. Something of the sort, but it actually was half of a good idea. I hoped he would at least consider it, I mean, he seemed like the type that would love it if he had a super power.

"talking."
@[Aeolus]